Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 223

Thread: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,566
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    You are in denial. God Judges to bring people to repentance, but once peoples sin runs over, God is going to destroy them. Why did Israel have to go to Egypt for 400 years do you even know ? It's in Genesis 15 I think. God could not give the land unto Israel until the sins of the Canaanites {and other tribes} had come full, when Israel was finally given the Land and the Laws were given unto them, in Leviticus it states the reason they were given the land was that the former inhabitants had sacrificed their kids to Molech, they were having "RELATIONS" with their children and with Animals, etc. etc. God told the Israel people that the land would spew them out also if they did these things. They kept serving devils/false gods.

    The Facts are the FACTS...........God became so angry with Israel that he forsook thm for nigh 2000 years. The same thing is going to happen during the Tribulation period. The same thing happened during the Flood where people were saved.

    God judges for redemption, but if people keep sinning, God will destroy them. Don't kid yourself, sin will not survive this earth. The New Jerusalem will have no sin, no rebellion.

    But God is going to call Israel unto repentance after the Rapture. But I don't need advice about God from a person serving the Law anymore than I need advice from a Devil Worshiper, or or a SDA or a Mormon etc. etc. I serve Christ, I don't need the advice, he is not serving Christ. It is what it is brother.
    Apparently you wouldnít take advice from a Mormon doctor to lower your blood pressure either. Thatís your issue.

    And you didnít get advice-you got a correct translation of Hebrew.

    And by the way...

    Please review Romans 11-12

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,566
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Friend, I don't know how you can say these things, knowing that Judaism actually killed Jesus? And Judaism sought to destroy early Christianity as well, as a heretical sect within their own religion! That's why Christians came to the conclusion that Judaism is hostile to Christianity, because Christianity began in a hostile environment among the Jews. It was a religion of the Jews rejected by the majority of the Jews.

    When the Jews lost their edge against the small Christian sect, they may have become more tolerant of Christianity, particularly as it became associated with the Roman Empire, and later, with the kingdoms in Europe. That's when Christians developed their own hostile attitude towards the Jews in return, responding to the original hatred of Jews towards Christianity.

    Judaism today contains some elements of genuine friendliness towards Christians, yourself included. I think Netanyahu in Israel is genuinely friendly towards Christians. But I think you're right that the Orthodox would rather have nothing to do with anything beyond a polite "hello" with Christians. I have no idea why you're here on a Christian forum, unless you're just by nature a friendly guy? I personally like that!
    I donít think any of this this is true at all.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Apparently you wouldn’t take advice from a Mormon doctor to lower your blood pressure either. That’s your issue.

    And you didn’t get advice-you got a correct translation of Hebrew.

    And by the way...

    Please review Romans 11-12
    You are making a false equivocation here in that a being a Doctor has nothing to do with teaching me about Christianity. And know I don't need advice from a guys whose first language like mine is English, on Hebrew. I probably have studied it far more than he has.

    I have been preaching 33 years going on 34, I don't need advice from a Legalistic Hebrew guy anymore than need advice from a SDA member. I don't celebrate Halloween because I understand it to be evil, I don't go along to get along.

    Try getting back on subject brother, I don't take advice about my Faith from people that don't believe, I don't really care what people think about that tbh.

  4. #109

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    In the mishmash here there's some good points being made. The universe is very fine-tuned to support life as we know it, and that definitely points so a Creator and not mere chance. I don't think that the 6 days of creation were necessarily 24 hour days. But the first post is not supported by the text and I don't understand why someone is trying to make doctrine from a mistranslation.
    I would like your thoughts on mine, understanding that you may or may not give any credence to the passages from the NT even though without checking they probably were stated in the OT.

    This is why I believe the days of,"creation," were periods of twenty four hours.

    Acts 26:18 YLT to open their eyes, to turn them from [U]darkness[/U] to light, and from the authority of the Adversary unto God, for their receiving forgiveness of sins, and a lot among those having been sanctified, by faith that is toward me.

    I believe that verse is clear that darkness is Satan / Adversary and light is God. The same is true in the following verses. Ther are really talking about the light in God and the darkness of the world Satan.

    John 11:9,10 YLT Jesus answered, 'Are there not twelve hours in the day? if any one may walk in the day, he doth not stumble, because the light of this world he doth see; and if any one may walk in the night, he stumbleth, because the light is not in him.' ----- Then it goes on to speak of Lazarus being dead.

    Here it is about light God and darkness, the absence of light, Satan with twelve hours of light and myself assuming, twelve hours of darkness.


    Here is where you come in.

    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: (I don't think It was is there nor should be. God saw the light, that Good) and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

    Twelve hours period of time, each?

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,566
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    You are making a false equivocation here in that a being a Doctor has nothing to do with teaching me about Christianity. And know I don't need advice from a guys whose first language like mine is English, on Hebrew. I probably have studied it far more than he has.

    I have been preaching 33 years going on 34, I don't need advice from a Legalistic Hebrew guy anymore than need advice from a SDA member. I don't celebrate Halloween because I understand it to be evil, I don't go along to get along.

    Try getting back on subject brother, I don't take advice about my Faith from people that don't believe, I don't really care what people think about that tbh.
    Posturing is a sign of desperation

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Fenris, how far back in time would you say that ďJudaismĒ is not about Jesus? Like right to Abraham, Noah, or even Adam?
    Adam and Noah weren't Jews. Abraham couldn't possibly we waiting for Jesus because the bible didn't even exist in his day. But let's ignore all that. Judaism as it is practiced today attributes zero relevance to Jesus. He isn't a factor at all. Nobody tries to ignore him or remove him from the bible. He just isn't there.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Jesus is the Jews Messiah, so your statement is in actuality null and void
    You know, I don't expect anybody here to agree with me. And I'm fine with that. But I find it simply baffling that so few people here even try to understand somebody else's viewpoint. I mean, I'm here listening to Christians and I don't necessarily agree with you guys, but I do find your views interesting. And while I won't ascribe to them, I understand why you believe the way you do. But when I try to explain my viewpoint, I'm told that it's "null and void".

    Everyone makes fun of the millennials and calls them "snowflakes" because they melt when they hear opinions they don't agree with.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,104
    Blog Entries
    69

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Adam and Noah weren't Jews. Abraham couldn't possibly we waiting for Jesus because the bible didn't even exist in his day. But let's ignore all that. Judaism as it is practiced today attributes zero relevance to Jesus. He isn't a factor at all. Nobody tries to ignore him or remove him from the bible. He just isn't there.
    So Jesus in not found in Genesis or Exodus and Abraham has no connection to Jesus in anyway?
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time.

    מקום כניעה סך הכל

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Friend, I don't know how you can say these things, knowing that Judaism actually killed Jesus?
    It was the Romans who killed Jesus, my friend.

    And Judaism sought to destroy early Christianity as well, as a heretical sect within their own religion!
    A religion is allowed to make rulings on what is and isn't within it's orthodoxy. I don't see anybody here extending open arms to JWs or SDAs or Mormons. Or even Catholics for that matter. But first century Jews were supposed to embrace Christians with open arms.


    That's why Christians came to the conclusion that Judaism is hostile to Christianity
    "Judaism" isn't hostile to anything. In the first century, none of the Jewish movements agreed with each other. The Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, and Herodians were all in conflict at one time or another. Why would the early Christians, as another Jewish sect, expect any better treatment from other sects than any other?


    It was a religion of the Jews rejected by the majority of the Jews.
    In 1654 Shabetei Zvi proclaimed himself to be the messiah, and amended Jewish law eventually creating his own new religion. This too was a "religion of the Jews rejected by a majority of the Jews". Using your logic, all the Jews should have followed him.

    When the Jews lost their edge against the small Christian sect, they may have become more tolerant of Christianity, particularly as it became associated with the Roman Empire, and later, with the kingdoms in Europe. That's when Christians developed their own hostile attitude towards the Jews in return, responding to the original hatred of Jews towards Christianity.
    Let's be honest, the early Christians were just as intolerant of mainstream Jews as mainstream Jews were intolerant of early Christians.

    Judaism today contains some elements of genuine friendliness towards Christians, yourself included. I think Netanyahu in Israel is genuinely friendly towards Christians. But I think you're right that the Orthodox would rather have nothing to do with anything beyond a polite "hello" with Christians.
    It's just not a factor in Judaism.


