Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Re: "Christians Bet on Trump and Won"

Quote Originally Posted by henrychills View Post
    Yes wasting our time exalting Trump will be considered in the judgment.
    Who is exalting Trump ? People are giving thanks for God giving a leader who stands against wickedness and what is right. Is he perfect ? No. Are people worshiping him here ? No. Are you participating in the conversation that isn't going your way ? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by henrychills View Post
    Yes wasting our time exalting Trump will be considered in the judgment.
    Who is exalting Trump ? People are giving thanks for God giving a leader who stands against wickedness and what is right. Is he perfect ? No. Are people worshiping him here ? No. Are you participating in the conversation that isn't going your way ? Yes.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    There will come a time when the left is set free to set their godless agenda upon the nations. Thankfully, that time has been delayed yet again. It was delayed, not with a perfect man, but with one who sympathizes with believers. I thank God for where we are today because it is a different and better place than where we were most certainly headed.
    I truly believe that what Paul is led to write in Romans 1, and how liberals and the "left" are concerning their "choice" of evil and also how they want to push their choice of evil upon others... we are seeing what the "delusion" is all about.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Paul also warns that some will persecute believers thinking they do God a favor. Intentions matter, but so do bad actions with good intentions. I don't think it is enough to have good intentions but we also need right actions. IOW, we can confuse love of God and fellow man with a "love" that is not Godly in origin, but human. Don't you think?
    Sure, but a bad action could include supporting one evil over another rather than abstaining from the world and evil altogether. What I'm saying is that none of these "Christianese philosophies" actually apply to politics except when it relates to an individual's personal conscience. "Submit to governing authorities" applied to pagan Rome, which was far worse than any US party being in power. "Pray for those in authority" applied to pagan Rome, "In the world but not of it," "Sojourners and exiles," etc. Nothing in the Bible gives me any indication we should be so concerned with politics as to somehow connect it to our very worship of God.

Paul also warns that some will persecute believers thinking they do God a favor. Intentions matter, but so do bad actions with good intentions. I don't think it is enough to have good intentions but we also need right actions. IOW, we can confuse love of God and fellow man with a "love" that is not Godly in origin, but human. Don't you think?
    Sure, but a bad action could include supporting one evil over another rather than abstaining from the world and evil altogether. What I'm saying is that none of these "Christianese philosophies" actually apply to politics except when it relates to an individual's personal conscience. "Submit to governing authorities" applied to pagan Rome, which was far worse than any US party being in power. "Pray for those in authority" applied to pagan Rome, "In the world but not of it," "Sojourners and exiles," etc. Nothing in the Bible gives me any indication we should be so concerned with politics as to somehow connect it to our very worship of God.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I don't think there's much wisdom in being overly concerned either way. We're sojourners in this world until Christ returns, so IMO the best perspective of the whole situation is like in 1 Timothy 2 where Paul just advises us to pray to live peaceful lives. This applies to Christians in any country including pagan Rome, which was far worse. But I agree with the core of what you're saying, no one will be asked who they voted for in the resurrection.

“Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    “Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
    This is a perfect quote because if the left wins, we will be exiled. That seems lost on a lot of people. The Christian baker in Colorado is still being harrased and persecuted. If the other side had won, he would probably be put out of business, for the Supreme Court would have been far different than it is today.

This is a perfect quote because if the left wins, we will be exiled. That seems lost on a lot of people. The Christian baker in Colorado is still being harrased and persecuted. If the other side had won, he would probably be put out of business, for the Supreme Court would have been far different than it is today.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Did pagan rome commit infaticide on the scale we have it today?

We will be held accountable for who we vote for as we are in all things that we do. Every idle word will be judged, including those we used when voting, or discussing politics.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by keck553
    Yes, similar to what Paul was saying in Romans 12, "If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone." But also importantly he adds, "Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.

Our seeking peace and wellbeing should never overshadow our trust in God and acknowledgement of His sovereignty. As you know, the purpose of Jeremiah's prophecies had very little to do with "how to live in Babylon" but everything to do with turning Israel's eyes to the Lord in submission to His purposes. It wasn't Israel's will to be lead into captivity or even to be lead out of it. Isaiah teaches:

All the nations are as nothing before Him; He regards them as nothingness and emptiness. To whom will you liken God? To what image will you compare Him? (Isaiah 40) and "Put no more trust in man, who has only the breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?" (Isaiah 2)

Obsessing over politics, especially in my case, was a form of putting trust in man rather than God. I overly concerned myself with back-and-forth positions on purely worldly issues, having nothing to do with growing in Christ or knowing the Lord. And additionally I was convicted that it was even a form of pride; putting myself in a place of power as if "my own arm can save," or avenge, or establish.

But in reading through Scripture, I could not justify my mentality with the overall theme in the OT and NT - which is that God has always been wholly sovereign over the world, and that Jesus's title King of Kings is not just nice-sounding poetry. He urges over and over not to put faith in worldly leaders. This was even the whole point behind throwing the king of Babylon into insanity.

He makes nations great, and destroys them; He enlarges nations, and sends them away. He deprives the earth’s leaders of reason, and makes them wander a trackless wasteland. (Job 12)

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. (Daniel 2)

Hence, seek first the kingdom of God.

Originally Posted by Brother Mark
    We will be held accountable for who we vote for as we are in all things that we do.
    Yes, we will be judged according to whether we trusted in ("bet on") man for our well-being in the land.

여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

[/I][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]Yes, we will be judged according to whether we trusted in ("bet on") man for our well-being in the land.[/INDENT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Including the words "Yes", "No" at the ballot box. For if we trust in God, we will vote for His ways most of wall. We are also judged for abstaining from speaking. Best to be on God's side and forget the entire idea of God "being on my side".

Jeremiah trusted in God, but was told, as Keck quoted, to pray for the enemy that would rule over them because of their own sin. That is the step American believers may have to take for our country is rejecting God and His values at an alarming rate. Revival can save us (i.e. revival = knowledge of God and repentence). Not sure much else can.

To say that we will not be judged for how we vote is absolutely not true. For voting is speaking and all our words will be judged. For from our heart, come our words.

[/I][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]Yes, we will be judged according to whether we trusted in ("bet on") man for our well-being in the land.[/INDENT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Including the words "Yes", "No" at the ballot box. For if we trust in God, we will vote for His ways most of wall. We are also judged for abstaining from speaking. Best to be on God's side and forget the entire idea of God "being on my side".

Jeremiah trusted in God, but was told, as Keck quoted, to pray for the enemy that would rule over them because of their own sin. That is the step American believers may have to take for our country is rejecting God and His values at an alarming rate. Revival can save us (i.e. revival = knowledge of God and repentence). Not sure much else can.

To say that we will not be judged for how we vote is absolutely not true. For voting is speaking and all our words will be judged. For from our heart, come our words.
    NASU

Yes, we will be judged according to whether we trusted in ("bet on") man for our well-being in the land.
    Not to take away from being judged for our words, I do agree with you in this. There's a reason that the most anti-god party in America today is also the most "trust goverment to meet your needs" party in America today. The two go hand in hand.
    NASU

Blog Entries

We will be exiled to make room for migrants if we're lucky. It could be gas chambers, judging by the hate on the left.

We will be exiled to make room for migrants if we're lucky. It could be gas chambers, judging by the hate on the left.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

When Israel was exiled, it impacted their ability to worship. Anyone who thinks our worship, as we do so with our life, with our business, with our all, won't be impacted is not paying attention.

They hate Jesus more than they hate us. That is why a company can court business in Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, etc (where g*y activity is illegal) but boycott NC over a bathroom law.

Few in the thread got your reference it seems. Believers are headed for exile in our own country.

When Israel was exiled, it impacted their ability to worship. Anyone who thinks our worship, as we do so with our life, with our business, with our all, won't be impacted is not paying attention.

They hate Jesus more than they hate us. That is why a company can court business in Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, etc (where g*y activity is illegal) but boycott NC over a bathroom law.

Few in the thread got your reference it seems. Believers are headed for exile in our own country.
    NASU

Thread Information