Thread: joy

joy

First of all, I love writing down insights and learning from God and thoughts and putting them down in my chrome book notebook and saving them. I want to say something about joy. Oh how I struggled for joy and the times when I didn't feel joyful and even prayed to God for joy. I had struggled with feeling lack of joy with my hearing loss not hearing well what others say and when I had a mental illness. Now I'm seeing more fully and clearly about joy. If you are born again in Christ Jesus and have his Spirit in you then you have his joy already in you. I didn't realize this and how I would pray for joy not realizing it's already in me. Think of joy like a muscle, when you use it it becomes strong and you can keep using it to make it stronger. Same with joy, we have joy but I was not using it or being joyful and felt joyless. Now I'm focused on making every effort and in my thoughts to be joyful at all times and it is so wonderful and keep at it to make it a habit. His joy is in you, use it, do it, obey it, be joyful. Your joy can increase so much that you can become joyful in your sufferings for true joy is greater than suffering and true love is greater than suffering. We want true joy that encourages and strengthens and motivates us in our faith, faith that is true and genuine and is tried to be found to result in praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though we do not see him but we love him and believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and full of glory. Jesus is the perfect example when he was on the cross- Hebrews 12:2- looking to Jesus the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. And us christians want to hear this from our heavenly Father coming from Matthew 25:23- His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your Master. God is a joyful God and he wants us to have his joy and be joyful. Nehemiah 8:10- The joy of the Lord is my strength and stronghold. It doesn't say my joy is my strength or my joy in the Lord is my strength but the joy that comes from him who gives freely to us in Christ, it is HIS joy that is our strength and we to delight in his joy in us for we are in him and to love him joyfully and live the christian life with joy.

Re: joy

Joy is cheerful endurance, clam delight, gladness. Joy belongs to a Christian by inheritance. Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. The amount of joy we have is directly tied to how much we are influenced by God and then how obedient we are to that influence. John 15:10-11 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. To keep God's commandments is to be influenced by Him and then obedient to Him. That makes it possible, as His child, for His joy to remain in us and our joy to be full. This joy is not the same as happiness though it may lead to it. Happiness is superficial and based on circumstance, real joy is based on the unchangeable truth of God and our obedience to it. This joy can't be taken away by others or by circumstance because it's not based on either. Neh 8:10 ...the joy of the Lord is your strength. The word strength actually means a strong fortress. I will give an example of how this kind of joy makes a big difference. Most people, including Christians, are frustrated and angry because of the actions/inaction of others and/or their circumstance. They believe that change in others or their circumstance could bring joy, but that's an illusion or better said a deception. It's not external changes that are needed it's internal changes. To view others or circumstance as the problem is to leave yourself without hope. Real joy is the answer and the only way to have it is to be completely influenced and controlled by God through His truth.

Thread Information