Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Thread: What will we look like?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,322
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 thes 4:17

    I do not think we are caught up to heaven but to the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, who is descending. We will meet him and then descend with him>
    Yes exactly! He is traveling here and the raptured merely meet him in the clouds and follow Him.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,473

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    I'm late and this has probably already been tossed back and forth in the comments, but no way do I believe that Jesus was raised back to mortality. The power of the Resurrection is unto immortality and incorruption. There is not a single verse to support the idea of a *healed* body. He would appear and disappear. That wasn't part of His earthly profile.
    It's never too late to get in your 2 cents worth, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I appreciate all the input I can get. My thought was that the scars on Jesus' body, after his resurrection, indicated he was still in his old body, resurrected but not yet glorified. That's why he told Mary not to hold onto him, or to restrain him.

    That's my thought anyway. I have no way of knowing if this is so. So I was just asking.

    It remains my belief that Jesus received his glorified body in heaven, to show us that this is what we must also do, to receive new glorified bodies. We have to be snatched up to heaven to meet Christ as he returns to earth. This way we will participate in his glorious coming. We cannot come back in reconstituted old bodies. We must come back in glorified, sinless bodies.

    When Jesus was raised from the dead, he could be raised back in his mortal body, because he had already been without sin. He was raised as he had been--sinless. But he wanted us to have entirely new bodies, because we were sinners. He didn't want us coming back as sinners in our old mortal bodies.

    So Jesus prepared for us brand new glorified bodies so that like him we would be sinless. But he had to go down that path first in order to enable us to do the same. That's how I see it anyway.

    But you're right. At this point I see little in Scriptures to help me decide if this is correct or incorrect. I need more than tradition or emotion to decide. I need Scriptures. Thanks.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,473

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 thes 4:17

    I do not think we are caught up to heaven but to the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, who is descending. We will meet him and then descend with him>
    Yes, as I said I don't need to re-think this. I already believe that. And it has little to do with the argument I've presented. Perhaps you could explain where you think this passage makes a difference in the argument?

  4. #79

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, as I said I don't need to re-think this. I already believe that. And it has little to do with the argument I've presented. Perhaps you could explain where you think this passage makes a difference in the argument?
    It means we do not go to heaven to get a new body. At the coming of Jesus those alive will not precede the dead in Christ (Precede into the kingdom of God IMHO, will not inherit the Kingdom before the dead in Christ).
    For 1 Thes 4:16 the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Cor 15:51 and first 24 words of 52 KJV In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, (the trump of God, the last trump, the seventh trump), 1 Thes 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together (Changed) with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Cor 15:53 last 5 words KJV and we shall be changed. -----------------------------

    Thus 1 Cor 15 54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. ----------Clothed in our house which is from heaven. 2 Cor 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: Verse 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

    Found by whom?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, as I said I don't need to re-think this. I already believe that. And it has little to do with the argument I've presented. Perhaps you could explain where you think this passage makes a difference in the argument?
    It means we do not go to heaven to get a new body. At the coming of Jesus those alive will not precede the dead in Christ (Precede into the kingdom of God IMHO, will not inherit the Kingdom before the dead in Christ).
    For 1 Thes 4:16 the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Cor 15:51 and first 24 words of 52 KJV In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, (the trump of God, the last trump, the seventh trump), 1 Thes 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together (Changed) with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Cor 15:53 last 5 words KJV and we shall be changed. -----------------------------

    Thus 1 Cor 15 54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. ----------Clothed in our house which is from heaven. 2 Cor 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: Verse 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

    Found by whom?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,473

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    It means we do not go to heaven to get a new body. At the coming of Jesus those alive will not precede the dead in Christ (Precede into the kingdom of God IMHO, will not inherit the Kingdom before the dead in Christ).
    For 1 Thes 4:16 the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Cor 15:51 and first 24 words of 52 KJV In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, (the trump of God, the last trump, the seventh trump), 1 Thes 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together (Changed) with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Cor 15:53 last 5 words KJV and we shall be changed. -----------------------------
    Brother, I'm just not getting it! You say we don't have to go to heaven to get new bodies. But then you quote the famous passage where all Christians--both living and dead--go to heaven to get new bodies? Where do you get the notion we don't have to go to heaven to get new bodies? This passage does not argue against that!

    Quote Originally Posted by percho
    Thus 1 Cor 15 54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. ----------Clothed in our house which is from heaven. 2 Cor 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: Verse 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
    But this passage argues for exactly what I've been saying, that we get our bodies from heaven!

    Quote Originally Posted by percho
    Found by whom?
    By anybody.

    Best I can tell, you're helping me make my argument. These passages you've cited prove that we get our bodies from the clouds, from heaven, from God. You have yet to provide a single argument against that, unless you have some different understanding of these passages than I do? If so, you need to explain where we see things differently?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,322
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    It means we do not go to heaven to get a new body.
    Except that is where the new body is and also where the dead saints are located so kinda makes sense that the new body is received in heaven for the dead while the living saints are changed on Earth before being raptured up to the clouds.

    At the coming of Jesus those alive will not precede the dead in Christ
    That literally means what it says, the living will not meet Christ before the dead do. Again, the dead are in heaven so they resurrect there and join Christ and he descends. That's why the raptured living saints can't precede the dead because the dead rise first and do so in heaven.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  7. #82

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Except that is where the new body is and also where the dead saints are located so kinda makes sense that the new body is received in heaven for the dead while the living saints are changed on Earth before being raptured up to the clouds.



    That literally means what it says, the living will not meet Christ before the dead do. Again, the dead are in heaven so they resurrect there and join Christ and he descends. That's why the raptured living saints can't precede the dead because the dead rise first and do so in heaven.
    and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, 1 Cor 15:52 The dead, What? Person, Bob, Carol, Ted, Alice, Larry, Curly Mo. Verse 35 What body does that named person come.

    Incorruptible. The very same image in which Jesus was raised. Verse's 45,46 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

    For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Rom 8:29
    And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col 1:18

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •