Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What will we look like?

Re: What will we look like?

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post

Overcomers will be glorified:

1Pe_4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1Pe_5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

That is a royal glorification. Compare to this:

Heb_2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
    Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
    Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
    Don't they have different meanings to you? I mean a crown of glory to me is not the same thing as being glorified. Glorified to me means it is part of your being, it is who you are. Glory upon someone is part of their (God's) being upon someone or something..if that makes any sense.

They represent different things to me. Glory is something of God “upon” and glorified is part of your being the essence of you. So they mean different things to me. The word glorified is not used for people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    I mean a crown of glory to me is not the same thing as being glorified.
    It is the same thing. Saved ppl receive glory which means glorified. Crowns of glory makes that even clearer.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

It is the same thing. Saved ppl receive glory which means glorified. Crowns of glory makes that even clearer.
    I don't know, I see it different...Glory is part of God's own self, the essence of.:

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Why then this:
    John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus already had “glory” given him, so they are different to me
    John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Randy
    I really still am not getting your theory here.

Even after I presented the I Corinthians 15 passages; that distinctly show there is a before and after representation of the resurrection.

Let me ask in more clear words.

It is of your view, that Jesus on Easter morning, was raised, recussitated, returned to normal mortal (albeit healed) life. (similar to Jairus Daughter, the Shumanite woman's son, Lazarus, Dorkas, etc...)?

Is that what you are trying to say?

And that Jesus did not received His 1 Corinthians 15 depicted resurrection body (immortal, incorruptible, etc) while Jesus was physically upon the Earth.

(You believe He received it later, after the ascension, while in Heaven).

Is that the correct summation of your view?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! I know it sounds a bit weird, but I explained how I arrived at this conclusion above. I was asking myself, Why exactly do we have to be *caught up to heaven* at the 2nd Coming? Why can't we just, like Jesus, be raised from the dead and put on new immortal bodies?

And then I realized that we, at the "Rapture," go through the same process that Jesus went through after his resurrection. We have to ascend to receive, directly from God, new immortal bodies.

Jesus told Mary not to "retain him," since he had to complete our salvation by putting on his new immortal body, providing us with the basis of our own hope for the same.

Jesus had to ascend to heaven, to receive directly from his Father, a new immortal body befitting a divine Son of God. He therefore sat in heaven with God on His right hand.

But when we ascend into heaven, to receive our new immortal bodies, befitting our place as children of God, we receive our new bodies directly from Jesus in heaven, before he returns to earth. It just seems to be the way God designed it, to show that we must receive new bodies before descending from heaven with Christ.

Thanks for asking! I'm not at all sure I'm right. I'd just like an honest biblical consideration of this notion?

Blog Entries

I think we will look like we were intended to before the fall. Everything that was broken by sin will be fixed, basically.

Heaven must take Him in until the time comes for the restoration of all things, which God announced long ago through His holy prophets. (Acts 3) The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8)

My take on the images of this we are given is pure symbolism - they represent spiritual things such as love, peace, righteousness, etc. rather than physical descriptions. For example, I do not believe we will be wearing literal white robes for eternity or that we will live in a golden cube. It will be similar to what we see today, but restored without the death and destruction or thorns, diseases, and birth pains that came from Adam.

I think we will look like we were intended to before the fall. Everything that was broken by sin will be fixed, basically.

Heaven must take Him in until the time comes for the restoration of all things, which God announced long ago through His holy prophets. (Acts 3) The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8)

My take on the images of this we are given is pure symbolism - they represent spiritual things such as love, peace, righteousness, etc. rather than physical descriptions. For example, I do not believe we will be wearing literal white robes for eternity or that we will live in a golden cube. It will be similar to what we see today, but restored without the death and destruction or thorns, diseases, and birth pains that came from Adam.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    That makes sense, but we must admit, God designed Man for procreation, to fill the earth with people. That obviously is only a temporary design. Once the earth is full, there is no longer any need for procreation. What would we look like then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    That makes sense, but we must admit, God designed Man for procreation, to fill the earth with people. That obviously is only a temporary design. Once the earth is full, there is no longer any need for procreation. What would we look like then?
    I don't believe "male and female" will be destroyed; it will be restored along with the rest of creation.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! I know it sounds a bit weird, but I explained how I arrived at this conclusion above. I was asking myself, Why exactly do we have to be *caught up to heaven* at the 2nd Coming? Why can't we just, like Jesus, be raised from the dead and put on new immortal bodies?

And then I realized that we, at the "Rapture," go through the same process that Jesus went through after his resurrection. We have to ascend to receive, directly from God, new immortal bodies.

Jesus told Mary not to "retain him," since he had to complete our salvation by putting on his new immortal body, providing us with the basis of our own hope for the same.

Jesus had to ascend to heaven, to receive directly from his Father, a new immortal body befitting a divine Son of God. He therefore sat in heaven with God on His right hand.

But when we ascend into heaven, to receive our new immortal bodies, befitting our place as children of God, we receive our new bodies directly from Jesus in heaven, before he returns to earth. It just seems to be the way God designed it, to show that we must receive new bodies before descending from heaven with Christ.

Thanks for asking! I'm not at all sure I'm right. I'd just like an honest biblical consideration of this notion?

Ok, how would you address these passages (assuming the common premill second-advent interpretation); that depict Christ still bearing the marks of His crucifixion, even after the ascension, and after your theory of heavenly-final-body reception (for lack of a better term).

Zechariah 12:9 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."

Zedchariah 13:6 "And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Next, do you see this verse 'not talking about his bodily resurrection' but rather a later heavenly post-ascension body?

I Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

If this is Jesus' resurrected golgotha body; how would that body be the firstfruits of them that sleep; seeing that regular bodily resurrection (return to mortal state) began centuries before Jesus' body, with both Elijah and Elisha examples.

If this however, is speaking of Jesus' resurrection body being his final glorified body; wouldn't that make the entire tenor of this chapter be discussing Jesus' resurrected glorified body? Not His return to a mortally asleep body?

Does it create confusion to imply that the resurrected (Golgotha) body of Christ, that all scriptures outside of I Corinthians refer to when they discuss the 'resurrection of Christ'; in this chapter now switches to a different resurrection body of Jesus' that he only received up in heaven after His ascension?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    I don't know, I see it different...Glory is part of God's own self, the essence of.
    Other scripture affirm the saved shall also receive glory.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Not according to scripture. Jesus walked out of the tomb in his new immortal body.

Cool Re: What will we look like?

Other scripture affirm the saved shall also receive glory.
    Dan. 12:3 "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

The defense rests!
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
    It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory:
    it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
    It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

I think you need to re-think your position.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    There is that pesky glory thing for overcomers again

Great verse!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I don't believe "male and female" will be destroyed; it will be restored along with the rest of creation.
    Really? Well, that's interesting. I thought Jesus said we would be like the angels--genderless?

Matt 22.30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post

I agree with those passages. Why would I need to re-think my position?

Thread Information