Thread: the mind of Christ and denying self

the mind of Christ and denying self

I want to help encourage anyone on denying self and taking up our cross daily and follow Jesus. But this feels troublesome when we are to deny self and fear what all we are to or may have to give up. But let this encourage you on what you gain when you deny self; you exchange your mind for the mind of Christ in you. Our own minds are selfish, self centered and riddled with trouble, anxiety, fear, depression, unstable, etc. But to focus on Christ himself and his mind in you; there is no instability in the mind of Christ, no worries, no fears, no anxiety, no depression, no confusion. His mind is holy and perfect and good in every good way.

Re: the mind of Christ and denying self

Quote Originally Posted by Mr King View Post
    I want to help encourage anyone on denying self and taking up our cross daily and follow Jesus. But this feels troublesome when we are to deny self and fear what all we are to or may have to give up. But let this encourage you on what you gain when you deny self; you exchange your mind for the mind of Christ in you. Our own minds are selfish, self centered and riddled with trouble, anxiety, fear, depression, unstable, etc. But to focus on Christ himself and his mind in you; there is no instability in the mind of Christ, no worries, no fears, no anxiety, no depression, no confusion. His mind is holy and perfect and good in every good way.
    Very well said Mr King i believe that the Lord sent you here with this message you've summed up the answer to church's problems in a nutshell..
    A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats.

~ Charles Spurgeon

Blog Entries

Re: the mind of Christ and denying self

Quote Originally Posted by Mr King View Post
    Exactly. This is what I have come to understand.
    I had all those in me, but denied myself not knowing the outcome, thinking just as you said, what do you have to give up.
    We fear losing something of ourselves, it's as if someone or something does not want you to go down that path.
    But when you do stop sinning and have the law written in your heart, he slowly repairs you, bringing the mind slowly to his truth.
    There is No way to download the truth all at once, first you must destroy the flesh make a new man in Christ to allow his spirit to guide us.

Thread Information