Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Blog Entries

Re: Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
    Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God

So then in your opinion there is no literal temple whereby he sits in the above events?

Furthermore, you say this is an ongoing event and is not a specific event in time pertaining to the above events?

I hope this is not what is being taught to our current students......it sure does play right into the devil's hand.
    Already fulfilled brother.

F.F. Bruce: When the temple area was taken by the Romans, and the sanctuary itself was still burning, the soldiers brought their legionary standards into the sacred precincts, set them up opposite the eastern gate, and offered sacrifice to them there, acclaiming Titus as imperator (victorious commander) as they did so. The Roman custom of offering sacrifice to their standards had already been commented on by a Jewish writer as a symptom of their pagan arrogance, but the offering of such sacrifice in the temple court was the supreme insult to the God of Israel. This action, following as it did the cessation of the daily sacrifice three weeks earlier, must have sensed to many Jews, as it evidently did to Josephus, a new and final fulfillment of Daniel's vision of a time when the continual burnt offering would be taken away and the abomination of desolation set up" (Bruce, p. 224)
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post

F.F. Bruce: When the temple area was taken by the Romans, and the sanctuary itself was still burning, the soldiers brought their legionary standards into the sacred precincts, set them up opposite the eastern gate, and offered sacrifice to them there, acclaiming Titus as imperator (victorious commander) as they did so. The Roman custom of offering sacrifice to their standards had already been commented on by a Jewish writer as a symptom of their pagan arrogance, but the offering of such sacrifice in the temple court was the supreme insult to the God of Israel. This action, following as it did the cessation of the daily sacrifice three weeks earlier, must have sensed to many Jews, as it evidently did to Josephus, a new and final fulfillment of Daniel's vision of a time when the continual burnt offering would be taken away and the abomination of desolation set up" (Bruce, p. 224)

Ok...whatever you say. LOL.

So did this happen in 70AD also? Strange for Daniel to start off the chapter about end times but then to revert back to 70AD at the end….. how about day 1335?

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
    2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So then when reading Matt 24 we are to assume v15 occurs in 70AD but then there some break to extend the latter events thousands of years in the future?

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
    Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God

So then in your opinion there is no literal temple whereby he sits in the above events?

Furthermore, you say this is an ongoing event and is not a specific event in time pertaining to the above events?

I hope this is not what is being taught to our current students......it sure does play right into the devil's hand.
    Yes, emphatically.

If this is playing into the devil's hands as you say; then I will take that risk; because I am banking everything in Christ's temple made without hands and His complete fulfillment of those OT types, shadows, figures, and practices.

I would rather put my faith in Christ, and his final perfect eternal temple; than some speculative sinful temple that stands in rejection and contrast and mockery of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    I came across this:
    "This second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Today, many orthodox Jews long to re-establish the temple and its ancient systems, including the sacrifices. Some even hope that the story of Cyrus will be repeated by a modern ruler.

These Jews took great encouragement when Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election in the United States because they remembered his promise to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. They also note that Russian leader Vladimir Putin has expressed a desire for the temple to be restored. “We are poised to rebuild the Temple,” said Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for a group called the Nascent Sanhedrin"..The third temple prophecy
    Yes, i believe the Jews will build the third temple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    I would change the above statement slightly....
    The focus is on the wrong subject, generating much of the problems.

Not understanding Jesus Christ, and His calling has been and still is the main problem of Christianity.

Do we serve, follow, trust, look to, the type, shadow, figure (Israel) that pointed to the real?

or do we swerve, follow, trust, look to the actual real, final, intended One (Jesus) that the types, and shadows, and figures pointed to?
    We could start with accepting what the O.T. says and maybe, just maybe the N.T. starts to make more sense. The changing of my text is actually what your doing to the inspired Scriptures. If you do not understand the calling of Israel, what do you understand of the calling (which one, and/or to what) of Christ? The calling of Israel is so clearly stated in the O.T. and repeated in the N.T.:

Exo. 19:6 « And ye (Israel) shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel ».

1 Pet. 2:9 « But ye (Israel) are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light ».

But this will be spiritualized into oblivion by most Christians.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    This is false teaching, since Paul clearly stated that we are no longer under the Law of Moses. This includes all Christians, no matter the ethnicity or nationality.
    Ah yes, false teaching is a strong argument. We (christian gentiles) were never under the Law of Moses.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Yes, emphatically.

If this is playing into the devil's hands as you say; then I will take that risk; because I am banking everything in Christ's temple made without hands and His complete fulfillment of those OT types, shadows, figures, and practices.

I would rather put my faith in Christ, and his final perfect eternal temple; than some speculative sinful temple that stands in rejection and contrast and mockery of Christ.
    David,

Nobody is arguing the fact about putting faith in the eternal temple. The question is whether a sinful temple will be built.

I think you are saying that a sinful temple will not even be built nor will an individual claim to be God from therein.

Note those on earth will not think of it as a sinful temple, a rejection, mockery or in contrast to God. To them it is God himself. In fact if possible the elect you and I would be deceived by this....

So you already think it does not occur, so what happens if/when it does occur?

I am sure your response is that I am not worried and I will be able to discern the lie. Again you already ate the lie it does not happen.

And as I point out this temple made with hands will be within a city made without, so are you sure you will be able to discern? I do believe God will enable his people to discern the truth but it may well be from someone teaching the truth.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

So it is not only important that we understand but instruct the many so they will also.

Blog Entries

I don’t know why that posted again.

I don’t know why that posted again.
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Paul states that the man of sin will sit in Gods temple and declared himself as God

God doesn’t need or require a future temple or sin sacrifice

So if a future temple will be built would it actually be Gods temple?

No it wouldn’t so is what was is the temple of God?

The church

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    We could start with accepting what the O.T. says and maybe, just maybe the N.T. starts to make more sense. The changing of my text is actually what your doing to the inspired Scriptures. If you do not understand the calling of Israel, what do you understand of the calling (which one, and/or to what) of Christ? The calling of Israel is so clearly stated in the O.T. and repeated in the N.T.:

Exo. 19:6 « And ye (Israel) shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel ».

1 Pet. 2:9 « But ye (Israel) are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light ».

But this will be spiritualized into oblivion by most Christians.

Aristarkos
    At the time exodus was written Israel was the only people of God.
    When Peter was written, it was the. Referencing all believers, israel and gentiles.
    Israel’s role in Prophecy was finished and completed in Christ.
    All OT israel prophecies point to Christ, OT to themselves alone and outside of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    Ah yes, false teaching is a strong argument. We (christian gentiles) were never under the Law of Moses.

Aristarkos
    Yes, in my view it is false teaching to say or to imply that Israel remains under the Law of Moses. Certainly, some Jews believe, under their religious system, that they are under the Law of Moses. But according to the Christian religion, nobody is under the Law as a legitimate religious system, Jew or otherwise.

Blog Entries

According to the scriptures, the third temple has already been built, and it is everlasting.
    Any other future temples would be wicked creations by the ungodly, and not of God.
    Weird, are you numbering the temples which are on earth? For if not then surely the first temple is that which is in heaven, on which the tabernacle was a copy (and the tabernacle predates the first earthly temple.)
    We have Solomon's temple usually listed as number one. (yet should this not be number two?)
    Normally Zerubbabel's temple is listed as number two.
    Some would agree that Herod's temple is number three, others reject it as it isn't mentioned in scripture as a separate building. However Jospehus records that the prior one was completely knocked down and then a completely new one with new foundations built.
    Then we have the temple which will be built where the Man of Sin will be seen, and then we have Ezekiel's temple, which may or may not be built depending on your view of the prophecy.
    However what the everlasting temple is, can ONLY be the temple that is in heaven and where Jesus went when He died to offer the sacrifice of Himself to the Father.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Paul states that the man of sin will sit in Gods temple and declared himself as God

God doesn’t need or require a future temple or sin sacrifice

So if a future temple will be built would it actually be Gods temple?
    Yes, why not?
    Herod built the temple and Jesus called it His father's house.

Blog Entries

At the time exodus was written Israel was the only people of God.
    When Peter was written, it was the. Referencing all believers, israel and gentiles
    Those today born again of Israel become part of the gentile church. Thus the label of a person being of Israel (how that is actually defined) once born again no longer is defined and no longer are "of Israel".

However God HAS defined a number of Israel (only he can define) 144,000 which he will confirm the promises to their fathers.

Israel’s role in Prophecy was finished and completed in Christ. All OT israel prophecies point to Christ
    Your belief that all thing were fulfilled at the cross does not include all prophecies.

You say "in Christ". However in Christ includes and up to the 2nd advent.

The New covenant does not void prior covenants promised to a remnant of Israel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, in my view it is false teaching to say or to imply that Israel remains under the Law of Moses. Certainly, some Jews believe, under their religious system, that they are under the Law of Moses. But according to the Christian religion, nobody is under the Law as a legitimate religious system, Jew or otherwise.
    Why is that a false teaching?
    Paul noted that all the Jews remained under the Law of Moses at that time.
    Note Acts 15, they did not state that any Jew was free to ignore the Law of Moses.
    Paul didn't teach that Jews could ignore the Law, he simply noted that the Law is fulfilled through Jesus.
    Most Christians note that we are to Love the Lord our God with all our heart etc, which is but a summation of the Law as given to Moses:
    Deu 6:4* “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.*
    Deu 6:5* You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.*

Thread Information