Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415

Thread: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

Blog Entries

Re: The Day of the Lord: the actual meaning of the word YOWM

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    That's true. Deuteronomy 30 says a few things that I think make some Christians uncomfortable.
    Oh yes? What might that be ?
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post

I as a 30 year Christian try to think outside the box of normality. Is the universe 6000 years old?
    Yup. It is.

GEN.1 [9] AND GOD SAID, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.[10] And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

It was by the WORD of God that the earth was created

2 PETER [3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4]And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.[5] For this THEY WILLINGLY ARE IGNORANT of, that BY THE WORD OF GOD the HEAVENS WERE OF OLD, AND THE EARTH standing out of the water and in the water:

We are in those last days. At the time God spoke the WORD He created the heavens and the earth to look to be old. So why would God have made the heavens and the earth to appear older than they actually were at the time of creation? Was He trying to trick us? Do ya suppose it could simply come down to a matter of faith? Those with faith in God believe that God created the heavens and the earth just as the spoken Word says, even though the evidence for this is not seen.

HEBREWS 11 [1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.[2] For by it the elders obtained a good report.[3] THROUGH FAITH WE UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY THE WORD OF GOD, SO THAT THINGS WHICH ARE SEEN WERE NOT MADE OF THINGS WHICH DO APPEAR.

It really does comes down to faith. You wont be able to prove that God created the heavens and the earth (as the Word says) through science or in a debate. Common sense? Yeah. Go outside on a clear night. Look up. Think. If then you don’t understand...you dont understand.

ISAIAH 34 [2] For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.[3] Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.[4] And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. [8] For it is THE DAY OF THE LORD'S VENGEANCE, and the YEAR OF RECOMPENCES for the controversy of Zion.

The day of the Lord’s vengeance = the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

ISAIAH 63 [1]Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [2] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? [3] I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. [4] For THE DAY OF VENGEANCE is in mine heart, and THE YEAR OF MY REDEEMED IS COME.

For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

ISAIAH 61 [1] The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] TO PROCLAIM THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR OF THE LORD, AND THE DAY OF VENGEANCE OF OUR GOD; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Acceptable year

JEREMIAH 48 [44] He that fleeth from the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that getteth up out of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for I will bring upon it, even upon Moab, the YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord. [45] They that fled stood under the shadow of Heshbon because of the force: but a fire shall come forth out of Heshbon, and a flame from the midst of Sihon, and shall devour the corner of Moab, and the crown of the head of the tumultuous ones. [46] Woe be unto thee, O Moab! the people of Chemosh perisheth: for thy sons are taken captives, and thy daughters captives. [47] Yet will I bring again the captivity of Moab IN THE LATTER DAYS, saith the Lord. Thus far is the judgment of Moab.

Year of visitation

JEREMIAH 23 [9] Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness. [10] For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right. [11] For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord. [12] Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord.

The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them ( Jer.23 v 5-8). This will be done in the twinkling of an eye. As for the bad guys “for I will bring evil upon them, EVEN THE YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord”.

EZEK.39 [7] So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.[8] Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

ROMANS 9 [27] Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:[28] For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because A SHORT WORK will the Lord make upon the earth

LUKE 4 [17] And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, [18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] TO PREACH THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.

Seems the "Day of the Lord" will last one year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    God bless you. There is always going to hope for those who keep trying. I think God has got this kind of person covered and we will be shown mercy and grace through the blood that he himself hath provided.
    I agree brother that the hope is always there, even for the stone hearted, but are you saying that ‘trying hard’ without Christ may bring some merit? I don’t think you meant this just clarifying.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BOWnQUIVER View Post

When it is known what the Lord will use on His Day of wrath against the nations, then you will realize that it will last for just a single day; one rotation of the earth. Isaiah 30:26a tells us. Many other prophesies confirm it and if it lasted any longer, nothing would survive.
    That terrible and shocking Day will change the world and set the scene for all that must happen before Jesus Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I simply don't think that God expects perfection. He gave us a list of things to do, and He expects us to do them to the best of our ability. When we fall short, we ask for forgiveness. I think that's certainly better than not trying at all.

And what is this "new covenant"? Next verse, please:

This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts."

Not a new law. Not an abrogation of the law. The same law, just written on our hearts.
    If it's not God writing it on your heart, it's not being written on your heart - and the only way it can be written on your heart is through CHRIST IN YOU, and the only way Christ will be IN YOU is if you believe that He died for your sins on the cross (meaning that YHWH deemed it necessary that He die for YOUR sins in order that you may be forgiven), and if you believe that He rose again from the dead.

Bluff yourself all you like, but that is THE ONLY way the Law gets written on your heart.

THAT LAW is to love God and neighbor (even your enemies). Only God writes it on your heart through CHRIST LIVING IN YOU by His (YHWH's) Holy Spirit.

