Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

Blog Entries

Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

“But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.”

For me, by faith, I follow the dictates of Christian faith. And I respect Fenris’ faith because “by faith......” we serve our God by actions and conviction to the best of our knowledge. Nothing in my interaction with Fenris can deter me from my belief that God is in control of my life. Who’s to say how the Spirit of God leads people to truths that God wants them to apply to their lives when it points to fulfilling the Christian command to love one another, love justice, desire mercy and to walk humbly with our Lord?

Ruth’s justification and grafting into the family of God was based on these principles. She wasn’t quizzed on Genesis 1 to enter; she merely loved God and God’s people to the extent that she attached herself to Israel and didn’t look back.

When Abraham stood above Sodom, his desire was justice when he questioned the Lord about wiping out as little as 10 righteous with the wicked. Justice. Mercy. And Abraham also spoke in humility to the Lord “I am just dust.....”

Always remember folks....knowledge and context is valuable for doctrine, but faith precedes all. And any doctrine that omits pursuing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly before our God probably needs to be questioned.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

*** I can’t edit but wanted to add the requirements of God (justice, mercy, humility before God) isn’t exclusively a Christian command as it was established by the Torah and the Prophets.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    ..like unto Jason, who bribed Antiochus to get the High Priest job, which his brother Onias III, a pious man, had, Antiochus had Onias III killed. Then Jason {real name Yeshua} tried to Hellenize the Jews and thus we got the Maccabean Revolt.

Thus I think that we not only had a Likeness of the coming Anti-Christ/Beast in Antiochus, we also had a likeness of his FALSE PROPHET in Jason !!
    Very interesting. I learned something. Thanks for that! I think you are right about the 'type'.

I'm sorry I took your thread off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say that my disbelief in Jesus is caused by my understanding of the text, and not the other way around. I didn't pick up a bible and say "Jesus isn't in here, now how am I to understand these texts".
    My post was badly worded (like some badly translated verses in English translations of the Bible). So let me say that another way: Your interpretation of certain scriptures (but not all) will always be in accordance with your stance regarding Jesus. You won't interpret certain scriptures the way Christians do. Case in point: Isaiah chapter 53.

Quote Originally Posted by m'lo goy View Post
    My post was badly worded (like some badly translated verses in English translations of the Bible).
    Well played.

So let me say that another way: Your interpretation of certain scriptures (but not all) will always be in accordance with your stance regarding Jesus. You won't interpret certain scriptures the way Christians do. Case in point: Isaiah chapter 53.
    No, this is not correct. My understanding of Isaiah 53 has nothing whatsoever to do with my stance on Jesus. You make it sound like Judaism only exists as a counter to Christianity. Judaism is it's own religion, with it's only holy texts and traditions and understandings, none of which have anything whatsoever to do with Jesus.

Blog Entries

Judaism is it's own religion, with it's only holy texts and traditions and understandings, none of which have anything whatsoever to do with Jesus.
    After that I have to say:

We'll argue until one of us never draws breath again over this ( from ripe old old age hopefully ) but really - Christianity is the continuation of God's plan that He formed before creation.

Everything God began with Abram/Abraham and then on and on until Jesus led up to Jesus and...Jesus is God so...yeah.

A lot - most - Jews can't see and won't accept that. But as you know Christianity didn't begin with gentiles it began with Jews. This is no countering one or the other. It's a continuation with Jews who reject Jesus/God being out of His will and it will continue until the partial blindness is lifted from their eyes and the remnant is saved.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    After that I have to say:

We'll argue until one of us never draws breath again over this ( from ripe old old age hopefully ) but really - Christianity is the continuation of God's plan that He formed before creation.
    I have no problem whatsoever with you believing that. Honestly. I'm glad that you have faith in God. I'm just trying to get you to understand that Judaism has nothing to do with Jesus. He plays no role whatsoever in the religion. So many Christians seem to believe that Jews deliberately go out of their way to disbelieve Jesus. That we open the bible and say "How do I understand this chapter as not referring to Jesus". Or that we hate him. It's none of those things.

Blog Entries

I have no problem whatsoever with you believing that. Honestly. I'm glad that you have faith in God. I'm just trying to get you to understand that Judaism has nothing to do with Jesus. He plays no role whatsoever in the religion. So many Christians seem to believe that Jews deliberately go out of their way to disbelieve Jesus. That we open the bible and say "How do I understand this chapter as not referring to Jesus". Or that we hate him. It's none of those things.
    Fenris, how far back in time would you say that “Judaism” is not about Jesus? Like right to Abraham, Noah, or even Adam?
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

We know, that is why God rejected the Jews and dismissed them from his mind for nigh 2000 years {Ezekiel/Dead Men's Bones}. But the truth is no matter what the Leaders of Judaism claim they are wrong, the PROMISE to Abraham came BEFORE the Law given 100's of years later in Egypt. So the real Covenant had nothing to do with the Law, the Law was added because of Sin !! The Belief in the Promise is what Justified Abraham, the Law can ONLY Condemn.

