Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: What will we look like?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    What will we look like?

    It's been of interest to me for some time, but I'm not sure the Bible gives us any clear answers. My own belief is that Jesus was raised from the dead in his old body, essentially *healed* from death. This means he did not yet have his "glorified body." I believe the body we will all receive, as saints, is a glorified body, just as Jesus has now received a glorified body.

    When Jesus ascended into heaven he scrapped his physical, resurrected body for a new glorified body. And I'm not sure anybody really knows what this looks like? In the book of Revelation he appears in highly symbolic form, with a sword coming out of his mouth, bronze feet, etc. His face shown like the sun. This is pure symbolism, but may give us a hint at what a glorified body looks like.

    So today, I have to assume that the *only* glorified body in existence is Jesus' own body. People have been raised from the dead, but only Jesus has a glorified body. My question, therefore, is: Do you have a sense of what a glorified body will look like? Will it be physical? Will it have similar properties to what we have today? Will it be designed for work? Will it be designed to operate on a physical earth, such as we have today?

    I also have questions about what the New Earth will look like? I believe that unless the New Earth looks somewhat like the current earth, it can hardly be called an "earth" at all? It surely must have dirt and rock on it, along with bodies of water?

    And if so, surely our bodies will be designed to interact with this environment, and to produce work that brings happiness both to God and to ourselves?

    What do you think? Will we be energy stars, or will we have corporeal bodies? Will the earth be made of dirt, air, and water, or will it all be other-dimensional, and beyond the scope of human language to describe, except by symbolism? Thank you!

  2. #2

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    When Jesus ascended into heaven he scrapped his physical, resurrected body for a new glorified body.
    No, the resurrected body was the glorified body. Acts 1:11 tells us that the same body will descend from heaven when Jesus come again.

    1 Corinthians 15:42-44 spells it out: So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    No, the resurrected body was the glorified body. Acts 1:11 tells us that the same body will descend from heaven when Jesus come again.

    1 Corinthians 15:42-44 spells it out: So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
    I shouldn't think so. After Jesus was raised from the dead, he asked Mary not to detain him/hold onto him, because he was still on his way to his Father. He had yet to be glorified, ie obtain his glorified body. I thought that's why he had to ascend to heaven, to obtain his glorified body. I think that's why the Church has to go to heaven at the Rapture, so that we can obtain our glorified bodies!

    Jesus rose from the dead in the form of a normal man. Yet Jesus said our new bodies will be more akin to the angels--sexless. So I doubt the resurrection body is equal to the glorified body. Just my view...

  4. #4

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I shouldn't think so. After Jesus was raised from the dead, he asked Mary not to detain him/hold onto him
    That's not a good translation of the Greek.

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    He had yet to be glorified, ie obtain his glorified body.
    The Bible does not say that. Indeed, that contradicts 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Jesus rose from the dead in the form of a normal man.
    Not so. In His resurrection body, Jesus could do things like appear inside a locked room (John 20:19).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,982

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It's been of interest to me for some time, but I'm not sure the Bible gives us any clear answers. My own belief is that Jesus was raised from the dead in his old body, essentially *healed* from death. This means he did not yet have his "glorified body." I believe the body we will all receive, as saints, is a glorified body, just as Jesus has now received a glorified body.

    When Jesus ascended into heaven he scrapped his physical, resurrected body for a new glorified body. And I'm not sure anybody really knows what this looks like? In the book of Revelation he appears in highly symbolic form, with a sword coming out of his mouth, bronze feet, etc. His face shown like the sun. This is pure symbolism, but may give us a hint at what a glorified body looks like.

    So today, I have to assume that the *only* glorified body in existence is Jesus' own body. People have been raised from the dead, but only Jesus has a glorified body. My question, therefore, is: Do you have a sense of what a glorified body will look like? Will it be physical? Will it have similar properties to what we have today? Will it be designed for work? Will it be designed to operate on a physical earth, such as we have today?

    I also have questions about what the New Earth will look like? I believe that unless the New Earth looks somewhat like the current earth, it can hardly be called an "earth" at all? It surely must have dirt and rock on it, along with bodies of water?

    And if so, surely our bodies will be designed to interact with this environment, and to produce work that brings happiness both to God and to ourselves?

    What do you think? Will we be energy stars, or will we have corporeal bodies? Will the earth be made of dirt, air, and water, or will it all be other-dimensional, and beyond the scope of human language to describe, except by symbolism? Thank you!
    it is reasonable to assume that our Lord Jesus went through some sort of metamorphosis. Consider that Mary thought He was the gardener as they met. That night, He had to calm His disciples as He now showed supernatural abilities. Then passed 40 days in which He was able to eat with His disciples but was also able to suddenly disappear. The big change comes over the 65 years between the time John lay on His breast at the Last Supper, and fell at His feet as dead on Patmos. Here His countenance is of a Master sorely displeased with His Churches. But the greatest change is His countenance after the rebellion of Gog and Magog. Here, He ends the old earth as we know it. Just with the look of His face and His presence He burns the whole world with FIre and whatever the earth's testimony was - it was GONE!

    But as to His "glorified" body, we must turn to the Greek. The word glory does not mean some sort of shining. The result can be some sort of shining, but the Greek word means, "to make apparent". Let us examine John 7:39. "(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" Now, it does not take more than a high school English student to tell us correctly that our Lord Jesus was "glorified" in resurrection. The reasoning is simple. Our Lord Jesus arose very early in the morning. He forbids the women who met Him to touch Him. That night He appears to all except Thomas and commands them to touch Him. He then "breathes" the Holy Spirit INTO the disciples. That this caused the rebirth is clear. Our Lord Jesus says, "YOUR Father and MY Father" and "MY brethren". None of these statement could be true if the disciples were not BORN of God. God can only be your Father after birth to Him (Jn.1:12-13), and because Jehovah was the Father of Jesus, and Jesus was born of this Father, the term "my BRETHREN" means that both are born of the same Father. The end of all this is that the disciples RECEIVED "that Spirit" about 12-15 hours after Christ was resurrected and the condition for receiving the Spirit was that Christ was glorified. So Christ was GLORIFIED that day - the day He rose from the dead.

    This is where the true meaning of "glorified" comes in. Something was "made apparent". What was OBVIOUS? It was OBVIOUS that since our Lord Jesus was standing, that ALL sins had been dealt with. The wages of sin is death and Christ, if one little sin remained unaccounted for, our Lord Jesus would still be dead. His very presence among the living was God "making apparent" that all sins had been put away. Added to this, our Lord Jesus had ascended to the Father to present His blood (Heb.9:12). So another thing that was "made apparent" was that God accepted Christ's blood.

    If we are true to stick to the meaning of the word "glorified" as being "made apparent", we will have a much richer understanding of when somehing is "glorified". And, returning to the beginning, the "glory" of God and of His Christ what is "made apparent. While Jesus walked on earth He was "Veiled" by His flesh (Heb.10:20). That is why his disciples were puzzled. They observed and perceived that our Lord Jesus was very special, but they were not sure about things. Then, on the Mount of Transfiguration, the Veil is lifted and our Lord's disciples mus cringe to the floor. Our Lord Jesus allowed another facet of Himself to be "made apparent". Then, In Revelation Chapter 1 the Veil again slips and we see a Lord, Head of the Church, ANGRY at His apostate Churches. The Veil slipped again and our Lord as a dissatisfied Head is "made apparent". Then throughout Revelation we see different aspects of Christ as they are "made apparent". The last, and most glorious is that He is the Light and Life of New Jerusalem and exudes the glory of God.

    I would say that our Lord Jesus was raised in His original body. The wounds from the nails and spear were still there. He could eat and talk. But His countenance can change according to the situation and according to what He wants to "be made apparent". We have a Man, which, "... in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col.2:9). The question is, what of this magnificent God is "made apparent" in that moment?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    237

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

    Not so. In His resurrection body, Jesus could do things like appear inside a locked room (John 20:19).
    In His pre-resurrection body, Jesus could do things like, walk on water.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: What will we look like?

    Randy.
    i like how you thoughtfully post, and usually agree alot with, or at least consider in disagreement, what you write.

    However, I think in this case, you are dropping the ball into a private interpretation of your own making.

    As other's have said above, Jesus' resurrected body was His glorified body.

    I Corinthians 15 gives us very careful details that we will be raised in similar manner to how Jesus was raised; and it is that resurrection body that is our incoruptible, immortal glorified body for eternity.

    It makes it clear that as a seed dies and is buried, and then springs forth new different life in the plant that 'resurrects'; it is different, yet contains some from the original. (same as caterpillars to a degree).

    When Jesus was resurrected, it was a changed prior body, restored as you say; but more. It was the final body for Jesus forevermore.

    His old body died, was planted, changed, resurrected, and glorified on that first Easter.

    Why He didn't want Mary to cling to him, verses why he also allowed Thomas to touch him, is all conjecture.

    The idea that Jesus threw away his resurrected body, because it was just a temporary body, and the real final glorified body for Jesus was hanging in a closet up in heaven waiting for him to put it on after the ascension, just doesn't hold any water.

    Scripture gives us two views of the body; mortal, corruptible, weak, cursed, succeptible to death; and immortal, incorruptible, power, perfect, triumphant over death.

    There is no middle-temporary body mentioend for us; and Jesus surely didn't give that as an example either during his post-resurrection, pre-ascension passages.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: What will we look like?

    And one other thing too...

    We need to differentiate between the Jesus and I Corinthians resurrection 'type' (mortal to immortal, corruptible to incoruptible); against the other examples in scripture where the word 'resurrection' is used to describe a returning or resuccitation back to mortal corruptible life, destined to die again later (Lazarus, Shumanite widows son, Jairus daughter, Dorcus, etc...)

    Those inferior 'resurrection' examples; were not glorified, immortal, incorruptible like Jesus' resurrection was; nor like what ours will be like, at His return.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,691
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It's been of interest to me for some time, but I'm not sure the Bible gives us any clear answers. My own belief is that Jesus was raised from the dead in his old body, essentially *healed* from death. This means he did not yet have his "glorified body." I believe the body we will all receive, as saints, is a glorified body, just as Jesus has now received a glorified body.

    When Jesus ascended into heaven he scrapped his physical, resurrected body for a new glorified body. And I'm not sure anybody really knows what this looks like? In the book of Revelation he appears in highly symbolic form, with a sword coming out of his mouth, bronze feet, etc. His face shown like the sun. This is pure symbolism, but may give us a hint at what a glorified body looks like.

    So today, I have to assume that the *only* glorified body in existence is Jesus' own body. People have been raised from the dead, but only Jesus has a glorified body. My question, therefore, is: Do you have a sense of what a glorified body will look like? Will it be physical? Will it have similar properties to what we have today? Will it be designed for work? Will it be designed to operate on a physical earth, such as we have today?

    I also have questions about what the New Earth will look like? I believe that unless the New Earth looks somewhat like the current earth, it can hardly be called an "earth" at all? It surely must have dirt and rock on it, along with bodies of water?

    And if so, surely our bodies will be designed to interact with this environment, and to produce work that brings happiness both to God and to ourselves?

    What do you think? Will we be energy stars, or will we have corporeal bodies? Will the earth be made of dirt, air, and water, or will it all be other-dimensional, and beyond the scope of human language to describe, except by symbolism? Thank you!
    Jesus' glorified body is revealed on the mountain to the three disciples. We are made "in" His image... so I personally believe this is how/what we will be like when glorified.
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: What will we look like?

    Also....

    I John 2:28 "when He shall appear(His Epiphanea), we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at His coming(Parousia/Advent).
    Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear(Epiphanea), we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. "

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    856

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It's been of interest to me for some time, but I'm not sure the Bible gives us any clear answers. My own belief is that Jesus was raised from the dead in his old body, essentially *healed* from death. This means he did not yet have his "glorified body." I believe the body we will all receive, as saints, is a glorified body, just as Jesus has now received a glorified body.

    When Jesus ascended into heaven he scrapped his physical, resurrected body for a new glorified body. And I'm not sure anybody really knows what this looks like? In the book of Revelation he appears in highly symbolic form, with a sword coming out of his mouth, bronze feet, etc. His face shown like the sun. This is pure symbolism, but may give us a hint at what a glorified body looks like.

    So today, I have to assume that the *only* glorified body in existence is Jesus' own body. People have been raised from the dead, but only Jesus has a glorified body. My question, therefore, is: Do you have a sense of what a glorified body will look like? Will it be physical? Will it have similar properties to what we have today? Will it be designed for work? Will it be designed to operate on a physical earth, such as we have today?

    I also have questions about what the New Earth will look like? I believe that unless the New Earth looks somewhat like the current earth, it can hardly be called an "earth" at all? It surely must have dirt and rock on it, along with bodies of water?

