Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

Blog Entries

Re: Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    You should see his blog. In one post, he's harping on some pastor for wearing polka dot shirts and skinny jeans. Therefore that makes him 'effeminate'. That's about as ad hominem as one can get.
    He should be harping on all the Baptist Pastors who sexually abused girls and boys and asking why the SBC allows convicted sex offenders to keep their Pastorial jobs.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-13588038.php
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    He should be harping on all the Baptist Pastors who sexually abused girls and boys and asking why the SBC allows convicted sex offenders to keep their Pastorial jobs.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-13588038.php
    Read that same article. Got under my skin big time. I was greatly ministered to in the Southern Baptist. However, this issue here isn't being handled properly. I get the whole "autonomy" thing. But dang, seems to me more could be done... if the article is true, then wow! And I don't have any reason at this point to doubt hte veracity of the article.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Edit to add: BTW, I posted a link to this article in the breaking news section earlier today. Figured it was something that we should all know about at this point. Reminded me of when Abimelech rebuked Abraham... when the world has to rebuke the church about sin, something is deeply wrong.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Oh, my STARS!!!! It's "Pastor" Anderson!

Jude, PLEASE listen. This incident has nothing to do with end times. This man is a false, false teacher and I would not believe anything he says.

He used to post on another Christian message board a little over a decade ago that I was on and he is the most legalistic and unfaithful teacher/preacher I've ever seen. He used to post a lot of his sermons online and here is some of what he believes and teaches.

• He believes and preaches [I saw the video of that sermon] that it is a sin for men to urinate sitting down. Because the King James in various places refers to males as those that "pisseth against a wall", he preaches that this is the only way men can urinate.
    • He has an entire online sermon on how Jesus did not wear a flowing robe down to the ground because "that's a dress". He uses the Levitical idea of "breeches" for priests in Exodus to claim that Jesus Christ wore pants just like modern day pants down to the ground.
    • He teaches that women should never see a male doctor of any kind - especially a gynecologist. He teaches they would both be in sin.
    • He frequently uses the words queers, dikes, and faggots in attacking people, other churches, and politicians and he uses [screams] these words from his pulpit and says that if you don't like it - find another church. He directly teaches a hatred of gay people. He says we are to hate them.
    • He has an online sermon about a homeless man slept at his church door one night. He laughed about and mocked him saying that there is NO poverty in the America and that the problem is people won't work and therefore they shouldn't eat. He says that food banks in his town are throwing food in the trash because there is no poverty. He never once expressed compassion for that man.
    • There's a lot more to prove his false teachings and grotesque hate of people, but I'll stop here.

He is a hater of Jews, gay people, other denominations, any Bible except the King James, and anyone who disagrees with him.

And his "church" is growing by leaps and bounds.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post

Jude, PLEASE listen. This incident has nothing to do with end times. This man is a false, false teacher and I would not believe anything he says.

He used to post on another Christian message board a little over a decade ago that I was on and he is the most legalistic and unfaithful teacher/preacher I've ever seen. He used to post a lot of his sermons online and here is some of what he believes and teaches.

• He believes and preaches [I saw the video of that sermon] that it is a sin for men to urinate sitting down. Because the King James in various places refers to males as those that "pisseth against a wall", he preaches that this is the only way men can urinate.
    • He has an entire online sermon on how Jesus did not wear a flowing robe down to the ground because "that's a dress". He uses the Levitical idea of "breeches" for priests in Exodus to claim that Jesus Christ wore pants just like modern day pants down to the ground.
    • He teaches that women should never see a male doctor of any kind - especially a gynecologist. He teaches they would both be in sin.
    • He frequently uses the words queers, dikes, and faggots in attacking people, other churches, and politicians and he uses [screams] these words from his pulpit and says that if you don't like it - find another church. He directly teaches a hatred of gay people. He says we are to hate them.
    • He has an online sermon about a homeless man slept at his church door one night. He laughed about and mocked him saying that there is NO poverty in the America and that the problem is people won't work and therefore they shouldn't eat. He says that food banks in his town are throwing food in the trash because there is no poverty. He never once expressed compassion for that man.
    • There's a lot more to prove his false teachings and grotesque hate of people, but I'll stop here.

He is a hater of Jews, gay people, other denominations, any Bible except the King James, and anyone who disagrees with him.

I'd never heard of this guy until today.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Read that same article. Got under my skin big time. I was greatly ministered to in the Southern Baptist. However, this issue here isn't being handled properly. I get the whole "autonomy" thing. But dang, seems to me more could be done... if the article is true, then wow! And I don't have any reason at this point to doubt hte veracity of the article.
    I was also mentored in the Southern Baptist and served in various ministries. It was their interpretation of "a husband of one wife" that really bothered me. It's like divorce - even before a person comes to Christ - is unforgivable in terms of serving God.

Yet many elders I knew lived with women before they were married - some even have out of wedlock children. But that's ok, because they don't have that piece of paper that declares them unredeemable hanging over them.....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Wow. This sounds like a cult.

Why does it not surprise me that he is KJVO?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I was also mentored in the Southern Baptist and served in various ministries. It was their interpretation of "a husband of one wife" that really bothered me. It's like divorce - even before a person comes to Christ - is unforgivable in terms of serving God.

Yet many elders I knew lived with women before they were married - some even have out of wedlock children. But that's ok, because they don't have that piece of paper that declares them unredeemable hanging over them.....
    Yea... I've heard of such things. Saw it more in a different denomination but that is just bad. Real bad theology.
    NASU

I almost didn't reply to this... but it was so good, I think I will now.

This kind of legalism is not healthy in any way, shape or form. I grew up under legalism in church and it almost sent me to hell! It wasn't as bad as this one, but it was bad enough that I was not very fond of God. Thank you for taking time to type out this post. It was very important.
    NASU

Blog Entries

This is real interesting and it is vital that we do not fall into the snare of these legalist preachers. I really question the honesty of this man regarding the OP's reporting of the incident.

I also seriously question whether his attitude/actions/response with LE has anything to do with his faith.

We only glorify God if persecution is for His sake and His righteousness.

If I get the my rear end kicked for being a rear end, that's not glorifying to God.

Thread Information