Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Blunt Betrays Missourians

Blog Entries

Re: Roy Blunt Betrays Missourians

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Isn't the real question whether he is in violation of some provision therein?
    That's what the courts determine. Congress can choose to rescind whether it's legal or not. They are a separate branch of government.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Two things.

1. I agree with what you wrote. How do you fell about this particular circumstance?

2. How were you able to edit your post?
    1. Trump is over reaching

2. I hit “edit” and viola - using an iPhone

Blog Entries

As I understand it, the President's power to declare a national emergency comes from the National Emergencies Act of 1976.
    Correct.

Trying to overstep the powers granted the president does, however, violate the Constitution that mandates a separation of powers and checks and balances for very good reasons.
    Obama did this more than once in different ways and Republicans went nuts over it. Trump wants to do it in another way and it's all well and fine because it's the end of it gives us something we know is needed?

No. There is no "The end justifies the means" scenario where this turns out for the long term good of the country.

Isn't the real question whether he is in violation of some provision therein? I agree it would be unconstitutional to side-step Congress unless doing so had been authorized previously by an act of Congress itself.
    It can be both at the same time not just one or the other.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    2. I hit “edit” and viola - using an iPhone
    After reading this, I figured out how to edit.

See my test thread (in Test Posts) with instructions
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

In this situation Congress made it's will known and put a bill before the President that he signed into law.

Others came to the President and explained to him how he could still fund the wall ( without declaring a National Emergency ) using means readily available to him.

President Trump, for whatever reason, decided to thwart the will of Congress and unnecessarily attempt to use powers granted by Congress to do so. He did this because he knew enough elected Republicans would back him in a vote because they are afraid that if they didn't Trump and their home voter base would turn against them.

The worst part about this whole thing is that Trump is right in a big way. "Sanctuary Cities" are in violation of our Constitution and laws just as much as the Confederacy was back in the Civil War days.
    Members of Congress ( and elected state officials including Governors and on down ) are knowingly and willfully acting against the security and sovereignty of our nation purely for political and monetary reasons and so have proven themselves to be corrupt or at the least unfit for office.
    The drugs, human trafficking and humanitarian suffering enabled by our broken, outdated immigration laws and lack of security at our borders and ports is actually a National Emergency and he is right to declare it so.
    Where he is wrong is tying money into that Congress voted to deny him.

I'm sure it is an effort on his part to show the American people just how corrupt they are and just how significant the problem is and if that's the case only time will tell if he'll be successful or not.
    I applaud and fully support his effort to get what needs done done. I don't agree that a President should, or should have to, do it in the way he's doing it with this national Emergency effort - just because of the money aspect of it. Money that Congress attempted to deny him.

I can only assume that he wanted a huge fight and he wanted it played out in front of the American people and to get everyday Americans involved in it in many ways. What I'm afraid of is that he'll win the fight and forever upset the balance of powers so badly needed in our government.

I'm also sure that whatever he does this Congress would fight him tooth and nail over it. Even over things they almost all fully supported in the past.
    The top Democrats leading their party have said the exact same things about the immigration problems and it being an emergency in the past.

They even supported the wall. Now they claim it's immoral and wrong in every way. Look it up. It totally boggles the mind.

Blog Entries

It’s simple. The democrats “resistance,” enhanced by their partners in the main stream media, and their power grab is more important than the safety of the American people.

In this situation Congress made it's will known and put a bill before the President that he signed into law.

Others came to the President and explained to him how he could still fund the wall ( without declaring a National Emergency ) using means readily available to him.

President Trump, for whatever reason, decided to thwart the will of Congress and unnecessarily attempt to use powers granted by Congress to do so. He did this because he knew enough elected Republicans would back him in a vote because they are afraid that if they didn't Trump and their home voter base would turn against them.

The worst part about this whole thing is that Trump is right in a big way. "Sanctuary Cities" are in violation of our Constitution and laws just as much as the Confederacy was back in the Civil War days.
    Members of Congress ( and elected state officials including Governors and on down ) are knowingly and willfully acting against the security and sovereignty of our nation purely for political and monetary reasons and so have proven themselves to be corrupt or at the least unfit for office.
    The drugs, human trafficking and humanitarian suffering enabled by our broken, outdated immigration laws and lack of security at our borders and ports is actually a National Emergency and he is right to declare it so.
    Where he is wrong is tying money into that Congress voted to deny him.

I'm sure it is an effort on his part to show the American people just how corrupt they are and just how significant the problem is and if that's the case only time will tell if he'll be successful or not.
    I applaud and fully support his effort to get what needs done done. I don't agree that a President should, or should have to, do it in the way he's doing it with this national Emergency effort - just because of the money aspect of it. Money that Congress attempted to deny him.

I can only assume that he wanted a huge fight and he wanted it played out in front of the American people and to get everyday Americans involved in it in many ways. What I'm afraid of is that he'll win the fight and forever upset the balance of powers so badly needed in our government.

I'm also sure that whatever he does this Congress would fight him tooth and nail over it. Even over things they almost all fully supported in the past.
    The top Democrats leading their party have said the exact same things about the immigration problems and it being an emergency in the past.

They even supported the wall. Now they claim it's immoral and wrong in every way. Look it up. It totally boggles the mind.
    Yes it does boggle the mind. But the issue in my opinion is not the politicians who spout things that contradict their own previously documented actions, but instead it's the way that those who so blindly and willfully ignorantly support their agenda regardless of what they have said or done in the past behave. The politicians are simply a representative of growing portion of our population. That is what scares me.

It’s simple. The democrats “resistance,” enhanced by their partners in the main stream media, and their power grab is more important than the safety of the American people.
    Agreed. But there is a growing group of the American people that they represent. When the Mill's get to the age that they are running the country, we are done if something doesn't change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    The politicians are simply a representative of growing portion of our population. That is what scares me.
    Part of an elected officials job is to fully explain and educate their voter base on important issues. The media, newspapers and later TV etc, used to also work to facilitate in educating the public with non biased fact based reporting.
    When Trump says "enemy of the people" and "Fake News!" he's correct. Mainstream media in the U.S. has become what Pravda is in Russia. It's been proven as a fact that the biggest "News" sources in the U.S. are in bed with and coordinate with the DNC and their political ideology.

So we have our elected representatives and our news sources not only failing in their duties but willfully trying to mislead the American people. And yes, it is all an effort to totally transform our country and to grab even more power than they already have.

And the vast power the Federal Government has now is already more than our Constitution allows for. But that's a whole other discussion.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Part of an elected officials job is to fully explain and educate their voter base on important issues. The media, newspapers and later TV etc, used to also work to facilitate in educating the public with non biased fact based reporting.
    When Trump says "enemy of the people" and "Fake News!" he's correct. Mainstream media in the U.S. has become what Pravda is in Russia. It's been proven as a fact that the biggest "News" sources in the U.S. are in bed with and coordinate with the DNC and their political ideology.

So we have our elected representatives and our news sources not only failing in their duties but willfully trying to mislead the American people. And yes, it is all an effort to totally transform our country and to grab even more power than they already have.

And the vast power the Federal Government has now is already more than our Constitution allows for. But that's a whole other discussion.
    I could not agree more. Don Lemon and Brian Acosta both have an agenda ( among many more ) but the sad thing to me is that the American people BELIEVE this crap.

Blog Entries

I could not agree more. Don Lemon and Brian Acosta both have an agenda ( among many more ) but the sad thing to me is that the American people BELIEVE this crap.
    I think you mean Jim Acosta but I agree about the agenda obviously. I don't however think that all Americans are buying what they're selling because their viewership numbers and readers/subscribers are WAY down and, sadly, most Americans don't even care enough to vote.

Look at the numbers of voting age people who live in America and compare them to the number of votes in elections. The difference is staggering and alarming.

I don't put a lot of blame on the Millennials either. They've been taught/indoctrinated to think and act the way they do by our Education system that is also hugely in bed with leftist political ideology.
    Not all schools and institutions but I'd estimate most of them and especially colleges. Most young people coming out of high school and college have been taught that America is a horrible country and has been since it founding and that "revolutionaries" like Che Guevara are hero and role models.
    They aren't taught to critically question what they are taught and continue expanding their knowledge and education outside of school they are taught to accept what they're told, everything they're told, and that those who disagree are enemies and oppressors.
    Throw in identity politics being taught as right and true and beyond question and you have vast amounts of people who not only wouldn't think of questioning the party line they refuse to acknowledge facts and reality.

Heck, a lot of them truly believe that facts and reality are malleable and it's fact and reality that must change not their opinions and beliefs and our media not only knows this they fully operate on that principle and exploit it.

What's really scary to me is that these Millennials are active and can't wait to vote because they truly believe our country ( and most Americans ) are a source of evil and they must change it and us.

And that's where our news media should be coming in. Their prime responsibility in these situations is to keep a check on and expose politicians and institutions who are corrupt, lying and attempting to mislead the people.
    That's journalism and what they all claim to hold sacrosanct. They're lying and journalism in America is mostly dead and buried.
    They have instead become complicit and part of the program.
    I know that will sound like some kind of conspiracy theory to some but it's not. It's reality that easy to see for anyone who truly has an open mind and critically examines these situations.

I think you mean Jim Acosta but I agree about the agenda obviously. I don't however think that all Americans are buying what they're selling because their viewership numbers and readers/subscribers are WAY down and, sadly, most Americans don't even care enough to vote.

Look at the numbers of voting age people who live in America and compare them to the number of votes in elections. The difference is staggering and alarming.

I don't put a lot of blame on the Millennials either. They've been taught/indoctrinated to think and act the way they do by our Education system that is also hugely in bed with leftist political ideology.
    Not all schools and institutions but I'd estimate most of them and especially colleges. Most young people coming out of high school and college have been taught that America is a horrible country and has been since it founding and that "revolutionaries" like Che Guevara are hero and role models.
    They aren't taught to critically question what they are taught and continue expanding their knowledge and education outside of school they are taught to accept what they're told, everything they're told, and that those who disagree are enemies and oppressors.
    Throw in identity politics being taught as right and true and beyond question and you have vast amounts of people who not only wouldn't think of questioning the party line they refuse to acknowledge facts and reality.

Heck, a lot of them truly believe that facts and reality are malleable and it's fact and reality that must change not their opinions and beliefs and our media not only knows this they fully operate on that principle and exploit it.

What's really scary to me is that these Millennials are active and can't wait to vote because they truly believe our country ( and most Americans ) are a source of evil and they must change it and us.

And that's where our news media should be coming in. Their prime responsibility in these situations is to keep a check on and expose politicians and institutions who are corrupt, lying and attempting to mislead the people.
    That's journalism and what they all claim to hold sacrosanct. They're lying and journalism in America is mostly dead and buried.
    They have instead become complicit and part of the program.
    I know that will sound like some kind of conspiracy theory to some but it's not. It's reality that easy to see for anyone who truly has an open mind and critically examines these situations.
    Jim...yes. I try to forget.

Blog Entries

Agreed. But there is a growing group of the American people that they represent. When the Mill's get to the age that they are running the country, we are done if something doesn't change.
    They are just being them, you know "believe" in Unicorns, fairy dust and happy people with no responsibilities...when they grow up and find out the world doesn't mete out participation awards and when they start paying real taxes, that'll change.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

No kidding. But I did some research on the founders and their idea of public education was to do exactly that. Unfortunately the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

They are just being them, you know "believe" in Unicorns, fairy dust and happy people with no responsibilities...when they grow up and find out the world doesn't mete out participation awards and when they start paying real taxes, that'll change.
    If they start paying taxes. In 2014, the top 50% of earners paid 97.3% of all income taxes while the bottom half paid 2.7% of all income taxes. And there are many that file taxes and get more money back than they paid in taxes through "tax credits".
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Thread Information