Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you know it will be God's sacrifice which shall cease in Dan 9:27

Blog Entries

Did you know it will be God's sacrifice which shall cease in Dan 9:27

Dan 9
    27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Most think the sacrifice which ceases is of the AC. However the sacrifice the AC ceases is the "daily" sacrifice. The sacrifice mentioned above is different.

God's end time sacrifice

Isaiah 34
    34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
    2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
    3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
    4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
    5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
    6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
    7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
    8 For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Why does God have a sacrifice

Now the sacrifice will be both for the fowls but also for those called to the wedding Feast. The sacrifice is to supply the feast wherein all shall eat.

Rev 19
    17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Rev 19
    8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
    9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

God's will cease his own sacrifice

Why? So that flesh will be saved. Regardless of that meaning the days will be shortened which equals to the sacrifice ceasing.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
    16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
    17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
    21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened

Note also the reference to the AOD which we see in Dan 27:9 as well.

Understanding Dan 9:27

Dan 9B
    27 And he shall confirm the ABRAHAMIC covenant with many 144,000 for one week TABERNACLES: and in the midst of the week he GOD shall cause the HIS OWN sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations OF THE BEAST he GOD shall make it THE WORLD desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined JUDGEMENT shall be poured VIALS upon the desolate.

Blog Entries

Re: Did you know it will be God's sacrifice which shall cease in Dan 9:27

I understand Daniel 9:27 like this:
    The prince, [the leader of the One world Government] will make a firm league, [a peace treaty] with the many, [the majority of the Christian peoples, then occupying all of the holy Land; Isaiah 62:1-5] for one of the seventy 'weeks', but with one half spent, [the first 3 1/2 years will be peaceful] he will put a stop to the sacrifice and offerings. [in the new Temple of God in Jerusalem, built by the Lord's people; Zechariah 6:15]
    And following this abomination, he will perpetrate the desolation, [he will sit in the holy of holies, declaring himself to be god. 2 Thess 2:4] Then in the end, [after the full 7 years. the final 1260 days] what has been decreed will be poured out. [the battle of Armageddon, Revelation 16:13-14 & 19:17-21]
    At the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.

The 'many' are all those who agree the this treaty and they will have to remain in the holy Land during the final 3 1/2 years, Revelation 12:17, which will be the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls. Those who rejected that treaty, Daniel 11:32, will be taken to a place of safety. Revelation 12:14

Well, the text fo Daniel 9:27 says that he is confirming the covenant. Gabriel already stated that these 70 weeks are allocated for Daniel's people, the Hebrews. That then would suggest that the covenant that this guy in V27 is confirming is the Abrahamic Covenant or Sinai Covenant. Quite possibly both are in view. The first is the allocation of the land to the Hebrew people including Jerusalem. The latter establishing them as a national identity.

But at the mid point of the week, he then annuls the covenant and establishes himself as God.

It might all be just that simple. God sometimes uses the simple to confound the wise. We all can tend to overthink the text and come up with a lot of wild ideas when the plain, simple meaning of the text along with following basic grammatical and hermeneutical principles results in the best answer. I believe that Occam's Razor applies more that we care to admit.
    Israel.... the Believer's insurance policy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Well, the text fo Daniel 9:27 says that he is confirming the covenant. Gabriel already stated that these 70 weeks are allocated for Daniel's people, the Hebrews. That then would suggest that the covenant that this guy in V27 is confirming is the Abrahamic Covenant or Sinai Covenant. Quite possibly both are in view. The first is the allocation of the land to the Hebrew people including Jerusalem. The latter establishing them as a national identity.

But at the mid point of the week, he then annuls the covenant and establishes himself as God.

It might all be just that simple. God sometimes uses the simple to confound the wise. We all can tend to overthink the text and come up with a lot of wild ideas when the plain, simple meaning of the text along with following basic grammatical and hermeneutical principles results in the best answer. I believe that Occam's Razor applies more that we care to admit.
    But, Dan. 9:27 actually says And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one seven ... , so this is neither of the Covenants God made with Israel, hence a new different false if you will covenant. Please note the words of the Lord Jesus which He says in John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive .

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    But, Dan. 9:27 actually says And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one seven ... , so this is neither of the Covenants God made with Israel, hence a new different — false if you will — covenant. Please note the words of the Lord Jesus which He says in John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive .

Aristarkos
    4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:

Verse 4 and 27 speak of the SAME covenant. Why would Daniel introduce another covenant? And for that translation you quote you need to put that back on the shelf.

The entire prophesy has NOTHING to do with another covenant nor people. It is concerning Israel. Daniel is pleading with God not to forgo his people due to their iniquity but to remember the covenant he had made with them. In verse 27 we see GOD will confirm this covenant.

This should be rather straight forward understanding, but many called scholars neglect the entire first part of the chapter....amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Well, the text fo Daniel 9:27 says that he is confirming the covenant.
    HELLO......

Gabriel already stated that these 70 weeks are allocated for Daniel's people, the Hebrews.
    HELLO

That then would suggest that the covenant that this guy in V27 is confirming is the Abrahamic Covenant or Sinai Covenant.
    HELLO

Given the first three statements to be true then how do you state the above? The he is consistent. So if it is he who confirms the covenant than it is he would annul it.

HOWEVER where in the text do you see the covenant is annulled? Thus the AC is not involved here. A sacrifice ceases read my OP.

and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease

Blog Entries

It is sacrifice TO God, NOT God's sacrifice.
    God does NOT make a Daily offering, but the Jews did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    It is sacrifice TO God, NOT God's sacrifice.
    God does NOT make a Daily offering, but the Jews did.
    This is different sacrifice than the "daily" sacrifice ceased by the AC or performed by the Jews.

6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the Lord hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

How do you think the tables are full for the feast? The Lord hath an end time sacrifice.

Rev 19
    17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Rev 19
    8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
    9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:

Verse 4 and 27 speak of the SAME covenant. Why would Daniel introduce another covenant? And for that translation you quote you need to put that back on the shelf.

The entire prophesy has NOTHING to do with another covenant nor people. It is concerning Israel. Daniel is pleading with God not to forgo his people due to their iniquity but to remember the covenant he had made with them. In verse 27 we see GOD will confirm this covenant.

This should be rather straight forward understanding, but many called scholars neglect the entire first part of the chapter....amazing.
    And what makes you conclude these are the same covenants? They both speak about a covenant and that's about it. Daniel didn't introduce another covenant, but he who comes in his own name, in other words the Beast, or antichrist.

You clearly do not sea it, which is indeed amazing.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

This is different sacrifice than the "daily" sacrifice ceased by the AC or performed by the Jews.
    Why do you claim that?
    Dan 9 doesn't support such a claim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Why do you claim that?
    Six times sacrifice is used in Dan. Five of the six are prefaced by the word "daily". The verses which denoted "daily" sacrifice are clearly pertaining to the Beast and him taking doing away with it. There is one verse which does not is in Dan 9.

Furthermore, the "he" in the text needs to be constant noun. Thus the one which confirms the covenant is the same which causes the sacrifice to cease. God confirms the covenant to Israel in which was Daniel's prayer in the first part of the chapter. In addition, even if you wrongly conclude the AC signs some peace treaty and make the AC the constant noun you then have the AC making it desolate due to his own abominations?

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,"

Then as shown the "he" being God though out the verse there is a sacrifice from God which culminates in his return and the end of the 70 weeks whereby there is a Feast celebrating the wedding.

Dan 9 doesn't support such a claim.
    When studied without previous bias towards the text the evidence is clear.

Blog Entries

And what makes you conclude these are the same covenants?
    In your own words..."They both speak about a covenant"

With no other mention or introduction of any other covenant, agreement ect. this should be proper interpretation to conclude they are the same. Daniel was concerned about the covenant promised by God and that they were going to blow it due to their iniquities. God showed Daniel that there will be a future time wherein he will confirm his promise to Israel.

There should be no doubt of this connection. Again amazing. I will include my response to FHG.

Six times sacrifice is used in Dan. Five of the six are prefaced by the word "daily". The verses which denoted "daily" sacrifice are clearly pertaining to the Beast and him taking doing away with it. There is one verse which does not is in Dan 9.

Furthermore, the "he" in the text needs to be constant noun. Thus the one which confirms the covenant is the same which causes the sacrifice to cease. God confirms the covenant to Israel in which was Daniel's prayer in the first part of the chapter. In addition, even if you wrongly conclude the AC signs some peace treaty and make the AC the constant noun you then have the AC making it desolate due to his own abominations?

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,"

Then as shown the "he" being God though out the verse there is a sacrifice from God which culminates in his return and the end of the 70 weeks whereby there is a Feast celebrating the wedding.

You clearly do not sea it, which is indeed amazing.
    I did see it for a time until I truly studied the text and saw it was a lie.

Blog Entries

In your own words..."They both speak about a covenant"

With no other mention or introduction of any other covenant, agreement ect. this should be proper interpretation to conclude they are the same. Daniel was concerned about the covenant promised by God and that they were going to blow it due to their iniquities. God showed Daniel that there will be a future time wherein he will confirm his promise to Israel.
    ? So the covenant in v. 27 is a covenant of God? So with your truth , you dismiss the original inspired text and give your own opinion and we have to swallow that, no questions asked?

There should be no doubt of this connection. Again amazing.
    Yes it's truly amazing, you'd better did some study of: 1. The structures used. 2. The Hebrew language used. I'll post the structure of this part of Scripture here:

As you can see the covenant is made by the coming prince, not God. The covenant God made with Israel is already made a long time ago, it is what Christ shed his blood for among other things, this one is made right then, in the last seven of Daniel.

Again, the Hebrew in Dan. 9:27 actually says And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one seven ... , the he is the coming prince i.e. the antichrist.

[...]

I did see it for a time until I truly studied the text and saw it was a lie.
    Well, you saw it wrong.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

? So the covenant in v. 27 is a covenant of God?
    It is a covenant from God.

The structures used. 2. The Hebrew language used. I'll post the structure of this part of Scripture here:

As you can see the covenant is made by the coming prince, not God.
    Clear as mud. Your taking the Translation of the NAS which is very different than the KJV. The Hebrew word "Gabar" actually does not mean to confirm or to make but strong and or mighty. The translators (men) either made it to mean "to confirm" and or "to make". Taking in consideration of all the text in Daniel 9 those of the later translation NAS errored.

In addition, another error by the NAS is the translation of the Hebrew word Kanaph which they translate as "wing". That would be fine but there is no feathered fowl in the picture. They also translate this word as "covers" as well. But one error lead to another so to match and align with the AC bias they used "wing" and not "covers" which then would lead to match KJV interpretation of overspreading ie covered. ie skirt garment

it is what Christ shed his blood for among other things, this one is made right then, in the last seven of Daniel.
    The text has nothing to do with the first advent and or the church. Unfortunately you are using an inaccurate rendering of the text which is leading you to inaccurate conclusions.

Again, the Hebrew in Dan. 9:27 actually says And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one seven ... , the he is the coming prince i.e. the antichrist.
    In the NAS translation not the KJV.

Blog Entries

It is a covenant from God.

[...]

In the NAS translation not the KJV.
    No in the Hebrew which is neither NAS nor KJV, but you can believe all you like, let the reader decide.

Aristarkos

Thread Information