Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 134

Thread: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In His Service
    Posts
    3,364

    Post What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    It is good to see the genuine outrage over New York’s approval of late term abortions. But it was heartbreaking that we learned that several other states are on track to do the same. However, the push-back seems to be working. In Virginia, a bill in their state legislature was tabled in committee instead of proceeding to a vote.

    Chick Publications has long stood against this slaughter of the innocents and we invite you to join the resistance by widely sharing "Who Murdered Clarice?".

    https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1009&ue=d
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

    ~ Smith Wigglesworth


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,564
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    This is real easy. No explainations or long videos are necessary. Just read Exodus 20:13
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,564
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    And no need to get sucked into some KJVO site either.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    And no need to get sucked into some KJVO site either.
    Kind of shows his real motives.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,286

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    The US has had to kind of concede territory to the Pro Choice people. And so the Pro Life people are arguing against abortion in the 3rd trimester.

    The fact the Pro Choice people are doubling down on abortion *at any time* indicates that they have no scruples about ending a viable human life in the womb. The mother's body is the exclusive concern of these people.

    Can you imagine if I said that the only life that matters is mine, and then proceed to murder everybody? That is what the Pro Choice people are in effect doing. They are denying the right to life of every viable unborn baby, and perhaps even defective born babies!

    Obviously, abortion is not what God ever had in mind. I think it is wrong at all times, except perhaps in the case of rape. Even then, I'm not sure there is a biblical answer in the case of rape.

    It is only questionable to me because in OT times Israel was sometimes called upon to destroy *all the Canaanites,* ie all family members, including babies, who were part of a complete apostate culture. Aborting the child of a rape may fall into this category perhaps?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Bookshelf
    Posts
    6,786
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It is only questionable to me because in OT times Israel was sometimes called upon to destroy *all the Canaanites,* ie all family members, including babies, who were part of a complete apostate culture. Aborting the child of a rape may fall into this category perhaps?
    Then what's the difference in killing toddler because of rape? Toddlers were killed in Canaan.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,286

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Then what's the difference in killing toddler because of rape? Toddlers were killed in Canaan.
    The difference is we don't have theocracies anymore, and so don't have the moral authority to decide, by the word of God, who should live and who should die, what culture is too far gone and what culture may change by acts of grace. But when someone is raped, she has been victimized, and being the victim she may have the right to decide. It is possible God may give her that moral authority--I can't say myself. Some things I just don't feel I know enough to say.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Bookshelf
    Posts
    6,786
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    The difference is we don't have theocracies anymore, and so don't have the moral authority to decide, by the word of God, who should live and who should die, what culture is too far gone and what culture may change by acts of grace. But when someone is raped, she has been victimized, and being the victim she may have the right to decide. It is possible God may give her that moral authority--I can't say myself. Some things I just don't feel I know enough to say.
    IMO the circumstances where it's okay to end a life apply equally to children as adults. The mother doesn't stop being a victim of circumstance just because she's given birth. Whether the situation is trivial or not, you're still killing a baby for reasons that have nothing to do with him/her.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,076

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    IMO the circumstances where it's okay to end a life apply equally to children as adults. The mother doesn't stop being a victim of circumstance just because she's given birth. Whether the situation is trivial or not, you're still killing a baby for reasons that have nothing to do with him/her.
    Explain how it's ever ok to end a child's life ? Ever....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Bookshelf
    Posts
    6,786
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Explain how it's ever ok to end a child's life ? Ever....
    When the decision is a matter of choosing one life over another, in which both cannot be saved and both die if no action is taken.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,911
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Explain how it's ever ok to end a child's life ? Ever....
    There are the occasional and rare few times that I, as a Christian, would be very sad, but understand the need to terminate a pregnancy.

    Here's just a few that I was made aware of in the past 30 years:
    • Twice, I've been made aware of the fact that an unborn baby had no head. Just a stump of the base of the brain. In one of those cases, the doctor was a Christian man who suffered emotionally as to how to tell the mother. One of his nurses was my friend and she told me. I never asked her how that turned out. I was too shocked and saddened.
    • An ectopic pregnancy [what we used to call back in the day a "tubal" pregnancy.] Yes a fetus can live and thrive outside the womb [I read of one baby born healthy attached outside the womb, not inside. But a tubal pregnancy will kill mother. A baby cannot develop inside the Fallopian tube without bursting the tube, obviously, and halting it's growth and development [dying] and causing the mother to bleed internally.