    And if so, surely our bodies will be designed to interact with this environment, and to produce work that brings happiness both to God and to ourselves?

    What do you think? Will we be energy stars, or will we have corporeal bodies? Will the earth be made of dirt, air, and water, or will it all be other-dimensional, and beyond the scope of human language to describe, except by symbolism? Thank you!
    To me this is after Jesus went to the Father after resurrection, therefore to me glorified John 7:39. He was also in this form when He said “Receive ye the Holy Ghost”. So to me we will be like this and this is what I am expecting at His return:

    Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

    I picture the new earth to be like the garden of Eden before the fall.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    That's not a good translation of the Greek.

    The Bible does not say that. Indeed, that contradicts 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

    Not so. In His resurrection body, Jesus could do things like appear inside a locked room (John 20:19).
    Philip was translated in his visit with the eunuch, as well. And it was in his old, mortal body. You say that the translation in John 20.17 is bad. Why? Is this due to a bad interpretation, a bad translation, or simply because you have a different take on it?

    John 21.19 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

    In biblical terminology, glorification has to do with a death designed to lead to immortalization. I think your reference to 1 Cor 15 is utilizing a false dichotomy between natural body and spiritual body. When Paul distinguishes between them, he is referring not to a physical/spiritual dichotomy, but rather, to a mortal/immortal dichotomy.

    In other words, the "flesh," in the Scriptures, refers to the sinful body. The "spiritual body" refers to a physical body with the contamination of sin completely removed. Both the natural body and the spiritual body are physical bodies. Jesus specifically showed that his resurrection body was physical, not just because his old mortal body had been healed, but also to show that his future spiritual body would likewise be physical.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    it is reasonable to assume that our Lord Jesus went through some sort of metamorphosis. Consider that Mary thought He was the gardener as they met. That night, He had to calm His disciples as He now showed supernatural abilities. Then passed 40 days in which He was able to eat with His disciples but was also able to suddenly disappear. The big change comes over the 65 years between the time John lay on His breast at the Last Supper, and fell at His feet as dead on Patmos. Here His countenance is of a Master sorely displeased with His Churches. But the greatest change is His countenance after the rebellion of Gog and Magog. Here, He ends the old earth as we know it. Just with the look of His face and His presence He burns the whole world with FIre and whatever the earth's testimony was - it was GONE!
    I like how you take us through the progressions of Jesus' appearance! However, I have to reserve judgment about how much of a physical change took place after Jesus' resurrection. Sure, he went through walls, and seemed to appear anywhere at will. But then again, Lazarus was raised from the dead, and Philip was translated from one place to another in his old natural body. This doesn't require a completely new body. As far as I know, Jesus could do all of these things in his old resurrected body, completely healed after the crucifixion, and yet completely capable of doing miracles as he had done during his earthly ministry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls
    But as to His "glorified" body, we must turn to the Greek. The word glory does not mean some sort of shining. The result can be some sort of shining, but the Greek word means, "to make apparent". Let us examine John 7:39. "(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" Now, it does not take more than a high school English student to tell us correctly that our Lord Jesus was "glorified" in resurrection. The reasoning is simple. Our Lord Jesus arose very early in the morning. He forbids the women who met Him to touch Him. That night He appears to all except Thomas and commands them to touch Him. He then "breathes" the Holy Spirit INTO the disciples. That this caused the rebirth is clear. Our Lord Jesus says, "YOUR Father and MY Father" and "MY brethren". None of these statement could be true if the disciples were not BORN of God. God can only be your Father after birth to Him (Jn.1:12-13), and because Jehovah was the Father of Jesus, and Jesus was born of this Father, the term "my BRETHREN" means that both are born of the same Father. The end of all this is that the disciples RECEIVED "that Spirit" about 12-15 hours after Christ was resurrected and the condition for receiving the Spirit was that Christ was glorified. So Christ was GLORIFIED that day - the day He rose from the dead.
    Well, the question of whether "rebirth" happened at the administration of the Spirit is an interesting subject, but not relevant here. The claim that a resurrection body is a glorified body is not here proven.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls
    This is where the true meaning of "glorified" comes in. Something was "made apparent". What was OBVIOUS? It was OBVIOUS that since our Lord Jesus was standing, that ALL sins had been dealt with. The wages of sin is death and Christ, if one little sin remained unaccounted for, our Lord Jesus would still be dead. His very presence among the living was God "making apparent" that all sins had been put away. Added to this, our Lord Jesus had ascended to the Father to present His blood (Heb.9:12). So another thing that was "made apparent" was that God accepted Christ's blood.
    I don't think the *atonement* has anything to do with establishing when Jesus was actually "glorified?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls
    If we are true to stick to the meaning of the word "glorified" as being "made apparent", we will have a much richer understanding of when somehing is "glorified". And, returning to the beginning, the "glory" of God and of His Christ what is "made apparent. While Jesus walked on earth He was "Veiled" by His flesh (Heb.10:20). That is why his disciples were puzzled. They observed and perceived that our Lord Jesus was very special, but they were not sure about things. Then, on the Mount of Transfiguration, the Veil is lifted and our Lord's disciples mus cringe to the floor. Our Lord Jesus allowed another facet of Himself to be "made apparent". Then, In Revelation Chapter 1 the Veil again slips and we see a Lord, Head of the Church, ANGRY at His apostate Churches. The Veil slipped again and our Lord as a dissatisfied Head is "made apparent". Then throughout Revelation we see different aspects of Christ as they are "made apparent". The last, and most glorious is that He is the Light and Life of New Jerusalem and exudes the glory of God.

    I would say that our Lord Jesus was raised in His original body. The wounds from the nails and spear were still there. He could eat and talk. But His countenance can change according to the situation and according to what He wants to "be made apparent". We have a Man, which, "... in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col.2:9). The question is, what of this magnificent God is "made apparent" in that moment?
    I am not drawing upon what is made "apparent" about Jesus, but more, on the kind of bodies we are all promised. We are promised "glorified bodies." What are they? They are not bodies purely raised from the dead, and healed of mortal wounds. Rather, these are completely new bodies, fashioned, in some way, after our old bodies. I suspect they will look quite different from our present bodies, but believe they will be physical bodies fit for the present, physical, earth.

    1 Cor 15.50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory."

    This change isn't just a resurrection, but also a complete transformation. It takes place at the so-called "Rapture." It will be when we are "caught up to heaven." So my assumption is that after Jesus' resurrection he also had to be *caught up to heaven,* to receive his new glorified body?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Randy.
    i like how you thoughtfully post, and usually agree alot with, or at least consider in disagreement, what you write.

    However, I think in this case, you are dropping the ball into a private interpretation of your own making.

    As other's have said above, Jesus' resurrected body was His glorified body.

    I Corinthians 15 gives us very careful details that we will be raised in similar manner to how Jesus was raised; and it is that resurrection body that is our incoruptible, immortal glorified body for eternity.

    It makes it clear that as a seed dies and is buried, and then springs forth new different life in the plant that 'resurrects'; it is different, yet contains some from the original. (same as caterpillars to a degree).

    When Jesus was resurrected, it was a changed prior body, restored as you say; but more. It was the final body for Jesus forevermore.

    His old body died, was planted, changed, resurrected, and glorified on that first Easter.

    Why He didn't want Mary to cling to him, verses why he also allowed Thomas to touch him, is all conjecture.

    The idea that Jesus threw away his resurrected body, because it was just a temporary body, and the real final glorified body for Jesus was hanging in a closet up in heaven waiting for him to put it on after the ascension, just doesn't hold any water.

    Scripture gives us two views of the body; mortal, corruptible, weak, cursed, succeptible to death; and immortal, incorruptible, power, perfect, triumphant over death.

    There is no middle-temporary body mentioend for us; and Jesus surely didn't give that as an example either during his post-resurrection, pre-ascension passages.
    Well, there's lots of excellent things you say, as well, and whether I agree or not, I usually recognize the thought put into your beliefs. This is a debatable subject, and I introduce it out of personal interest. I have an open mind.

    I typically argue a position until I feel the foundation under my argument crumble! In this case, the foundation for my argument remains strong. So if you're going to change my position, you better get out your sledge!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,228

    Re: What will we look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Jesus' glorified body is revealed on the mountain to the three disciples. We are made "in" His image... so I personally believe this is how/what we will be like when glorified.
    I'm not sure that helps a lot, brother? But I agree--we will be like him when we see him as he is.

    As to the Transfiguration event, I don't know if that was a glorified body Jesus appeared in, or simply the Father glorifying him? There is a lot more in the Transfiguration event that I need to explore some time!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •