Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Condemnation, and a savior

Re: Condemnation, and a savior

Yes, Follower1977, good points.

Quote Originally Posted by David ben Jesse View Post
    Yes, Follower1977, good points.
    God bless brother, consider this a bit further

Ok so Isaiah was prophet between 700 and 600 bc. The law of Moses, was given around 700-800 years before these prophecies. Moses said this in the times he was giving the law already stating plainly, another is going to come from God, having Gods words in his mouth, he will speak everything the lord commands him, and his words I will require of those who refuse to Hearken.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *18:18-19‬ *KJV‬‬

we don't need guess if this is Jesus because Peter tells us just after he is filled with the Holy Ghost

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Unto
    you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    **Acts‬ *3:22-24, 26‬ *KJV‬‬

okay, so even when Moses was mediating the law to the children of Israel, he had already declared another prophet will be raised up, he will speak my words and his words I will require of my people. In other words , Jesus words are Gods true law. Those words by which all men are judged. Knowing all this, consider the word of Jesus Christ.

Moses said then

"A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. "

The prophet Isaiah much later said

"Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. "

"The Lord of hosts is his name. And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.”

Jesus said....

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

The prophet Isaiah said...

"Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

and ...

....And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”
    Jesus said to his disciples who had received the gospel believing.....

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

the apostle Paul referring to the prophecies above in Isaiah among many other prophecies under oath said...

“But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

..Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.”
    **Acts‬ *26:20, 22-23‬ *KJV‬‬

now consider where we started

"Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. ".....

the words of Jesus Christ , are the law of God, the law of life' the law of light and truth. If a person has ever really looked into the book of Hebrews you will find the explaination that we in Christ have an entirely new covenant , that as Jeremiah foretold , was not according to the covenant at horeb from Sinai.

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
    **Jeremiah‬ *31:31-33‬ *KJV‬‬

they had Moses to give thier law, they had the blood of animals that enjoined them to his words, they had priests who themselves were inferior sinners, they had the spiritual law over sinful flesh , or carnal commandments. And they continually broke and defiled it, by design in order to bring the new his salvation sent to the ends of the earth....

we have the Son of the living God the anointed messiah who gave to us the law of spirit and life, we have the everlasting blood of the new and eternal covenant, we have a high priest without sin, who has entered into the heavens who is at the right hand of God making intercession for us. We have Jesus word, who says many times of his word

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
    **John‬ *5:24‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:42-43, 47, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

it's really apparent throughout scripture that the things Jesus was saying about his word, his gospel, were always promised, that his words were always going to superceed those of Moses , remember Moses himself said it, and Peter confirmed it, Paul also confirms the same , as does Stephen before he is stoned to death a group including Paul, who was Saul .

it's rather clear if one accepts the scripture it will lead us into truth, lead us to the words of Jesus Christ, by which faith is given , and life bursts forth. Words of salvation. Words of true freedom from sin

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”
    **John‬ *8:31-32, 34-36‬ *KJV‬‬

which again Paul as he always does, speaks of the same

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
    **Romans‬ *6:16-18, 20, 22-23‬ *KJV‬‬

it's about the doctrine of Jesus Christ , it's been the grand subject from the beginning and will always remain the same as he spoke it. It's our law eternal, it is the required doctrine of God. The law of Moses is inferior to the gospel, as much as Moses is inferior to the lord

from Moses himself speaking by command of God

I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *18:18-19‬ *KJV‬‬

to the prophets

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. "

"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
    **John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Here are more complete bits of the prophecies referenced I f one wishes to examine them

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for [B]a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. [/B]

.....but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The Lord of hosts is his name. And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.”
    **Isaiah‬ *51:4-6, 9, 15-16‬ *KJV‬‬

“Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
    <<< paul quotes this

The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.”
    **Isaiah‬ *52:6-7, 10, 13-15‬ *KJV‬‬

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? <<< Paul quotes this

..Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <<<< Peter quotes this

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
    **Isaiah‬ *53:1, 4-6, 9-12‬ *KJV‬‬

“Sanctify the Lord of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken. Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. <<<<<< this is quoted by Paul, Peter and the book of Hebrews....

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”
    **Isaiah‬ *8:13-18, 20‬ *KJV‬‬

we know who the light is....

“Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”
    **Isaiah‬ *49:1-2, 5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

major parts of Paul, Peter and all the disciples doctrine comes from these types of prophecies throughout the bible from Abraham to Isaac and Jacob, to Moses. And all the prophets after. It's all been building up to the arrival of the savior, the messiah, and all who came after him, were exclaiming he is the way go to Jesus hear and follow the gospel eternal life is within

Thread Information