Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Division of the Week

Re: Division of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    That is probably needed to be discussed in a separate thread.
    I see the two as related but NOT the same period of time.
    One is a SIGN, the other is a reality.The SIGN though I see as a foreshadowing. As I say though to discuss without leading this thread off the rails requires a different thread.
    Cyberseeker claims that every 'Times, time and half a time' contains 42 + 1 (total 43) lunar months. So I did feel my comment was relevant to this thread. Not that it's far off, 43 x 29.5 days = 1268.5 days, which is very close to 1260. Yet 42 x 30 day months is a more exact match to 1260 days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Cyberseeker claims that every 'Times, time and half a time' contains 42 + 1 (total 43) lunar months. So I did feel my comment was relevant to this thread. Not that it's far off, 43 x 29.5 days = 1268.5 days, which is very close to 1260. Yet 42 x 30 day months is a more exact match to 1260 days.
    I know, I noted that these two things are unrelated.
    Also there are 86 months in some Sabbath cycles, but others have the second period as 1290 days, which is an additional month.
    This is because the Jewish cycle is spread over 19 years, not 21.
    You will always have one Adar II in a cycle which starts with 1 Abib/Nisan within the 3 years of Adar additions, but the second half has 4 Adar months and so can have 2 Adar IIs in the cycle.
    It is the Adar II which brings the recalibration. 1268 days is not a special count, but the 1260 and 1290 sounds special because of the connection.

If you count from 10th Abib/Nisan (when the Lamb is chosen) then you find the total period of time is 1260 days IF you include the first and last day.
    However if you count from the 14th when the Lamb is sacrificed to the 15th Tishri then you find the total is 1260 days:

So for example:
    14th Nisan 5770 is 29th March 2010

3 years 6 months later we find
    15th Tishri 5774 is 19th September 2013

This is 1270 days.
    If we have the AC enter the Temple on the date of the Wave Offering which is the date when Jesus was resurrected from the dead, and if this is within a week of the Passover (like it was when Jesus rose) then we have that total period of time reduced by as much as 7 days, and then also have the 3.5 days of the 2W lying dead, and then the day to flee, we then have a time of 1260 days.

What I am agreeing with Cyberseeker about though is that there is NO 360 day year as a prophetic year.

I see a good argument for the phrase "time, times and half a time" referring to 1260 days and not 43 lunar months:
    6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
    14 she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time

The event in Rev 12 v6 is described in the same wording as the event in Rev 12 v14, indicating that a time, times and half a time is actually 1260 days.
    I fairly agree, and believe it is but one "key" provided by our Lord that enables the reader to unlock the whole (of that particular topic [which extends outside of the Book of Revelation, as we know]), so to speak.

I believe "the wise" [of Israel] (of that future time period) "will understand" (at some point), and that this will of course be of great importance, seeing as they will be existing on the earth during a time period of great deception (2Th2:9-12, Matt24:4-5/Mk13:5-6, etc), i.e. the "DARK" portion of the DOTL time period (the 7-yr tribulation period, as we call it), the "one week [7 yrs]"

Blog Entries

You all ignore the very significant, clearly stated prophecy in Isaiah 13:13....the earth will be moved from her place.

This prophecy, in the context of the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, plainly described to us as a Coronal Mass Ejection of unprecedented magnitude, Isaiah 30:26, is the event that will commence all the things prophesied for the end times.
    So the entire final seven year period will be exactly 2 halves of 1290 days, 42 - 30 day months, and 3 1/2 years.

Maybe the 24 hour day will lengthen, but I doubt this, as this CME shouldn't affect the earths rotation. But it will affect its orbital speed, just a nudge along its orbital track will do it; the earth will shudder and shake, Haggai 2:6, Isaiah 24:18-19, Habakkuk 3:6, Psalms 18:7, Hebrews 12:26

Blog Entries

We are all on shaky ground when that happens Keraz.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    We are all on shaky ground when that happens Keraz.
    Sure; we will all be shocked and frightened when the Lord strikes the earth with His fiery wrath.
    THAT is why I post about it, we must take note of what God and the prophets have taken the effort to inform us about.

Come over to Thames and visit me sometime, we do have a lot in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    So the entire final seven year period will be exactly 2 halves of 1290 days, 42 - 30 day months, […]
    Do you mean to say "1260 days"? Because 42 x 30 = 1260 (not 1290). Am I understanding you right? (or, did you have trouble like the rest of us have, with being unable to "edit" your post?) Or some other explanation...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz
    The Aussies call us the 'Shaky Isles' already. As for tsunamis, I can imagine one rolling down the firth of Thames. I think I'd better stay on high ground.
    "Your name and renown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Do you mean to say "1260 days"? Because 42 x 30 = 1260 (not 1290). Am I understanding you right? (or, did you have trouble like the rest of us have, with being unable to "edit" your post?) Or some other explanation...?
    Thanks DW, yes I meant 1260 days will be exactly the same as 42 months and 3.5 years. I hope the Admin here fix the edit function soon.

