Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which of 16 Jesuses?

Re: Which of 16 Jesuses?

The replies on this thread remind me of that joke about the computer and the creationist.

EDIT (to my post): "but not exactly accurate"

[as you can see from my post "physical TORTURE" option you supplied is "made up" (either by you, or someone you have read, outside of scripture)]

EDIT (to my post): "but not exactly accurate"

[as you can see from my post "physical TORTURE" option you supplied is "made up" (either by you, or someone you have read, outside of scripture)]

1 John 5:9-12 [blb] -

God's Testimony about His Son

9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony of God that He has testified concerning His Son. 10 The one believing in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has testified concerning His Son.

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 The one having the Son has life; the one not having the Son of God does not have life.

[bold and underline in verses mine]

The word for "torment" used in the Luke 16:23,28 passage I had supplied, is used one other place: Matthew 4:24 "And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments [G931 - basanos], and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them." Of course, these are obviously "still living" persons, unlike the "rich man who died" in Lk16.

Related words:

--"G929 - basanismos" used (6x) in Rev9:5(2x), 14:11, 18:7,10,15

--"G928 - basanisthesontai / basanizo" used (12x) in Matthew 8:6,29, 14:24; Mk5:7, 6:48; Lk8:28; 2Pet2:8; Rev9:5, 11:10, 12:2, 14:10, 20:10

[note some are in reference to those still living, whereas others after they have died--take note of which is which]

Thread Information