Yes, the Law of Moses was crucified with Christ and died with Christ - because it was (and still is and always will be) 100% ineffective in making you or anyone else acceptable to a perfectly holy and just God.

PS: God said it - not me, not Paul, not anyone else - but when Christ said it, GOD HIMSELF WAS SPEAKING TO YOU.

Unbelief in the Word of YHWH is in effect calling Him a liar.

Note: It's not an act of love to refrain from telling you the truth. You are going to die in your sins if you continue to reject God's salvation (Yahushua) till your last breath. Doesn't mean that me or anyone else telling you that = we don't want to see your salvation. It means we won't lie to you (like so many Christian Zionists are only too fond of doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    When it is known what the Lord will use on His Day of wrath against the nations, then you will realize that it will last for just a single day; one rotation of the earth. Isaiah 30:26a tells us. Many other prophesies confirm it and if it lasted any longer, nothing would survive.
    That terrible and shocking Day will change the world and set the scene for all that must happen before Jesus Returns.
    Isaiah does not confirm its one rotation of the earth.

ISAIAH 34 [2] For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.[3] Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.[4] And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. [8] For it is THE DAY OF THE LORD'S VENGEANCE, and the YEAR OF RECOMPENCES for the controversy of Zion.

If what you say is true please explain why "year" is mentioned in all those scriptures which speak of the Day of the Lord

Blog Entries

Isaiah does not confirm its one rotation of the earth.

If what you say is true please explain why "year" is mentioned in all those scriptures which speak of the Day of the Lord
    The Lord won't be sending His fiery wrath upon us for longer than one day.
    Wait for the Day
    Zephaniah 3:8 Wait for Me, says the Lord, wait for the Day when I stand up and accuse mankind. For I shall pour out My wrath upon nations and kingdoms, in My burning anger: the whole earth will be devastated by fire.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath is near and coming fast. That Day will be a Day of distress and torment, a Day of devastation amid thick darkness. A Day of thunder and destruction against military fortifications and cities. the Lord will bring terrible distress upon the people, they won’t know which way to turn as they are punished for their sins against Me. Their blood and guts will be spilled out like filth over the ground. Neither their treasure nor their idols will be able to save them on the sudden and shocking Day of the Lord’s fiery anger. All the Land will be burned and devastated. Ezekiel 20:46-48, 2 Peter 3:7
    Zephaniah 2:1-3 Prepare yourselves, you undesirable nation, be humble before you disappear like chaff, before the burning anger of the Lord comes upon you. Seek righteousness; seek humility, all you people in the Land who obey God’s Laws and it may be that you will find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.

Zephaniah 2:4-7 Gaza will be deserted, Ashkelon left in ruins. At midday all the towns of the Mediterranean coast will be cleared of inhabitants, for the Word of God is against you – land of the Philistines. I shall lay you in ruins, no one will survive. The sea coast will become a sheep grazing area belonging to the survivors of Judah, for their God will turn to them and restore their fortunes. Isaiah 14-1, Ezekiel 36:1-37

Zephaniah 2:8-10 I have noted the insults of Moab and the Ammonites, how they have reviled My people and encroached on their frontiers. For this, I swear, they will become like Sodom and Gomorrah, a place of weeds and salt pans. Those of My people who survive will inherit their land. This is retribution for their pride, because they have insulted God’s people and taken over their Land. Jeremiah 12:14

Zephaniah 3:11-13 On that Day, Jerusalem, I shall rid you of your proud and arrogant citizens, but I will leave a remnant, a humble people who will trust in Me. The survivors in Israel will be righteous, under My protection. Isaiah 31:5

Zephaniah 3:19-20 When the time comes and I have dealt with your oppressors, then I shall rescue the lost and gather the dispersed and bring you all to your homeland. You will win respect and renown from the other nations when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes, It is I, the Lord, who speaks. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Wait for the Day; the whole earth burned and devastated. The only known way how this could happen, is by a massive Coronal Mass Ejection, a fire judgement mentioned and described over 100 times in Bible prophecy. It will be the event that ‘comes like a thief’, unexpected and shocking. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1

You undesirable nation – the ethnic Israel people: It may be that those who live righteously and humbly will ‘find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.’ 2 Peter 2:9

Philistines and Moab and Ammon – Palestinians and Jordanians. Amos 1:6-8 & 13-14

leave a remnant in Jerusalem, under My protection – Isaiah 4:3, Zechariah 9:14-18

rescue the lost....bring you home – The great gathering of all the true Christian peoples, prophesied more than 40 times, to happen soon after this forthcoming, worldwide fire judgement. They will live in the promised Land, under God’s protection and when the Anti Christ comes to Jerusalem, they are taken to a place of safety until the Return of Jesus.
    Ref: logostelos.info

The day of the Lord’s vengeance = the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

ISAIAH 63 [1]Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [2] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? [3] I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. [4] For THE DAY OF VENGEANCE is in mine heart, and THE YEAR OF MY REDEEMED IS COME.

