Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Trump declares national emergency on border

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Free Church inhome
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    We should go back to federalism, as outlined in the constitution and federalist papers. Barring that, it may be about time that we broke up as a nation.
    good suggestion.

    we will not 'break up as a nation', however i believe that Mexico will be merged into the usa within 5 years perhaps.
    Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

    2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,550
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post

    New law without congressional approval. But hey, who cares about the constitution on the left anymore? It can mean whatever 5 judges want it to mean.
    Not to mention the unilateral Iran “treaty....” and the pallets of cash that Obama airlifted there.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Not to mention the unilateral Iran “treaty....” and the pallets of cash that Obama airlifted there.
    Or the Little Sisters of the Poor... after promising congress he would not go after such religious enterprises, he did anyway. Congress clearly never meant for such things to occur and some would not have voted for that horrible law if they thought it would be abused. It would have been worse if HRC had been elected afterwards. IMO, our previous president clearly paved the way for a man of Trump's demeaner to be elected. Most likely, it will continue to get worse.

    I still hope that we will find our way back to federalism. If Trump is able to appoint 1 to 3 more judges to the supreme court, we may get that. But the Dems may pack the courts later. Who knows. If we don't get federalism, then I can only hope that at some point, we can break up (peacefully) the nation.

    Or even better, revival breaks out like it did in the 70s, and the whole nation turns around.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,550
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Ah yes. Speaking of the 1970’s I read an interview with Tommy James about his coming to Christ after watching Billy Graham on TV in a hotel.

    It was an amazing era.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Ah yes. Speaking of the 1970’s I read an interview with Tommy James about his coming to Christ after watching Billy Graham on TV in a hotel.

    It was an amazing era.
    Indeed! Several of my mentors got saved during that time. They didn't get saved in church either just God showing up. My best friend got saved in his car on the way home from a party. Another friend got saved because God spoke to him directly when he was high just before going to bed. It scared him! When God spoke again the next morning, he repented and got saved. I could go on and on. The entire nation changed because of that great revival. Of course, you mention one of the great evangelist of that time. Some of the Bushes came to know Jesus because of Billy Graham. Many throughout the world got saved through his preaching.

    And the effect carried over into the 80s and 90s. It wasn't until the 2000s (30 years later), that the fire seemed to die down, IMO. Maybe I missed it in other places. But I am not seeing the power of God work today as it did back then. Perhaps I need to get out more. But I am praying for revival again!!! I remember hearing many messages on the power of God, the fear of the Lord, living life as an overcomer, overcoming sin, healing of wounds in our hearts/souls, and so on. People got touched by God and they couldn't help but speak out! Many knew that God moved in power in our inner man. What a time that was!!!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  6. #21

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    A Democratic President could declare a national emergency on guns or climate regardless of what Trump does. If he backs off in the hope that the Dems will play nice it would be a bad mistake.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Bookshelf
    Posts
    6,747
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    A Democratic President could declare a national emergency on guns or climate regardless of what Trump does. If he backs off in the hope that the Dems will play nice it would be a bad mistake.
    Very true, but this essentially provides them a roadmap for getting it done and its efficiency, constitutionality, etc. The deterrent has always been the fear of political fallout and legality. So Trump's venturing into unexplored executive territory gives Dems and future Reps a reference for any future policies they can't push through Congress.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    So Trump's venturing into unexplored executive territory gives Dems and future Reps a reference for any future policies they can't push through Congress.
    DACA already did that. NE just another way of doing the same thing.

    It will probably just get worse and worse with each president going forward.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  9. #24

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    I understand your point. I don't believe Trump's actions are based on political calculations however. He's getting advice from the professionals on the border who are telling him there needs to more border wall. People are also getting killed by illegals left and right—not to mention all the other problems. "What ifs" can paralyze. There's a clear and present danger that needs to be dealt with and the Dems in congress don't want to do anything about it simple because it's Trump. They've all voted for barriers in the recent past, now all of the sudden they're against it. If border walls are such a bad idea why did they all vote for them? They shouldn't be allowed to ignore the safety of the population simply to give the finger to the President, and that's all this is. Sure, it may encourage any plans they may have of making declarations of their own, but that bridge will just have to be crossed when and if we get there.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Bookshelf
    Posts
    6,747
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I understand your point. I don't believe Trump's actions are based on political calculations however. He's getting advice from the professionals on the border who are telling him there needs to more border wall. People are also getting killed by illegals left and right—not to mention all the other problems. "What ifs" can paralyze. There's a clear and present danger that needs to be dealt with and the Dems in congress don't want to do anything about it simple because it's Trump. They've all voted for barriers in the recent past, now all of the sudden they're against it. If border walls are such a bad idea why did they all vote for them? They shouldn't be allowed to ignore the safety of the population simply to give the finger to the President, and that's all this is. Sure, it may encourage any plans they may have of making declarations of their own, but that bridge will just have to be crossed when and if we get there.
    Exactly. I'm not sure if the limit was reached on stationing military personnel there, however. I think there were better ways to play chicken with Congress, and show them the impracticality or excess spending needed without physical barriers. I don't think opening this can of worms was necessary, so my hope is that it gets stalled in court so that these powers can't be abused in the future.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  11. #26

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    That's just it, he's not playing chicken or any other games with congress. He's acting in the interest of the American people.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I understand your point. I don't believe Trump's actions are based on political calculations however. He's getting advice from the professionals on the border who are telling him there needs to more border wall. People are also getting killed by illegals left and right—not to mention all the other problems. "What ifs" can paralyze. There's a clear and present danger that needs to be dealt with and the Dems in congress don't want to do anything about it simple because it's Trump. They've all voted for barriers in the recent past, now all of the sudden they're against it. If border walls are such a bad idea why did they all vote for them? They shouldn't be allowed to ignore the safety of the population simply to give the finger to the President, and that's all this is. Sure, it may encourage any plans they may have of making declarations of their own, but that bridge will just have to be crossed when and if we get there.
    They vote against walls now because they know they are very effective. They always have been.

    I read some interesting stats today. I was shocked! Only 58% of the detainees (i.e. illegal immigrants that are detained at the border for being here illegally) have no criminal record. 20% of them have felonies. That's an incredible number! I was just shocked. I aways thought Trump was using exageration to make a point. But now I see it is also about the criminal element that he has warned us about.

    I got the stats from this pro-illegal immigrant opinion piece in the NY Times:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/o...rants-ice.html
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    That's just it, he's not playing chicken or any other games with congress. He's acting in the interest of the American people.
    Agreed. He's tired of the politics.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,554

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    .... just like the rest of us are. The Dems had a chance to deal with it early in Obama's administration and didn't. Ditto Repubs. Both sides seem to want this issue to be a voting issue but not a solved issue. Trump wants it fixed.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  15. #30

    Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

    Totally agree Brother Mark, it's both parties.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AOC declares the end of the world is in 12 years
    By keck553 in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: Feb 10th 2019, 05:50 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 7th 2018, 03:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •