Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooks In Their Jaws: God Brings Gog And Magog To The Mid-East

Hybrid View

Hooks In Their Jaws: God Brings Gog And Magog To The Mid-East

As we speak, the Magnetic Nortth Pole is moving at a modest 55 kilometers per year toward Russia. If this were to continue long enough, Lake Baikal could become, conceiveably, the Magnetic North Pole. Would Russia be able to (pardon the pun) weather it? Or, would Russia become a frozen wasteland? It's military and government forced to move south, and occupy Syria?
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Re: Hooks In Their Jaws: God Brings Gog And Magog To The Mid-East

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    As we speak, the Magnetic Nortth Pole is moving at a modest 55 kilometers per year toward Russia. If this were to continue long enough, Lake Baikal could become, conceiveably, the Magnetic North Pole. Would Russia be able to (pardon the pun) weather it? Or, would Russia become a frozen wasteland? It's military and government forced to move south, and occupy Syria?
    I do believe Russia will be involved in that Gog war, however I don't think it will be a desperate survival thing. Ezekiel seems to point to greed. I regard that war as essentially a Muslim war, the antichrist will be Sunni Islam, being Isa (claims to be "Jesus" ). Shi-ite Islam is just using Isa to gather Jews, hoping to destroy Israel after Isa has brought peace to the Middle East. Turkey joins with the shi-ites and promises Russia wealth to join in the attack against antichrist.

12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    I do believe Russia will be involved in that Gog war, however I don't think it will be a desperate survival thing. Ezekiel seems to point to greed. I regard that war as essentially a Muslim war, the antichrist will be Sunni Islam, being Isa (claims to be "Jesus" ). Shi-ite Islam is just using Isa to gather Jews, hoping to destroy Israel after Isa has brought peace to the Middle East. Turkey joins with the shi-ites and promises Russia wealth to join in the attack against antichrist.

12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.[d]” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages[e] will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’
    Certainly possible.

I recall that one pundit worried that by 2050 the armed forces of Russia would be more than 50% Muslim, and that would have a negative effect on the country's ability to maintain control of it's nuclear forces.

Keep watchin'.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Blog Entries

Certainly possible.

I recall that one pundit worried that by 2050 the armed forces of Russia would be more than 50% Muslim, and that would have a negative effect on the country's ability to maintain control of it's nuclear forces.

Keep watchin'.
    I think that pundit was speaking about the USSR, which at the time included a number of Muslim states, which are no longer part of it. There are a few autonomous regions, but there is no way for this to be true now.
    The percentage Muslim is 6.5%, however unlike in other countries the majority of these are unaffiliated with any branch of Islam, and only 2.4 million are affiliated as Sunni making 1.6%.

In the USA the percentage is presently less at 1.1%, but is expected to more than double by 2050.

However I do not see Russia as part of a Gog war.

Certainly possible.

Keep watchin'.
    I think that pundit was speaking about the USSR, which at the time included a number of Muslim states, which are no longer part of it. There are a few autonomous regions, but there is no way for this to be true now.
    The percentage Muslim is 6.5%, however unlike in other countries the majority of these are unaffiliated with any branch of Islam, and only 2.4 million are affiliated as Sunni making 1.6%.

In the USA the percentage is presently less at 1.1%, but is expected to more than double by 2050.

Why do you think that the north magnetic poles would have anything to do with the weather in Russia?
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Why do you think that the north magnetic poles would have anything to do with the weather in Russia?
    It occured to me that the Magnetic Polls, if positiioned correctly, would tip the earth enough to turn Russia into a frozen wasteland, necessitating the relocation of the Russian Government.

I secretly have a desire to grow oranges and avacodoes in Saskatoon, as well. Lol!

It occured to me that the Magnetic Polls, if positiioned correctly, would tip the earth enough to turn Russia into a frozen wasteland, necessitating the relocation of the Russian Government.
    Magnetic poles are different than the more or less fixed geographic poles. They have no bearing on the tilt of the earth's axis.

[/quote]I secretly have a desire to grow oranges and avacodoes in Saskatoon, as well. Lol![/QUOTE]Current climate trends will probably make that a reality.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Smile Re: Hooks In Their Jaws: God Brings Gog And Magog To The Mid-East

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

A Gog war that doesn't include Russia?

IMO, the princes of Meschek and Tubal ARE Russia as Tubol is the name of the region in Russia that is drained by the Tubol River, and Meshek is the Meschetti region where Turkey and Russia meet, different spellings notwithstanding.

Blog Entries

IMO, the princes of Meschek and Tubal ARE Russia as Tubol is the name of the region in Russia that is drained by the Tubol River, and Meshek is the Meschetti region where Turkey and Russia meet, different spellings notwithstanding.
    There are a people called the Meshkettian Turks.
    However the Turks entered this region 1,000 years after Jesus came and died for us.
    Tubal is not Tubol - where is the "Tubol River"?
    Tubal is thought to be in Asia Minor and next to Meschech (also in Asia Minor).

Some (following Jerome) have them as either meaning Spain, or the Tiber River, which would be Rome and Campania.

The question is where was the place meaning when the prophecy was given. It certainly was not Russia or anywhere near there.
    The almost certain region is what you know as modern Turkey, but was then Asia Minor.

However the Turks entered this region 1,000 years after Jesus came and died for us.

Some (following Jerome) have them as either meaning Spain, or the Tiber River, which would be Rome and Campania.

The question is where was the place meaning when the prophecy was given. It certainly was not Russia or anywhere near there.
    The almost certain region is what you know as modern Turkey, but was then Asia Minor.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

Hmmm, the Russian flag matches the description in another prophecy, and Russia has been the greatest benefactor for weapons that the Muslims have ever had since 1960, so I'll stick with them for now. Well, thanks for that advice, but, unless you can prove tha t God doesn't know the future, I think I'll keep going down this trail until I have to depart from it.

Keep watchin'.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, the Russian flag matches the description in another prophecy, and Russia has been the greatest benefactor for weapons that the Muslims have ever had since 1960, so I'll stick with them for now. Well, thanks for that advice, but, unless you can prove tha t God doesn't know the future, I think I'll keep going down this trail until I have to depart from it.

Keep watchin'.
    Since 1960, so really a long time? The Muslims conquered ALL of their territory BEFORE 1960.

God clearly knows the future, but He stated things with terms that people could understand.

If you mean the Russian flag matches this:
    Rev 9:17 And this is how I saw the horses in my vision and those who rode them: they wore breastplates the color of fire and of sapphire and of sulfur, and the heads of the horses were like lions’ heads, and fire and smoke and sulfur came out of their mouths.

Then you have a serious problem.
    This is sometimes noted as Red, Blue and Yellow, but the Russian flag, like that of the US and the UK is Red, White and Blue. These colours are found on the Romanian flag:
    shutterstock-624905258.jpg

This is why Tim LeHaye has the AntiChrist as a Romanian. Also because Romanians are descendants of Rome, who most consider the Legs of Iron.

However with God knowing the future, I am pretty certain He knew what He meant when He said Tubal and Meshech. Did you know that Istanbul was called Constantinople and it is found on 7 hills, and sits on many waters. It was also the place where the Church and State were united under the Pontifex Maximus.

Keep watchin'.
    Since 1960, so really a long time? The Muslims conquered ALL of their territory BEFORE 1960.

God clearly knows the future, but He stated things with terms that people could understand.

If you mean the Russian flag matches this:
    Rev 9:17 And this is how I saw the horses in my vision and those who rode them: they wore breastplates the color of fire and of sapphire and of sulfur, and the heads of the horses were like lions’ heads, and fire and smoke and sulfur came out of their mouths.

Then you have a serious problem.
    This is sometimes noted as Red, Blue and Yellow, but the Russian flag, like that of the US and the UK is Red, White and Blue. These colours are found on the Romanian flag:
    shutterstock-624905258.jpg

This is why Tim LeHaye has the AntiChrist as a Romanian. Also because Romanians are descendants of Rome, who most consider the Legs of Iron.

However with God knowing the future, I am pretty certain He knew what He meant when He said Tubal and Meshech. Did you know that Istanbul was called Constantinople and it is found on 7 hills, and sits on many waters. It was also the place where the Church and State were united under the Pontifex Maximus.

I doubt if any external factors in, or on the earth, will play a role in the rebellion of God and Magog. According to the direct statements of Revelation Chapter 20, and the internal evidence of Ezekiel Chapter 38 and 39, we have the whole Millennium BEFORE this rebellion (Rev.20:7-9). During the Millennium we will have a dramatic weather shift. The prophets predict a clement climate and bumper crops from it (Amos.9:13 etc.). The deserts (except Edom) will bloom (Isa.35:1-2). The real reason for the rebellion of Magog and Gog is Jerusalem.

At the end of this age, the destiny of Jerusalem is settled. It is the City of the Great King, and Emanuel, God with with us, will dwell there and the rule of the whole earth will go out from there. For the Millennium, it is a rule of the rod of iron (Ps.2:9; Rev.19:15), for the first 1,000 years of an everlasting Kingdom, will be on the earth as we know it now. In His infinite wisdom, God never allows anything to continue until it is tested. He allows a man's morals to be tested, He allows a religion to be tested, He allows nations to be tested and even allowed His beloved Son Jesus to be tested to the uttermost. So, that Kingdom which Christ is given, must be tested. It will have provided a safe, war-free, crime-suppressant, evil-eradicating, prosperous reign with the immediate death sentence for those who deserve it, and long life for the rest of men (Isa.65:20). But the Nations are still in the flesh of Adam. And true to all men, they will fawn over Christ the King for favor, but secretly hate Him.

So, having grown tired of the "rule of the rod of iron", they will be ripe for a rebellion. Satan, bound in an Abyss for these thousand years, is loosed (Rev.20:1-2, 7). Satan has no power over men and the earth, but he is a master of deception. He convinces men - the nations of Gog and Magog - that Jerusalem, the Seat of World rule, is unprotected and vulnerable. There has been peace for a thousand years. No weapons have been manufactured for a thousand years (Isa.2:4; Joel.3:10; Mic.4:3), so weapons for this conquest are scarce - thus the motley armor of Ezekiel 38:4. But the God of Heaven is jealous over His Kingdom. Adam failed to institute this Kingdom and so, at great cost - the life and death of His Son Jesus - was this Kingdom set up after 6,000 years. Men do not need weapons to defend Jerusalem and the Throne of Emmanuel when the God of Heaven watches over it. The God of Heaven does not need men's defenses. Jerusalem, for a thousand years, has had no wall (Ezek.38:11). It has lived in peace and prosperity because the New Covenant made with Israel is in effect. The end of this rebellion is quick and bloody. God causes a massive confusion against the mighty but motley army. Comrades slay comrades and brother slays brother. And as this bloody confusion sweeps the great army of Gog and Magog, fire comes from heaven and devours them (Ezek.38:21-22; Rev.20:9).

All kingdoms set up by men have failed when tested. Adam failed when tested. But now we have MAN Who never failed as King of kings. And now, under the severest of tests, His Kingdom does not fail though the land be rocked (Ezek.38:19). Satan's kingdom was one of despotism and bondage. Men's kingdoms were plagued by corruption and ultimately failed. Now the Kingdom of God on earth, led by the MAN Jesus, shows what this earth needs - an equitous and benign kingdom of righteousness that can never be moved. I doubt if the magnetic north pole has anything to do with it.

Blog Entries

I wish you would all use scripture to interpret prophesy not science, false teachers, or CNN.

Gog is not Russia. (and there is no Russian collusion ).

The reason why Russia is not Gog is at the time of these events Russia does not exist!!!

Prior to these events the cities of the world have been destroyed and the world is a wilderness.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Is Russia and the USA around when Christ returns? No, so neither will they when the AntiChrist returns.

So who are the hooks drawing out? Satan not Putin.

Job 41
    1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
    31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
    32 He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.
    33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.
    34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    I wish you would all use scripture to interpret prophesy not science, false teachers, or CNN.

Gog is not Russia. (and there is no Russian collusion ).

The reason why Russia is not Gog is at the time of these events Russia does not exist!!!

Prior to these events the cities of the world have been destroyed and the world is a wilderness.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Is Russia and the USA around when Christ returns? No, so neither will they when the AntiChrist returns.

So who are the hooks drawing out? Satan not Putin.

Job 41
    1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
    31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
    32 He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.
    33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.
    34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.
    You have randomly selected scriptures, and even then they do not address the annihilation of nations. Magog is around in Genesis 10:2 and still there 1,000 years after Christ's return (Rev.20). Gog is the Land of Ma-Gog in Ezekiel 38:2. And it is also in Revelation Chapter 20 - 1,000 years after Christ's return. In Matthew 25:31-46 the NATIONS are judged - this AFTER Christ's return. In Zechariah 14:16 the NATIONS must go up to Jerusalem annually to worship. This is during the Millennium - the 1,000 years during which Christs rules the NATIONS with a rod of iron. On the new Earth in Revelation Chapter 21 the NATIONS would like to visit New Jerusalem. Some are allowed in, some not (Rev.21:24-27).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    and even then they do not address the annihilation of nations. Magog is around in Genesis 10:2 and still there 1,000 years after Christ's return (Rev.20). Gog is the Land of Ma-Gog in Ezekiel 38:2. And it is also in Revelation Chapter 20 - 1,000 years after Christ's return.
    There is no literal 1000 years so your debate that the nations still exist is not valid. Gog and Magog are finished like every one else opposed to God at the 2nd coming

In Matthew 25:31-46 the NATIONS are judged
    ?? These nations are raised from the dead to be judged.

the 1,000 years during which Christs rules the NATIONS with a rod of iron. On the new Earth in Revelation Chapter 21 the NATIONS would like to visit New Jerusalem. Some are allowed in, some not (Rev.21:24-27).
    [/QUOTE]

Christ will rule for eternity. This is what occurs during eternity.

You have randomly selected scriptures,
    Job 41
    2 Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

Is 37
    29 Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.

EZ 29
    4 But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.

EZ 38
    And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

There is no connection?

Thread Information