Thread: Christian genocide in Nigeria

Christian genocide in Nigeria

This article is from July 2018. But it continues over there.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/p...hPdnhp3YL2blQ8

Church leaders in Nigeria have said that Christians are experiencing "pure genocide" as 6,000 people, mostly women and children, have been murdered by Fulani radicals since January."What is happening in Plateau state and other select states in Nigeria is pure genocide and must be stopped immediately," said the Christian Association of Nigeria and church denominational heads in Plateau State in a press release last week.
    The church leaders said that "over 6,000 persons, mostly children, women and the aged have been maimed and killed in night raids by armed Fulani herdsmen," which is prompting their cry to the government of Nigeria "to stop this senseless and blood shedding in the land and avoid a state of complete anarchy where the people are forced to defend themselves."
    The press release also pleaded with the international community, as well as the United Nations, to intervene in the Fulani attacks, fearing they might spread to other countries as well.
    "We are particularly worried at the widespread insecurity in the country where wanton attacks and killings by armed Fulani herdsmen, bandits and terrorists have been taking place on a daily basis in our communities unchallenged despite huge investments in the security agencies," they added, saying President Muhammadu Buhari has failed to bring attackers to justice.
    They referenced several mass-scale attacks this year, including the slaughter of over 200 people, mostly Christians, at the end of June in raids carried out by the herdsmen on local area farmers near the city of Jos.
    Although some international news media has sought to characterize the killings as a land conflict between community groups, the church leaders, along with major persecution watchdog groups such as Open Doors USA and International Christian Concern, have all said that Christians are being deliberately targeted.

"We reject the narrative that the attacks on Christian communities across the country as 'farmers/herdsmen clash.' The federal government has been so immersed in this false propaganda and deceit while forcefully pushing the policy idea of establishing cattle ranches/colonies on the ancestral farming lands of the attacked communities for the Fulani herdsmen as the only solution to the problem," the press release declared, accusing the government of also pushing such a narrative.
    "How can it be a clash when one group is persistently attacking, killing, maiming, destroying; and the other group is persistently being killed, maimed and their places of worship destroyed? How can it be a clash when the herdsmen are hunting farmers in their own villages/communities and farmers are running for their lives?" the church leaders asked.
    "How can it be a clash when the herdsmen are the predators and the inhabitant/indigenous farmers are the prey? Until we call a disease by its real name and causatives, it would be difficult to properly diagnose the disease for the right curative medications."
    There have been different reports on the number of Christians killed in Nigeria since the start of the year.
    The International Society for Civil Liberties and the Rule of Law, Intersociety, stated on Tuesday that a combined total of 1,750 Christians, along with non-Muslims, have been killed both by the Fulani herdsmen, and by Boko Haram radicals, who are a separate terror group.
    Intersociety also warned of a genocide in its statement.
    "Nigeria is drifting to [a path of] genocide through killing, maiming, burning and destruction of churches and other sacred places of worship, and forceful seizure and occupation of ancestral, worship, farming and dwelling lands of the indigenous Christians and other indigenous religionists in Northern Nigeria," it said.
    Roman Catholic Bishop William Avenya of Gboko separately told charity Aid to the Church in Need that the world cannot wait for a full-on genocide before deciding to intervene.
    "Please don't make the same mistake as was made with the genocide in Rwanda," he pleaded, referring to the massacre of Tutsi people in Rwanda, where close to 1 million were killed in 1994.
    "It happened beneath our noses, but no one stopped it. And we know well how that ended," Avenya said.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Re: Christian genocide in Nigeria

While the article is vague, and doesn't detail who 'armed Fulani herdsmen' are, or what their 'political agenda is'; my bet is the rational human being could pick which ideology group the 'armed Fulani herdsmen' belong to from this list:
    • a Methodist sunday school class
    • Lutherans having a picnic
    • local Jews celebrating a bar-mitzfa
    • the monthly women's club bingo party
    • a senior citizen sponsored yard sale
    • islamic jyhadists following the teachings of mohammed and the sharia to advance the ummah by killing or dhimmituding all kafirs

If any of the words upstairs are unknown to you, look em up, they will constantly effect your lives, and your children and grandchildren, in the decades and centuries to come.

One group of the bunch, is waging civilizational war against all of the others; and they mark time not with watches and clocks (like impatient americans living in the moment), but with calendars and maps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    This article is from July 2018. But it continues over there.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/p...hPdnhp3YL2blQ8

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    There is indeed a systematic machine in place since the present Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari came into power in 2015 to wipe out the Christian population in Nigeria's northern region. Unlike the US where citizens have constitutional right to bear arms; Nigeria on the other hands don't have such provisions. Yet these hand-picked Jihadi group (don't confuse them with Boko Haram) under the guise of cattle herders apparently have immunity tote assault rifles (AK47, etc.) to kill, maim and burn down swathes of Christian enclaves with the Nigerian authorities inexplicably incapable of reining them in.

The Muslim controlled Nigerian federal govt claim that these existential attacks are perpetrated by Fulani Herdsmen (the Fulani is one of Nigeria's many ethnic tribes who are predominantly Muslim) in clashes with Christian farmers over grazing lands. But this is obviously a ruse. Many Nigerian Christians I've spoken to in London express their fear that if the international community don't come to their aid, Nigeria might become another Turkey (within 20 years) where Christians were wiped out.

The Nigerians I spoke to, pointed out that there was a lull in the killings during their just concluded national elections. And soon after the results were released and confirmed the incumbent president (under whose patronage the police can't touch them) as the winner in an election largely confirmed to be rigged, the killings resumed.

I abhor violence and taking of human life in any shape or form, however, it is sad that while there are an international outcry and condemnation for the reprehensible killing of 50 Muslim worshippers in New Zealand, the international community have failed to recognise that a far worse atrocity is being visited on Nigerian Christians for years.

Blog Entries

LAGOS, Nigeria, March 21, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Muslim terrorists continued to descend on Nigeria’s Middle Belt region, killing more than 140 people in predominantly Christian localities since February while much of the world was focused on the isolated murder spree by a deranged shooter at a New Zealand mosque on March 15.

World remains silent as Muslim terrorists kill hundreds of Christians in Nigeria
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/wo...ans-in-nigeria
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    LAGOS, Nigeria, March 21, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Muslim terrorists continued to descend on Nigeria’s Middle Belt region, killing more than 140 people in predominantly Christian localities since February while much of the world was focused on the isolated murder spree by a deranged shooter at a New Zealand mosque on March 15.

World remains silent as Muslim terrorists kill hundreds of Christians in Nigeria
    There is a very sad disparity in the way the international community responds to the massacre of Christians in comparison to Muslims.

VID-20190323-WA0005

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post

There is an appalling disparity in world response between the massacre of Muslims to that of Christians.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    There is an appalling disparity in world response between the massacre of Muslims to that of Christians.
    Exactly. Why do you think this is?
    “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post

It's nothing personal it's Jesus Christ in us that the world hates..

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Exactly. Why do you think this is?
    I can only speculate that it's down to the level of apostasy in the west. Or maybe not - I just don't know for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    It's nothing personal it's Jesus Christ in us that the world hates..

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
    Thank you, Jude. This is another way to look at it that I have not thought of...

I just had an interesting discussion with a Nigerian pastor visiting our town yesterday. Although he currently serves elsewhere in another African nation I asked him about this matter. He, and many others are fairly skeptical that these are actual Fulani herdsmen, but more likely Boko Haram who can speak the language and continuing their attacks under the cover of another group that traditionally moves around freely. The Fulani have long roamed around West Africa and never been an issue with other nations and peoples in the area (and is also consistent with my experience in West Africa).
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

Great observation TeddyV.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

While not in any way defending any murderer (or group of murderers) who kills people, let us be careful to do some research and get our facts right.

Fulani herdsmen are nomads known to also kill Muslims in some predominantly Muslim states in Nigeria. Also, there is much of cattle rustling in those predominantly Muslim states. I believe that it is more about their tribal nature of forcefully/violently invading a place and taking land from original owners than about killing Christians.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thread Information