Thread: Holy Spirit encounter?

Holy Spirit encounter?

I hope this is the place for this but my girlfriend an I split up due to long distance and it wasnt by my choice.

Needless to say that several days later, she was still on my mind. The love I had for her was just pouring out of my soul as I thought about her while I paced the floor.

Finally, I stopped the pacing and continous thoughts and leaned up against the counter staring down at the ground.

In that instant, a thought came to my mind that wasn't my own. Like soft mental words saying.... "She will contact you again". I was thinking without thinking and cant explain how or where it came from. It came in quickly and was gone. I immediately felt this sensation in my stomach and my chest got warm with this feeling of love followed by an amazing feeling of piece. All anxiety was gone in a split second. Its been a week now and I couldnt shake this peacefulness if I tried. Its constant from daylight till dark.

Now I know people break up everyday having never experienced anything like this. Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.

There has to be more to this message than simply giving me a heads up. Thanks.

Re: Holy Spirit encounter?

If I could just add to this. I could interpret those words of " she will contact you again" through the physical sensations within me. Through my stomach, my heart, and the steady calm that I still carry today.
    In my mind, a though or an emotion changes all the time and I would be bouncing off the walls with anxiety right now had I not recieved this awesome peace.
    It reminds me just how separated we are from our mind and body. The inner knowing I have accompanied by the calmness inside me completely shuts down any hounding mental thoughts because the feeling inside me is constant. Its kind of hard to get used to because I feel like if Im not worried about something Im not doing anything about it. Ive never experienced anything like this in my life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grshps View Post
    I hope this is the place for this but my girlfriend an I split up due to long distance and it wasnt by my choice.

Needless to say that several days later, she was still on my mind. The love I had for her was just pouring out of my soul as I thought about her while I paced the floor.

Finally, I stopped the pacing and continous thoughts and leaned up against the counter staring down at the ground.

In that instant, a thought came to my mind that wasn't my own. Like soft mental words saying.... "She will contact you again". I was thinking without thinking and cant explain how or where it came from. It came in quickly and was gone. I immediately felt this sensation in my stomach and my chest got warm with this feeling of love followed by an amazing feeling of piece. All anxiety was gone in a split second. Its been a week now and I couldnt shake this peacefulness if I tried. Its constant from daylight till dark.

Now I know people break up everyday having never experienced anything like this. Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.

There has to be more to this message than simply giving me a heads up. Thanks.

The Holy Spirit works in wonderful ways ! Why do you think there has to be more to the message ?

I guess what Im trying to say is... Based off of my experience/encounter, it would have to be a reconciling and a moving forward in a devine will based approval kind of way.
    I mean I couldnt imagine her making contact with me to say sorry it didnt work out.
    Your question alone reminds me that Im too hung up on the details. And that Ive recieved exactly what Im suppose to know in this moment.

Blog Entries

Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.
    Of course I don't know you or this situation well enough to say whether it was the Holy Spirit or not. What I would highly suggest is rooting yourself in one of His promises already given in the Bible. Feelings/emotions can be deceptive, especially when it has to do with relationships, and especially in times of heartache when we sort of "demand" that God intervenes or "fixes it." Seek God and His kingdom first, and trust Him to fulfill your needs whether that's in the form of peace or provision. Continue praying for that desire, but be thankful in either case, and submit to His will.

I know how to live humbly, and I know how to abound. I am accustomed to any and every situation - to being filled and being hungry, to having plenty and having need. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:12)

Not to say that you should just disregard your experience, since it must have had a profound effect on you. I'm only saying that you should derive your love and peace from what He has already said in Scripture. This way you will be able to withstand such anxiety without needing the situation itself to be resolved. But I hope the best for you, and that God provides.

Im a little concerned and curious as to why God would interrupt my life in such a profound way just to let me know I would hear from my girlfriend again.
    Of course I don't know you or this situation well enough to say whether it was the Holy Spirit or not. What I would highly suggest is rooting yourself in one of His promises already given in the Bible. Feelings/emotions can be deceptive, especially when it has to do with relationships, and especially in times of heartache when we sort of "demand" that God intervenes or "fixes it." Seek God and His kingdom first, and trust Him to fulfill your needs whether that's in the form of peace or provision. Continue praying for that desire, but be thankful in either case, and submit to His will.

I know how to live humbly, and I know how to abound. I am accustomed to any and every situation - to being filled and being hungry, to having plenty and having need. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:12)

Not to say that you should just disregard your experience, since it must have had a profound effect on you. I'm only saying that you should derive your love and peace from what He has already said in Scripture. This way you will be able to withstand such anxiety without needing the situation itself to be resolved. But I hope the best for you, and that God provides.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Cool Re: Holy Spirit encounter?

I guess what Im trying to say is... Based off of my experience/encounter, it would have to be a reconciling and a moving forward in a devine will based approval kind of way.
    I mean I couldnt imagine her making contact with me to say sorry it didnt work out.
    Your question alone reminds me that Im too hung up on the details. And that Ive recieved exactly what Im suppose to know in this moment.
    You were already "off the charts" upset about your breakup when you were pacing the floor. Your second statement suggests you would be bouncing off the walls if you did not get the message, am I right? What if this message is not from the HS but from that great liar that hates us all? What if it never comes to pass? Be careful here. Satan may be setting you up for suicide or as the very least depression. This girl obviously means more to you than God does. Satan will use that against you.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I have had the very same experience on several occasions in the past. Each time, I knew it was God talking. I personally believe though, that He may have just been trying to get you back on track with Him because you were getting carried away with your emotions. He might be making a promise of future with her or it could be as simple as you needing closure so He will see to it that she calls. Who knows...only God knows. Your job now is to just follow Jesus.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

I don't believe any human can answer your question. My personal experience is that affirmations can also occur, but not always. During turmoil Praying brings me peace, along with reading the Bible. Challenging times have often helped my faith more than easy or good times. Being patient and mindful not to test God is constantly a challenge as a human.

Thread Information