For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

ISAIAH 61 [1] The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; [2] TO PROCLAIM THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR OF THE LORD, AND THE DAY OF VENGEANCE OF OUR GOD; to comfort all that mourn; [3] To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Acceptable year

JEREMIAH 48 [44] He that fleeth from the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that getteth up out of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for I will bring upon it, even upon Moab, the YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord. [45] They that fled stood under the shadow of Heshbon because of the force: but a fire shall come forth out of Heshbon, and a flame from the midst of Sihon, and shall devour the corner of Moab, and the crown of the head of the tumultuous ones. [46] Woe be unto thee, O Moab! the people of Chemosh perisheth: for thy sons are taken captives, and thy daughters captives. [47] Yet will I bring again the captivity of Moab IN THE LATTER DAYS, saith the Lord. Thus far is the judgment of Moab.

Year of visitation

JEREMIAH 23 [9] Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness. [10] For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right. [11] For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord. [12] Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord.

The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them ( Jer.23 v 5-8). This will be done in the twinkling of an eye. As for the bad guys “for I will bring evil upon them, EVEN THE YEAR OF THEIR VISITATION, saith the Lord”.

EZEK.39 [7] So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.[8] Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

ROMANS 9 [27] Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:[28] For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because A SHORT WORK will the Lord make upon the earth

LUKE 4 [17] And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, [18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] TO PREACH THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.

Again i ask Keraz. Why in all the above "Day of the Lord" scriptures is a year mentioned?

Blog Entries

Again i ask Keraz. Why in all the above "Day of the Lord" scriptures is a year mentioned?
    They don't all say or even imply that the Day of the Lord is a year.
    What is described in over 100 prophesies about the DoL, just cannot last for a year or nothing could survive. Anyway the DoL and the year of Redemption are mentioned separately, they refer to separate things if you hadn't noticed.

When it is known what the Lord will use on His Day of wrath against the nations, then you will realize that it will last for just a single day; one rotation of the earth.
    You say 1 day. One rotation of the earth

MARK 13 [19] For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.[20] And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.[21] And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:[22] For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.[23] But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

{verses 19-23 describe the trib period}
    {verses 24-27 describe the Day of the Lord}

[24] But in those days, AFTER THAT TRIBULATION, the SUN SHALL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON SHALL NOT GIVE HER LIGHT,[25] And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.[26] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.[27] And then shall he send his angels, and shall GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

In Mark you see the great tribulation period is FOLLOWED by a dark sun and dark moon

JOEL 2 [10] The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: THE SUN AND THE MOON SHALL BE DARK, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: [11] And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for THE DAY OF THE LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Take note. Verse 24. IN THOSE DAYS, after the tribulation. We all know the Day of the Lord is AFTER the tribulation and that day is refered to as THOSE DAYS. Not one single rotation of the earth

Blog Entries

You say 1 day. One rotation of the earth

MARK 13 [19] For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.[20] And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.[21] And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:[22] For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.[23] But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

{verses 19-23 describe the trib period}
    {verses 24-27 describe the Day of the Lord}

[24] But in those days, AFTER THAT TRIBULATION, the SUN SHALL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON SHALL NOT GIVE HER LIGHT,[25] And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.[26] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.[27] And then shall he send his angels, and shall GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

In Mark you see the great tribulation period is FOLLOWED by a dark sun and dark moon

JOEL 2 [10] The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: THE SUN AND THE MOON SHALL BE DARK, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: [11] And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for THE DAY OF THE LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Take note. Verse 24. IN THOSE DAYS, after the tribulation. We all know the Day of the Lord is AFTER the tribulation and that day is refered to as THOSE DAYS. Not one single rotation of the earth
    You are confusing the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, with the great Tribulation and the Return of Jesus.
    Obviously the Sixth Seal Day of wrath by fire, must occur before the scroll is opened and the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls of the GT can commence.

Psalms 50:1-6 The Lord God has spoken and summoned the world. From the rising of the sun until its setting....The Lord is coming and will not keep silent; consuming fire goes ahead of Him and all around a terrible storm rages. ……
    The nations will only be affected as the earth rotates to face the sun. Confirmed by Joel 2:....a day of thick darkness as the morning spreads upon the mountains. A fire burns before on the fruitful land and behind the Land is a desolate wilderness. There has never been anything like this disaster and it will never again happen like this...…..

Why is it so difficult for you and others to understand what it is that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath?
    A Coronal Mass Ejection of unprecedented magnitude is the only thing that can and will literally fulfill all the graphically described prophesies about that forthcoming Day.

Why is it so difficult for you and others to understand what it is that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath?
    A Coronal Mass Ejection of unprecedented magnitude is the only thing that can and will literally fulfill all the graphically described prophesies about that forthcoming Day.
    Maybe

Zephaniah 3:8 (KJV)
    8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Or maybe He will bring back Pangia when He gathers the nations together. Whole lot a shakin goin on

Thread Information