Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Daniel the AC overthrows 3 kings/horns. In Revelation this does not happen. Why?

Blog Entries

Re: In Daniel the AC overthrows 3 kings/horns. In Revelation this does not happen. Wh

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    I see it exactly as John told us the heads are symbolic for 7 literal mountains (to identify the city) and 7 literal kings
    How is a literal or symbolic mountain wounded unto death and then healed?

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Blog Entries

Re: In Daniel the AC overthrows 3 kings/horns. In Revelation this does not happen. Wh

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Sure but both are not different. They represent the same subject. Thus the mountains cannot be literal as then the heads would have to be literal mountains.
    Rather logically, The heads represents a literal subject mater ie kings/countries/churches wherein the mountains are figurative to represent the same subject. And mountains at times do describe such.
    Note I believe the 7 heads represent churches those which follow the beast. God's kingdom is set upon 7 churches likewise the Beast's.
    Yes BOTH are different.
    The Heads IS what is figurative FOR things which ARE literal. The Head as a symbol can have more than one meaning, which we are told IS the case.
    The Head therefore IS figurative for a mountain and IS figurative for a king, with its kingdom.
    The Head is what is wounded, and thus the question is what does this FIGURATIVE event refer to.

Blog Entries

How is a literal or symbolic mountain wounded unto death and then healed?

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    Its not but as I mentioned the mountains just show who it is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Yes BOTH are different.
    The Head therefore IS figurative for a mountain and IS figurative for a king, with its kingdom.
    No. the heads and the mountains are the same which both are figurative for the seven kings..

How can the heads both be literal for mountains and kings?

The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings:

Blog Entries

No. the heads and the mountains are the same which both are figurative for the seven kings..

The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings:
    No, the Heads ARE FIGURATIVELY there in place of the mountains, AND the Heads ARE FIGURATIVELY there in place of the kings.
    Rev 17:9* This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;*
    Rev 17:10* they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.

The Kings are NOT divorced or separate to the Heads.

Blog Entries

No, the Heads ARE FIGURATIVELY there in place of the mountains, AND the Heads ARE FIGURATIVELY there in place of the kings.
    Rev 17:9* This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;*
    Rev 17:10* they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.

The Kings are NOT divorced or separate to the Heads.

How can the heads be both figuratively for literal mountains and then literal kings.

This would then mean literal mountains are the same as literal kings.....

The heads and mountains are figurative for the 7 kings.

Blog Entries

How can the heads be both figuratively for literal mountains and then literal kings.
    Not hard at all.
    If you have an eagle as a symbol, you might see it as figuratively speaking of nobility, or power, or freedom. ALL 3 can be considered from the one symbol.
    The Heads ARE figurative, this means they do NOT become the literal thing, they simply are representative of a literal thing.
    In this case they are representative of more than one literal thing.

Not hard at all.
    If you have an eagle as a symbol, you might see it as figuratively speaking of nobility, or power, or freedom. ALL 3 can be considered from the one symbol.
    The Heads ARE figurative, this means they do NOT become the literal thing, they simply are representative of a literal thing.
    In this case they are representative of more than one literal thing.

Blog Entries

Its not but as I mentioned the mountains just show who it is
    So of course you see literal mountains because you think they pertain to Rome.

The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Your thought is the following...…

The seven figurative heads are actually seven literal mountains on which the woman sits.

So again, answer the question.... How is a head which is figuratively a literal mountain wounded unto death?

Blog Entries

Not hard at all.
    Right it would be one thing if they represented same subject matter as your example of the eagle. But you are claiming heads being literal for mountains and kings????????

It would be more understanding for literal kings to be figurative mountains and figurative heads.

Blog Entries

The 7 heads are the 7 kings...…

Rev 12
    3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Rev 13
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast

A head which is wounded, the healed head signifies the 8th head/king!!!! (little horn)

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Blog Entries

Right it would be one thing if they represented same subject matter as your example of the eagle. But you are claiming heads being literal for mountains and kings????????
    It would be more understanding for literal kings to be figurative mountains and figurative heads.
    No I did NOT say the Heads are LITERAL, I said the Heads are FIGURATIVE. Power is NOT Nobility which is NOT Freedom. So the Heads are FIGURATIVE for LITERAL Mountains, and also FIGURATIVE for LITERAL Kings.
    A Mountain can be said to be a head for a range, and a king is a head for a kingdom.

Blog Entries

So the Heads are FIGURATIVE for LITERAL Mountains, and also FIGURATIVE for LITERAL Kings.
    A Mountain can be said to be a head for a range, and a king is a head for a kingdom.
    You know well that a figurative heads cannot represent both a literal mountain and a king at the same time perhaps a king and a kingdom.

So then if the figurative heads represent both then whatever happens to the heads would happen to both. So answer the question.... How is a head which is figuratively a literal mountain wounded unto death?

Blog Entries

You know well that a figurative heads cannot represent both a literal mountain and a king at the same time perhaps a king and a kingdom.
    So then if the figurative heads represent both then whatever happens to the heads would happen to both. So answer the question.... How is a head which is figuratively a literal mountain wounded unto death?
    Actually a Head CAN represent BOTH a literal mountain and a literal king.
    What happens to a LITERAL King is NOT happening to a figurative Head.
    However what happens to a figurative Head we COULD think should apply to BOTH literal aspects. That is a logical claim.

However IF the Head is being ONLY considered as a person THEN we have to follow what is stated and see it as a king.
    In Rev 13:3 this is clearly in CONTEXT dealing with a person as it has a mouth to speak blasphemies and it is given authority.

Blog Entries

The seven figurative heads are actually seven literal mountains on which the woman sits.

So again, answer the question.... How is a head which is figuratively a literal mountain wounded unto death?
    I did already answer

That is not my thought

Revelation 17:9-10
    9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.

My though is "they are also 7 kings" also being the key word

I did already answer

That is not my thought

Revelation 17:9-10
    9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.

Blog Entries

I agree however then the heads can't also be 7 literal mountains if they are 7 literal kings .

Thread Information