Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    OK. Let's pretend that I accept the NT as being absolutely correct (obviously I do not. But pretend). It wasn't "the Jews" that killed Jesus, it was Pilate and his soldiers. And it wasn't "the Jews" that requested he be killed, it was some Jews hanging around outside Pilate's palace or whatever. Or is it ok for me to blame every Christian who ever lived when one Christian does something bad?
    Do you not get {Well I know you don't, you don't look at this from the Christian perspective} that the Kingdom was offered unto the Jews by Jesus and they Rejected it ?

Matt. 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Which is Jesus quoting Psalm 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

So Jesus offered the Kingdom to Israel and they rejected it. Thus this is why 70 AD is like unto Zechariah 14 !! This is why the Fourth Beast was Rome, but the Little Horn they were expecting never came. This is why the Statue goes from the Legs of Iron to the Feet and toes of iron and clay, but there is a 2000 year gap in these events !! The Church Age was inserted. Ezekiel told us Israel would be as Dead Men's Bones until the time of the nd and then God would breath life back into them, albeit to start with they will still be in UNBELIEF, then the Jews turn to their Messiah after the Rapture of the Church. The Church is Christ Jesus' bride, Israel is God's bride.

The Kingdom will be offered again. ALL ISRAEL will be saved, bit not every Jew, but Israel as a Nation is preserved because in Zechariah 13:8-9 we see 1/3 of all the Jews repent and 2/3 perish. Of Course the Jews rejected Jesus, they chose Barabbas over Jesus. The EXPRESS IMAGE OF God, was rejected all because Israel was blinded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Give 'em a few years. The media will have us all chanting her name.
    You see the parallel I hope. Scary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    LOL, OK....................I bring substance, you are still chatting about someones Hebrew understanding's of Words. I am very capable of understanding the root words, I am a grown boy, I don't need help in the study of Etymology brother.
    The entire premise your refusal to hear what a non Christian has to offer is logical fallacy.

The Holy Spirit isn’t going to teach you all the depths in Hebrew and idioms. “shema” means more than “hear.” “shalom” means more than “peace” etc.

Myself and other Christians also have The Holy Spirit, many here have Theological degrees or have studied Christian theology and appreciate Fenris. I am going to defend that.

Some of us have also studied under Christians who were once Orthodox Jews and bring a different flavor to our faith and perspective yet reformed doctrine remains unshaken. That brings understanding and richness to our lives and our faith.

Blog Entries

Yeshua is a Aramaic short form of Yehoshua, and a popular name in the first century - and indeed, there was a Yehoshua in the TeNaKh.

It still means what it means, and that is not lost on me, especially in light of how God changes names of ordinary people who serve God:

Abram to Abraham.
    Sari to Sarah
    Jacob to Israel
    Simon to Kefa

and on we go.

God is a poet of extravagant beauty

Thread Information