Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump declares national emergency on border

Trump declares national emergency on border

President Trump said Friday he is declaring a national emergency on the southern border, tapping into executive powers in a bid to divert billions toward construction of a wall even as he plans to sign a funding package that includes just $1.4 billion for border security.
    Source (Fox News)
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Blog Entries

Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

Good. That's what we elected him to do.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    President Trump said Friday he is declaring a national emergency on the southern border, tapping into executive powers in a bid to divert billions toward construction of a wall even as he plans to sign a funding package that includes just $1.4 billion for border security.
    Source (Fox News)
    Interested to see what definitions survive the courts. No doubt the Dems will be taking notes on how to utilize this power on blocked climate or gun policies.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Interested to see what definitions survive the courts. No doubt the Dems will be taking notes on how to utilize this power on blocked climate or gun policies.
    It might work on the climate issue. It won't on the constitutionally protected gun issues, unless the courts change the constitution again.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Bad. The next Democrat president will declare a "national emergency" over global warming, gun violence, healthcare, and whatever else is on their wishlist.

Blog Entries

Let them try.....

The second amendment is a constitutional right

Defending our borders is a constitutional mandate.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Although Trump could have had a cold heart like the democrats and just signed the bill and put all future murders, rapes and thefts by illegal foreigners to the democrats who refuse to defend our borders.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Bad. The next Democrat president will declare a "national emergency" over global warming, gun violence, healthcare, and whatever else is on their wishlist.
    It is an eyeopener concerning how the President is taking charge to "protect" the USA which includes "legal" citizens, from illegals and all the Dems can reply with, is a threat about how they will oppress the USA through their healthcare, gun control, etc.

Honestly, as more time goes by, we see that liberals are more a threat to this country and that the wall will be preventing liberals from HELPING illegals who remain outside the wall, WHILE they oppress legal citizens who are inside the wall.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    It is an eyeopener concerning how the President is taking charge to "protect" the USA which includes "legal" citizens, from illegals and all the Dems can reply with, is a threat about how they will oppress the USA through their healthcare, gun control, etc.

Honestly, as more time goes by, we see that liberals are more a threat to this country and that the wall will be preventing liberals from HELPING illegals who remain outside the wall, WHILE they oppress legal citizens who are inside the wall.
    Yeah, that's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    You're 100% correct, of course. But that will be their response nonetheless.
    Also true. Not certain how to proceed from here though.

We should go back to federalism, as outlined in the constitution and federalist papers. Barring that, it may be about time that we broke up as a nation.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

You mean like they did with DACA? I don't see much difference. Neither party really follows the constitution much anymore, and the democrats flat out hate the document anyway (especially the 1st, 2nd and 10th amendments).
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    You mean like they did with DACA?
    NEA was not invoked to implement DACA.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Blog Entries

No, it was just dictated upon us.

There were no citizens during the Obama administration, just subjects

As I said in my original post... "I don't see much difference".

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No, it was just dictated upon us.
    New law without congressional approval. But hey, who cares about the constitution on the left anymore? It can mean whatever 5 judges want it to mean.
    NASU

Thread Information