Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

Post Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

Wanted to put this in Breaking News but it's not current..

Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzd7G875Hc
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Re: Baptist Pastor Beaten + Tazed By Border Patrol - 11 Stitches

Yeah, that was 10 years ago. Also, he was acquitted of all charges against him.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Also, that guy is a nut.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Blog Entries

This is what happens when people visit websites and post from them half truths with bias, deception and attempts to indoctrinate people who don't bother to fact check what they read.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what half truths with bias and deception you're referring to? The agents acted in a manner that violated his constitutional rights and then the officers broke his windows, dragged him out of the car and tazed him twice - then proceeded to lie about what transpired while under oath. Thank God for witnesses.

I didn't get this from the video posted but I remember the case well from reports from trusted ( by myself anyway ) sites like Fox News and other on air news programs.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Also, that guy is a nut.
    Yeah he is pretty out there.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Also, that guy is a nut.
    Say's judge Teddy..

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Blog Entries

Teddy's right. The guy has said and done some pretty nutty things bro.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I'm not sure what half truths with bias and deception you're referring to? The agents acted in a manner that violated his constitutional rights and then the officers broke his windows, dragged him out of the car and tazed him twice - then proceeded to lie about what transpired while under oath. Thank God for witnesses.

I didn't get this from the video posted but I remember the case well from reports from trusted ( by myself anyway ) sites like Fox News and other on air news programs.
    Do the agents get to address these accusations? How many times when black people who don't cooperate with LE and get beaten are told "you should have obeyed the orders of LE."

Let's not have double standards just because of a title and the guy is white.

Do the agents get to address these accusations? How many times when black people who don't cooperate with LE and get beaten are told "you should have obeyed the orders of LE."

Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

All I am saying here is that it is presented as some sort of religious persecution, just because "Pastor" is added to the incident. It may or may have not been excessive force - that is what DUE PROCESS is for.

But had this man had another title, let's say he was a Muslim Cleric....then this You Tube video wouldn't exist from the source it came from.

That is what I find deceptive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post

keck, I love you bro but you're barking up the wrong tree here. Look it up. The judge went with Supreme Court decisions about what is and what isn't constitutional at these checkpoints and the officers actually did break out his windows, taze him twice.

Then they lied about it under oath according to witnesses at the scene.

I'm always on the side of L.E. unless or until it's proven that they did wrong. In this case it was proven that they did wrong.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    All I am saying here is that it is presented as some sort of religious persecution, just because "Pastor" is added to the incident. It may or may have not been excessive force - that is what DUE PROCESS is for.
    OH. I didn't even consider that angle. This didn't have anything to to do with him being a pastor at all so on that point I would agree.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

OH. I didn't even consider that angle. This didn't have anything to to do with him being a pastor at all so on that point I would agree.
    Thank you. I know LE sometimes use excessive force - and they should be held to account. But I don't want that accounting to apply only to white Pastors.

Everyone has a right to equal protection under the law, and making this a religious persecution event is wrong. I would like to see Christians advocate for their perceived enemies who are abused with the same fervor.

That is what we should be about. If we aren't 100% transparent and 100% equitable, we profane the Name of the Lord. And because Christian Pastors have been "protected" (now the SBC is being excoriated for protecting pastors who sexually assaulted young men and women) unfairly, our faith is mocked by the world - and rightly so in these matters.

If we are going to be mocked and ridiculed, let us at least know it is for the Name of Christ, and not hypocrisy.

Teddy's right. The guy has said and done some pretty nutty things bro.
    Like what i don't know the guy?

~ Smith Wigglesworth

You should see his blog. In one post, he's harping on some pastor for wearing polka dot shirts and skinny jeans. Therefore that makes him 'effeminate'. That's about as ad hominem as one can get.

Thread Information