Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letís Say Something Good About Each Other.

Blog Entries

Re: Letís Say Something Good About Each Other.

The only good in me is God. The rest is tripe He's working on.

The only good in me is God. The rest is rubbish He's working on.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Let's "say something good about each other?" What do you mean--nobody ever says anything good? Nobody says anything good about others? What is "good?" Do you mean "good" as in "good works?" Do you mean we say good "around one another," but not "to one another?"

You see how that goes on a forum like this. People who are good prevail in that good. Some will always be motivated by pride and anger.

But I think it's a great idea to want to encourage one another to do good! I think it's always a good thing to encourage us to speak well of one another. I appreciate what you're trying to do brother. It speaks well of you!

I hope we all follow suit!

Hate to call people by name because I truly believe that everyone here has edified me in some way or another. But TrustGzus , Keck , Brian, Slug, Jayne, and especially the mailman dan. That guy is the bomb and I've never seen him disrespect anyone here. Even the extremists. I pay attention to that stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Let's "say something good about each other?" What do you mean--nobody ever says anything good? Nobody says anything good about others? What is "good?" Do you mean "good" as in "good works?" Do you mean we say good "around one another," but not "to one another?"

You see how that goes on a forum like this. People who are good prevail in that good. Some will always be motivated by pride and anger.

But I think it's a great idea to want to encourage one another to do good! I think it's always a good thing to encourage us to speak well of one another. I appreciate what you're trying to do brother. It speaks well of you!

I hope we all follow suit!
    RandyK, I love your calm, mature, friendly and respectful way of chatting. Your a pleasure to read.
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The only good in me is God. The rest is tripe He's working on.

The only good in me is God. The rest is rubbish He's working on.

I know exactly what your mean brother. That good in you is what others see. We are made in His image, diamonds in the rough. Thank be to God for the Holy Sprits work in our lives.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    RandyK, I love your calm, mature, friendly and respectful way of chatting. Your a pleasure to read.
    I was just afraid you wouldn't catch my drift. Thanks for standing up for what's right. Thanks for encouraging a mature outlook. This is the kind of thing that 1st drew me to God...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I know exactly what your mean brother. That good in you is what others see. We are made in His image, diamonds in the rough. Thank be to God for the Holy Sprits work in our lives.
    ďFor I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.Ē

I read that verse not as a judgment of others but as an attitude of ourselves. We are to find the place in our fellow believers lives where we find the evidence of Christ in them and focus on glorifying God for His continuing work in us.

Let us strive to see where the artist has touched the canvas, and there we will find Christ.

I love Keck for being a saintly and Godly person. He also bridges the gap between Judaism and Christianity better than anyone else I know.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I love Keck for being a saintly and Godly person. He also bridges the gap between Judaism and Christianity better than anyone else I know.
    I would be remiss in my duties if I did not acknowledge Fenris as an exemplary Jewish person. He has shown tremendous restraint in the face of hurtful comments on a Christian website. And his calm demeanor as been a source of hope for me, as I trust Christians and Jews will one day worship one God together.

Blog Entries

Agreed. I would also be remiss if I didn’t mention that Fenris has displayed the fruits of mature Christian character I strive for, especially in regards to the second greatest commandment.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I would be remiss in my duties if I did not acknowledge Fenris as an exemplary Jewish person. He has shown tremendous restraint in the face of hurtful comments on a Christian website. And his calm demeanor as been a source of hope for me, as I trust Christians and Jews will one day worship one God together.
    BTW Iíve said it before and I say it again - Fenris is a genuine mensch.

TrustGzus always posts with kindness, and does some really good exegesis! I love reading his post.

Keck posts with such clarity. I love the way he can be loving and truthfully blunt. I also love the way he explains things when he takes time to exegete a scripture.

Slug1. Man, I just love how Slug brings experience into his posts. If we are not experiencing the King and His kingdom, then something is seriously wrong.

Bluesky - what a gentle and kind soul. He certainly shows the love and grace of our savior.

