Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Blog Entries

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Quote Originally Posted by henrychills View Post
    But what are Christians winning?
    Satisfaction that life is getting good for them...while the needs of humanity are not being adequately met?
    Political strength to right wrongs...while offending those who are feeling wronged?
    America is experiencing an anxiety disorder: The sheep and the goats are rumbling instead of
    strolling beside the still waters.
    Let me get this straight , you would like to return to peace and tranquility of another democratic presidency like Obama 's ?

Blog Entries

But what are Christians winning?
    Satisfaction that life is getting good for them...while the needs of humanity are not being adequately met?
    Political strength to right wrongs...while offending those who are feeling wronged?
    America is experiencing an anxiety disorder: The sheep and the goats are rumbling instead of
    strolling beside the still waters.
    It depends whether you believe the Bill of Rights is actually God given or man given.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    Let me get this straight , you would like to return to peace and tranquility of another democratic presidency like Obama 's ?
    You assume too much.
    There is a balance within Christianity.
    It may surprise you that not all Republicans are Christians or that there are some Christians among the Democrats.

Would Christ call a man a "Christian" that cheats on his wife?
    But it is alleged that Don Juan (Spanish for John) paid 130k for the opportunity...

My point is this very clear: Are Christians supposed to exalt Jesus and do what Jesus would do
    or are Christians supposed to look to a worldly leader and exalt the things he does while wearing the name "Christian"

What exactly did Christians win that is of any heavenly good when they bet on Trump?

Will Christians stand in the final judgment and say
    "We made a deal with the devil so that the cause of Christ could win?"

You assume too much.
    It may surprise you that not all Republicans are Christians or that there are some Christians among the Democrats.

But it is alleged that Don Juan (Spanish for John) paid 130k for the opportunity...

My point is this very clear: Are Christians supposed to exalt Jesus and do what Jesus would do
    or are Christians supposed to look to a worldly leader and exalt the things he does while wearing the name "Christian"

What exactly did Christians win that is of any heavenly good when they bet on Trump?

Blog Entries

You assume too much.

Do you assume me to be a Republican ? I am not , although that is where the majority of my votes go . There are too many swamp creatures in both parties .

And just because God installs leaders of government does not mean they are perfect by any means .Even Kings that wrote part of the Bible have had some major trouble . It was not money that King David used it was death . 2 Samuel Chapter 11 .

I voted for Donald John Trump , who did you vote for ?

You assume too much.

I thank God often that He raised up a modern day Cyrus for us. Had the Democrats continued what the former president started, Christians would be forced to choose between following God and losing their jobs/businesses/charties, or obeying government and forsaking what God has taught us.

Yea... what will I do at the final judgment? I will thank God again for the reprieve that the modern day Cyrus (President Trump) gave to us.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I thank God often that He raised up a modern day Cyrus for us. Had the Democrats continued what the former president started, Christians would be forced to choose between following God and losing their jobs/businesses/charties, or obeying government and forsaking what God has taught us.

Yea... what will I do at the final judgment? I will thank God again for the reprieve that the modern day Cyrus (President Trump) gave to us.
    Completely agree with ya brother! Closer and closer we are getting to the great Apostasy that we are warned about and when the government flips that switch, I see many MORE "Christians" allowing the world to dictate how to be faithful.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Banghead Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Do you assume me to be a Republican ? I am not , although that is where the majority of my votes go . There are too many swamp creatures in both parties .

And just because God installs leaders of government does not mean they are perfect by any means .Even Kings that wrote part of the Bible have had some major trouble . It was not money that King David used it was death . 2 Samuel Chapter 11 .

I voted for Donald John Trump , who did you vote for ?
    I too voted for Donald Trump.
    (Never again...Big disappointment)
    But now that I understand his place in Bible prophecy, he won't be running again.
    What comes after Trump is going to be the problem.

Our presidents have been chipping away at our democracy
    Recent examples:
    Bush II started inserting statements when he signed legislation … that he would not enforce parts of the law that he opposed
    Obama started using executive orders to bypass Congress
    And Trump is redirecting money appropriated for other purposes
    The next fellow will exercise even more authority and dare congress to veto him
    It is turning our democracy on its head:

Christians bet on Trump and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post

That may be what you think today,
    but when the unexpected consequences come as they will,
    it will be too late to stop what has been set in motion.

I am a Bible student.
    I do not have a "dog in this fight"
    Just making an observation for anyone interested.
    In time, we will understand better the situation that we have created for ourselves.
    In the meantime, we can swim in our pool like the frog in the lab experiment...
    you know the one that never jumped out of the pot and eventually was boiled to death?

Blog Entries

In time, we will understand better the situation that we have created for ourselves.
    Created for ourselves? As a student of the Word myself, seems more about HOW we handle the situations we find ourselves in when God "creates" purpose to see His will accomplished. Scripture says all leaders are placed by God.

For example... WHEN Clinton lost against Trump, the first ministering I received was, "and they will know that I am God."
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

I too voted for Donald Trump.
    (Never again...Big disappointment)
    But now that I understand his place in Bible prophecy, he won't be running again.
    What comes after Trump is going to be the problem.

Our presidents have been chipping away at our democracy
    Recent examples:
    Bush II started inserting statements when he signed legislation … that he would not enforce parts of the law that he opposed
    Obama started using executive orders to bypass Congress
    And Trump is redirecting money appropriated for other purposes
    The next fellow will exercise even more authority and dare congress to veto him
    It is turning our democracy on its head:

Christians bet on Trump and lost.
    Your post is pretty accurate until the last line. I totally disagree with that statement. I would ask you what the alternative was to Trump ? What would happen if Christians "bet" on Clinton ?

Now fast forward till next years elections. Who will you "bet" on in the election ? Joe Biden ? These are the cards we are dealt friend.

I am a Bible student.
    I do not have a "dog in this fight"
    Just making an observation for anyone interested.
    In the meantime, we can swim in our pool like the frog in the lab experiment...
    you know the one that never jumped out of the pot and eventually was boiled to death?
    Most Christians I know didn't even vote for Trump in the primary. But once he won it, he was the only viable option. Do I , and most here agree with him on everything ? Of course not. But don't pretend that we , as believers created this for ourselves. Also, my hope isn't associated with politics. Also know that I, and every other blood bought believer are not lab frogs. We have victory. In fact , almost every society of Christians since Christ have lived under oppressive rule. Were they experiments too ?

He is a reprieve. It would have been far worse under HRC. The FBI, DOJ, IRS, etc. were weaponized and the former president came after believers. Trump is a Cyrus. If he is not re-elected, it will get bad for believers here. Thankfully, his appointments to the courts may slow that down for a while... especially if he can get another 2 appointments to the SC. Praying he will be relected and still thankful to the Lord for the reprieve He granted us.

The whole "boiling water slowly" meme is a myth.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

He is a reprieve. It would have been far worse under HRC. The FBI, DOJ, IRS, etc. were weaponized and the former president came after believers. Trump is a Cyrus. If he is not re-elected, it will get bad for believers here. Thankfully, his appointments to the courts may slow that down for a while... especially if he can get another 2 appointments to the SC. Praying he will be relected and still thankful to the Lord for the reprieve He granted us.
    You nailed it...The 8 years that Obama spent loading the FBI , DOJ , IRS did a considerable amount of damage that will take at least that many years to undo. Trump identified and exposed the corruption for what it was and they hate him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Created for ourselves? As a student of the Word myself, seems more about HOW we handle the situations we find ourselves in when God "creates" purpose to see His will accomplished. Scripture says all leaders are placed by God.

For example... WHEN Clinton lost against Trump, the first ministering I received was, "and they will know that I am God."
    Pharaoh is an example of a king in Egypt that was put in office by God:

Ex 9:13 ¶ "And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning,
    and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews...
    16 "And in very deed for this [cause] have I raised thee up,
    for to shew [in] thee My power; and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth."

And that could be the reason why God raised up President Trump.

But as I read the prophecies: President Trump is about to take the US to war with Iran
    and that will prepare the way for President Pence.

There will be peace an prosperity for a little while longer
    then sudden destruction and The Time of Trouble will come as predicted.

Blog Entries

Pharaoh is an example of a king in Egypt that was put in office by God:

Ex 9:13 ¶ "And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning,
    and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews...
    16 "And in very deed for this [cause] have I raised thee up,
    for to shew [in] thee My power; and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth."

And that could be the reason why God raised up President Trump.

But as I read the prophecies: President Trump is about to take the US to war with Iran
    and that will prepare the way for President Pence.

There will be peace an prosperity for a little while longer
    then sudden destruction and The Time of Trouble will come as predicted.
    Do you ONLY see wrong in what Trump does?
    Slug1--out

Thread Information