    I have no idea why you're here on a Christian forum, unless you're just by nature a friendly guy? I personally like that!
    I'm here for the interesting discussions, like this one here. And also for the friendly people, you guys know who you are.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,104
    Blog Entries
    69

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    You know, I don't expect anybody here to agree with me. And I'm fine with that. But I find it simply baffling that so few people here even try to understand somebody else's viewpoint. I mean, I'm here listening to Christians and I don't necessarily agree with you guys, but I do find your views interesting. And while I won't ascribe to them, I understand why you believe the way you do. But when I try to explain my viewpoint, I'm told that it's "null and void".

    Everyone makes fun of the millennials and calls them "snowflakes" because they melt when they hear opinions they don't agree with.
    I can only speak for me, I see your viewpoint, I just disagree that itís truth.

    On a Christian forum, you have to expect people to stand up for what they believe is true, and Christianity does not compute with your understanding of OT or the NT.

    So from that perspetive, your viewpoint must be taken with this in mind. Thatís all I see people as saying. Itís nothing personal.

    There are nice ways of saying this and harsh ways.
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time.

    מקום כניעה סך הכל

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by m'lo goy View Post
    Your stance on Jesus puts the part I made bold into your sentence.

    Many passages in the Tanach (the Old Testament) has everything to do with Jesus.
    That is not true. They can be interpreted as pertaining to Jesus, most certainly. Is that the only way to read them? Or even the most straightforward way? No.

    All of the additions to the Talmud and traditions and understandings which came since the 1st century, are always based on a denial of the Messiaship of Jesus and His relationship to God
    Are you an expert on the Talmud, or the Jewish traditions and understandings? If not, how do you make such a sweeping statement about Judaism?


    The Jews would interpret the Old Testament they way the Christians do if it were not the case.
    Again, no. You're making the assumption that the only way these verses can be understood is as pertaining to Jesus. And this is simply not so.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I can only speak for me, I see your viewpoint, I just disagree that it’s truth.
    OK. You know what? I can't ask for more than that. God bless.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,104
    Blog Entries
    69

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    It was the Romans who killed Jesus, my friend.

    A religion is allowed to make rulings on what is and isn't within it's orthodoxy. I don't see anybody here extending open arms to JWs or SDAs or Mormons. Or even Catholics for that matter. But first century Jews were supposed to embrace Christians with open arms.



    "Judaism" isn't hostile to anything. In the first century, none of the Jewish movements agreed with each other. The Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, and Herodians were all in conflict at one time or another. Why would the early Christians, as another Jewish sect, expect any better treatment from other sects than any other?


    In 1654 Shabetei Zvi proclaimed himself to be the messiah, and amended Jewish law eventually creating his own new religion. This too was a "religion of the Jews rejected by a majority of the Jews". Using your logic, all the Jews should have followed him.

    Let's be honest, the early Christians were just as intolerant of mainstream Jews as mainstream Jews were intolerant of early Christians.

    It's just not a factor in Judaism.



    I'm here for the interesting discussions, like this one here. And also for the friendly people, you guys know who you are.
    Bold above.

    The Romans carried out the deed at the request of the Jews, don’t forget that part of the story my friend.

    Why?” asked Pilate. “What evil has He done?” But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify Him!” 24When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but that instead a riot was breaking out, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “You shall bear the responsibility.” 25All the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!”…
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time.

    מקום כניעה סך הכל

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    So Jesus in not found in Genesis or Exodus
    I don't see it. But the point here is that Adam and Noah were not Jews, and couldn't have believed as Jews or Christians did, because those bibles did not yet exist.
    and Abraham has no connection to Jesus in anyway?
    I don't see it.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,687

    Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Bold above.

    The Romans carried out the deed at the request of the Jews, don’t forget that part of the story my friend.
    OK. Let's pretend that I accept the NT as being absolutely correct (obviously I do not. But pretend). It wasn't "the Jews" that killed Jesus, it was Pilate and his soldiers. And it wasn't "the Jews" that requested he be killed, it was some Jews hanging around outside Pilate's palace or whatever. Or is it ok for me to blame every Christian who ever lived when one Christian does something bad?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Meaning of the word STRIPES in this passage
    By Phalanx in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 25th 2008, 07:42 PM
  2. Our Lord...a swear word.
    By MyRock in forum Praise
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 24th 2008, 05:03 PM
  3. The word of the lord; how it comforts us!!
    By livingwaters in forum Devotions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 27th 2008, 03:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •