Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What and when is the thousand years?

Re: What and when is the thousand years?

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Confused reasoning. The principalities and powers are still at work in the world which Jesus died for.
    But they're not at work in believers which Jesus died for and every sinner Jesus died for isn't going to be saved.

He will reign over that world and we with Him, but this is not true right now.
    What world are you talking about?

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire 2Pet.3;7

No evil thing is going to survive the return of Jesus in person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    But they're not at work in believers which Jesus died for and every sinner Jesus died for isn't going to be saved.
    True, but irrelevant when we are considering the Millennial Kingdom, as this is His kingdom on earth.

What world are you talking about?
    But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire 2Pet.3;7
    The NHNE, and by the way there will be sinners in it. Just read Rev 21 and 22 or Isaiah 65 & 66 which states there will be.

Just so it is clearly understood looking from earth and not looking down from the Temple in Heaven. Satan's star and planet not Earth but he also says he rules. It orbits our sun from the south to north it takes many thousands of years, one orbit. What this is saying is it will be bound in orbit for 1000 years, puts it out around Neptune. Two planets will be destroyed his and Earth. This is when the kingdoms become Christ they go to Heaven. After 1000 years the New Earth will be cooled enough then man can be place on it. A collection of species plus man from all nations will be planted on the New Earth and New Heavens. Satan is able to start again but God will destroy Him. Note Micheal's planet and Star cause this change a east, west orbit. Note another star farther out. Our system consist of our sun plus 3 dark stars to say. Don't think nasa to will you these things. Now you understand what really its saying.

True, but irrelevant when we are considering the Millennial Kingdom, as this is His kingdom on earth.
    The "millennial Kingdom" is a time for us to see that the earth has always belonged to the Lord. That time is now.

The NHNE, and by the way there will be sinners in it. Just read Rev 21 and 22 or Isaiah 65 & 66 which states there will be.
    I've read those passages. There are no unrepentant sinners in the new creation. The new creation is being formed now and the unrepentant aren't part of it.

Blog Entries

The "millennial Kingdom" is a time for us to see that the earth has always belonged to the Lord. That time is now.
    Wow!
    So you can clearly see the earth is the Lord's with Man wrecking it can you?
    The MK is not now.

I've read those passages. There are no unrepentant sinners in the new creation. The new creation is being formed now and the unrepentant aren't part of it.
    We as individuals are new creations and if we are unrepentant then we are not new, but this is not about individuals but about the world.
    As these passages clearly have sinners alive in the world DURING the NHNE it is contrary to your claim.

Wow!
    So you can clearly see the earth is the Lord's with Man wrecking it can you?
    The MK is not now.
    Because of Jesus, I can clearly see that God created all things, so the earth belongs to him, whether people believe it or not. And the only things unrepentant humans are really wrecking are themselves.

And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Heb.12:27

So the eternal is here now and that includes the faithful in Christ.

We as individuals are new creations and if we are unrepentant then we are not new, but this is not about individuals but about the world.
    It's about both.

As these passages clearly have sinners alive in the world DURING the NHNE it is contrary to your claim.
    Sinners remain during Christ's reign, where we are led by his Spirit. During this time, we become aware that living to the age of 100 years is really a very short life.

Our fight is NOT against flesh and blood but against the principalities and powers.
    Satan is not from here, and nor is the beast.
    I have nothing backwards.
    We are FROM here, but we have a citizenship which is with Him.
    Our citizenship is with Him...but doesn't this say we are not from here:

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Our citizenship is with Him...but doesn't this say we are not from here:
    John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
    No it doesn't say we are NOT from here. It means we are no longer citizens OF the world, because we changed our citizenship to the same as Him.
    This CHANGE of citizenship is because of the Word we are given.

Blog Entries

Because of Jesus, I can clearly see that God created all things, so the earth belongs to him, whether people believe it or not. And the only things unrepentant humans are really wrecking are themselves.
    And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Heb.12:27
    So the eternal is here now and that includes the faithful in Christ.
    Things indeed are being shaken, it shows then there are things which are NOT of His Kingdom IN the world right now.

It's about both.
    Indeed.

Sinners remain during Christ's reign, where we are led by his Spirit. During this time, we become aware that living to the age of 100 years is really a very short life.
    In the MK we will be immortal, reigning with Him as the second death has NO power over those who are resurrected at the START of the MK.

Journeyman, I am drawn more toward your understanding of this. I mean to me the church was already given the “keys to the kingdom” that the gates of hell would not prevail Matthew 16:18-19

There are though some things I am unclear about in your understanding. How do you take Rev 20:4. What does this mean to you?

Your understanding then of the rapture and second coming are at the GWT when the books are opened?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post

This is a study I did a few years ago it looks longer than it is

Introduction

There is a popular belief within the church that Christians in the future will reign with Jesus for 1000 years of peace upon the earth because satan is bound. Is this biblical? Does the bible actually say that? If this is true there are so many unanswered questions and assumptions, for example…

Does the 1000 year binding of satan and the 1000 year reign of the saints start and end at the same times?

If Jesus is living on the earth during the 1000 years, why is it not mentioned anywhere in the Bible including in the book of Revelation.

Where does Jesus go when satan is released?

Why do so many people turn against Jesus when satan is released?

Wouldn’t this mean that Jesus reign failed as at the end of his 1000 year earthly reign millions of people turn against him within a short period of time?

There are many more questions but we first need to investigate what the reigning and binding actually are and when they happen to get to those answers.
    Rev 20 says the following: They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

These are believers exposed to the beast, yet do not worship the beast. This exposure obviously occurs during the future because the beast is an end-times character destroyed at the second coming (Rev 19:19-21). The 1000 years comes after the exposure to this end-times beast as per the quote above, making it a future event, not a current event.

Things indeed are being shaken, it shows then there are things which are NOT of His Kingdom IN the world right now.
    I know brother. They're leaving. We're staying,

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend
    Mt.13:41

In the MK we will be immortal, reigning with Him as the second death has NO power over those who are resurrected at the START of the MK.
    Brother, we have eternal life now,

whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Jn.11:26

The 2nd death has no power over believers. It's believers who reign with Christ in us, as Jesus did, over all evil, over all the enemies of God.

Brother, look here. When Jesus returns, our reigning with him will be made manifest by the bodily resurrection. No unbeliever can survive this.

Journeyman, I am drawn more toward your understanding of this. I mean to me the church was already given the “keys to the kingdom” that the gates of hell would not prevail Matthew 16:18-19
    You're right and faith in Jesus is the key.

There are though some things I am unclear about in your understanding. How do you take Rev 20:4. What does this mean to you?
    He's showing how they were made alive in Christ and reigned with him. This book reveals not only the very person of Jesus Christ, but Christ in the lives of every believer who has ever lived.

Your understanding then of the rapture and second coming are at the GWT when the books are opened?
    Yes. This,

they were judged every man according to their works. Rev.20:13

Is this,

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it 1Cor.3:13

And these,

These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone Rev.19:20

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone Rev.20:10

Are these,

the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming 2Thes.2:8

For our God is a consuming fire. Heb12:29

Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. Psa.50:3

It's imperative to know that during the earthly of Jesus, when he walked on earth as a man, his enemies were not reigning over him. He was reigning over them. His bodily resurrection simply confirmed this.

The sinners mentioned in Rev 20 21 22, are not found in the NHNE in Christ’s Earthly Kingdom reign.

While Rev 20 21 22 does mention the wicked, I grant you that, their venue and location is always the Second Death in the Lake of Fire.

When Rev 20 concluded and Rev 21 22 are presented, no flesh and blood remain to inherit Christ’s Kingdom reign on Earth, and it is only filled with righteousness.

The wicked have been severed from among the just, the tares grow among the wheat no more, they are cast into the place prepared for the devil and his angels, these go into everlasting punishment.

Then the righteous shine forth as the sun in the Kingdom!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Rev 20 says the following: They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

These are believers exposed to the beast, yet do not worship the beast. This exposure obviously occurs during the future because the beast is an end-times character destroyed at the second coming (Rev 19:19-21). The 1000 years comes after the exposure to this end-times beast as per the quote above, making it a future event, not a current event.
    I see the beast as a demon influencing Rome in the first century mainly Nero. If you read the OP you will see what I think the 1000 years is

I also see rev 19 not as the second coming but a constant scene of Jesus defeating His enimies over all time not with an actual weapon but with the sword out of His mouth His word

Thread Information