    I do not believe in terminating a pregnancy because of rape or incest.

    However, when I read of the case of the 9-year-old girl who was raped by her father and became pregnant in South America, my beliefs were shaken to the core . I still don't know what I would do in that case.

    Adult women who have become pregnancy via rape and/or incest should have lots of counseling, lots of love, and lots of medial care if they choose to have the baby.

    In those cases, the church and Christians should think of the mother just the same as they think of the baby.
    ".....it's your nickel"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,732
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    There are the occasional and rare few times that I, as a Christian, would be very sad, but understand the need to terminate a pregnancy.

    Here's just a few that I was made aware of in the past 30 years:
    • Twice, I've been made aware of the fact that an unborn baby had no head. Just a stump of the base of the brain. In one of those cases, the doctor was a Christian man who suffered emotionally as to how to tell the mother. One of his nurses was my friend and she told me. I never asked her how that turned out. I was too shocked and saddened.
    • An ectopic pregnancy [what we used to call back in the day a "tubal" pregnancy.] Yes a fetus can live and thrive outside the womb [I read of one baby born healthy attached outside the womb, not inside. But a tubal pregnancy will kill mother. A baby cannot develop inside the Fallopian tube without bursting the tube, obviously, and halting it's growth and development [dying] and causing the mother to bleed internally.


    I do not believe in terminating a pregnancy because of rape or incest.

    However, when I read of the case of the 9-year-old girl who was raped by her father and became pregnant in South America, my beliefs were shaken to the core . I still don't know what I would do in that case.

    Adult women who have become pregnancy via rape and/or incest should have lots of counseling, lots of love, and lots of medial care if they choose to have the baby.

    In those cases, the church and Christians should think of the mother just the same as they think of the baby.
    This is a powerful verse to hold onto:

    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

    God can make good of any "rape/incest" situation. Should the mother not want to keep the baby, there is a family willing, wanting or even needing and the birth can be a blessing.

    The element missing from the entire scope of murdering a baby for "selfishness," is that God is NOT in the lives or He is not trusted in the lives of those supporting the murdering of babies for personal (not medical/life and death) reasons.
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,076

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    There are the occasional and rare few times that I, as a Christian, would be very sad, but understand the need to terminate a pregnancy.

    Here's just a few that I was made aware of in the past 30 years:
    • Twice, I've been made aware of the fact that an unborn baby had no head. Just a stump of the base of the brain. In one of those cases, the doctor was a Christian man who suffered emotionally as to how to tell the mother. One of his nurses was my friend and she told me. I never asked her how that turned out. I was too shocked and saddened.
    • An ectopic pregnancy [what we used to call back in the day a "tubal" pregnancy.] Yes a fetus can live and thrive outside the womb [I read of one baby born healthy attached outside the womb, not inside. But a tubal pregnancy will kill mother. A baby cannot develop inside the Fallopian tube without bursting the tube, obviously, and halting it's growth and development [dying] and causing the mother to bleed internally.


    I do not believe in terminating a pregnancy because of rape or incest.

    However, when I read of the case of the 9-year-old girl who was raped by her father and became pregnant in South America, my beliefs were shaken to the core . I still don't know what I would do in that case.

    Adult women who have become pregnancy via rape and/or incest should have lots of counseling, lots of love, and lots of medial care if they choose to have the baby.

    In those cases, the church and Christians should think of the mother just the same as they think of the baby.
    Was there ever life to begin with in these circumstances ? I don't know. My question was in response to the statement made that "circumstances where it's okay to end a LIFE apply equally to children as adults" . This is an odd statement that implies that there IS life and it's okay in certain situations to terminate it, both in adults and children. Or am I misreading ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vilonia, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    when does life begin?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Posts
    427

    Re: What God Thinks Of Abortion..

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    when does life begin?
    at the moment of conception.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. IMPORTANT My friend who thinks she's a bad mom
    By Ashley274 in forum Prayer for the Persecuted Church
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 26th 2009, 05:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •