Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Oh he's arrogant in a lot of ways. It was hyperbole. But not as arrogant as something like "today, the oceans will recede because of me".
    Whey would you put that in quotes ... ??? ... what he said was "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" ...

And here is the context ...

"The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America."

I am addressing this separately because misquoting someone I think is very serious ... do you realize you misquoted? And do you really find that more arrogant than this ... video is of Trump making remarks bragging about how he has the most loyal people and could shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any voter ... oh and this touches on my comments about him being "worshipped" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMmiLWDpCno
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Israel made the coin. They saw 70 years from their existance as a nation, a leader recognized their capital by building a building that belonged in the capital. And compared that with Cyrus who 70 years after captivity, wanted to build a building in the capital of Israel that belonged there.
    The nation of Israel didn't make the coin as far as I see ... an organization in Israel made a "coin" to sell ... it has no monetary value as it was not issued by the Israel Government ... but a private organizartion ...

Just like Jim Baker (remember him) has teamed up with Wallnau (do you know him) and have another one that is in English that they are selling ...

No doubt God raised up President Trump to show us what we have become in the FBI, IRS, etc.
    So this isn't your opinion ... it is a FACT ???

That's how I feel when I read about abortion, and Christians being forced to choose between their business and participating in an abomination, or being forced to provide abortions or birth control to their employees regardless of their sincerely held beliefs and desires to worship God in all that they do, including their work, business, charties, etc.
    I think there is a difference between saying people in certain businesses have to do certain things ... and saying as a fact that God has chosen Trump as a Cyrus. Christians can do as Christians have done through the ages and chose between their businesses and participating in what they thought was wrong. Christian's sacrifices ... like sacrificing their business/income (and yes I have personally done this ... so I am not just talking hypothetically) ... have through the ages made big statements and changed lives. Chistians many times have actually sacrificed their lives. But you seem to be saying that it is ok and even good for a Christian to want it all and prefer not to have to sacrifice ANYTHING ... but is that what scripture says about being a Christian ???

When one says God has chosen Trump as a Cyrus ... they are presuming to speak for God ... there should at least be a "maybe" in there ... if not what has God 'TOLD' you/them this ????

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    It's amazing that many Christians on this site are in more of an uproar over Donald Trump's behavior and the fact that other Christians are grateful for the many things he has exposed / denied than Barack Obama's flat out wickedness and attempts to lead America off the same cliff Europe has been led over.
    Did Christians come on this site and say Obama was chosen and annointed by God to lead this country??? I don't think they did ...

And do you live in Europe??? Do you know what it is like in Europe???

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I think there is a difference between saying people in certain businesses have to do certain things ... and saying as a fact that God has chosen Trump as a Cyrus. Christians can do as Christians have done through the ages and chose between their businesses and participating in what they thought was wrong. Christian's sacrifices ... like sacrificing their business/income (and yes I have personally done this ... so I am not just talking hypothetically) ... have through the ages made big statements and changed lives. Chistians many times have actually sacrificed their lives. But you seem to be saying that it is ok and even good for a Christian to want it all and prefer not to have to sacrifice ANYTHING ... but is that what scripture says about being a Christian ???

When one says God has chosen Trump as a Cyrus ... they are presuming to speak for God ... there should at least be a "maybe" in there ... if not what has God 'TOLD' you/them this ????
    He is similar to Cyrus. And I do believe God has elevated Trump to give us one last chance as a nation to see where we are really headed.

Our country has been a rare occurance... for many years, Christianity and the culture walked hand in hand in this once great nation. But for most of history, Christianity was counter culture. We are fast approaching that time again. The Obama years were a begining of when the government is going to use it's power to go after believers. It is evident that this generation hates Jesus. That is why they pick CHristian bakers to pursue and not Muslim bakers. It is why companies will boycot NC over a bathroom law but then do business in Iran where they kill g*y people. They hate Jesus.

Christians and the nation at large can see how even the witches cursed Trump. Trump is friendly towards God's people as Cyrus was. That is the point. I think you take the Cyrus comparison as if they are the same and they are not. The Israeli businessmen made a coin because of the similarities. 70 years after bondage, Cyrus built a building in their homeland. 70 years after the start of their nation today, Trump built a building in the capital (that should have happened a LONG time ago) and now at least one other nation has as well. That is why they made the coin. I don't find it offensive at all.

To say Trump is a perfect fit as Cyrus is not what anyone is saying. What we are saying is that "The government is coming after us and it is going to continue to do so. God raised up Trump as a last line of protection for today." We are also saying "Watch and see what is happening. If you want your country to turn into a place where Christians are forced to choose, then there's one party to vote for. If you still value freedom to worship in all areas of your life, without government opposition, then there's only one party to vote for. And Trump has made the battle lines more clear than ever."

President Trump is a reprieve. Without revival the nation as a whole is toast. Our nation is barely recognizable anymore. Many of us believe Trump was raised up to expose all that is going on and to make it more clear than every.

Do I like the man? No I do not. Do I like his policies? Yes, a lot. Do I believe he is a like Cyrus? Yes, in that he is showing a kindness to believers after the last administration went after them in a big way. The previous administration even went after The Little Sisters of the Poor Catholic charty! It is an astounding thing what is happening in America today concerning believers. We are about to turn over our nation to people who hate Jesus and all that He stands for.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

DO you ignore the verse that says we should pray for times of peace? That we should desire to not to have to live in such conditions as you describe above?

And it's not just sacrificing income. If Obama would have had his way, Hobby Lobby would have either done evil, or been put out of business. That's not sacrificing some income, that is losing all income. And it is just the beginning. And you want me to wish for it? Why? Why wouldn't I vote against that? If we are government by the people and for the people, then I am part of the government and show that with my vote.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Did Christians come on this site and say Obama was chosen and annointed by God to lead this country??? I don't think they did ...
    God absolutely raised up Obama. We should take note of that. He is showing us what this country can be if we allow it to head in that direction. We've been warned.

I know this was written to someone else. I've been to Europe a good bit visiting friends and churches there. My hope and prayer is that the US never becomes like Europe.
    NASU

Did they not condemn abortion ? Did they not condemn gay marriage ?

Point being that whatever Donald Trump is guilty of , He is not guilty of promoting abominations under the blanket of equality or a woman's choice. He also has exposed the deep state like no one else has ever been able to do. There are PLENTY of positives to his Presidency.

Also, show me a post where Christians ON THIS SITE have exalted Trump in a sinful manor. That doesn't exist.

By the way, where do you stand concerning a woman's choice ? Gay marriage ?

So this isn't your opinion ... it is a FACT ???
    God put Trump / Obama / and every other principality and power on earth where they are. Does the bible not say this ?

And , it is a fact that Trump has exposed the deep state. So by default, yes. It is a fact.

The nation of Israel didn't make the coin as far as I see ... an organization in Israel made a "coin" to sell ... it has no monetary value as it was not issued by the Israel Government ... but a private organizartion ...
    I didn't mean the nation Israel, as in goverment. America invented the car. But that doesn't mean the government did it. America was the birthplace of flight. That doesn't mean that the nation invented it. Sigh. I'll rephrase... Israelis came up with the coin because they saw similarities between Trump and Cyrus.
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Did they not condemn abortion ? Did they not condemn gay marriage ?

Point being that whatever Donald Trump is guilty of , He is not guilty of promoting abominations under the blanket of equality or a woman's choice. He also has exposed the deep state like no one else has ever been able to do. There are PLENTY of positives to his Presidency.

Also, show me a post where Christians ON THIS SITE have exalted Trump in a sinful manor. That doesn't exist.

By the way, where do you stand concerning a woman's choice ? Gay marriage ?
    Don't you read my posts even in this thread ... I said I want abortion to be illegal even in the case of rape or incest ... and Gay marriage in other threads I have said FIRST marriage isn't something "civil" it is done by God ... and no civil government replaces God ... so why do we give the government the authority to "control" marriage ... and any marriage by the government is a "civil" matter not a religious one ... so civil gay "marriage" ... is about like civil non gay "marriage" it is an act of the government and not an act of God ...

I didn't mean the nation Israel, as in goverment. America invented the car. But that doesn't mean the government did it. America was the birthplace of flight. That doesn't mean that the nation invented it. Sigh. I'll rephrase... Israelis came up with the coin because they saw similarities between Trump and Cyrus.
    Maybe that isn't what you meant ... but it is what you said ... and well Yea and Jim Baker also saw the similarities and decided to "profit" from it like those Israelis ...

Whey would you put that in quotes ... ??? ... what he said was "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal" ...

And here is the context ...

"The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America."

I am addressing this separately because misquoting someone I think is very serious ... do you realize you misquoted? And do you really find that more arrogant than this ... video is of Trump making remarks bragging about how he has the most loyal people and could shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any voter ... oh and this touches on my comments about him being "worshipped" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMmiLWDpCno
    My quote was close enough. You are nitpicking far too much. The gist of my quote was accurate even if the verbage wasn't identical. I didn't take time to look it up to get it 100% accurate as a quote.
    NASU

Maybe that isn't what you meant ... but it is what you said ... and well Yea and Jim Baker also saw the similarities and decided to "profit" from it like those Israelis ...
    Alright brother. God bless. I think you see what you want to see and just want to nitpik. What I said was accurate just as I explained above. Israel made the coins. Not American believers.
    NASU

Thread Information