Fenris - always well informed and gentle. Great sense of humor. I really like the way he explains the meanings of words, and the history that he often brings to bear in any discussion on Israel. Also, he often will speak about things that I am blind to so I learn a lot from him. And finally, he's nice to me.

Jayne - she doesn't come to a discussion without preperation. She uses knowledge of the word very well.

WatchingInAwe - speaks with gentleness, but with power. I love his post. He strives to win the person rather than just winning the argument.

Rookie - so well informed about scripture. Has a way about him that is always gentle, but firm.

Teddy - I always smile when he begins posting about geology. You better come prepared if you are goint to engage him concerning the age of the earth! I also like how gentle he is about things. But mostly, I love his knowledge about science. Of course, I am not a young earth advocate but could probably be persuaded either way eventually.

Scooby - I always like it when she posts about God's grace and His sovereignty in her life. Very comforting!

Aviyah - Another poster that is so well informed. And I like her approach to the scriptures. She is wise to not want judgment on our nation because hey, we have to live here too. Also, she is real. Her testimony about salvation should be read by everyone here. I grew up in the church lost! She had a real experience with God and so should we all!

Randyk - I really like how he discusses things. He's open and asks questions and will look at both sides of an issue. Fantastic person to just sit and talk with in a thread.

I'll probably add more later but gotta run for now.

God bless you all!

TrustGzus always posts with kindness, and does some really good exegesis! I love reading his post.

Keck posts with such clarity. I love the way he can be loving and truthfully blunt. I also love the way he explains things when he takes time to exegete a scripture.

Slug1. Man, I just love how Slug brings experience into his posts. If we are not experiencing the King and His kingdom, then something is seriously wrong.

Bluesky - what a gentle and kind soul. He certainly shows the love and grace of our savior.

Fenris - always well informed and gentle. Great sense of humor. I really like the way he explains the meanings of words, and the history that he often brings to bear in any discussion on Israel. Also, he often will speak about things that I am blind to so I learn a lot from him. And finally, he's nice to me.

Jayne - she doesn't come to a discussion without preperation. She uses knowledge of the word very well.

WatchingInAwe - speaks with gentleness, but with power. I love his post. He strives to win the person rather than just winning the argument.

Rookie - so well informed about scripture. Has a way about him that is always gentle, but firm.

Teddy - I always smile when he begins posting about geology. You better come prepared if you are goint to engage him concerning the age of the earth! I also like how gentle he is about things. But mostly, I love his knowledge about science. Of course, I am not a young earth advocate but could probably be persuaded either way eventually.

Scooby - I always like it when she posts about God's grace and His sovereignty in her life. Very comforting!

Aviyah - Another poster that is so well informed. And I like her approach to the scriptures. She is wise to not want judgment on our nation because hey, we have to live here too. Also, she is real. Her testimony about salvation should be read by everyone here. I grew up in the church lost! She had a real experience with God and so should we all!

Randyk - I really like how he discusses things. He's open and asks questions and will look at both sides of an issue. Fantastic person to just sit and talk with in a thread.

I'll probably add more later but gotta run for now.

God bless you all!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

BrotherMark, wise, friendly, knowledgeable,...fearless... I get a real sense that you live the Gospel. Your posts helped me at just the right time, coincidence? I thank God for you.

SEEKING, witty, smart, loyal, your a good friend to me and many. To the point, which I aspire to. I am happy you are here.

BrotherMark, wise, friendly, knowledgeable,...fearless... I get a real sense that you live the Gospel. Your posts helped me at just the right time, coincidence? I thank God for you.

SEEKING, witty, smart, loyal, your a good friend to me and many. To the point, which I aspire to. I am happy you are here.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

pbminimum
    Brother Mark
    keck
    mailmandan

All of these guys have edified and taught me a few things with their great posts. All of them have served as an example to me in how to look at things from a slightly different perspective and a slightly different angle while at the same time have helped affirm that I've been looking from the right angle at other times.

That's an awesome thing from an awesome group of guys.

Fenris. We disagree and agree on a lot of things in terms of theology and worship and I love to interact with him even when we disagree.
    And he's a true life hero off of the boards. Fact.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Thread Information