Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump declares national emergency on border

Re: Trump declares national emergency on border

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    They vote against walls now because they know they are very effective. They always have been.

I read some interesting stats today. I was shocked! Only 58% of the detainees (i.e. illegal immigrants that are detained at the border for being here illegally) have no criminal record. 20% of them have felonies. That's an incredible number! I was just shocked. I aways thought Trump was using exageration to make a point. But now I see it is also about the criminal element that he has warned us about.

I got the stats from this pro-illegal immigrant opinion piece in the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/o...rants-ice.html
    I don't think those detainees are just those picked up at the border but include those picked up in various places of the US. So I'd expect a bit of a higher number of detainees to have records of some kind because that's why they likely got picked up for something and found to be illegal immigrants. The bigger question is what percentage of the total amount of illegals in the US that have a record of some kind. I suspect it would be vastly less.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    I don't think those detainees are just those picked up at the border but include those picked up in various places of the US. So I'd expect a bit of a higher number of detainees to have records of some kind because that's why they likely got picked up for something and found to be illegal immigrants. The bigger question is what percentage of the total amount of illegals in the US that have a record of some kind. I suspect it would be vastly less.
    By definition, illegals will automatically have a record, BECAUSE they are breaking the law.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    NYT's statistic also deals with asylum seekers, IOW all forms of immigrants who see a detention facility. They say: "None of the handful of deportees who were found guilty of more serious crimes had languished in immigration detention. They had been summarily deported after serving time in federal prison." So that 58% with a "clean record" excludes people with only minor traffic infractions. The article really says nothing about the immigrants and crime, but is making the argument to Dems that the people who see detention facilities specifically are rarely ever bad people and so shouldn't be restricted further. Strange citation to make in favor of a wall, but here we are.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    They vote against walls now because they know they are very effective. They always have been.

I read some interesting stats today. I was shocked! Only 58% of the detainees (i.e. illegal immigrants that are detained at the border for being here illegally) have no criminal record. 20% of them have felonies. That's an incredible number! I was just shocked. I aways thought Trump was using exageration to make a point. But now I see it is also about the criminal element that he has warned us about.

I got the stats from this pro-illegal immigrant opinion piece in the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/o...rants-ice.html
    I expect the ratio of "bad guys" to be higher among detained illegal immigrants for the simple reason that they are not people who respect borders. They are not "moral people." They may not be hardened criminals, like rapists, murderers, gang members, etc. but a good number are likely to be thieves, burglars, and those who have little qualm about drinking while driving.

At any rate, we need an apparatus to catch the really bad guys, no matter how few they may be. We need to catch serious drug dealers and sex traffickers who slip through a porous border. Do we really want this in our country? Is it worth it, to endanger our country and to harm our citizens, just to get political power? I don't think so!

In all my years I've not seen a political Left act so insane! It makes me think McCarthyism may not have been that far off! (Just kidding folks!).

Thread Information