Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why the Spirit is given to Jesus?

Re: Why the Spirit is given to Jesus?

I say this as a fellow truth seeker, I don't want to get into any deep details because the Spirit is guiding me not to at this time. Besides, I'm not qualified to teach the scriptures as do others who think they are qualified, I shared with you with what I wrote because you posed an interesting question that most people just gloss right over. They miss it because their eyes have not been opened to the truth. Only God, not man can teach you. You seemed to notice that there is something critical in that passage and I'm suggesting that you're on the right path. Just the fact that you noticed this, tells me that the Spirit is indeed working with you. Let the Spirit keep guiding you. To do this, drop everything you think you know and try to follow what I'm saying here.

You asked in your OP, why God the father gave Jesus the promised Holy Spirit after he had been exalted to the right hand of God. In my KJV Bible, I don't see the word "after." It may be in other translations, but no matter - the truth stands on its own without man's help. So consider the possibility that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at another time besides "after" he was exalted to the right hand of God.

Next read Acts 2:30-32 carefully, even the carnal mind can see what the main thought is that Peter is trying to present here. Find out what that thought is. The fact it's repeated three times is significant - numerous scriptures mention the number three, seek the connection.

Then reflect on the word "promise." People have had the Holy Ghost in some measure before Jesus was crucified on the cross. So having the Holy Ghost for a specific purposes and being promised the Holy Ghost are two different aspects, though they are related in type. Find out the difference.

I encouraged you not to let false dilemmas deter you in your quest for truth. A false dilemma is a posed question with no correct answer. Both answers are always wrong. It's symptomatic of duality based or carnal thinking. That's why I recommended casting out everything you think you know about what you're searching for. In fact, revelation of truth is not possible without this happening. It's no wonder Jesus told the Jews, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

In closing, Jesus is our map, what he went through, we must go through. That's why great detail was given especially during the last three plus years of his life (there's that number three again!) Conversely, we'll learn more of him too by looking at ourselves.

So instead of me telling you how it is, you'll have a greater love for God and His truth if search with all your heart and if it is in God's will that revelation will be given to you. Proverbs 8:17

Blessings

Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    In short, and for lack off better words, I believe the koG is the spirit realm. So I don't see a time when it ceased to exist on earth. Even when Israel failed God was active in the lives of men and the kingdoms of this world, bringing about his will. No man could resist his will to bring Christ.
    The Kingdom of God is God's ideal state of the world. Israel was called to implement that Kingdom, but ultimately failed over time. Other nations have tried to represent it in their Christian governments, and also have failed to maintain it over time.

But you're right in a sense. God's Kingdom always exists in heaven. It exists on earth only in the spiritual domain, but not in any earthly government--not unless a Christian government actually lives in covenant relationship with God and executes His laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Placed_Son View Post
    I say this as a fellow truth seeker, I don't want to get into any deep details because the Spirit is guiding me not to at this time. Besides, I'm not qualified to teach the scriptures as do others who think they are qualified, I shared with you with what I wrote because you posed an interesting question that most people just gloss right over. They miss it because their eyes have not been opened to the truth. Only God, not man can teach you. You seemed to notice that there is something critical in that passage and I'm suggesting that you're on the right path. Just the fact that you noticed this, tells me that the Spirit is indeed working with you. Let the Spirit keep guiding you. To do this, drop everything you think you know and try to follow what I'm saying here.
    I'm not a newcomer, brother. This is just a theological consideration, and I do believe that getting it right biblically can also help us spiritually. That is, this is not just an intellectual indulgence, but a spiritual consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Placed_Son
    You asked in your OP, why God the father gave Jesus the promised Holy Spirit after he had been exalted to the right hand of God. In my KJV Bible, I don't see the word "after." It may be in other translations, but no matter - the truth stands on its own without man's help. So consider the possibility that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at another time besides "after" he was exalted to the right hand of God.
    I don't have to question it--I already know it. Jesus received the Spirit in a number of ways, well before Pentecost. He was one Person in the Trinity. All three relate to one another by necessity. So when the Spirit operated in the life of Jesus, there was a purpose for it with respect to human salvation.

Next read Acts 2:30-32 carefully, even the carnal mind can see what the main thought is that Peter is trying to present here. Find out what that thought is. The fact it's repeated three times is significant - numerous scriptures mention the number three, seek the connection.
    You ask questions, and you refuse to give your own answers, as if this is some kind of "tease?"

Then reflect on the word "promise." People have had the Holy Ghost in some measure before Jesus was crucified on the cross. So having the Holy Ghost for a specific purposes and being promised the Holy Ghost are two different aspects, though they are related in type. Find out the difference.
    Thus far I'm not sure you know the difference yourself?

I encouraged you not to let false dilemmas deter you in your quest for truth. A false dilemma is a posed question with no correct answer. Both answers are always wrong. It's symptomatic of duality based or carnal thinking. That's why I recommended casting out everything you think you know about what you're searching for. In fact, revelation of truth is not possible without this happening. It's no wonder Jesus told the Jews, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
    I'm not on a "quest" for truth, as in "adventure," or "exploration." Truth is found in God, and I already have Him. I'm not searching for Him, but for better or more knowledge about His word.

In closing, Jesus is our map, what he went through, we must go through. That's why great detail was given especially during the last three plus years of his life (there's that number three again!) Conversely, we'll learn more of him too by looking at ourselves.

So instead of me telling you how it is, you'll have a greater love for God and His truth if search with all your heart and if it is in God's will that revelation will be given to you. Proverbs 8:17

Blessings
    I appreciate the concern, but you're not really offering up anything more than a "tease." I think you underestimate me.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    The Kingdom of God is God's ideal state of the world.
    No, that's The Kingdom (koG/koh).

Israel was called to implement that Kingdom, but ultimately failed over time.
    No, they were created to bring Christ who would bring The Kingdom (koG/koh).

But you're right in a sense. God's Kingdom always exists in heaven. It exists on earth only in the spiritual domain, but not in any earthly government
    In the regeneration it will exist in the koh.

I'm not a newcomer, brother. This is just a theological consideration, and I do believe that getting it right biblically can also help us spiritually. That is, this is not just an intellectual indulgence, but a spiritual consideration.
    I never said you are a newcomer, even if you are, what difference does that make? You may feel I think it's an intellectual indulgence, but I assure you it is not.

I don't have to question it--I already know it. Jesus received the Spirit in a number of ways, well before Pentecost. He was one Person in the Trinity. All three relate to one another by necessity. So when the Spirit operated in the life of Jesus, there was a purpose for it with respect to human salvation.
    If you know the answer, why you are soliciting responses?

You ask questions, and you refuse to give your own answers, as if this is some kind of "tease?"
    Where did I ask a question? I'm not obligated at all to give any answers to anyone, especially now since you already have the answers. If you call God hiding from men "teasing," so be it.

Thus far I'm not sure you know the difference yourself?
    It doesn't matter what I think. The point is that there is a difference.

I'm not on a "quest" for truth, as in "adventure," or "exploration." Truth is found in God, and I already have Him. I'm not searching for Him, but for better or more knowledge about His word.
    This so called "adventure" or "exploration" is about the experience, becoming what most people only read about. And I'm glad that you've found the Lord!

I appreciate the concern, but you're not really offering up anything more than a "tease." I think you underestimate me.
    Again, it's not about underestimating or being a newcomer, it's about being an overcomer - overcoming trivial, carnal concerns such as these.

I wish you Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Placed_Son View Post
    I never said you are a newcomer, even if you are, what difference does that make? You may feel I think it's an intellectual indulgence, but I assure you it is not.

If you know the answer, why you are soliciting responses?

Where did I ask a question? I'm not obligated at all to give any answers to anyone, especially now since you already have the answers. If you call God hiding from men "teasing," so be it.

It doesn't matter what I think. The point is that there is a difference.

This so called "adventure" or "exploration" is about the experience, becoming what most people only read about. And I'm glad that you've found the Lord!

Again, it's not about underestimating or being a newcomer, it's about being an overcomer - overcoming trivial, carnal concerns such as these.

I wish you Godspeed.
    Thank you. What I meant to say is that I already know God--I'm not in a "search" for Him. In this thread I'm seeking help, or further information, that will clarify what the Scriptures are talking about on this particular subject. This isn't a "spiritual quest," and it is *not* an attempt to judge fellow believers as "carnal" or "spiritual."

The "tease" I refer to is your cheerleading me without giving me any answers. This isn't appropriate, in my view. I welcome your thoughts, or possible answers, but not the rest.

No, that's The Kingdom (koG/koh).

No, they were created to bring Christ who would bring The Kingdom (koG/koh).

In the regeneration it will exist in the koh.
    Yes, I think our views diverge because you distinguish between KoG and KoH? I don't.

Yes, I think our views diverge because you distinguish between KoG and KoH? I don't.
    So how are wheat and tare growing up together in the koh until his return?

So how are wheat and tare growing up together in the koh until his return?
    The KoH/KoG is the Kingdom of Israel, before its fall. God's Kingdom and Israel's Kingdom were joined on earth through Israel's obedience to the Law, by a partly lawful government, which was only being temporarily tolerated by God.

And there are both children of God and children of the devil being produced in Israel. They look alike, since they all appear to be observing the Law outwardly. But inside God judges them by whether He is in the heart through His word.

In 70 AD the Kingdom of Heaven ceased to exist in Israel. There were Christians there, but the Romans basically ended Israel's Kingdom on earth.

But Jesus said the wheat and tare grow together until he returns.

In the koh, I might add. Not the case in the koG where there are no tare.

Thread Information