We understand you are blind IN PART {Biggest part} until the Rapture happens. Then 1/3 will receive Jesus and be protected by God, the 2/3 will perish like the rest of the World. Then God will send Jesus back to offer the Kingdom again to the Jews, like he did 2000 years ago when he Got rejected. It doesn't really matter to us what you think, you have no unction of the Spirit, when you accept Jesus, you will be like a baby in Christ, whereas I am a Christian of 33 years. If you do not accept Christ before you die, then you reject God and are doomed to hell, that is your choice friendo.

But I don't sit around and talk "LEGALISM" even with Christians.

Jesus is the Jews Messiah, so your statement is in actuality null and void, because the Jews will accept Jesus and start worshiping him the Temple 75 days before the Beast Conquers Jerusalem. And what you believe or don't believe is not going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by m'lo goy View Post
    Very interesting. I learned something. Thanks for that! I think you are right about the 'type'.

I'm sorry I took your thread off topic.
    I learned this while researching every King in Daniel 11, and the Syrian Wars. The thread is still around on the th page bottom......maybe the th page by now. I was always confused by Daniel 11, but via research I explain each King, each occurrence, etc. etc. etc.

Threads go where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    I agree with your interpretations for the Beast in Rev 12 as 'Satan' and the Antichrist in Rev 13. But the claim that the Scalet Coloured Beast is Apollyon is a bit of a stretch. Apollyon (Greek) or Abaddon (Hebrew) is an angel - not a Beast (Rev 9:11). I trust you agree there's a difference, for while a Beast is in every context, a leader an angel on the other hand, whether that of God or Satan, remains a servant or messenger.

Secondly, he is not the one referenced as "not" and yet "is". This is about the Antichrist who "WAS" [past tense] in A4E and "NOT" as not physically present now but will yet come again [future] as the end time Antichrist - the little horn of Dan 7 and Beast of Rev 13.
    I am telling you it is Apollyon {Destroyer of Israel} AKA Abaddon. He is the Angel of the Bottomless Pit. Demons are Fallen Angels. Satan is an Angel and a BEAST over Israel, the Mediterranean Sea Region {7 Headed Beast} but he is over every region in the world, remember, in Luke 4 he offered Jesus ALL THE Kingdoms of the World. The Seven Heads and 10 Horns is just showing the "GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE" that has BEASTED over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region. Satan is over this whole wide world, the CODE NAME for that is "Babylon". It was Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome, the WOUND will be healed by the Anti-Christ when he Conquers Jerusalem/Mediterranean Sea Region again. There was no Israel for night 2000 years, God saw her as Dead Men's Bones, the Church came forth, we had the Holy Spirit, the Gates of Hell could not prevail over us thus we WOUNDED the Beast, Rome went from a Beast to a kitty cat who eventually carried the water for Christendom, thus THE BEAST was Wounded !! The Little Horn who arises out of Greece, then comes to power in the E.U. and is an Assyrian {Turk}, will Conquer Jerusalem/Mediterranean Sea Region and thus the Beast ARISES again, or is HEALED from the Mortal Wound that sidelined it.

Put this all together and who is Apollyon ? Well look at this verse here for starters. {Ephesians 6:12}

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Apollyon is the Demon from the Bottomless Pit that kills the Two-witnesses, he is released at the First Woe. He was assigned to the Mediterranean Sea Region as a "Principality in High Places" like Ephesians 6:12 describes, thus he was OF THE SEVEN but is an 8th, because he was a Demon assigned to the Region, he was over Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia {He was the Prince of Persia that withstood Michael for 21 days}, over Greece, and Rome and once the Church Age was inserted and Israel dispersed he was placed into the Bottomless Pit.........Thus he WAS {over the 7}........he IS NOT {he's in the pit as we speak} YET IS because he will be released, he will be over the Mediterranean Sea Region once again thus the 7 Heads and 10 Horns with NO CROWNS, is Apollyon the Destroyer !!

An Angel {Star} falls and releases the Demons in the Bottomless Pit, Apollyon is over the Bottomless Pit, he is a Demon, al Demons are Angels. He is not a Physical Being thus he has no CROWNS via the Earth, and he is never over Satan, thus he has NO CROWNS in the Spirit World.

No man dies and returns brother, man lives ONCE and then the Judgment. A4E is dead and will be in hell at the Second Resurrection, I am pretty sure he will be in hell. The Little Horn will be a man {was a man born in Greece IMHO} born in Greece. Men are not born twice.

Think about it.....I have been given his about a year ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    We know, that is why God rejected the Jews and dismissed them from his mind for nigh 2000 years {Ezekiel/Dead Men's Bones}. But the truth is no matter what the Leaders of Judaism claim they are wrong, the PROMISE to Abraham came BEFORE the Law given 100's of years later in Egypt. So the real Covenant had nothing to do with the Law, the Law was added because of Sin !! The Belief in the Promise is what Justified Abraham, the Law can ONLY Condemn.

We understand you are blind IN PART {Biggest part} until the Rapture happens. Then 1/3 will receive Jesus and be protected by God, the 2/3 will perish like the rest of the World. Then God will send Jesus back to offer the Kingdom again to the Jews, like he did 2000 years ago when he Got rejected. It doesn't really matter to us what you think, you have no unction of the Spirit, when you accept Jesus, you will be like a baby in Christ, whereas I am a Christian of 33 years. If you do not accept Christ before you die, then you reject God and are doomed to hell, that is your choice friendo.

But I don't sit around and talk "LEGALISM" even with Christians.

Jesus is the Jews Messiah, so your statement is in actuality null and void, because the Jews will accept Jesus and start worshiping him the Temple 75 days before the Beast Conquers Jerusalem. And what you believe or don't believe is not going to change anything.
    My God judges for the purpose of redemption. He always has. I know this God.

Your post indicates god judges for the purpose of revenge and retribution. I don’t know him. I know lots of humans like that though.

Friend, I don't know how you can say these things, knowing that Judaism actually killed Jesus? And Judaism sought to destroy early Christianity as well, as a heretical sect within their own religion! That's why Christians came to the conclusion that Judaism is hostile to Christianity, because Christianity began in a hostile environment among the Jews. It was a religion of the Jews rejected by the majority of the Jews.

When the Jews lost their edge against the small Christian sect, they may have become more tolerant of Christianity, particularly as it became associated with the Roman Empire, and later, with the kingdoms in Europe. That's when Christians developed their own hostile attitude towards the Jews in return, responding to the original hatred of Jews towards Christianity.

Judaism today contains some elements of genuine friendliness towards Christians, yourself included. I think Netanyahu in Israel is genuinely friendly towards Christians. But I think you're right that the Orthodox would rather have nothing to do with anything beyond a polite "hello" with Christians. I have no idea why you're here on a Christian forum, unless you're just by nature a friendly guy? I personally like that!

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    My God judges for the purpose of redemption. He always has. I know this God.

Your post indicates god judges for the purpose of revenge and retribution. I don’t know him. I know lots of humans like that though.
    You are in denial. God Judges to bring people to repentance, but once peoples sin runs over, God is going to destroy them. Why did Israel have to go to Egypt for 400 years do you even know ? It's in Genesis 15 I think. God could not give the land unto Israel until the sins of the Canaanites {and other tribes} had come full, when Israel was finally given the Land and the Laws were given unto them, in Leviticus it states the reason they were given the land was that the former inhabitants had sacrificed their kids to Molech, they were having "RELATIONS" with their children and with Animals, etc. etc. God told the Israel people that the land would spew them out also if they did these things. They kept serving devils/false gods.

The Facts are the FACTS...........God became so angry with Israel that he forsook thm for nigh 2000 years. The same thing is going to happen during the Tribulation period. The same thing happened during the Flood where people were saved.

God judges for redemption, but if people keep sinning, God will destroy them. Don't kid yourself, sin will not survive this earth. The New Jerusalem will have no sin, no rebellion.

But God is going to call Israel unto repentance after the Rapture. But I don't need advice about God from a person serving the Law anymore than I need advice from a Devil Worshiper, or or a SDA or a Mormon etc. etc. I serve Christ, I don't need the advice, he is not serving Christ. It is what it is brother.

Well played.

No, this is not correct. My understanding of Isaiah 53 has nothing whatsoever to do with my stance on Jesus. You make it sound like Judaism only exists as a counter to Christianity. Judaism is it's own religion, with it's only holy texts and traditions and understandings, none of which have anything whatsoever to do with Jesus.
    Your stance on Jesus puts the part I made bold into your sentence.

Many passages in the Tanach (the Old Testament) has everything to do with Jesus.

Denial of that fact has produced many (post-1st century era) Talmudic texts and traditions and understandings (which have been added since the 1st century C.E to the oral law and traditions). The oral law and traditions came from the days of Judah's captivity in Babylon, and already existed during Christ's time. But a lot has been added since the 1st century.

All of the additions to the Talmud and traditions and understandings which came since the 1st century, are always based on a denial of the Messiaship of Jesus and His relationship to God, the name of whom by then was known to all Jews, because of the spread of Christianity in the Roman Empire.

Hence, what I said is correct. The Jews would interpret the Old Testament they way the Christians do if it were not the case.

Thread Information