Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: What and when is the thousand years?

Re: What and when is the thousand years?

For what it's worth,
    Satan being cast to the earth shows his lowly state, this way,

All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Isa.14:10

The truth is, Jesus showed this evil spirit who we once regarded as mighty, really has no preeminence above a dog, or a cow, or any other beast.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Your view that the fall of Satan in associated with the crucifixion is impossible because the fall of Satan is associated with the church.
    Rev 12 mentions Satan accusing the church. The church overcomes by the blood of the lamb and testimony. There are martyrs. Only then does Satan fall. So to place the fall of Satan before the church began is incorrect. Context of Rev 12 places the fall of Satan after the church has been around.
    Yes he accused the church. He tried to utterly destroy it. The church foundation is the holy apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. So yes, the fall of Satan is associated with the church. Christ set up and established the church before he was crucified and he's coming back for the church when he returns. But not to dis annul the commandments of the law of the old covenant until the death of Christ, which set us free from the law of that old covenant to live accordingly to the new grace covenant.

The Woman (Jerusalem) was with child in labor ready to give birth (to the one who will rule the world with a rod of iron). When the birth took place was on the death of Christ.

Consider, the initial war started between the Woman and the dragon. The dragon's tail drew a 1/3 part of the stars from heaven and cast them to the Earth. And the dragon stood before the woman to devour the child as soon as it was born. Just because the text is written in verse 7 regarding the war in heaven does not post date the event of the war after the crucifixion. It was the blood of Jesus that won this war and through his work on the cross. Look at how the verse 10, "Now is come salvation"!, Now is come strength!, Now is come the kingdom of our God! For the accuser of our brethren is cast down.

Rev 12:10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But Jesus gets all the credit for the defeat of Satan. And not Mother Mary, or Apostle Peter, or any other martyr.

From here, the dragon went to make war with the remnant of his seed. This is where an introduction to the son of perdition being revealed and setting the stage introducing the rise of the beast in Rev. 13.

Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    Yes he accused the church. He tried to utterly destroy it. The church foundation is the holy apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. So yes, the fall of Satan is associated with the church. Christ set up and established the church before he was crucified and he's coming back for the church when he returns. But not to dis annul the commandments of the law of the old covenant until the death of Christ, which set us free from the law of that old covenant to live accordingly to the new grace covenant.

The Woman (Jerusalem) was with child in labor ready to give birth (to the one who will rule the world with a rod of iron). When the birth took place was on the death of Christ.

Consider, the initial war started between the Woman and the dragon. The dragon's tail drew a 1/3 part of the stars from heaven and cast them to the Earth. And the dragon stood before the woman to devour the child as soon as it was born. Just because the text is written in verse 7 regarding the war in heaven does not post date the event of the war after the crucifixion. It was the blood of Jesus that won this war and through his work on the cross. Look at how the verse 10, "Now is come salvation"!, Now is come strength!, Now is come the kingdom of our God! For the accuser of our brethren is cast down.

Rev 12:10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But Jesus gets all the credit for the defeat of Satan. And not Mother Mary, or Apostle Peter, or any other martyr.

From here, the dragon went to make war with the remnant of his seed. This is where an introduction to the son of perdition being revealed and setting the stage introducing the rise of the beast in Rev. 13.
    Thanks for the chat. We shall have to agree to disagree. I see some time between the ascension of the man child and the war in heaven because first the woman flees, then the woman is taken care of.

You are correct that it's all about Jesus, but the period of accusation and the period of triumphing by the word of testimony comes before the fall of Satan so I definitely cannot agree with you that this fall of Satan occurred before the church had a victorious actual testimony. But thanks for chatting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    For what it's worth,
    Satan being cast to the earth shows his lowly state, this way,

All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Isa.14:10

The truth is, Jesus showed this evil spirit who we once regarded as mighty, really has no preeminence above a dog, or a cow, or any other beast.
    No true believer regards Satan as "mighty" or "preeminent". While we do not deny his power to cause evil and pain, we also know he's no more than a dog or any other beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    No true believer regards Satan as "mighty" or "preeminent". While we do not deny his power to cause evil and pain, we also know he's no more than a dog or any other beast.
    But we weren't always believers. That's the point.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed Gen.3:15

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed Rev.12:17

Blog Entries

But we weren't always believers. That's the point.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed Gen.3:15

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed Rev.12:17
    My focus is on believers, not those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    My focus is on believers, not those who aren't.
    That's where my focus is too. I'm just comparing the believers who existed before, with those after Jesus ascended to heaven and what Satan did before and after Jesus ascended to heaven and guess what? There is no difference.

So the conclusion is that Satan being "cast to the earth" is accomplished by Christ and by faith in Christ. In other words, because Jesus's victory, Satan is no longer above us. Which also means, Jesus was always above the devil.

Blog Entries

So the conclusion is that Satan being "cast to the earth" is accomplished by Christ and by faith in Christ. In other words, because Jesus's victory, Satan is no longer above us. Which also means, Jesus was always above the devil.
    Satan already had dominion "on" the earth. So why being cast "to" the earth make a difference.

The text says Satan was cast "into" the earth, ie the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Satan already had dominion "on" the earth. So why being cast "to" the earth make a difference.
    Because in Christ we no longer see this world as we once did. The devil only has dominion over people outside of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    The text says Satan was cast "into" the earth, ie the pit.
    The pit is a hole that can never be filled.
    It's the love of this world.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea Rev.13:1

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit Rev.17:8

This is the place the Satan worshipper comes from.

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me Mt.4:9 (Come join me in my pit Jesus)

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. Rev.5:10

And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Mt.4:3 (Jesus, use your power to
    satisfy your flesh, get in this pit with me)

All the labour of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled. Ecc.6:7

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world 1Jn.2:16

Bottomless hole.

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. Rev.5:10 (Correction, Ecc.5:10)

Thread Information