Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel 37 fulfilled?

Ezekiel 37 fulfilled?

Many commentators say that the dry bones raising to life was simply symbolic imagery of Israel’s return from captivity in Babylon.
    But there’s a few problems I have with that, because the events that happened in the return from Babylonian captivity didn’t fulfill all of Ezekiel 37.
    For starters, only a very small portion of Jews actually returned , most of the others stayed in the nations that they were. The book of Esther shows the Jews were still scattered abroad, the NT also shows that the Jews were still scattered across the world.
    Other reason, the 12 tribes weren’t untited, they didn’t receive a davidic king ( Zerubbabel wasn’t a king), they didn’t receive the Holy Spirit, and they didn’t dwell in safety.
    Wouldn’t it be better to interpret The dry bones raising as the 1st resurrection when the righteous will inherit Jerusalem and the world? Much of Ezekiel 37 was fulfilled in the 1st advent of Christ, but part of it won’t be fulfilled until he returns

Blog Entries

Re: Ezekiel 37 fulfilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Proclaiming_Yahuwshuwa View Post
    Many commentators say that the dry bones raising to life was simply symbolic imagery of Israel’s return from captivity in Babylon.
    But there’s a few problems I have with that, because the events that happened in the return from Babylonian captivity didn’t fulfill all of Ezekiel 37.
    For starters, only a very small portion of Jews actually returned , most of the others stayed in the nations that they were. The book of Esther shows the Jews were still scattered abroad, the NT also shows that the Jews were still scattered across the world.
    Other reason, the 12 tribes weren’t untited, they didn’t receive a davidic king ( Zerubbabel wasn’t a king), they didn’t receive the Holy Spirit, and they didn’t dwell in safety.
    Wouldn’t it be better to interpret The dry bones raising as the 1st resurrection when the righteous will inherit Jerusalem and the world? Much of Ezekiel 37 was fulfilled in the 1st advent of Christ, but part of it won’t be fulfilled until he returns
    Some suggest that, others suggest it is about the church.
    Personally I see it as LITERALLY about the resurrection of the dead as also mentioned in Dan 12 and Rev 20.
    I also see it as a SYMBOLIC picture of what God was going to do with the people of Israel.

When it says “ these bones are the whole house of Israel” I also see the church not only Israel according to the flesh, because the gentiles are grafted INTO Israel.
    Can you clarify what you mean on the last section about the symbolic picture

FWIW, in my view, it is not the church "graft INTO ISRAEL" that "the olive tree" represents (Rom11). Instead, it represents "God's governmental ways upon the earth" and it is "Gentiles" who are grafted in, Israel is the natural "branches" (not "tree" proper). IOW, this isn't a picture of the Jews and Gentiles in "ONE BODY" being depicted in Rom11 (chpts 9-11 concern "nations"... both "Israel [singular nation]" and "the Gentiles [plural nations]" and "God's governmental ways upon the earth" in this; Mistaking this is how Arminianists come up with their [faulty] "lose your salvation" doctrine, and Calvinists [equally wrong here] must change the context mid-stream in order to stay consistent with their own [flawed] doctrine).

Just my two cents. = l

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    FWIW, in my view, it is not the church "graft INTO ISRAEL" that "the olive tree" represents (Rom11). Instead, it represents "God's governmental ways upon the earth" and it is "Gentiles" who are grafted in, Israel is the natural "branches" (not "tree" proper). IOW, this isn't a picture of the Jews and Gentiles in "ONE BODY" being depicted in Rom11 (chpts 9-11 concern "nations"... both "Israel [singular nation]" and "the Gentiles [plural nations]" and "God's governmental ways upon the earth" in this; Mistaking this is how Arminianists come up with their [faulty] "lose your salvation" doctrine, and Calvinists [equally wrong here] must change the context mid-stream in order to stay consistent with their own [flawed] doctrine).

Just my two cents. = l
    Didn’t I say the gentiles grafted into Israel?

^ Where you'd said, "I see the church not only Israel..." (I took that to be a part of your sentence as a whole, and this is where I differ).

Blog Entries

When it says “ these bones are the whole house of Israel” I also see the church not only Israel according to the flesh, because the gentiles are grafted INTO Israel.
    Can you clarify what you mean on the last section about the symbolic picture
    The church is NOT grafted into Israel. We are grafted into the Olive Tree. This is the SAME picture as being IN The Vine, which is Jesus.
    We are branches, just as Israel is branches.

[couldn't EDIT]… IOW, I'm saying the Church which is His body isn't graft "into Israel" (Ephesians 1-2 isn't making this point).

^ Where you'd said, "I see the church not only Israel..." (I took that to be a part of your sentence as a whole, and this is where I differ).
    I don’t see church and Israel as too separate entities. Church is a bad translation which means congregation/assembly. The church is a set apart congregation consisting of both Jews and gentiles. The gentiles were grafted into the congregation of Israel, while the unbelieving Jews were cut off.

[sorry for the repeated EDITING] … and I do not believe "the olive tree" is "Jesus" either, but instead is "God's governmental ways upon the earth"

[sorry for the repeated EDITING] … and I do not believe "the olive tree" is "Jesus" either, but instead is "God's governmental ways upon the earth"
    Sorry but your just confusing me now, your arguing against a bunch of things no one even brought up.
    I never said the church is grafted into Israel nor did I say the olive tree is Jesus...

I believe "the Church which is His body" (which is what *I* am referring to here) is referred to in Ephesians 1:20-23 and its reference to "WHEN" [even if that Grk word is not in the text, the overall idea is present both there, and in the context, as well as in other passages]

Blog Entries

Weird idea, I have no idea how you can see the Olive Tree as "God's governmental ways" as we are grafted into the Olive Tree which would mean we are in God's governmental ways on earth!?!
    Doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.
    The Olive Tree is God's Kingdom, with the Root (or Trunk) being Jesus, and the branches being Israel, but many are broken off, and we are grafted in.

Blog Entries

I don’t see church and Israel as too separate entities. Church is a bad translation which means congregation/assembly. The church is a set apart congregation consisting of both Jews and gentiles. The gentiles were grafted into the congregation of Israel, while the unbelieving Jews were cut off.
    We are a congregation, but we are NOT a congregation of Israel.
    We are sheep of one fold, and those of Israel are sheep of another fold.
    We will be of one fold in the FUTURE, when there is neither Jew nor Greek etc.

I'm saying that Ephesians 1-2 is not making the point that we are grafted into Israel (and that this is not the point of Romans 11 either).

When you had written "I see the church" (I read you to mean, "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" [Ephesians 1:20-23 "WHEN" (concept)] rather than "the church in the wilderness" Acts 7, or the "assembly" in Acts 19 [tho same Grk word, neither then same group])

sorry, I cannot edit

Thread Information