Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Destruction of this Planet

Blog Entries

Re: The Destruction of this Planet

There seems to be some confusion here...…..

The day of the lord STARTS with blackness. Hence the reason he comes as a thief in the NIGHT. Then after a pause of unknown time while those on earth crawl into the rocks the Lord returns as a blaze of fire as the sun coming down upon the earth in which starts the transformation of the NHNE. No 1000 years between.

So he will come unexpected as everyone on earth is hiding anticipating his return. Note when the blood turns red he starts his decent.

This is the day of the Lord. No one knows the duration as time measured has ceased. So it's not 24 hours it's not 1000 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    What you should have noted is that 1 Thess 5:1 - 4 highlight that it is like a thief for those who walk in darkness, but NOT for those who walk in the light.
    When the Day comes they will KNOW they have been robbed (as it were), they simply don;t recognise the signs beforehand (the shifty individuals casing the place beforehand - stretching the analogy).
    The Great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath will be the Sixth Seal event. Revelation 6:11-17 Obviously some time before the glorious Return of Jesus. Revelation 19:11-21
    The Return will be know by those with a Bible, as that will occur exactly 42 months; 1260 days after the 'beast' conquers the holy people of God. Revelation 13:5-7

The prophecy in 1 Thessalonians 5:3-4 refers to the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, vividly described in over 100 Bible prophecies. As we are told, this event will strike suddenly and unexpectedly.
    We who study the Prophetic Word should not be in the dark about what the Lord will use to carry out His judgment/punishment of the nations, as Paul says. We should be aware and prepared for this to happen. We have many signs to warn us and the 'shifty individuals' are the players in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The Destruction Of This Planet. Not going to happen:

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
    Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the Day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 2 Peter 3:10-12

In this prophecy, it seems that there is coming a day when God is going to destroy the Earth by fire. But is that what is really meant here? Many think these three verses say that God will totally destroy the world.
    If God is going to destroy the Earth, then it really doesn’t matter what we do with the natural resources of the planet. And if we use up a resource that causes a plant or animal species to go extinct, who cares if God is going to remove the whole planet anyway and take us to heaven, right? Well, let’s look into this:
    If it can be shown that Peter is not prophesying the literal destruction of the Earth here, then it abrogates any theological argument that God will one day actually eliminate this world, whether by fire or any other means.

N.T. Wright gives this commentary regarding the passage in question from 2 Peter:
    ‘Here, at the end of this passage, we have a statement which in older translations of the Bible came out one way, but which, with all the biblical manuscripts we now have, certainly should be changed. In the older versions, this passage ends with the warning that ‘the earth and all the works on it will be burned up.’ A cosmic destruction: the end of the physical world! Is that really what Peter wrote?
    In some of the best manuscripts of the New Testament, including two of the very best, the word for ‘will be burned up’ isn’t there. Instead, there is a Greek word which means ‘will be found’, or ‘will be discovered’, or ‘will be disclosed’. Perhaps ‘will be found out’ would be a better way of getting at the truth of the meaning.
    What I believe has happened is this: Several early scribes, faced with ‘will be found’, thought to themselves, ‘That can’t be right! It makes no sense! Surely he meant “will be burnt up”. And so the translators put in their opinion’.

And look at the difference it makes! In conformity with the rest of the New Testament, Peter is not saying that the present world of space, time and matter is going to be burnt up and destroyed. The REBible says: .....brought to judgment.
    What will happen, as many early Christian teachers said, is that actual literal fire will come upon the whole earth, as so comprehensively prophesied throughout the Bible, not to totally destroy, but to test everything out and to purify it by burning up the Lord’s enemies, Malachi 4:3, and to test His people; 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 The earth will remain forever; Eccl 1:4, Ephesians 3:21, Psalms 78:69, Isaiah 45:18
    Peter’s concern throughout the letter is with the judgment of humans for what they have done, not with the rest of Creation, although it seems that much will be dramatically changed on the forthcoming great and terrible Day of the Lord’s fiery vengeance and wrath and the world will never be the same again. Zephaniah 3:8
    Hmmm, well, okay, but Nostradamus predicts that the earth will be destroyed in 3674.

