Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to the SSM ruling, your mother, sister or wife can be drafted

Thanks to the SSM ruling, your mother, sister or wife can be drafted

So the fallout from the SS marriage ruling continues. Now women are eligible for the draft in the USA. Your mother, sister, or wife could be drafted if the draft comes back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...al/2968872002/

There will continue to be more fallout in the future, until the ruling is corrected and the constitution followed.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Re: Thanks to the SSM ruling, your mother, sister or wife can be drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    So the fallout from the SS marriage ruling continues. Now women are eligible for the draft in the USA. Your mother, sister, or wife could be drafted if the draft comes back.

There will continue to be more fallout in the future, until the ruling is corrected and the constitution followed.
    What is wrong with women being eligible for a draft in your opinion?
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    What is wrong with women being eligible for a draft in your opinion?
    You donít believe the Biblical concept that man and woman are created equal but ordained to carry out specific roles?

Blog Entries

Women already serve in the military, so opposition on "the idea" of women being soldiers is irrelevant.

The real issue is with efficiency in filtering physically apt people for infantry roles specifically, and filling them would probably be the point of enacting a draft in the first place. But there are other combat positions that women statistically perform equal to men. So I'm not against the philosophy of this decision, but I'd imagine the process would need to be streamlined.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    The real issue is with efficiency in filtering physically apt people for infantry roles specifically, and filling them would probably be the point of enacting a draft in the first place. But there are other combat positions that women statistically perform equal to men. So I'm not against the philosophy of this decision, but I'd imagine the process would need to be streamlined.
    This is my feeling as well.
    ".....it's your nickel"

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I didn't read the article yet. My impulsive thought... the glass ceiling is shattered but how many woman who fought for the breaking, will try to put this part back together
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Women already serve in the military, so opposition on "the idea" of women being soldiers is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    This is my feeling as well.
    Big difference between allowing women to serve in the military and drafting a woman against her will. I am against the philosphy of the decision to draft women. There's a big difference in drafting and allowing.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    You don’t believe the Biblical concept that man and woman are created equal but ordained to carry out specific roles?
    Equal doesn't mean sameness and never has; though some today want to push that idea.
    NASU

Big difference between allowing women to serve in the military and drafting a woman against her will. I am against the philosphy of the decision to draft women. There's a big difference in drafting and allowing.
    I couldn't agree more, and this is my thought. Men and Women were made different, although equal and compatible. But they were given distinct roles, which God Himself indicated should not be confused, in some respects.

For example, in the matter of sexuality, men and women should not abandon normal marital relations and turn to homosexuality, just as they shouldn't turn to bestiality. There are differences, and we should not ignore and rebel against the Creator.

So it is with the matter that only Women can bear children. That's why they shouldn't be drafted, due to their importance in sustaining the family. You take a Man out, and the Woman can produce more Men. You take the Woman out, and reproduction ends. Obviously, if enough Women are left out of the draft, there will be enough Women to maintain the population needs.

Women can certainly be offered a choice to serve in the military, even in physical positions. Women Athletics, if showing nothing else, has proven that when given the chance Women are equal to Men in many respects. Depending on their individual gifts, some are great athletes and physically capable, while some are better suited to less-physical tasks. This is the same with Men.

If we look to the Scriptures, we see men engaging in war, and not women, unless I'm mistaken? This must mean something, from God's pov?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    If we look to the Scriptures, we see men engaging in war, and not women, unless I'm mistaken? This must mean something, from God's pov?
    This is correct. Even with the judge Debra, she sought out a man to go to war. He wanted to hide behind her and thus, a woman was granted the right to kill the enemy leader. This man still made the Hebrews 11 hall of faith though.

Here's an interesting verse from the scriptures:

Duet 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

The word "pertaineth" there can mean dress (i.e. clothing, armor, etc.), jewelry, tool, vessel, weapon. It basically means "any apparatus" The KJV has translated this word in a lot of different ways including artillary, armour, sack, tool, instrument, jewel, psaltery, ware, weapon....

We just don't see the women doing a lot of fighting in the scriptures. However, as others have pointed out above, there's a lot of things women can do in the military and in some areas, they do it better than men do. Many women have died serving our country. I think Aviyah made a good point about infantry being more for men. But there are other areas women can and do serve.
    NASU

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with this as long as some restrictions, females with young children for example, are in place. Even the Marines started integrating platoons and have females in infantry roles.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

That I agree with totally. Some of the finest commanders I had in the military were women and I trusted my life with them. My issue was with the draft. In the circumstances and roles the US Military plays in the world, I have reservations about the protection of inductees from sexual abuse, torture, etc. Iím not sure an off the street inductee could be equipped for that and resulting PTSD as a volunteer could be. But this is just based on my own experiences working side by side with women in the military. Most of the soldier women I knew were totally committed - more so than some men. I donít know much about physical strength, I never saw that tested in my experience.

So are women capable? Yes. In combat women can be balanced, ferocious, yet merciful. In non combat, women are totally capable.

I have issues with draft though. Weíre not Israel where every breathing sole has to be ready to defend their borders.
    There are some combat positions were women outperform men, and historically too. Women seem to be suited to air combat, intelligence, crypto analysis, basically things that require attention to detail and quick response. But no one is drafted into those positions.

Equal doesn't mean sameness and never has; though some today want to push that idea.
    Correct. Equality is intrinsic.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I don't have a problem with this as long as some restrictions, females with young children for example, are in place. Even the Marines started integrating platoons and have females in infantry roles.
    Brian, did you read the article? It's not about military service for women. It's that they now will have to register with selective service just like men do. They are now eligable to be drafted. That's all women. Your daughters, at 18, will have to register. This just isn't right.
    NASU

Blog Entries

Brian, did you read the article? It's not about military service for women. It's that they now will have to register with selective service just like men do. They are now eligable to be drafted. That's all women. Your daughters, at 18, will have to register. This just isn't right.
    This isn't actually correct. The ruling was a declaratory judgment not an injunction. The government doesn't have to make any changes at all to Selective Service ( The Draft ) because of it.
    That's why no one is saying it will have to go to the Supreme Court. Even the lawyer for the group who brought this to court admitted that it's nothing but a symbolic gesture.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    This isn't actually correct. The ruling was a declaratory judgment not an injunction. The government doesn't have to make any changes at all to Selective Service ( The Draft ) because of it.
    That's why no one is saying it will have to go to the Supreme Court. Even the lawyer for the group who brought this to court admitted that it's nothing but a symbolic gesture.
    That's not totally accurate. It means the judge didn't tell the government how to make changes to make it constitutional. And the lawyer said that it was somewhat symbolic, but also stated that they needed to get rid of the draft completely, or include women. Leaving women out of the draft has been ruled unconstitutional on the basis of the SSM.

The judge denied the government's request for a stay of the ruling. Justice Department officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

But the ruling came in the form of a declaratory judgment and not an injunction, meaning the court didn't specifically order the government how to change Selective Service to make it constitutional.

"Yes, to some extent this is symbolic, but it does have some real-world impact," said Marc Angelucci, the lawyer for the men challenging the Selective Service System. "Either they need to get rid of the draft registration, or they need to require women to do the same thing that men do."
    It bothered the government enough that they requested he stay the issue till after their studies were completed. The SSM ruling will have far more implications going forward. Few of them likely will be good.
    NASU

Thread Information