Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which of 16 Jesuses?

Which of 16 Jesuses?

There are at least 16 different versions of Jesus, each one a completely different person from the other 15. Which one do you believe in?

Jesus A plans to send at least one person to a place of inescapable, endless physical torture.
    Jesus B does not.

Jesus C regards the application of the intellect to questions of faith as evil.
    Jesus D does not.

As you can see, it is possible to have an AC, AD, BC or BD Jesus but not, for example, an ABCD or ABC one.

Jesus E regards bad behaviour towards other people as less serious if the person doing it has suffered a particular level of suffering in their life.
    Jesus F does not.

Jesus G sends direct instructions to people which it would be evil for them to regard as merely their imagination.
    Jesus H does not.

So, as you can see, you could have any one of each pair, leading to 16 different versions of Jesus. Which letter combination is yours, if you believe in Jesus?

Re: Which of 16 Jesuses?

1 John 5:9-12 [blb] -

God's Testimony about His Son

9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony of God that He has testified concerning His Son. 10 The one believing in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has testified concerning His Son.

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 The one having the Son has life; the one not having the Son of God does not have life.

[bold and underline in verses mine]

1 John 5:9-12 [blb] -

God's Testimony about His Son

9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony of God that He has testified concerning His Son. 10 The one believing in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has testified concerning His Son.

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 The one having the Son has life; the one not having the Son of God does not have life.

[bold and underline in verses mine]

I've already read the whole Bible twice, so I'm quite familiar with its content.

Which of the sixteen Jesuses is the one you believe in?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidYoung View Post
    I've already read the whole Bible twice, so I'm quite familiar with its content.

Post the 16 verses that you would use to identify 16 different Jesus' and then helping you with your misunderstanding of God's ONLY Son, will be possible.

Post the 16 verses that you would use to identify 16 different Jesus' and then helping you with your misunderstanding of God's ONLY Son, will be possible.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

If you have read the whole Bible twice; why are you hear baiting Christians?

Is it your intent, to proseltyze Christians away from their faith to Athiesm?

What is your motive in raising questions like these? Why waste your time with a group of people, that you believe are following 16 different, conflicted Jesuses?

Each version of Jesus has at some stage been presented to me as 'the real Jesus' by someone telling me that I too should believe in him. No Bible quoting dissuades any of the sixteen. My question is which one you believe in.

Blog Entries

Each version of Jesus has at some stage been presented to me as 'the real Jesus' by someone telling me that I too should believe in him. No Bible quoting dissuades any of the sixteen. My question is which one you believe in.
    There is only one Jesus Christ:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

There is only one Jesus Christ:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

David, IF you are truly "quite familiar" with the content of the Bible, then you know that:
    • A Jesus that "regards bad behaviour towards other people as less serious if the person doing it has suffered a particular level of suffering in their life." does not exist in the Bible.
    • A Jesus that "does not" believe in hell does not exist in the Bible.
    • A Jesus that "regards the application of the intellect to questions of faith as evil" does not exist in the Bible.

You see where I am going with this.

Again, you say you are "quite familiar" with the Bible yet you ask us to choose which descriptor of Jesus we believe in and these descriptors and not in the Bible.

I truly do not understand. Either you really DON'T have a genuine familiarity with the Bible or you are asking us to attach to Jesus that which is not found in the Bible.

I am confused.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Whether something appears in the Bible is not the be-all and end-all of what someone believes Jesus teaches. After all, Jesus is never quoted in the Bible as saying anything at all about what Christians later called the Bible, but many Christians believe that what they think about this is the same as what Jesus taught/teaches/thought/thinks.

Jesus is not quoted in any of the four canonical gospels as saying anything about any kind of sensation that is supposed to accompany conversion, but many Christians believe that a particular sensation is the same as Jesus 'entering their life' or speaking directly to them.

Jesus never taught the kind of ideology which counsellors in the 1970s picked up on with all the enthusiasm of an alcoholic in a brewery, but many Christians believe that questioning such ideology is synonymous with denying Christ.

The question is simply which of the sixteen versions of Jesus someone believes in, regardless of what they think of the other fifteen.

Blog Entries

Whether something appears in the Bible is not the be-all and end-all of what someone believes Jesus teaches. After all, Jesus is never quoted in the Bible as saying anything at all about what Christians later called the Bible, but many Christians believe that what they think about this is the same as what Jesus taught/teaches/thought/thinks.

Jesus is not quoted in any of the four canonical gospels as saying anything about any kind of sensation that is supposed to accompany conversion, but many Christians believe that a particular sensation is the same as Jesus 'entering their life' or speaking directly to them.

Jesus never taught the kind of ideology which counsellors in the 1970s picked up on with all the enthusiasm of an alcoholic in a brewery, but many Christians believe that questioning such ideology is synonymous with denying Christ.

The question is simply which of the sixteen versions of Jesus someone believes in, regardless of what they think of the other fifteen.
    If I can ask a question... how many of 16, raised from the dead?

If I can ask a question... how many of 16, raised from the dead?
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

There is only one Jesus:

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

Of course Jesus spoke to scriptures and those scriptures that would one day become the Bible. Jesus' teachings on what we called the Old Testament and his affirmation of what is taught there are myriad.

AND in John 16, Jesus told his followers that he has to go, but that the Holy Spirit would come, and that “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'"

Ergo, the teaching that the Holy Spirit "inspired" Mark, Matthew, Luke, John, Paul, Peter, the author of Hebrew, James, and Jude is true. And Jesus knew about their writings, teaching, and preaching AND said that they would be HIS worlds. So you are asking us to define our belief in Christ OUTSIDE the Bible? I can't do that. I won't do that. For the Christian, that is impossible.

You've presented incorrect, incomplete, and flawed versions of Christ and asked us to choose one?

If we can't use the Bible [which you claim you are "quite familiar" with] to form our understanding and belief about Christ, then what resource ARE we to use, David?
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Ergo, the teaching that the Holy Spirit "inspired" Mark, Matthew, Luke, John, Paul, Peter, the author of Hebrew, James, and Jude is true. And Jesus knew about their writings, teaching, and preaching AND said that they would be HIS worlds.
    [re: John 16:12-15]

Yes.

1 Corinthians 2:[9],10,16b; Colossians 1:25blb ['to complete']; Revelation 1:1... for a few examples.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Ergo, the teaching that the Holy Spirit "inspired" Mark, Matthew, Luke, John, Paul, Peter, the author of Hebrew, James, and Jude is true. And Jesus knew about their writings, teaching, and preaching AND said that they would be HIS worlds.
    **HIS words
    ~le sigh~
    ".....it's your nickel"

Christians assume the writings of the New Testament, or their canon of it, is inspired, but that is not the same as saying that Jesus ever described those writings. He never mentioned the epistle of Jude any more than the Shepherd of Hermas. He cited a number of writings which appear in Catholic and Orthodox canons but not Protestant ones (as did a number of New Testament writers) but never explicitly named them, or specifically said that they belonged to a single canon.

A lot of Christians start at the end and try to work backwards to put it at the beginning.

Thread Information