Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revelation 9 7-10 hypothesis

Revelation 9 7-10 hypothesis

Might be a little crazy but after reading rev 9 a few times I got an idea
    :

íďAnd the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.Ē**Revelation‬ *9:7-10‬ *KJV‬‬

So does this description remind you of the centour from Greek myth.

Iím my mind this would makes sence because it could be Satanís way to oppose god by referencing Greek mythology and other false gods.

Again itís JUST AN IDEA

Blog Entries

Re: Revelation 9 7-10 hypothesis

Quote Originally Posted by Cherubim1 View Post
    :

’“And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.”**Revelation‬ *9:7-10‬ *KJV‬‬

I’m my mind this would makes sence because it could be Satan’s way to oppose god by referencing Greek mythology and other false gods.

Again it’s JUST AN IDEA
    They were the Roman armies Joel chapter 2 describes the Roman army as locus coming against Jerusalem

Five months was also the time of the siege in 70AD and also the life span of a locust

I see thanks for replying !

Blog Entries

I see thanks for replying !
    Do you agree that it might be so or just a coincidence?

I believe that your point makes a lot of sense. It is easy to stray when interpreting biblical prophecies.

But I do believe that in the end days deception will be high, and many false mericles will be performed.

Could this be one of them?

Blog Entries

I believe that your point makes a lot of sense. It is easy to stray when interpreting biblical prophecies.

But I do believe that in the end days deception will be high, and many false mericles will be performed.

Could this be one of them?
    I don’t believe so I believe this was fulfilled back in the first century

:

íďAnd the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.Ē**Revelation‬ *9:7-10‬ *KJV‬‬

Iím my mind this would makes sence because it could be Satanís way to oppose god by referencing Greek mythology and other false gods.

Again itís JUST AN IDEA
    On this forum you will see we each have our own opinions. I agree with Marty that the Romans had a good deal to do with the background of Revelation. But probably the majority of us here see the Revelation as fulfilled in the future, in perhaps a latter day kind of Roman Empire. That will be the Antichristian Empire.

Daniel 7 indicated that there would be 4 kingdoms, Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome, and that the 4th power, Rome, would break into 10 nations and 7 kings under the reign of Antichrist, the "Little Horn." Rev 17 refers to Rome cryptically as "Harlot Babylon."

So in a sense the Ancient Roman Empire set up the perfect background for the endtimes scenario. The Locust Plague appears to be a demon army that manages to produce the effect mentioned over a period of 5 months. I cannot fathom what this will be. I've often thought it was the work of a human army, controlled by a demonic leader. But people here were not being killed, and armies usually kill. So I just don't know. Your ideas are certainly welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    They were the Roman armies Joel chapter 2 describes the Roman army as locus coming against Jerusalem

Five months was also the time of the siege in 70AD and also the life span of a locust
    Locust eggs generally hatch in 2 weeks. They are nymphs for 1-2 months. They are fledglings for about 2 weeks. Adult locusts live about 10 weeks. (https://www.hunker.com/12330606/life-cycle-of-locusts)
    5 months sounds about right!

:

Again itís JUST AN IDEA
    The idea of the centaur is imaginative. God paints interesting pictures.

Another explanation I've heard is the locusts as US Apache helicopters in the Gulf War. They look kind of like locusts. They have armour and equipment like battle horses. The rotor on top is like a crown (maybe looks like gold if it reflects sunlight). There are faces of men in the cockpit. Apache Indian men had long hair. Sometimes teeth were painted on the helicopters. They have armour. They have wings. They are noisy like the sound of chariots of many horses. They have a tail. They waited 5 months during the build up of Operation Desert Shield (Aug. 2 1990-Jan. 17 1991). Bonus: the Kuwait oil wires were literally smoke from the bottomless pit like in Revelation 9:2.

Yes i can finally see that!

And i do believe that the events of revelation take place in the future as well.

I have too heard this interpretation, however my issue is the bible makes the forces seem more as spiritual forces rather than only man made ones.

According to revelation during these times many wonders will be preformed for the Antichrist to deceive many so I still feel as if some form of physical demonic activity will be present.

My other issue with the helicopter idea is that in Joel 2 verse 7-8 it explains that they "shall run like mighty men"
    and "climb the wall like men of war"

Blog Entries

My other issue with the helicopter idea is that in Joel 2 verse 7-8 it explains that they "shall run like mighty men"
    and "climb the wall like men of war"
    That’s right

Revelation is symbolic and the Old Testament shows us what that symbolism is

To me the phrase "run like mighty men" does not covey the image of a flying beast such as a Apache chopper.

To me the phrase "run like mighty men" does not covey the image of a flying beast such as a Apache chopper.
    The difficulty is only present if you equate the locusts in Joel with the locusts in Rev. 9:7-10. They could be different locusts. Note that they do very different things. The locusts in Joel destroy all the greenery. These locusts don't destroy the greenery.

Joel 2:3 WEB A fire devours before them,
    and behind them, a flame burns.
    The land is as the garden of Eden before them,
    and behind them, a desolate wilderness.
    Yes, and no one has escaped them.

Revelation 9:4 WEB They were told that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree, but only those people who donít have Godís seal on their foreheads.

Thread Information