Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Blog Entries

Re: Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Yes, why not?
    Herod built the temple and Jesus called it His father's house.
    Actually Harris restored the temple and that temple was God’s temple

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Actually Harris restored the temple and that temple was God’s temple
    No he didn't. He actually completed knocked down the old one and then put in a new foundation and then built a new one.
    You should read Josephus - Antiquities of the Jews, Book 15 and Chapter 11to get the information.

1. AND now Herod, in the eighteenth year of his reign, and after the acts already mentioned, undertook a very great work, that is, to build of himself the temple of God,
    Our fathers, indeed, when they were returned from Babylon, built this temple to God Almighty, yet does it want sixty cubits of its largeness in altitude; for so much did that first temple which Solomon built exceed this temple; nor let any one condemn our fathers for their negligence or want of piety herein, for it was not their fault that the temple was no higher; for they were Cyrus, and Darius the son of Hystaspes, who determined the measures for its rebuilding; and it hath been by reason of the subjection of those fathers of ours to them and to their posterity, and after them to the Macedonians, that they had not the opportunity to follow the original model of this pious edifice, nor could raise it to its ancient altitude; but since I am now, by God’s will, your governor, and I have had peace a long time, and have gained great riches and large revenues, and, what is the principal filing of all, I am at amity with and well regarded by the Romans, who, if I may so say, are the rulers of the whole world, I will do my endeavor to correct that imperfection, which hath arisen from the necessity of our affairs, and the slavery we have been under formerly, and to make a thankful return, after the most pious manner, to God, for what blessings I have received from him, by giving me this kingdom, and that by rendering his temple as complete as I am able."

3. So Herod took away the old foundations, and laid others, and erected the temple upon them, being in length a hundred cubits, and in height twenty additional cubits,

Herod did not simply restore but knocked down, put in new foundations and built it longer and higher.

Blog Entries

No he didn't. He actually completed knocked down the old one and then put in a new foundation and then built a new one.
    You should read Josephus - Antiquities of the Jews, Book 15 and Chapter 11to get the information.

1. AND now Herod, in the eighteenth year of his reign, and after the acts already mentioned, undertook a very great work, that is, to build of himself the temple of God,
    Our fathers, indeed, when they were returned from Babylon, built this temple to God Almighty, yet does it want sixty cubits of its largeness in altitude; for so much did that first temple which Solomon built exceed this temple; nor let any one condemn our fathers for their negligence or want of piety herein, for it was not their fault that the temple was no higher; for they were Cyrus, and Darius the son of Hystaspes, who determined the measures for its rebuilding; and it hath been by reason of the subjection of those fathers of ours to them and to their posterity, and after them to the Macedonians, that they had not the opportunity to follow the original model of this pious edifice, nor could raise it to its ancient altitude; but since I am now, by God’s will, your governor, and I have had peace a long time, and have gained great riches and large revenues, and, what is the principal filing of all, I am at amity with and well regarded by the Romans, who, if I may so say, are the rulers of the whole world, I will do my endeavor to correct that imperfection, which hath arisen from the necessity of our affairs, and the slavery we have been under formerly, and to make a thankful return, after the most pious manner, to God, for what blessings I have received from him, by giving me this kingdom, and that by rendering his temple as complete as I am able."

3. So Herod took away the old foundations, and laid others, and erected the temple upon them, being in length a hundred cubits, and in height twenty additional cubits,

Herod did not simply restore but knocked down, put in new foundations and built it longer and higher.
    Okay sure but the point is that he made a current temple god dwelt in greater which is totally different than building a new unneeded temple

Blog Entries

Okay sure but the point is that he made a current temple god dwelt in greater which is totally different than building a new unneeded temple
    Not really.
    Why do people build churches and Cathedrals?
    It is the place to go to meet with God.
    You can have your church in your home or in a school.
    King David did NOT need to build a temple for God. He could have left God in the Tent of Meeting. The ONLY instructions God originally gave was for the Tabernacle.
    Yet when David chose to build the temple, he was told, "no, your son will" (prophetic huh!), however David was given a design which he told Solomon.
    Zerubbabel and Herod did NOT have a blueprint from God as to its dimensions. they simply built it.
    Herod potentially for his own reasons rather than glorifying God.
    Yet God chose to have His Name associated with that place, which Jesus confirmed.
    A new temple will have a purpose and function for those who wish to worship God as He had instructed them.

Blog Entries

Not really.
    Why do people build churches and Cathedrals?
    It is the place to go to meet with God.
    You can have your church in your home or in a school.
    King David did NOT need to build a temple for God. He could have left God in the Tent of Meeting. The ONLY instructions God originally gave was for the Tabernacle.
    Yet when David chose to build the temple, he was told, "no, your son will" (prophetic huh!), however David was given a design which he told Solomon.
    Zerubbabel and Herod did NOT have a blueprint from God as to its dimensions. they simply built it.
    Herod potentially for his own reasons rather than glorifying God.
    Yet God chose to have His Name associated with that place, which Jesus confirmed.
    A new temple will have a purpose and function for those who wish to worship God as He had instructed them.
    A new temple will have no purpose or function because God now dwells within us

Blog Entries

A new temple will have no purpose or function because God now dwells within us
    Wow!
    So a church has no function? Do you never go to church?
    Further, the temple was the place that the Jews went to worship God. Are you arguing that the Jews do not want to worship God and so won't build a temple?

Are you also denying that the apostles went to the temple AFTER Jesus had died and rose again?
    Acts 3:1 - 3 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple. Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.

The temple had a purpose even though God dwells with us.

Blog Entries

Wow!
    So a church has no function? Do you never go to church?
    Further, the temple was the place that the Jews went to worship God. Are you arguing that the Jews do not want to worship God and so won't build a temple?

Are you also denying that the apostles went to the temple AFTER Jesus had died and rose again?
    Acts 3:1 - 3 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple. Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.

The temple had a purpose even though God dwells with us.
    I didn't say that and of course I go to a church

You are playing games with words here because you know as much as anybody that the people are the church not buildings.

We go to a church to worship and learn about God corporately and you know as well as anybody that the disciples went to worship Jesus and the Father and not for the same reasons that the Christ rejecting Jews went to the temple that day. God allowed the temple to exist for a grace period and when that time was up God allowed the temple to be destroyed for His purpose and has stopped another temple to rebuilt until this day.

Luke 19:41-44
    41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

A future traditional Jewish temple would be a total rejection of Jesus and what He did and an abomination against God and you really surprise me here because you know better than this. If it was built like our churches today with the intention of honoring Jesus that would be a different story but we all know that that won't happen.

To reject the Son is to reject the father

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Blog Entries

I didn't say that and of course I go to a church

You are playing games with words here because you know as much as anybody that the people are the church not buildings.
    The people are indeed the church, but they also go to a church.
    The imagery Paul used was that of the temple, as people go to the temple, so they are the temple.

We go to a church to worship and learn about God corporately and you know as well as anybody that the disciples went to worship Jesus and the Father and not for the same reasons that the Christ rejecting Jews went to the temple that day. God allowed the temple to exist for a grace period and when that time was up God allowed the temple to be destroyed for His purpose and has stopped another temple to rebuilt until this day.
    Your argument was that the temple serves no purpose, but it served a purpose AFTER Jesus died and rose again.
    It can serve that purpose again.

Luke 19:41-44
    41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

A future traditional Jewish temple would be a total rejection of Jesus and what He did and an abomination against God and you really surprise me here because you know better than this. If it was built like our churches today with the intention of honoring Jesus that would be a different story but we all know that that won't happen.
    No a future "traditional" temple would not be a total rejection of Jesus.
    Nor would it be an abomination against God.
    What makes the temple an abomination?

To reject the Son is to reject the father
    1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
    And?
    None of which means a temple cannot be built nor that it would be built or that it wold be known as the temple.
    Further when the 2W come and bear witness like Elijah and Moses they will be doing so in the temple.

Of course it would!

To go back to Old Testament sacrifices is to reject the sacrifice of Christ, for a start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Of course it would!

To go back to Old Testament sacrifices is to reject the sacrifice of Christ, for a start.
    Incorrect.
    The apostles (including Paul) had sacrifices AFTER Jesus had died and rose again.

A lot of Christians are fairly clueless as to the purpose of sacrifice in the Bible - which is to draw near to God.
    They seem to think it is ONLY about sin and the payment for that.
    They also ignore the OT prophecies which speak of sacrifices when God's kingdom is established on earth (during the MK period).

Blog Entries

Incorrect.
    The apostles (including Paul) had sacrifices AFTER Jesus had died and rose again.

A lot of Christians are fairly clueless as to the purpose of sacrifice in the Bible - which is to draw near to God.
    They also ignore the OT prophecies which speak of sacrifices when God's kingdom is established on earth.
    I agree with you...…..actually they will exist forever

Blog Entries

Your argument was that the temple serves no purpose, but it served a purpose AFTER Jesus died and rose again.
    It can serve that purpose again.
    The only purpose it served after Jesus died was a grace period so that they could see the events in the temple pointed to Jesus but the nation missed it which was why God destroyed it.

If the temple still served a purpose then why did God destroy it and why isn't there a temple today?

You seam to try to pick sections of people post apart but you also avoid great points that they make like when I said that the disciples were there for Jesus' sake.

Nor would it be an abomination against God.
    What makes the temple an abomination?
    Our only way to the Father is through Jesus any other way is a dead end.

Again why was the temple destroyed?

Luke 19:41-44 explains it

The sacrifices and the temple would still be going on today if it served a purpose

And?
    None of which means a temple cannot be built nor that it would be built or that it wold be known as the temple.
    Further when the 2W come and bear witness like Elijah and Moses they will be doing so in the temple.
    Where do you see the 2W will be in the temple?

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    I came across this:
    "This second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Today, many orthodox Jews long to re-establish the temple and its ancient systems, including the sacrifices. Some even hope that the story of Cyrus will be repeated by a modern ruler.

These Jews took great encouragement when Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election in the United States because they remembered his promise to recognise Jerusalem as Israels capital. They also note that Russian leader Vladimir Putin has expressed a desire for the temple to be restored. We are poised to rebuild the Temple, said Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for a group called the Nascent Sanhedrin"..The third temple prophecy
    Yes, the third Temple will be built. Beginning in the latter half of 2020 to be precise. It will ultimately be destroyed by the Assyrian and Jesus will build Ezekiel's Temple, the fourth and final Temple.

Some Christians have always had a jealousy toward Israel because they do not understand the promises made to them. The Just will live by faith. Better translated, the Just, by their faith, will live. This is the primary salvation plan of God from the very beginning. This is how Enoch, Noah, etc. are saved. The Law is the remedial program for a specific people with no faith. Those who do the law will live by doing them, just as Jesus confirmed in Matt 19:17. Although, they will live on the earth while those who live by faith are seated in the heavenly realm. For one to be perfect, they must follow Christ.

God Himself is quoted many times in the scriptures saying that the statutes and ordinances of the law are for all generations, ever forever. If the law was to be temporary, God would surely know it and not say the exact opposite. Of course, the law has nothing to do with those who live by faith, so there really should be no problem for Christians when the third Temple is built. Especially since it will be John the Baptist, who comes in the spirit and power of Elijah, who is the one to build it.

Blog Entries

Incorrect.

They also ignore the OT prophecies which speak of sacrifices when God's kingdom is established on earth (during the MK period).
    There is nothing in those passages to definitively indicated that Paul sacrificed animals or participated/condoned a return/continuation to/of the OT sacrificial system. He/they seems to be going through a ritual of purification for spiritual purposes. It is the only place mentioned that this happens.

Is the mention of something in the New Testament a "Prescription" for for us today? Literalists say yes.

In Acts 2:42 is say the newly-founded Church members in Jerusalem lived together and shared all their possessions, etc.

Does that mean we are ALL supposed to do likewise today in the same communal manner as they did, or were they doing that out of necessity of the circumstances, being under persecution of the Pharisees, etc? Not to mention paul was still in the thick of the transition, the full reality was still being realized.

Just because something is mentioned, does that mean we are commanded to do it and to do it for the entire age until Jesus comes again? We say, obviously no. We would have never have gotten out of the Old Covenant if that was the case.
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    Yes, the third Temple will be built. Beginning in the latter half of 2020 to be precise. It will ultimately be destroyed by the Assyrian and Jesus will build Ezekiel's Temple, the fourth and final Temple.
    I think they will eventually attempt/build a third temple, ( but I strongly suspect God will stop this atrocity at some stage ) question really is, does God want this, does the Bible teach this will happen? I cant fathom why. A fourth temple? Wow.... lets hope not.

Some Christians have always had a jealousy toward Israel because they do not understand the promises made to them.
    What on earth?

so there really should be no problem for Christians when the third Temple is built. Especially since it will be John the Baptist, who comes in the spirit and power of Elijah, who is the one to build it.
    There are a great number of Christians ( and theologians ) who have more than a problem with any future temples being built. We are so far apart its shocking. Every Christian should be appalled at this prospect.

John the Baptist will build the third temple? Where do you get this from ?
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Thread Information