Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thanks to the SSM ruling, your mother, sister or wife can be drafted

Re: Thanks to the SSM ruling, your mother, sister or wife can be drafted

A lot of this about new roles for women may have a lot to do with the fact women are having less children, if any at all. This used to be a full time job. But when children are reduced to two or less, and the public schools basically assume the job of raising them, women have to wonder if their job is to raise children or to make money?

And when women have no children at all, or are divorced, they wonder why they should be prohibited from doing many jobs that men have traditionally done, including serving in the military? Biblically, women were left behind in battles to take care of the children. But if there are little or no children to care for, why wouldn't they serve in some capacity in the military?

Regardless, women still were not used in battle, in the Bible. It may have to do with the technology of the age, which relied more on physical strength. Men have the edge there, and it wouldn't be fair to put women in that position, competing against an unfair advantage that men have.

It is clear that God let women do battle, when it was necessary, eg the incident with the "tent peg." The primary use of women, however, was not for combat.

If women want to serve in the military, I don't see why they should be prevented from doing so? But it does not always seem wise.

I can honestly say that after my daughter spent time in the military it was not always a good experience for her, since the ratio of men to women is bad. But if we're going to have a professional army at all, I think it's a good thing to mirror society, having both men and women.

Blog Entries

According to AOC, children are a threat to her idol, Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    According to AOC, children are a threat to her idol, Mother Nature
    What God considers a gift, others consider a curse. Amazing how far we have fallen.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    What God considers a gift, others consider a curse. Amazing how far we have fallen.
    “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.”

Thread Information