Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 237

Thread: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Here is a question when does the 1000 year reign end?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,661

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Here is a question when does the 1000 year reign end?
    When satan is released for a little while just prior to the second coming.

    2Thess 2
    8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Here is a question when does the 1000 year reign end?
    Who says the reign ends? It is only the present period of time with Satan bound which ends. This is what he 1,000 years refers to.

  4. #49

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    That's not exactly true because some of those outside the holy city can still enter the holy city if they believe.
    That's what the reign of Jesus is all about.

    Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Col.1:13

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
    Yes, the saved walk in the light of Christ's Kingdom, not the unsaved.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Trivalee,
    I never saw your reply from earlier in the thread.

    Where do you believe Ezekiel 40-48 should be venued or understood?

    Do you think it is before or after the 2nd Coming; or other?

  6. #51

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Here is a question when does the 1000 year reign end?
    It ends when when Jesus returns in glory. When our faith is realized.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    17,826

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    It ends when when Jesus returns in glory. When our faith is realized.
    So you don't believe the thousand years end exactly like Rev 20 indicates? Does it not say that it ends when satan is released a little season? Does Christ return at the beginning of satan's little season then, rather than at the end of it, that assuming the thousand years and little season occur in this age before the 2nd coming?

    Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty positive myself that when the text indicates when the thousand years are expired, that obviously means the thousand years have ended. Verse 8, regardless whether that happens in this present age or the next age, either way it will involve a period of time for satan to accomplish what he is trying to accomplish there. So even if the thousand years happens in this present age, it doesn't look like to me it ends once Christ has returned though. It would have already ended prior to the 2nd coming.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    When satan is released for a little while just prior to the second coming.

    2Thess 2
    8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
    That is when the binding ends do you think that the reigning ends at the same time or does the reigning never end?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    It ends when when Jesus returns in glory. When our faith is realized.
    Agreed thanks and then we dwell with Him enternally

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Who says the reign ends? It is only the present period of time with Satan bound which ends. This is what he 1,000 years refers to.
    So you think that satan is bound now?

    I think that it ends at the second coming myself

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,661

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    That is when the binding ends do you think that the reigning ends at the same time or does the reigning never end?
    As divaD said , the 1000 ends and then satan is released for a little season for those who perish, in order to finally judge those who rejected the Gospel.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    As divaD said , the 1000 ends and then satan is released for a little season for those who perish, in order to finally judge those who rejected the Gospel.
    I think that these scriptures tells us that it doesn't end until the second coming

    Daniel 2:44 44"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

    Rev 20:5
    5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)

    The rest of the dead come to life at the GWTJ

    rev 20:12
    12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Does Christ return at the beginning of satan's little season then, rather than at the end of it, that assuming the thousand years and little season occur in this age before the 2nd coming?

    Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    So even if the thousand years happens in this present age, it doesn't look like to me it ends once Christ has returned though. It would have already ended prior to the 2nd coming.
    Christ returns at the end of the little season.

    Did you notice there is also another reference to a little season before Christ returns? Are there two different little seasons? I think not.

    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

    So how long is this little season? Well a "season" is 90 days. So if the first four seals are 1260 days, then the fifth seal would be 1260/1290 to the 1335th day, hence a little season. Christ returns after day 1335.

    So little season ---> 2nd coming. Not little season ----> 2nd coming ----- another little season ----- ?? (3rd coming)

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Those on this thread realize there is a little season which occurs BEFORE Christ returns.

    Rev 6
    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

    So are there two little seasons? If there is another one after Christ returns then we have this scenario...

    Little season------> 2nd coming------Another little season--------?? (would call it a third coming??)

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Re-examining the Millennial Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Those on this thread realize there is a little season which occurs BEFORE Christ returns.

    Rev 6
    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

    So are there two little seasons? If there is another one after Christ returns then we have this scenario...

    Little season------> 2nd coming------Another little season--------?? (would call it a third coming??)
    The little season doesn't imply a coming. It simply speaks of a period of time which length is not exactly specified.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Nov 4th 2016, 10:24 PM
  2. Eden and the Millennial Kingdom
    By Trivalee in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Nov 3rd 2015, 07:23 PM
  3. Millennial Kingdom Animal Sacrifices
    By RCn10ec in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: Sep 21st 2013, 10:00 AM
  4. the millennial kingdom
    By locboxx in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: Mar 26th 2009, 09:49 PM
  5. Discussion Who are these mortals in the millennial kingdom
    By DIZZY in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: Dec 24th 2008, 11:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •