Thread: Vengeance is mine, I will repay says the Lord.

Vengeance is mine, I will repay says the Lord.

Romans 12:19 (KJB)
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

For those who continue practicing lawlessness, and think you're getting away with the evil you do, the Lord Almighty, Creator of the heavens and the earth, is telling you in this verse, you are eternally wrong.

You store up the wrath of God, to be repaid. And the Almighty will have all of eternity to exact His vengeance on the souls burning in the lake of fire.

Some will have burning coals of brimstone heaped upon their heads for the evil they have done.

Repent, turn from your sinful, wicked ways, and forsake them. Only the righteous will inherit eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. Repent or you will experience eternity unending in the firey furnace of hell. It is written, "where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched". Hell is a place of eternal burning, where a small tormenting worm will never relent. It is written, "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever". Hell is a place of eternal torment or torture, punishment throughout billions and trillions of years, countless ages and eons... forever. You will never get out, and you will forever know you are there - in the fire of hell.

Blog Entries

Re: Vengeance is mine, I will repay says the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Alert View Post
    Romans 12:19 (KJB)
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

For those who continue practicing lawlessness, and think you're getting away with the evil you do, the Lord Almighty, Creator of the heavens and the earth, is telling you in this verse, you are eternally wrong.

You store up the wrath of God, to be repaid. And the Almighty will have all of eternity to exact His vengeance on the souls burning in the lake of fire.

Some will have burning coals of brimstone heaped upon their heads for the evil they have done.

Repent, turn from your sinful, wicked ways, and forsake them. Only the righteous will inherit eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. Repent or you will experience eternity unending in the firey furnace of hell. It is written, "where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched". Hell is a place of eternal burning, where a small tormenting worm will never relent. It is written, "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever". Hell is a place of eternal torment or torture, punishment throughout billions and trillions of years, countless ages and eons... forever. You will never get out, and you will forever know you are there - in the fire of hell.
    About time somebody wrote this.
    Bring all to repentance for the time is at hand.

If your righteousness is not Christ's, you have nothing.

Blog Entries

I don’t think Alert was using this passage how it was intended. It’s not a verse threatening anyone

Notice who it’s directed at:

“Dearly beloved”

Why?

“Vengeance is mine. I will repay.”

It’s Gos’s job, not mine.

How does he do it?

I think the chapter division hurts us. Ignore it.

God often takes vengeance via human governments. Government is one of God’s tools to administer judgment and justice.

It’s not perfect. What isn’t dealt with here will be dealt with before Him.

Don’t avenge yourselves, saints of BF.

God will. Either here or up there.

That’s those who belong to God.

What’s the command?

Avenge not yourselves.

When I’m wronged by someone, I am not to seek revenge.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I don’t think Alert was using this passage how it was intended.
    Amazing isn't it? To use a verse that clearly says 'beloved, don't do the avenging' to tell the beloved God will exercise vengeance on them. Thank you for the correction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Amazing isn't it? To use a verse that clearly says 'beloved, don't do the avenging' to tell the beloved God will exercise vengeance on them. Thank you for the correction.
    It is amazing and it should be an example of how twisted and false doctrine can be taught with proof texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    It is amazing and it should be an example of how twisted and false doctrine can be taught with proof texting.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post

We are all beloved in the sight of God but just like a naughty child will still get his arse tanned for doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post

We are all beloved in the sight of God but just like a naughty child will still get his arse tanned for doing wrong

Blog Entries

God chastises those He loves. Thatís not vengeance, thatís correction.

And it is not the same context as the OP used it in

Thread Information