Believe the Prophets: over 100 Bible prophesies vividly describe this forthcoming Day, when the Lord will arise and the world will never be the same again. We who do study the Prophetic Word, will look very silly when it happens, if we knew nothing about its effects and the results of it.

Psalm 94:1-23 God of vengeance – show Yourself! Rise now and judge the earth, repay the arrogant as they deserve. Lord, how long will the wicked exult and tread down Your chosen Land? They murder and carry out terror attacks, saying: The Lord does not see, their God pays no heed.
    Take heed yourselves, you most stupid of people; you fools, do you think that the Maker of all things cannot see or hear? Will He, who controls the destiny of nations, not correct them? The Instructor of mankind has all knowledge, He knows that the thoughts of everyone are but puffs of wind.
    Happy is the one whom the Lord instructs, those who receive His Law. They will be rescued from trouble, while the godless fall into a pit of their own making. The Lord will not abandon His people or forsake His chosen Land, for justice and righteousness will again come together and all who love the Lord will experience it.
    Who is on the Lord’s side against the godless? Who will stand up for Him against evildoers? I nearly made the mistake of not trusting the Lord, but He helped me in my time of trouble , He held me up and His comfort brought me joy.
    If justice is perverted and mischief is contrived under the cover of the law, that condemns the innocent – then you must not agree with it. The Lord will repay the wicked for their injustice, He will destroy them for their misdeeds.
    The Lord is my Rock, in whom I trust, He will give me refuge.

This is how it is now: The wicked exult and tread down the Lord’s chosen Land, they murder and carry out terror attacks. Psalm 10:1-6, Psalm 83:2-3, Joel 3:4-7, Ezekiel 25:1-17
    The prayer of the righteous people: Rise now and judge the earth; God of vengeance, repay the wicked for their injustice, destroy them for their misdeeds. Jeremiah 9:25-26, Nahum 1:2-6
    The Lord’s reply: The Lord will not abandon His people or forsake His chosen Land. He, who controls the destiny of the nations will judge those who disobey Him. The godless will fall into a pit of their own making. Psalms 7:12-15, Obadiah 15-16, Habakkuk 3:14, Isaiah 26:20-21
    Our response: The Lord is my Rock, in whom I trust, He will give me refuge. Isaiah 25:9, Isaiah 30:15, John 14:1, Romans 9:33, Psalms 37:3-6, Proverbs 29:25
    His promise: The Lord keeps us safe in the time of trouble. All those who love Him will experience justice and righteousness in the Land.
    Isaiah 41:1-10, Zeph. 3:16-20, Jer. 31;8-9

Psalm 97:1-12 The Lord reigns, righteousness and justice are His foundation. The heavens proclaim Him and all peoples can see His glory. Zion hears and all her cities are happy at Your judgements. Let the earth be glad, those in the coasts and islands rejoice! Cloud and thick darkness enfold Him, fire goes ahead of Him and consumes His enemies on every side. His lightning flash lights up the world, the earth sees and trembles.
    Mountains melt like wax at His approach, He is in control, may all who worship false idols be put to shame, for You, Y’hovah, are far above all other gods.
    The Lord loves those who hate evil, He keeps His loyal servants safe and delivers them from the power of the wicked. A harvest of light comes upon the righteous and joy to the upright in heart. You that are righteous, rejoice in the Lord and praise His Holy Name.

Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged.

His lightning flash lights up the world: A Coronal Mass Ejection. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1
    Clouds and thick darkness enfold Him: The Lord will not be seen at this time. Habakkuk 3:4
    Fire goes before Him and consumes His enemies: Deut. 32:22, Psalm 83:13-18, Isaiah 9:19, Jer.9:10-12, Eze.20:46-48, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7, Rev. 14:18
    Zion rejoices at Your judgements: All of the holy Land will be cleared of ungodly peoples. Deut.32:43, Isaiah 4:4b, Jer.12:14, Eze.30:1-5, Micah 5:10-11, Zeph.1:3 &11, Rom.9:22-23
    He keeps His loyal servants safe, they will rejoice and praise the Lord: Psalms 50:1-6, Zeph.2:3, Jer. 17:7-8, Joel 3:16, Nahum 1:7, 1 Cor.10:13, 2 Peter 2:9
    Ref: logostelos.info...Revised website with over 800 articles on prophecy and related subjects.

Blog Entries

Yes, this is the point that Im trying to make. The 1260 days (and 1290) is not meant to be divided into exact months at all. We know this because a normal month starts on a New Moon, whereas the formula starts when the moon is ten days old. The 1260 (1290) function was to count the days remaining from the Day of Atonement until the next Sabbatical cycle. And in the last 3 years a further one (or two) intercalary month was to be added.

So, although 42 months is mentioned in Rev 11:2 I dont think it is meant to assume a 360-day year. I think it is referencing the number of normal months before a leap-month has to be inserted.

"Your name and renown

Sure; we will all be shocked and frightened when the Lord strikes the earth with His fiery wrath.
    THAT is why I post about it, we must take note of what God and the prophets have taken the effort to inform us about.

Where do you place this in the tribulation timeline? Even as a post-tribber, surely we will escape that particular event?

Blog Entries

Where do you place this in the tribulation timeline? Even as a post-tribber, surely we will escape that particular event?
    I place the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath at the Sixth Seal, just where the Bible does. We are given the sequence of events in revelation; Seals, Trumpets, Bowls, then the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. Shuffling them invokes the curse of Rev 22.

No one will 'escape' that terrible Day. A literal 24 hour day. As Luke 21:34-35 tells us. Verse 36 says escape at these things in some translations, but the REBible says; 'pass safely through all these things'. Many verses tell of the Lord's protection during His Day of wrath and we are told to 'call upon the Lord for His help and we will be saved', Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

I place the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath at the Sixth Seal, just where the Bible does. We are given the sequence of events in revelation; Seals, Trumpets, Bowls, then the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. Shuffling them invokes the curse of Rev 22.

No one will 'escape' that terrible Day. A literal 24 hour day. As Luke 21:34-35 tells us. Verse 36 says escape at these things in some translations, but the REBible says; 'pass safely through all these things'. Many verses tell of the Lord's protection during His Day of wrath and we are told to 'call upon the Lord for His help and we will be saved', Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21
    Sure we shouldn't shuffle anything. I place the 6th seal when these events occur, the great day of God's wrath:
    12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
    15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, Fall on us and hide us[f] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?

The day of God's wrath in the bible is normally associated with the "Day of the Lord", an event that has a great earthquake, and the people flee to caves:

Isaiah 2: People will flee to caves in the rocks
    and to holes in the ground
    from the fearful presence of the Lord
    and the splendor of his majesty,
    when he rises to shake the earth.

Blog Entries

An Explanation of the Sixth Seal:
    Revelation 6:12-17;
    I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal, – At this moment a Coronal Mass Ejection will explode out from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Zephaniah 3:8, Jeremiah 23:19 Triggered by the attack onto Israel, as per Psalms 83, Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 50:1-3, 2 Peter 3:7

There was a violent earthquake – The microwave effect of the short wave spectrum penetrates the earth’s crust, triggering worldwide earthquakes. Haggai 2:6, Deuteronomy 32:22, Isaiah 26:18-20, Amos 8:8-9, Psalms 18:7

The sun turned black as a funeral pall – Acts 2:20 The approaching mass of the CME will obscure the sun. Joel 2:31, Amos 5:20

The moon became a red as blood – Joel 2:31 The superheated hydrogen plasma strikes the moon and causes a thermite reaction with the aluminium oxide moon dust. As well as: the bright red reflection of the initial flash. Isaiah 30:26a

The stars in the sky fell like ripe figs – All our satellites crash to earth and there may be a meteor shower. Isaiah 34:4, Isaiah 28:2

The sky vanished like a scroll being rolled up – Our magnetosphere and atmosphere facing the sun are pushed aside by this multi billion ton pressure wave of superheated hydrogen plasma. Jeremiah 30:23, Isaiah 34:4, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, Isaiah 51:6

Every mountain and island moved from their place – Tectonic plate movement caused by the microwave effect. Deuteronomy 32:22, Jeremiah 4:23-24, Habakkuk 3:6, Isaiah 13:13 Also may cause a magnetic pole reversal.

Everyone from high to lowly hid themselves – every person on earth will be terrified by what is coming and they scramble for cover. Ezekiel 7:15-19, Zephaniah 1:3 & 11, Luke 21:25-26

They called out: Hide us from the wrath of the Lamb – People will dive for cover and most will survive, as they see this disaster approaching. The main mass of a CME will take 24 - 36 hours to arrive on earth. Isaiah 2:19, Isaiah 28:21-22, Jeremiah 25:38, Luke 23:30

For the great Day of the Lord has come and who can stand? Deuteronomy 32:22, Ezekiel 7:7, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Joel 1:15.
    This is the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, prophesied over 100 times throughout the Bible, it is this terrible event that enables the establishment of a One World Government. But those who took heed of the warnings, Isaiah 26:20-21, took shelter and at the same time called to the Lord for protection, Acts 2:21, 1 Peter 1:5, Psalms 68:1-3, Joel 2:32 & 3:16 and will receive the great blessings the Lord has for His faithful Christian people.

Blog Entries

I just noticed another error on your chart - 2539 days does NOT equal 86 lunar months.
    If a lunar month is 29.5 days then 86 x 29.5 = 2537
    You seem to have included the day of 1st Abib at the End which is actually another year altogether (part of year 8).
    You also seem to have counted the 10th Tishri twice, once with the 1278 and once with the 1260 days.

One other thing to note is that due to the 19 year cycle, sometimes this 7 years is 30 days longer as three additional months might occur within a 7 year span, though the minimum is two.

I just noticed another error on your chart - 2539 days does NOT equal 86 lunar months.
    If a lunar month is 29.5 days then 86 x 29.5 = 2537
    You seem to have included the day of 1st Abib at the End which is actually another year altogether (part of year 8).
    You also seem to have counted the 10th Tishri twice, once with the 1278 and once with the 1260 days.

One other thing to note is that due to the 19 year cycle, sometimes this 7 years is 30 days longer as three additional months might occur within a 7 year span, though the minimum is two.

Thread Information