Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

"Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

This article does a reasonable job of partly explaining why Trump has so much support from the Christian community in the USA.

https://spectator.org/christians-bet-on-trump-and-won/

In 2016, critics of Trump warned his Christians supporters that as president he would revert to his secularist New York roots. He hasn’t. The confidence the religious right placed in him has been largely vindicated. He has turned out to be the most reliable defender of religious freedom since Ronald Reagan.Barack Obama had spent his presidency marginalizing Christians in his quest to “fundamentally transform” the country. Had Hillary won, she would have intensified that assault. Trump has given Christians some breathing room in the culture war, as evident in his remarks during last week’s National Prayer Breakfast. He made a point of defending the Vice President’s wife, Karen Pence, who has been attacked for simply teaching at a Christian school blacklisted by the LGBT movement.
    Trump also spoke strongly in defense of the pro-life movement. “All children, born and unborn, are made in the holy image of God. Every life is sacred and every soul is a precious gift from heaven,” he said. “I will never let you down. I can say that. Never.” The frequency with which Trump speaks on abortion has rankled the media, which had hoped he would go soft on the issue like other moderate-leaning Republicans. Instead, Trump speaks about it directly and without apology. He devoted an important passage of his State of the Union address to the subject: “Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world.”
    Trump shows far more reverence for the basic tenets of Judeo-Christian culture than those who have cast him as the callous, amoral plutocrat. His common sense and patriotism lead him to show a respect for America’s theistic traditions and he recognizes that America’s decline is tied to straying from them. He speaks about God in an uncomplicated manner, with far less hedging than modern churchmen. To Trump, it is obvious that rights come not from government but from God. The whole secularist project, consequently, makes no sense to him and he has no qualms about letting Christians live on their own terms without government harassment.

Obama imposed a contraceptive mandate on Christians; Trump has lifted it. One of his finer moments was inviting the Little Sisters of the Poor to the Rose Garden to assure them that their “long ordeal was over.” Only the Obama administration could have been secularist enough to get into a lawsuit with the Little Sisters of the Poor.
    Under Obama, the Justice Department and Health and Human Services routinely harassed the religious. Now those agencies have adopted specific policies to protect them. “The sun is shining right now in America when it comes to our First Amendment freedoms,” Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council has said.
    The State Department has also undergone a major transformation. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had brought in the NARAL crowd to push abortion rights around the world. Now social conservatives like Sam Brownback work there. Yet the media still pretends not to understand why the religious right supports Trump. Articles continue to pour forth about the impropriety of the alliance. But it reflects the prudence of conservative Christians, who see in Trump an obvious protector. Since when has imprudence been a virtue? Why are Christians obligated to surrender to the other side? They shrewdly placed their bet on Trump and won. Had they placed it elsewhere, they would be in Hillary’s crosshairs at the moment.
    Many Republicans, supposedly far more “respectable” than Trump, turned out to be unreliable defenders of the religious right and would often subject Christians to lectures about “adjusting to the times.” Trump has refrained from that kind of brow-beating. He doesn’t join the PC mob in calling them “intolerant.”
    His most enduring contribution to the defense of religious freedom is likely to come in the form of an improved judiciary, upon which he has placed a significant number of originalists. This last week on the Supreme Court we saw a Bush appointee, John Roberts, vote to block a pro-life Louisiana law while Trump’s appointees, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, voted to let it go forward — a reminder of why the religious right lost any confidence in the establishment GOP and was willing to give Trump a chance.
    The secularist forces continue to gather strength around the country, but Trump has undeniably bought Christians some time. They needed a Constantine and he emerged as one.

I consider Trump more like Cyrus than Constantine. I am not sure that folks in other nations appreciate the spiritual battle going on in the USA right now. Trump is a Godsend.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

I can't vote for anyone who lobbies for the public institutionalization of sin and depravity.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I can't vote for anyone who lobbies for the public institutionalization of sin and depravity.
    Truth! ....................
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I vote for the lesser of two evils all the time, but Trump was the best I've seen.in a long time.

Blog Entries

Someone said that he was the best since Abraham Lincoln.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I consider Trump more like Cyrus than Constantine. I am not sure that folks in other nations appreciate the spiritual battle going on in the USA right now. Trump is a Godsend.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    And based on this spiritual battle, presently I will be voting for his reelection.

Blog Entries

The democrats don't want to represent citizens of our federation of states. They want to lord over subjects contained in a nation-state. That is why they don't see migrants who illegally cross our border as any different than a naturally born American. They see us all as subjects.

I'm not sure who wants to be a subject, but anyone who wants to sample the concept, visit Venezuela.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Spot on and if anyone disagrees , then just subscribe to A.O.C.'s twitter feed and you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post

I consider Trump more like Cyrus than Constantine. I am not sure that folks in other nations appreciate the spiritual battle going on in the USA right now. Trump is a Godsend.
    It looks like it's a winning battle from where I am, yet would a change lead to a spiral?

I just have a casual interest in other countries politics, it's more of a fascination at the degeneration of society around the world, yet if I ignore the media about Trump for he seems to be misrepresented he seems to be doing what he should be doing, he seems to be keeping his word or trying to keep all his election promises, He's putting his country first, while this may mean financial lost for me personally in regards to his foreign trade policies, I can see the merit in it. He's being constantly character assassinated yet he's being proven innocent, ie coercion with Russia, the accusers should have their tail between their legs but instead they think it's the loudest wins so they keep at it like little terriers nipping at the ankles.

I'm beginning to have more than just a dislike for modern media and their biased reporting worldwide.

So it seems the economy can only boost, good stance concerning mideast/asian despots, immorality at the corporate level will be checked for a bit (I don't think anyone can stop it) Looks like he will be re-elected but enjoy it while it lasts.

I might just have to move there, what state has the most wilderness and isolation :-)

I've more observations, but just giving my outside perspective from an uneducated, ignorant of Amercan politics viewpoint.

But what are Christians winning?
    Satisfaction that life is getting good for them...while the needs of humanity are not being adequately met?
    Political strength to right wrongs...while offending those who are feeling wronged?
    America is experiencing an anxiety disorder: The sheep and the goats are rumbling instead of
    strolling beside the still waters.

Quote Originally Posted by henrychills View Post
    But what are Christians winning?
    Satisfaction that life is getting good for them...while the needs of humanity are not being adequately met?
    Wait, what? if the economy is better does that not mean needs of others can be met easier.

Wouldn't the converse be if life was worse for them the needs of humanity will be met?

Political strength to right wrongs...while offending those who are feeling wronged?
    America is experiencing an anxiety disorder: The sheep and the goats are rumbling instead of
    strolling beside the still waters.
    Who in your opinion needs to change to walk in peace the sheep or the goats?

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    Wait, what? if the economy is better does that not mean needs of others can be met easier.
    Is the economy improved because the rich are taking advantage of the poor or because everyone now has a living wage?
    And are you talking about "America's economy" or the global economy being better?
    Since most of the world does not live in America, are you saying that
    America is making the world's economy better for people surviving with their families on $2/day?

Wouldn't the converse be if life was worse for them the needs of humanity will be met?

That depends on who Jesus is coming for when He divides the goats from the sheep.

Do you believe that He will come to take the sheep or the goats to glory?

If Christians bet on Trump and won, are they winning souls for God's kingdom or
    are they winning the right to tear down their barns and build bigger barns?

It is possible to be so heavenly minded that we are of no earthly good!
    And since coins have two sides:
    It is also possible to be so earthly minded that we are of no heavenly good!

Do you remember the slogan: "It's the economy stupid!"
    Was it Jesus who said that?

I see a paradox between Christians winning with Trump (the crown of glory that Christ offers)

Rhetoric aside: What is it that Christians should be striving to win?

Is the economy improved because the rich are taking advantage of the poor or because everyone now has a living wage?
    And are you talking about "America's economy" or the global economy being better?
    America is making the world's economy better for people surviving with their families on $2/day?

That depends on who Jesus is coming for when He divides the goats from the sheep.

I see a paradox between Christians winning with Trump (the crown of glory that Christ offers)

Im talking about Americas economy and the effects of Trump, The rich will take advantage of the poor if the economy is improving or getting worse.
    Also im more interested in money per capita which if the facts are correct creating more jobs, which equals less poverty for you guys.

The world economy is bust, Americas fiscal policies has virtually no effect directly, large effect indirectly, but if a man is wealthy can he not in a better position to help out his brother?

If the sheeps role is to appease the goats, then souls won will be few, The rich need to handle their money wisely in a favourable or unfavourable economy for they will be called to account.

True

Ive never heard that slogan before , past president? For sure, the root of all evil is Money

From a heavenly perspective I see that too, but that wouldn't change no matter who was president and again from far away, Trumps actions all seem to be good. A good litmus test is how he regards Israel and biblical morality.
    Of course, but are you saying it would be easier to win without Trump as president?

Ive never heard that slogan before , past president? For sure, the root of all evil is Money
    You guessed right. "It's the money stupid' was Bill Clinton vs GHW Bush
    It looks like history is repeating
    the promise of $$ is skewing what American Christians should be about

Trumps actions all seem to be good. A good litmus test is how he regards Israel and biblical morality.
    Of course, but are you saying it would be easier to win without Trump as president?
    That depends on what you want to win??
    The song is Take the World, but give me Jesus!
    Trump is offering the world.
    It is such a shallow offer
    Looks great while he is in a position of power
    but when he falls from grace, the tide will turn
    And (IMHO) President Pence will not have the ability to pick up the pieces
    and fix the mess that he is going to be handed (before 2020 as I read Bible prophecy)

Trumps actions all seem to be good. A good litmus test is how he regards Israel and biblical morality.
    and fix the mess that he is going to be handed (before 2020 as I read Bible prophecy)

From a Christian viewpoint I think we lose no matter what, from a secular point of view I view America as someone who stands for freedom and liberty, and again view them as a bodyguard of these precious commodities.

I just cant help but cringe when leaders or governments do the wrong thing and lessen these yet rejoice a little when they do the right thing.

I admit I could have it all wrong in regards to trump, I don't follow American politics, except by looking at a few statistics and international outcomes, like employment rates at the highest, Jerusalem recognised as Israels capital, which every country is allowed to appoint their own capital city, Looking at the border control issues, I thought was Obamas idea to get stricter in the first place. So when Trump agrees with it, an irrational anti Trump campaign means you have to now oppose it, Im of the view if a bad leader does the right thing, then support it?

Even though I may have Trump all wrong, and am looking at it to much from a worldly perspective, are you not then being a little hypocritical (I cant think of a nicer way to say it) by saying another leader or government will then fix the mess and make things right? I mean is this not to high an expectation for anyone to fix the world especially if we sing, take the world but give me Jesus?

Thread Information