Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Whatsoever you do, do as unto the Lord. Whether you vote, or don't vote, etc. do it for Him. Everything you do, even the idle words, are judged whether for good or for bad.

Right now, the best we have is DT. Thank God he won or things would be a LOT worse for Christians in the USA.
    So everything sums up to what is best "for Christians in the USA" ???

And well seems Peter took his sword because of his "devotion" to the Lord to cut off the right ear of the soldier that came to capture Jesus ... but ... but ... what did Jesus say ???

Concerning your title for this thread Brother Mark ...

Maybe ... short term win then long term loss ...

One thing I think is for sure ... God is in control and He allowed this to happen ... and He allowed it for a reason ...

... love the truth ...

Whatsoever you do, do as unto the Lord. Whether you vote, or don't vote, etc. do it for Him. Everything you do, even the idle words, are judged whether for good or for bad.

Right now, the best we have is DT. Thank God he won or things would be a LOT worse for Christians in the USA.

And well seems Peter took his sword because of his "devotion" to the Lord to cut off the right ear of the soldier that came to capture Jesus ... but ... but ... what did Jesus say ???

One thing I think is for sure ... God is in control and He allowed this to happen ... and He allowed it for a reason ...

... love the truth ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post

... love the truth ...
    The thread isn't mine nor is the title. Trump is WAY better than the alternative was or is. The unborn will be better off. If believers are better off then so is the nation. The unborn are more protected and so on.

What the other party has to offer is very, very, very evil. Plus, Trump has also exposed the major corruption in the administrative state (i.e. the DOJ, FBI, etc.). For that, we should all be thankful.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

The thread isn't mine nor is the title. Trump is WAY better than the alternative was or is. The unborn will be better off. If believers are better off then so is the nation. The unborn are more protected and so on.

What the other party has to offer is very, very, very evil. Plus, Trump has also exposed the major corruption in the administrative state (i.e. the DOJ, FBI, etc.). For that, we should all be thankful.
    We can agree what the other party has to offer is very, very, very evil. And I totally believe you are sincere.

What I don't believe is that Trump is way better than the alternative was or is. I think this was a heart wrenching election. Since I was old enough to vote I thought both major parties were very, very, very evil ... so mostly I found a candidate I could feel good voting for ... not one that would win (and I didn't vote for Perot) but one I felt good about voting for. I didn't feel the need to vote for the Pharisees OR the Sadducee (to put it in terms for first century when Jesus was born). Yes I realize many could say I just threw my vote away. And yes I will be accountable to God for everything I've done and every choice I have made.

But I feel compelled to say if you lived in a neighborhood that had one bad guy and another battling ... would you pick the less worse bad guy and "hook up with him" ??? Is that what Christians are called to do ??? Well it does seem what Americans are "called" to do ... but I don't feel compelled to "answer" that call ... I rather stand and if need be fall supporting neither ...

Pagan Rome did commit infanticide ... and you asked did they commit it on the scale that happens today ... well the scale of the amount of people alive is much more today ... so I don't know what scale it was ... BUT I do know that the major call in scripture is not to stop the infanticide that happened then ... there are much worse things than the death of the physical body!

So this morning I was lying in bed ... and what came to mind thinking about all this is ... Christianity and the Roman Empire and the "dance" that went on there ... Christians were a lot better off after that "alliance" and I guess a lot of other people also ... was this something that God choose or God allowed ... was the alliance between the Roman Empire and Christianity the "best" choice of Christians???

I would like abortion to be illegal even abortion for incest or rape. Is the unborn conceived through incest or rape any less "life" so that it is then "acceptable" to destroy??? And I truly doubt that abortion is going to be outlawed. But not to dwell on that ... the point is that Christians are called to save SOULS not physical lifes (well that is my understanding).

And to promote Trump as a Cyrus (which yea I read about Cyrus ... and I don't think they are the same ... which we could go into a discussion about that but I will save it for another post) is saying that Trump is anointed which Scripture says Cyrus was anointed and God actually spoke to Cyrus. This is what really concerns me ... I can understand people saying they voted for Trump ... but to promote him as being anointed by God ... I have a problem with that. People are worshipping Trump ... have you seen ... yea maybe not you but others are ... Trump even claimed he could shoot someone and his supporters would still support him ... that scares me ... They even have Trump/Cyrus "coins" that are being sold for big bucks ... God help us!

And you were the OP and you did chose the thread title ... and exposure of major corruption by the DOJ and FBI I think has not yet been established ... but I don't want to make that the "substance" of what I have wrote here and I hope you don't want to either ...

We can agree what the other party has to offer is very, very, very evil. And I totally believe you are sincere.

What I don't believe is that Trump is way better than the alternative was or is.
    The judges he has appointed show he is WAY better than the alternative.

I think this was a heart wrenching election.
    No doubt about that. I held my nose when I voted. However, I have since changed my mind. I had no idea the level of corruption in the FBI, DOJ, etc. I saw it some in the IRS but man, what we are seeing today is amazing! For that reason alone, I believe God elevated Trump... it was a last chance for us to see what our government has really become and to see if we, as a nation, are willing to repent or not. Personally, I beleive Trump is just a reprieve before we start going off the deep end again.

And yes I will be accountable to God for everything I've done and every choice I have made.
    Agreed. In all areas of life.

But I feel compelled to say if you lived in a neighborhood that had one bad guy and another battling ... would you pick the less worse bad guy and "hook up with him" ??? Is that what Christians are called to do ??? Well it does seem what Americans are "called" to do ... but I don't feel compelled to "answer" that call ... I rather stand and if need be fall supporting neither ...
    No one is perfect. I don't expect perfection. But the direction one is heading matters. Cyrus is way better than Goliath.

Pagan Rome did commit infanticide ... and you asked did they commit it on the scale that happens today ... well the scale of the amount of people alive is much more today ... so I don't know what scale it was ... BUT I do know that the major call in scripture is not to stop the infanticide that happened then ... there are much worse things than the death of the physical body!
    Government is to shed man's blood when man sheds man's blood. That was established way back in Noah's day. It was reaffirmed in Romans 13. The entire purpose of government is to wield the sword of God's wrath. Government absolutely should be putting a stop to infanticide. God has called for it. In our government, that means we vote to establish that or we vote to ignore God's purpose for government.

That said, most often in history, Christianity has been counter culture. For much of American history, Christianity has influenced government for better in this country. That however is rapidly changing and we are becoming counter culture again. We need another revival on the scale of the Jesus movement or great awakings.

I would like abortion to be illegal even abortion for incest or rape. Is the unborn conceived through incest or rape any less "life" so that it is then "acceptable" to destroy??? And I truly doubt that abortion is going to be outlawed. But not to dwell on that ... the point is that Christians are called to save SOULS not physical lifes (well that is my understanding).
    Agreed. And that is God's intention for government. I can either vote for God's purposes for government or vote against it.

People are worshipping Trump
    Baloney. No one is worshiping Trump.

... have you seen ... yea maybe not you but others are ... Trump even claimed he could shoot someone and his supporters would still support him ... that scares me ...
    Hyperbole. Trump has used that form of speach for a long time. Don't confuse hyperbole with literalism.

They even have Trump/Cyrus "coins" that are being sold for big bucks ...
    Israel certainly sees him as Cyrus. BTW, Cyrus had a heart for God's people but I don't think he was actually saved. Maybe he was.

God help us!
    Amen! He gave us Trump to expose the deep corruption in this country. If the other party had won, we would have been toast and I think you know that.

And you were the OP and you did chose the thread title ... and exposure of major corruption by the DOJ and FBI I think has not yet been established ... but I don't want to make that the "substance" of what I have wrote here and I hope you don't want to either ...
    Oh... my mistake. You are right. I was quoting an article and I confused this thread with another thread. My apologies.

I think it is clear as day about the corruption. The FISA courts were lied to. The IRS was certainly corrupt and it was covered up. They went after the Tea Party in spades after 2010 and starved them of money. It likely impacted the election. The biggest downfall of congress going to the democrats is it limits the ability to investigate the DOJ, FBI, CIA, etc. Trump was right about being spied on during the election. That much we already know for sure.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

They even have Trump/Cyrus "coins" that are being sold for big bucks ... God help us!
    I thought this was a joke originally, but looked into it more and it made me so furious I had to stop reading, lol.

They even have Trump/Cyrus "coins" that are being sold for big bucks ... God help us!
    I thought this was a joke originally, but looked into it more and it made me so furious I had to stop reading, lol.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo

If we will held accountable for who we vote then don't vote at all Dem/GOP or vote a Bible loyal party, I am confident you have at least one?
    I struggle finding a party that represents my values. On moral issue I am socially conservative. On other issues I am centrist. So where do I go? If I lived in the US, I would probably vote the man rather than the party. (That precludes your truely) Its a dilemma.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    I struggle finding a party that represents my values. On moral issue I am socially conservative. On other issues I am centrist. So where do I go? If I lived in the US, I would probably vote the man rather than the party. (That precludes your truely) Its a dilemma.
    Where I live we have 2 small (4% and 2%) Biblical Christian parties. I always vote on the 4% one. They are currently part of the administration and they make a difference. In 2002 I made one exception and voted strategically, I still regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Where I live we have 2 small (4% and 2%) Biblical Christian parties. I always vote on the 4% one. They are currently part of the administration and they make a difference. In 2002 I made one exception and voted strategically, I still regret it.

No doubt about that. I held my nose when I voted. However, I have since changed my mind. I had no idea the level of corruption in the FBI, DOJ, etc. I saw it some in the IRS but man, what we are seeing today is amazing! For that reason alone, I believe God elevated Trump... it was a last chance for us to see what our government has really become and to see if we, as a nation, are willing to repent or not. Personally, I beleive Trump is just a reprieve before we start going off the deep end again.

No one is perfect. I don't expect perfection. But the direction one is heading matters. Cyrus is way better than Goliath.

Government is to shed man's blood when man sheds man's blood. That was established way back in Noah's day. It was reaffirmed in Romans 13. The entire purpose of government is to wield the sword of God's wrath. Government absolutely should be putting a stop to infanticide. God has called for it. In our government, that means we vote to establish that or we vote to ignore God's purpose for government.

That said, most often in history, Christianity has been counter culture. For much of American history, Christianity has influenced government for better in this country. That however is rapidly changing and we are becoming counter culture again. We need another revival on the scale of the Jesus movement or great awakings.

Agreed. And that is God's intention for government. I can either vote for God's purposes for government or vote against it.

Hyperbole. Trump has used that form of speach for a long time. Don't confuse hyperbole with literalism.

Israel certainly sees him as Cyrus. BTW, Cyrus had a heart for God's people but I don't think he was actually saved. Maybe he was.

Amen! He gave us Trump to expose the deep corruption in this country. If the other party had won, we would have been toast and I think you know that.

Oh... my mistake. You are right. I was quoting an article and I confused this thread with another thread. My apologies.

I think it is clear as day about the corruption. The FISA courts were lied to. The IRS was certainly corrupt and it was covered up. They went after the Tea Party in spades after 2010 and starved them of money. It likely impacted the election. The biggest downfall of congress going to the democrats is it limits the ability to investigate the DOJ, FBI, CIA, etc. Trump was right about being spied on during the election. That much we already know for sure.
    I do know what hyperbole is ... and if ... if ... it was hyperbole ... it comes across to me as very arrogant ...

No one is worshipping Trump ... are you sure about this ...

and not all of Israel certainly sees him as Cyrus ...

and no I don't know that if the other party had of won we would have been "toast" ... maybe being "toast" is saying one of two people is God's choice when neither one is ...

I do know what hyperbole is ... and if ... if ... it was hyperbole ... it comes across to me as very arrogant ...

and no I don't know that if the other party had of won we would have been "toast" ... maybe being "toast" is saying one of two people is God's choice when neither one is ...

I see I forgot to do a preview to get rid of the duplicate post in one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Actually made me more sad than mad ... and yea not a joke ...

Oh he's arrogant in a lot of ways. It was hyperbole. But not as arrogant as something like "today, the oceans will recede because of me".

No one that I know. It seemed there was far more worship of our previous president than I had ever witnessed in my life before. Bar none. Being happy that the attack of the left is being stymied and rejoicing over the safety that God chose to temporarily provide through this president is not worship. Many, MANY of us believers (80% of evangelicals) rejoice and thank God daily because we saw what would have been had He allowed Clinton to win.

Israel made the coin. They saw 70 years from their existance as a nation, a leader recognized their capital by building a building that belonged in the capital. And compared that with Cyrus who 70 years after captivity, wanted to build a building in the capital of Israel that belonged there.

No doubt God raised up President Trump to show us what we have become in the FBI, IRS, etc. He is a reprieve before the truly reprobates take over. As a nation, we are already being judged. That's why we see what we see, including God's allowance of our last two presidents.

This president has appointed two justices that have voted pro life and for religious liberty. The other side hates Jesus and hates religious liberty and kills innocent babies. They don't go into Muslim bakeries to see if they will participate in an abomination. They boycott NC over a bathroom law while doing business in Iran, a country that kills h*m*s*xuals. So yea... if choosing between someone who at least acknowledges God and His role, over those that are completely reprobate, and resist Him with a mighty hatred, there's only once choice.

You asked if I saw two men fighting... which would I root for? Well, if one was an adulterer and theif, but was fighting to protect me, and the other was a murderer of babies and was intent on coming after me, it is clear that I would root for the adulturer.
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    That's how I feel when I read about abortion, and Christians being forced to choose between their business and participating in an abomination, or being forced to provide abortions or birth control to their employees regardless of their sincerely held beliefs and desires to worship God in all that they do, including their work, business, charties, etc.

That's how I feel when I read about abortion, and Christians being forced to choose between their business and participating in an abomination, or being forced to provide abortions or birth control to their employees regardless of their sincerely held beliefs and desires to worship God in all that they do, including their work, business, charties, etc.
    It's amazing that many Christians on this site are in more of an uproar over Donald Trump's behavior and the fact that other Christians are grateful for the many things he has exposed / denied than Barack Obama's flat out wickedness and attempts to lead America off the same cliff Europe has been led over.

It's amazing that many Christians on this site are in more of an uproar over Donald Trump's behavior and the fact that other Christians are grateful for the many things he has exposed / denied than Barack Obama's flat out wickedness and attempts to lead America off the same cliff Europe has been led over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post

I think there are about 12 Christians left on this site, 8 of which are confined to the ETC forum.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Just finished "The Russia Hoax," by Gregg Jarrett. It's a book that Sean Hannity on Fox pushed often. Well worth the read!

Thread Information