Just sayin'.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Hmmm, well, okay, but Nostradamus predicts that the earth will be destroyed in 3674.

Just sayin'.
    This is a Bible forum Dan, we discuss Bible prophecy on this one.
    Your comment is in the nature of scoffing at those who warn their brethren of a forthcoming worldwide disaster. This is normal for a secular person, but we Christians should take note of what God tells us about His plans for our future. God WILL ask you why you didn't bother to read and understand the about 1/4 of the Bible that is unfulfilled prophecy.

Just sayin'.
    Your comment is in the nature of scoffing at those who warn their brethren of a forthcoming worldwide disaster. This is normal for a secular person, but we Christians should take note of what God tells us about His plans for our future. God WILL ask you why you didn't bother to read and understand the about 1/4 of the Bible that is unfulfilled prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Really? I would think God would be asking you why didn't you honor the words of Peter, since you practically called him liar! Lol1

One thing that I feel I have learned in my time with the Bibles that are available is that most of the "new" versions are wrong.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Blog Entries

Peter tells the truth for our days:

A letter to the peoples of God, scattered around the world:
    Praise to God and to our Lord Jesus for the hope of salvation and for the protection of His power. Be joyful, although you may have to suffer for a little while, as you pass through the assayers fire.
    Since Christ endured bodily suffering, you too must expect this judgement as the end of all days is upon us, but do not be taken aback by the fiery ordeal which has come to test you as though you did not know it was coming.
    All that has happened concerning Jesus, confirms for us the messages of the prophets, which you will all do well to take seriously. What they say has been given to us by the Holy Spirit and interpretation is by comparing scripture with scripture. Just as in the past there were false prophets and teachers, so it is now. Those who have misled My people will suffer dire punishment.

Note this: In the last days scoffers will come, they will mock and say: ‘What happened to His promised coming? Nothing has changed as yet’. They forget how God destroyed all the wicked peoples in Noah’s day and now the world is reserved for burning and again the godless will be destroyed. The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath will come unexpectedly, with the heavens tearing apart, flames will envelope the earth and with a loud noise ALL the earth will be brought to judgement.
    In expectation of this, do your best to be found at peace with God.
    Friends: you have been warned, take care that you do not be taken in by wrong theories and false teachings, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    To Him be all the glory
    !
    Ref: Revised English Bible. 1 & 2 Peter, condensed.

Peter tells the truth for our days:

A letter to the peoples of God, scattered around the world:
    Praise to God and to our Lord Jesus for the hope of salvation and for the protection of His power. Be joyful, although you may have to suffer for a little while, as you pass through the assayers fire.
    Since Christ endured bodily suffering, you too must expect this judgement as the end of all days is upon us, but do not be taken aback by the fiery ordeal which has come to test you as though you did not know it was coming.
    All that has happened concerning Jesus, confirms for us the messages of the prophets, which you will all do well to take seriously. What they say has been given to us by the Holy Spirit and interpretation is by comparing scripture with scripture. Just as in the past there were false prophets and teachers, so it is now. Those who have misled My people will suffer dire punishment.

Note this: In the last days scoffers will come, they will mock and say: ‘What happened to His promised coming? Nothing has changed as yet’. They forget how God destroyed all the wicked peoples in Noah’s day and now the world is reserved for burning and again the godless will be destroyed. The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath will come unexpectedly, with the heavens tearing apart, flames will envelope the earth and with a loud noise ALL the earth will be brought to judgement.
    In expectation of this, do your best to be found at peace with God.
    Friends: you have been warned, take care that you do not be taken in by wrong theories and false teachings, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    To Him be all the glory
    !
    Ref: Revised English Bible. 1 & 2 Peter, condensed.

Blog Entries

Really? I would think God would be asking you why didn't you honor the words of Peter, since you practically called him liar! Lol1
    One thing that I feel I have learned in my time with the Bibles that are available is that most of the "new" versions are wrong.
    When you say new, are you including the KJV? I think the originals from the time of Jesus are the ones which are right, unfortunately we don't have any quite that old, but we do have some from the 2nd century.

Blog Entries

I am with you Dan. It is clear that this old earth is destroyed, now if others want to say that it is transformed and not completely disappear, agreed but it is still destroyed.

I think the reason why they hold this view that the current earth is not destroyed ie melt ect…. is that they have to have the old earth remaining whereby mortals who somehow survive can live on it for a supposed 1000 years.!!!

Thus they deny that a NHNE comes right after the 2nd coming and some 1000 years later still allowing for their unscriptural views.

Unfortunately this view that a NHNE is delayed fits into Satan's plan as he will then be able to be king over the earth as he is unable to create a NHNE. He would then be able to be king over them for these supposed 1000 years falling to his deception.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I think that's probably true, particularly since God said He was done with creation by the end of the 6th day. While it's true He said he will create a "new heaven" and a "new earth," this is not likely to be the creation of an entirely new universe, but rather, a reform of it. I find it interesting and probably significant that God will lay the earth bare, rather than "burn it up." A massive fire burns up lots of trees and vegetation, but it doesn't destroy the planet.

A couple of verses indicate the earth remains forever. That it must be reformed is plain by the reality of sinful humans on the planet, who abuse the world and one another. While I don't think it's critical to maintain every species of creature--indeed it seems impossible--I do think we should use our natural resources in a responsible way. It's been difficult for us to determine the "balance of nature" over many hundreds of years. We may be able to limit how we poison our atmosphere to some degree, but controlling "global warming" may be a bit out of our reach?
    Transformation is likely a better term and understanding.

Paul said, the curse of sin and death from the entire creation and all creatures will end at the time of the resurrection. Romans 8:18-23.
    Luke said, when Christ returns from Heaven, it will be the time of the restitution of all things. Acts 3:21
    The Planet won't be destroyed (nor remain as it presently is). It will be remade into the Eden-like state it was at creation, but better.

That is why you see the passages about 'former things passing away', 'not come to mind', 'flesh and blood will not inherit', "first earth passed away", etc.....

it won't be a place for sin, death, mortals. It will be the eternal state; on the eternal New Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    When you say new, are you including the KJV? I think the originals from the time of Jesus are the ones which are right, unfortunately we don't have any quite that old, but we do have some from the 2nd century.
    Considering the differences between the KJV and the Douay?

Yes, I could include the KJV in that number.

The Douay IS the best version.

Or, at least the best I've seen so far.

The Bible Museum in Virginia (?) claims there are 2500 versions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post

The day of the lord STARTS with blackness. Hence the reason he comes as a thief in the NIGHT. Then after a pause of unknown time while those on earth crawl into the rocks the Lord returns as a blaze of fire as the sun coming down upon the earth in which starts the transformation of the NHNE.
    So it's dark but he doesn't actually show up as a thief in this darkness but waits until deciding to come as the brightest thing in the sky? Pretty contradictory.

No 1000 years between.
    The thousand years begins after Christ returns and defeats the FP and beast.

So he will come unexpected as everyone on earth is hiding anticipating his return.

lol, again you contradict yourself by saying unexpected and anticipating. It can't be both.

Note when the blood turns red he starts his decent.
    Moon not blood...but the moon doesn't turn red though it turns dark because the sun stops shining.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post

The day of the lord STARTS with blackness. Hence the reason he comes as a thief in the NIGHT. Then after a pause of unknown time while those on earth crawl into the rocks the Lord returns as a blaze of fire as the sun coming down upon the earth in which starts the transformation of the NHNE.
    So it's dark but he doesn't actually show up as a thief in this darkness but waits until deciding to come as the brightest thing in the sky? Pretty contradictory.

No 1000 years between.
    The thousand years begins after Christ returns and defeats the FP and beast.

So he will come unexpected as everyone on earth is hiding anticipating his return.

lol, again you contradict yourself by saying unexpected and anticipating. It can't be both.

Note when the blood turns red he starts his decent.
    Moon not blood...but the moon doesn't turn red though it turns dark because the sun stops shining.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information