Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 157

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    Saying that there is NO DOUBT THAT TRUMP IS A CYRUS ... I would say is sinful unless GOD TOLD YOU SO ...

    AND don't you read my posts even in this thread ... I said I want abortion to be illegal even in the case of rape or incest ... and Gay marriage in other threads I have said FIRST marriage isn't something "civil" it is done by God ... and no civil government replaces God ... so why do we give the government the authority to "control" marriage ... and any marriage by the government is a "civil" matter not a religious one ... so civil gay "marriage" ... is about like civil non gay "marriage" it is an act of the government and not an act of God ...
    I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Trump is like a Cyrus. If people choose to hold that view, then it's their opinion, I don't think it's sinful , but that is me.

    Concerning your answers to the question - I see you denounce abortion.

    for the record I said gay marriage - not civil union - and I don't see you denouncing it. Is homosexuality a sin ? Again - not being presumptive , just asking.

    I have not read every post in this thread. You are right. I questioned you... I was not being presumptive but actually wanted to know.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    DO you ignore the verse that says we should pray for times of peace? That we should desire to not to have to live in such conditions as you describe above?

    And it's not just sacrificing income. If Obama would have had his way, Hobby Lobby would have either done evil, or been put out of business. That's not sacrificing some income, that is losing all income. And it is just the beginning. And you want me to wish for it? Why? Why wouldn't I vote against that? If we are government by the people and for the people, then I am part of the government and show that with my vote.
    I have lost all income before for doing what I think was the "Godly" thing to do ... and well like I said earlier in the thread ... should Christians vote for the less of two evils ... did Jesus decide to side with the Pharisees or the Sadducee because he decided one was less evil than the other ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Trump is like a Cyrus. If people choose to hold that view, then it's their opinion, I don't think it's sinful , but that is me.

    Concerning your answers to the question - I see you denounce abortion.

    for the record I said gay marriage - not civil union - and I don't see you denouncing it. Is homosexuality a sin ? Again - not being presumptive , just asking.

    I have not read every post in this thread. You are right. I questioned you... I was not being presumptive but actually wanted to know.
    For the record ... the big debate is about civil gay marriage (union) ... so why are so many Christians so wrapped up in that???

    And yes homosexuality is a sin (falls short of what God intended) ... and so is a lot of other things ... but seems that a lot of Christians want to be so concerned about this sin and not others ... adultery without cause is a sin ... why do we allow this by the civil government and not go up in arms about it ... why do Christians not go crazy about laws that allow divorce without cause to take place ???
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    For the record ... the big debate is about civil gay marriage (union) ... so why are so many Christians so wrapped up in that???

    And yes homosexuality is a sin (falls short of what God intended) ... and so is a lot of other things ... but seems that a lot of Christians want to be so concerned about this sin and not others ... adultery without cause is a sin ... why do we allow this by the civil government and not go up in arms about it ... why do Christians not go crazy about laws that allow divorce without cause to take place ???
    Why ? Because that's a major reason people hate any political right leaning candidate , even Christians.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Alright brother. God bless. I think you see what you want to see and just want to nitpik. What I said was accurate just as I explained above. Israel made the coins. Not American believers.
    First I am a sister ... and second ... it was not Israel that made the coins it was certain Israelis and certain Americans namely Jim Baker (remember him) has teamed up with Wallnau (do you know him) and they made these coins to sell and profit off ... And well I could say I think you see what you want to see ... I think that is pretty much true of all of us ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Why ? Because that's a major reason people hate any political right leaning candidate , even Christians.
    ??? I am not following this ... I don't understand your point ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    DO you ignore the verse that says we should pray for times of peace? That we should desire to not to have to live in such conditions as you describe above?
    And to address this ... peace yes ... "false" peace no ... so you think it is a time of peace and safety ??? I do not say these are the times of peace and safety even though this is how you tend to describe these times ... and I am glad I don't because ...

    1 Thessalonians 5:3

    When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    My quote was close enough. You are nitpicking far too much. The gist of my quote was accurate even if the verbage wasn't identical. I didn't take time to look it up to get it 100% accurate as a quote.
    No it wasn't close enough ... but you think so ... he wasn't "ME ME ME" like Trump was/is ... but yea we all see what we want to see ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Trump is like a Cyrus. If people choose to hold that view, then it's their opinion, I don't think it's sinful , but that is me.
    I took that out but since you reposted it ... when you put it forward as a fact and not an opinion ... well that seems to me to be sinful ... or you think God is ok with people putting opinions forward as FACTS ... ???
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    God absolutely raised up Obama. We should take note of that. He is showing us what this country can be if we allow it to head in that direction. We've been warned.
    Yes God puts every one in the position they are in ... and it is our OPINION about why ... well unless you know you speak for God and can tell us all why???



    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I know this was written to someone else. I've been to Europe a good bit visiting friends and churches there. My hope and prayer is that the US never becomes like Europe.
    Ok I lived in the USA for 40 years and Europe for 20 ... so what is so horrible about Europe now and so wonderful about USA???
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I took that out but since you reposted it ... when you put it forward as a fact and not an opinion ... well that seems to me to be sinful ... or you think God is ok with people putting opinions forward as FACTS ... ???
    Kind of like what "seems" to be sinful for you, makes it o.k. to judge others as sinning ? See how that works ?

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    President Trump is a reprieve. Without revival the nation as a whole is toast. Our nation is barely recognizable anymore. Many of us believe Trump was raised up to expose all that is going on and to make it more clear than every.
    Again not to be as you say too nit picky ... But Scripture says it is those who say it is a time of peace and safety that are destroyed and find no way to escape ... now if this is that time spoken of by Scripture ... well ... I guess we will have to wait and see ... or might would be good to pray to God that He reveals it to us ...

    1 Thessalonians 5:3

    When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Kind of like what "seems" to be sinful for you, makes it o.k. to judge others as sinning ? See how that works ?
    Yea I see how that works ... I see the difference between stating a fact and stating an opinion and yea I am nit picky to try to do that ... and I was being generous when I used the word "seems" ...

    Now can you answer me something ... Is putting something forward as a fact and not an opinion ... a sin, if you don't know it to be a fact?
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won&quo

    And again ... I don't vote for Democrats ... the only major party candidates I have ever voted for were Republicans ... so just to make that clear ... and I don't expect perfection ... but question is how low are you willing to go ... maybe that is what God is trying to point out ... notice I said MAYBE ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    6,465

    Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

    And seems to me ... here I am being serious and not generous ... that there have been a lot of these "how low will you go tests" lately ... but that is JUST MY OPINION ...
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trump in China - "Press for religious freedom, Mr. President."
    By L'Ange in forum Prayer for the Persecuted Church
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 8th 2017, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 13th 2016, 06:39 PM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: Sep 6th 2013, 05:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •