Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

There are biblical characters I would in MY OPINION compare Trump to ... but not Cyrus ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Blog Entries

I think that Christians and even those who just claim Christ with their lips "won." I agree with most of his policies, not all but most, and think he should get a second term.
    He's shown the Republican party and voter base that people are sick and tired of the same old same old DC double talk, only pat you on the back to find a safe place to put the knife that they've engaged in for far too long.
    He's reminded us that it's in God we trust and not fallen man and that if we don't defend and protect our Christian heritage and traditions while still being tolerant of others all tolerance will cease.

He's also been able to bring out the real thoughts and plans of top Dems and where they want to take this country. And where they want to take us is a very, very scary place.

It's either the land of the free and the home of the brave or it's the land of conform or be cast out. Take your pick.

I also think that comparisons of Trump and Cyrus the Great are downright ridiculous. It's so overboard I'd think it was a joke but some have truly bought in to it and I find that scary as well.
    Yes, I've read all of the reasoning of why some claim that a comparison is justified but I disagree for what should be very obvious reasons. I'm sorry if that offends some of my friends here but I had to say it.

Yes. Christians bet on Trump and have won.
    No. Trump isn't a modern day Cyrus. He's conquered no other nations and actually wants us to stop meddling so much in others people's affairs and try to get along with them while we get our own house in order.
    That's Big League ( Bigly? ) difference on just one point but it's a huge one.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Is that a fact or your opinion?
    Yes. And if the facts don't support it , then show me my error as I asked you to identify the culprit. IF not , then stop.

??? I didn't see that Cyrus was mired in sin ... just that he wasn't an Israelite ... I think he was mostly like Cornelius if I had to make a comparison to another biblical character, both being God fearing men and God spoke to both of them ... and well for the life of me ... it is my opinion that Trump is not like either of them ...
    He was a pagan king. Pagan..... King. Do the facts support your opinion that he was not mired in sin ? See how petty that sounds ? For the record, the bible is silent on the matter as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    Yea ... so it is your opinion that I am "beating the air to save face" and your command to me to stop doing it is just what ??? you "beating the air" ???
    I think you are nitpicking people who align closer to your beliefs than you realize. Yeah. My opinion.

There are biblical characters I would in MY OPINION compare Trump to ... but not Cyrus ...
    And you have that right to express said opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Yes. And if the facts don't support it , then show me my error as I asked you to identify the culprit. IF not , then stop.
    I already did this ... saying I am firm in my opinion that xyz is different than saying there is no doubt xyz ...

He was a pagan king. Pagan..... King. Do the facts support your opinion that he was not mired in sin ? See how petty that sounds ? For the record, the bible is silent on the matter as far as I can see.
    All who were not Israeli were "pagan" ... Cornelius was "pagan" ... Scripture gives lots of information on Cyrus and none of it is anything about him being mired in sin ... so I said I didn't see that Cyrus was mired in sin ... is that not a fact ... ??? do you see that he was mired in sin ??? Seems to me the facts we are aware of support my opinion BUT it is still only an opinion ... because well there may be facts we are not aware of ... it is however a fact that Scripture does not detail Cyrus being mired in sin ... and that is what I said ...

I think you are nitpicking people who align closer to your beliefs than you realize. Yeah. My opinion.
    On some things yes on other things no ... but yes one thing I am very nit picky about is people putting forth opinions as fact ... so when it is an opinion it would be good for people to say things like "I think" or "My opinion" or "I see it like this" ... and well that has been a little pet peeve of mine for over a decade on this forum ...

I already did this ... saying I am firm in my opinion that xyz is different than saying there is no doubt xyz ...

All who were not Israeli were "pagan" ... Cornelius was "pagan" ... Scripture gives lots of information on Cyrus and none of it is anything about him being mired in sin ... so I said I didn't see that Cyrus was mired in sin ... is that not a fact ... ??? do you see that he was mired in sin ??? Seems to me the facts we are aware of support my opinion BUT it is still only an opinion ... because well there may be facts we are not aware of ... it is however a fact that Scripture does not detail Cyrus being mired in sin ... and that is what I said ...

On some things yes on other things no ... but yes one thing I am very nit picky about is people putting forth opinions as fact ... so when it is an opinion it would be good for people to say things like "I think" or "My opinion" or "I see it like this" ... and well that has been a little pet peeve of mine for over a decade on this forum ...
    I know... I have my own pet peeves too. But ( my opinion ) I don't believe we are as far apart on the matter as we may think we are. I don't believe that anyone HERE is exalting Trump as some sort of Messiah, but instead thankful for the bleeding to stop, albeit temporarily.

I know... I have my own pet peeves too. But ( my opinion ) I don't believe we are as far apart on the matter as we may think we are. I don't believe that anyone HERE is exalting Trump as some sort of Messiah, but instead thankful for the bleeding to stop, albeit temporarily.
    I never said anyone HERE is exalting Trump as some sort of Messiah ... (even though I have seen others not here do it) ... I have been saying what I have been saying and I have tried to be very careful in my words ...

Oh and well a lot we are close on ... but you thinking Trump is a Cyrus and me thinking Trump is a Pharaoh ... well ... big difference there ... but I don't really sweat it cuz well God is in control ...

I never said anyone HERE is exalting Trump as some sort of Messiah ... (even though I have seen others not here do it) ... I have been saying what I have been saying and I have tried to be very careful in my words ...
    I would certainly agree that others away from here have done exactly that.

Oh and well a lot we are close on ... but you thinking Trump is a Cyrus and me thinking Trump is a Pharaoh ... well ... big difference there ... but I don't really sweat it cuz well God is in control ...
    I don't think Trump is Cyrus. I said for those who make that comparison in a general sense are entitled to do so if they like. I don't comment , and I don't agree, but I also can attempt to see the comparison from their point of view ( again in a general sense ) so long as they aren't off the reservation loco about the comparison. In which case I agree with you wholeheartedly. They are flat out wrong.

I don't think Trump is Cyrus. I said for those who make that comparison in a general sense are entitled to do so if they like. I don't comment , and I don't agree, but I also can attempt to see the comparison from their point of view ( again in a general sense ) so long as they aren't off the reservation loco about the comparison. In which case I agree with you wholeheartedly. They are flat out wrong.
    I didn't say "thinking Trump is Cyrus" ... I said "thinking Trump is a Cyrus" ... yea being nit picky again ...

My point there was though that many believe he is "like a Cyrus" here ... and I think you do also ... and I think he is "like a Pharaoh" ... and there is a big difference between the two ... even though through both of them the Israelis went "home" ... but well that is the end of the comparison I think ... would be a good conversation I think to discuss these two "alternatives" ...

I didn't say "thinking Trump is Cyrus" ... I said "thinking Trump is a Cyrus" ... yea being nit picky again ...

My point there was though that many believe he is "like a Cyrus" here ... and I think you do also ... and I think he is "like a Pharaoh" ... and there is a big difference between the two ... even though through both of them the Israelis went "home" ... but well that is the end of the comparison I think ... would be a good conversation I think to discuss these two "alternatives" ...
    I don't think he's a Cyrus. To me the jury is still out. But time will tell if he's a Pharaoh or a Cyrus.

I don't think he's a Cyrus. To me the jury is still out. But time will tell if he's a Pharaoh or a Cyrus.
    Yes time will tell ... and well I think it was important for the Israelis to understand what they were dealing with ... for Cyrus and for Pharaoh ...

and well for this time Trump ... if he is a Pharaoh and one thinks he is a Cyrus I think there will be consequences and if one thinks he is a Cyrus and he is a Pharaoh I think there will also be consequences ... ... and maybe even consequences for having "the jury still out" ...

Yes time will tell ... and well I think it was important for the Israelis to understand what they were dealing with ... for Cyrus and for Pharaoh ...

and well for this time Trump ... if he is a Pharaoh and one thinks he is a Cyrus I think there will be consequences and if one thinks he is a Cyrus and he is a Pharaoh I think there will also be consequences ...
    I see what you did there

And if one thinks he's a Pharaoh and he ends up a Cyrus ? What happens then ?

I see what you did there

And if one thinks he's a Pharaoh and he ends up a Cyrus ? What happens then ?
    Maybe reread ... I put both forward immediately ... and THEN edited to even put undecided forward ...

Maybe reread ... I put both forward immediately ... and THEN edited to even put undecided forward ...
    Or am I missing the "I see what you did"??? Only think I could think of is you think I only put one forward and not the other ... but I could be wrong in that ... I have to say I am a bit confused ...

Thread Information