Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 252

Thread: Seven year tribulation period

  1. #106

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    There is no scripture which speaks of a 7 year tribulation.
    What you do have is a 7 year period, and then you have two lots of approximately 3 and a half years, which follow each other. These are the 6th and 7th trumpet.

    Personally I don't believe in a 7 year Great Tribulation, and this is partly why.


    There is no scripture which speaks of a 7 year tribulation.
    What you do have is a 7 year period, and then you have two lots of approximately 3 and a half years, which follow each other. These are the 6th and 7th trumpet.

    Personally I don't believe in a 7 year Great Tribulation, and this is partly why.
    So how do you conclude that the 6th and 7th trumpet are two three and a half events?
    Where do you find this in Scripture?

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,611

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    So how do you conclude that the 6th and 7th trumpet are two three and a half events?
    Where do you find this in Scripture?
    I will do the easy part.

    Here are the 3.5 year periods in Revelation.
    There are 5 of them in total.

    Occurrence #1) Rev 11:02 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Occurrence #2) Rev 11:03 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
    Occurrence #3) Rev 12:06 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    Occurrence #4) Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    Occurrence #5) Rev 13:05 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.



    7-year tribulationalists, get to do the hard part.

    Show us via the scriptures, (don't go into opinion or personal speculation), where SCRIPTURE ITSELF tells us to put two of these five 3.5 year periods together, and then identify them as 'the seven year tribulation period'.

    If you can, great...further enriching discussion.

    If you can't, then self-check time on why you've adopted this speculation....

    Also anyone, show us from the scriptures where:
    7 Seals plus 7 Trumpets plus 7 bowls = 7 years.

  3. #108

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    I will do the easy part.

    Here are the 3.5 year periods in Revelation.
    There are 5 of them in total.

    Occurrence #1) Rev 11:02 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Occurrence #2) Rev 11:03 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
    Occurrence #3) Rev 12:06 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    Occurrence #4) Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    Occurrence #5) Rev 13:05 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.



    7-year tribulationalists, get to do the hard part.

    Show us via the scriptures, (don't go into opinion or personal speculation), where SCRIPTURE ITSELF tells us to put two of these five 3.5 year periods together, and then identify them as 'the seven year tribulation period'.

    If you can, great...further enriching discussion.

    If you can't, then self-check time on why you've adopted this speculation....

    Also anyone, show us from the scriptures where:
    7 Seals plus 7 Trumpets plus 7 bowls = 7 years.
    Great Post!

    Listed are 5 periods. But all 5 periods are not end time events and others are duplicates of the same event.

    Occurrence 3 event - Period of the Ministry of Jesus from age 30 to 33-1/2 (3-1/2 Years).
    Occurrence 2 & 4 are the same event - Period of the two Witnesses (3-1/2 Years).
    Occurrence 1 & 5 are the same event - Period of the Man of Sin, son of Perdition (3-1/2 Years).


    Regarding the 7 Seals plus 7 Trumpets plus 7 bowls: These are not in consecutive order as being 7+7+7.

    But rather:
    The 7 Vials were all opened by and are a part of the 7th Trumpet.
    The 7 Trumpets were all opened by and are a part of the 7th Seal.

    Sort of like Russian stacking dolls or Matryoshka dolls. One inside of the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    I will do the easy part.

    Here are the 3.5 year periods in Revelation.
    There are 5 of them in total.

    Occurrence #1) Rev 11:02 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Occurrence #2) Rev 11:03 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
    Occurrence #3) Rev 12:06 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    Occurrence #4) Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    Occurrence #5) Rev 13:05 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.



    7-year tribulationalists, get to do the hard part.

    Show us via the scriptures, (don't go into opinion or personal speculation), where SCRIPTURE ITSELF tells us to put two of these five 3.5 year periods together, and then identify them as 'the seven year tribulation period'.

    If you can, great...further enriching discussion.

    If you can't, then self-check time on why you've adopted this speculation....

    Also anyone, show us from the scriptures where:
    7 Seals plus 7 Trumpets plus 7 bowls = 7 years.
    Great Post!

    Listed are 5 periods. But all 5 periods are not end time events and others are duplicates of the same event.

    Occurrence 3 event - Period of the Ministry of Jesus from age 30 to 33-1/2 (3-1/2 Years).
    Occurrence 2 & 4 are the same event - Period of the two Witnesses (3-1/2 Years).
    Occurrence 1 & 5 are the same event - Period of the Man of Sin, son of Perdition (3-1/2 Years).


    Regarding the 7 Seals plus 7 Trumpets plus 7 bowls: These are not in consecutive order as being 7+7+7.

    But rather:
    The 7 Vials were all opened by and are a part of the 7th Trumpet.
    The 7 Trumpets were all opened by and are a part of the 7th Seal.

    Sort of like Russian stacking dolls or Matryoshka dolls. One inside of the other.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    So how do you conclude that the 6th and 7th trumpet are two three and a half events?
    Where do you find this in Scripture?
    Very simple, the 6th trumpet is blown and then various events occur which are specified in scripture INCLUDING this:
    Rev 11:3* And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

    So AFTER the 6th trumpet and BEFORE the 7th trumpet is a SPECIFIED period of just under 3 and a half years.

    We then have the 7th Trumpet blown and as part of the 7th trumpet we have this:
    Rev 13:5* And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

    42 months is normally counted as 3 and a half years.

    So the ONLY question really is why PEOPLE don;t think Rev 13 comes AFTER Rev 11.
    About the ONLY reason I have heard, which makes any kind of sense, is that because the 7th trumpet is the LAST specified trumpet blast in Revelation, so it is the Last Trumpet as mentioned in 1 Cor 15. Yet it is NOT associated we that in Revelation and as the AC CANNOT rule while the TWO Witnesses are prophesying and witnessing in Jerusalem, so we find the consecutive nature makes complete sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    So how do you conclude that the 6th and 7th trumpet are two three and a half events?
    Where do you find this in Scripture?
    Very simple, the 6th trumpet is blown and then various events occur which are specified in scripture INCLUDING this:
    Rev 11:3* And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

    So AFTER the 6th trumpet and BEFORE the 7th trumpet is a SPECIFIED period of just under 3 and a half years.

    We then have the 7th Trumpet blown and as part of the 7th trumpet we have this:
    Rev 13:5* And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

    42 months is normally counted as 3 and a half years.

    So the ONLY question really is why PEOPLE don;t think Rev 13 comes AFTER Rev 11.
    About the ONLY reason I have heard, which makes any kind of sense, is that because the 7th trumpet is the LAST specified trumpet blast in Revelation, so it is the Last Trumpet as mentioned in 1 Cor 15. Yet it is NOT associated we that in Revelation and as the AC CANNOT rule while the TWO Witnesses are prophesying and witnessing in Jerusalem, so we find the consecutive nature makes complete sense.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

    So the ONLY question really is why PEOPLE don;t think Rev 13 comes AFTER Rev 11.
    About the ONLY reason I have heard, which makes any kind of sense, is that because the 7th trumpet is the LAST specified trumpet blast in Revelation, so it is the Last Trumpet as mentioned in 1 Cor 15. Yet it is NOT associated we that in Revelation and as the AC CANNOT rule while the TWO Witnesses are prophesying and witnessing in Jerusalem, so we find the consecutive nature makes complete sense.
    The Last Trumpet blast is the one Paul prophesied about in 1 Corinthians 15:32. That is the call for all the dead to rise for their Judgment, as per Revelation 20:11-15 and Daniel 7:8-10.

    The Seventh Trumpet of Revelation 11:15, cannot be the last one, as the 1000 year Millennium must pass first.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

    So the ONLY question really is why PEOPLE don;t think Rev 13 comes AFTER Rev 11.
    About the ONLY reason I have heard, which makes any kind of sense, is that because the 7th trumpet is the LAST specified trumpet blast in Revelation, so it is the Last Trumpet as mentioned in 1 Cor 15. Yet it is NOT associated we that in Revelation and as the AC CANNOT rule while the TWO Witnesses are prophesying and witnessing in Jerusalem, so we find the consecutive nature makes complete sense.
    The Last Trumpet blast is the one Paul prophesied about in 1 Corinthians 15:32. That is the call for all the dead to rise for their Judgment, as per Revelation 20:11-15 and Daniel 7:8-10.

    The Seventh Trumpet of Revelation 11:15, cannot be the last one, as the 1000 year Millennium must pass first.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The Last Trumpet blast is the one Paul prophesied about in 1 Corinthians 15:32. That is the call for all the dead to rise for their Judgment, as per Revelation 20:11-15 and Daniel 7:8-10.
    The Seventh Trumpet of Revelation 11:15, cannot be the last one, as the 1000 year Millennium must pass first
    I agree, the 7th Trumpet is NOT the Last, however there are those who brought to life BEFORE the Millennial Kingdom, and as the Last Trumpet is NOT spoken of by Paul in relation to judgement, but for salvation for those in Jesus, we differ as to the timing.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I agree, the 7th Trumpet is NOT the Last, however there are those who brought to life BEFORE the Millennial Kingdom, and as the Last Trumpet is NOT spoken of by Paul in relation to judgement, but for salvation for those in Jesus, we differ as to the timing.
    But Paul's prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 IS about the Last Judgment after the Millennium. Proved by how it is only then that Death is no more. Revelation 21:1-7 As that happens on the final day of the 7000 years decreed by God for mankind; that Trumpet blast will be the final one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I agree, the 7th Trumpet is NOT the Last, however there are those who brought to life BEFORE the Millennial Kingdom, and as the Last Trumpet is NOT spoken of by Paul in relation to judgement, but for salvation for those in Jesus, we differ as to the timing.
    But Paul's prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 IS about the Last Judgment after the Millennium. Proved by how it is only then that Death is no more. Revelation 21:1-7 As that happens on the final day of the 7000 years decreed by God for mankind; that Trumpet blast will be the final one.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    But Paul's prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 IS about the Last Judgment after the Millennium. Proved by how it is only then that Death is no more. Revelation 21:1-7 As that happens on the final day of the 7000 years decreed by God for mankind; that Trumpet blast will be the final one.
    Nope 1 Cor 15 is NOT about the Last Judgement. There is a small amount in 1 Cor 15 which is about the Last Judgement resurrection:
    1Co 15:24* Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.*
    1Co 15:25* For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.*
    1Co 15:26* The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

    Notice that "the end" occurs at some point in time AFTER verse 23:
    1Co 15:23* But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

    We don't know from these verse alone how long. It could be immediately after (which is what you seem to claim) or a 1,000 years after.

    The confusion seems to come from verse 26 where you correctly note that the last enemy "death" is destroyed.
    1Co 15:54* When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”*
    1Co 15:55* “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”*
    1Co 15:56* The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.*
    1Co 15:57* But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.*

    You then tie that into these verses and so mistakenly say that it is the SAME event.
    However you should pay attention to who is putting on the imperishable - it is NOT those who are to be cast into the LoF. No, the promise of eternal life, immortality, is ONLY for those who believe in Jesus, and therefore the VICTORY noted in verse 57 was achieved at the cross, but made manifest in those who belong to Christ AT HIS COMING (v23), and only finalised AFTER the Last Judgement - and NOT BEFORE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    But Paul's prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 IS about the Last Judgment after the Millennium. Proved by how it is only then that Death is no more. Revelation 21:1-7 As that happens on the final day of the 7000 years decreed by God for mankind; that Trumpet blast will be the final one.
    Nope 1 Cor 15 is NOT about the Last Judgement. There is a small amount in 1 Cor 15 which is about the Last Judgement resurrection:
    1Co 15:24* Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.*
    1Co 15:25* For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.*
    1Co 15:26* The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

    Notice that "the end" occurs at some point in time AFTER verse 23:
    1Co 15:23* But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

    We don't know from these verse alone how long. It could be immediately after (which is what you seem to claim) or a 1,000 years after.

    The confusion seems to come from verse 26 where you correctly note that the last enemy "death" is destroyed.
    1Co 15:54* When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”*
    1Co 15:55* “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”*
    1Co 15:56* The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.*
    1Co 15:57* But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.*

    You then tie that into these verses and so mistakenly say that it is the SAME event.
    However you should pay attention to who is putting on the imperishable - it is NOT those who are to be cast into the LoF. No, the promise of eternal life, immortality, is ONLY for those who believe in Jesus, and therefore the VICTORY noted in verse 57 was achieved at the cross, but made manifest in those who belong to Christ AT HIS COMING (v23), and only finalised AFTER the Last Judgement - and NOT BEFORE.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    FHG, I have not made a mistake.
    The prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is solely about the Great White Throne Judgment, at the end of the Millennium.

    It is you that is fixing an entire belief on people receiving immortality before that, something that is never stated elsewhere in the Bible.
    Those martyrs whose souls Jesus brings with His at His Return, Revelation 20:4, are brought back to life, NOT immortality yet. Like every person that has ever lived, they await the Book of Life to be opened, at the GWTJ.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    FHG, I have not made a mistake.
    The prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is solely about the Great White Throne Judgment, at the end of the Millennium.
    You haven't dealt with the point I made, but just restated your view.
    Who is given eternal life?
    ONLY those who belong to Christ.
    1 Cor 15:50 - 56 is therefore ONLY about those who are brothers, who are IN Christ. It is therefore NOT about the GWToJ.

    Now if you wish to argue that those who reject Christ are given the gift of eternal life, then please explain how you come to such a rationalisation.
    Otherwise ACCEPT the FACT that this speaks of those IN Christ who are given the gift of eternal life, IN THE ORDER that 1 Cor 15:23 states!

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    FHG, I have not made a mistake.
    The prophecy in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is solely about the Great White Throne Judgment, at the end of the Millennium.
    You haven't dealt with the point I made, but just restated your view.
    Who is given eternal life?
    ONLY those who belong to Christ.
    1 Cor 15:50 - 56 is therefore ONLY about those who are brothers, who are IN Christ. It is therefore NOT about the GWToJ.

    Now if you wish to argue that those who reject Christ are given the gift of eternal life, then please explain how you come to such a rationalisation.
    Otherwise ACCEPT the FACT that this speaks of those IN Christ who are given the gift of eternal life, IN THE ORDER that 1 Cor 15:23 states!

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    You haven't dealt with the point I made, but just restated your view.
    Who is given eternal life?
    ONLY those who belong to Christ.
    1 Cor 15:50 - 56 is therefore ONLY about those who are brothers, who are IN Christ. It is therefore NOT about the GWToJ.

    Now if you wish to argue that those who reject Christ are given the gift of eternal life, then please explain how you come to such a rationalisation.
    Otherwise ACCEPT the FACT that this speaks of those IN Christ who are given the gift of eternal life, IN THE ORDER that 1 Cor 15:23 states!
    That prophecy of Paul's is about faithful Christians, as you say.
    It tells us when they will receive Eternal life, the gift that we are promised but do not receive until the Book of Life is opened at the GWTJ.

    Paul does not mention all the rest of the dead and those living at that time, whose names are not in the BoL. Revelation 20:14 does.
    Those Christians living at that time, will have the amazing experience of an instant transformation into immortality, without ever dying.

    I have already addressed 1 Cor 15:23, where it refers only to the martyrs killed during the GT, who will be brought back to life. Revelation 20:4
    All the rest of the dead must await the end of the Millennium.
    It is devious of you to say that I think those who reject Christ will receive Eternal life. Just a nasty accusation, because you and everyone can see that there is no general resurrection before the GWTJ.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    That prophecy of Paul's is about faithful Christians, as you say.
    It tells us when they will receive Eternal life, the gift that we are promised but do not receive until the Book of Life is opened at the GWTJ.
    No clear reasoning used here. You claim that 1 Cor 15 shows WHEN we receive eternal life, but then note it is when the Book of Life is opened at the GWToJ, and therefore NOT based on what 1 Cor 15 states.
    The BoL at the GWToJ is NOT for Christians but for those who are being judged as to whether they receive eternal life or not - something that NO Christian will go through.

    Paul does not mention all the rest of the dead and those living at that time, whose names are not in the BoL. Revelation 20:14 does.
    Those Christians living at that time, will have the amazing experience of an instant transformation into immortality, without ever dying.
    You mean those Christians living when Jesus returns!

    I have already addressed 1 Cor 15:23, where it refers only to the martyrs killed during the GT, who will be brought back to life. Revelation 20:4
    All the rest of the dead must await the end of the Millennium.
    1 Cor 15:23 does NOT refer to martyrs. Therefore you are adding this speculatively. Paul has THREE specific time: Christ; Christians; the end.

    It is devious of you to say that I think those who reject Christ will receive Eternal life. Just a nasty accusation, because you and everyone can see that there is no general resurrection before the GWTJ.
    Nothing devious about it. It is a straight forward result of YOUR claim about 1 Cor 15.
    I agree there is NO general resurrection before the GWToJ. However the resurrection of Christians is NOT a GENERAL resurrection, but a SPECIFIC one of ONLY those who are IN Christ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    That prophecy of Paul's is about faithful Christians, as you say.
    It tells us when they will receive Eternal life, the gift that we are promised but do not receive until the Book of Life is opened at the GWTJ.
    No clear reasoning used here. You claim that 1 Cor 15 shows WHEN we receive eternal life, but then note it is when the Book of Life is opened at the GWToJ, and therefore NOT based on what 1 Cor 15 states.
    The BoL at the GWToJ is NOT for Christians but for those who are being judged as to whether they receive eternal life or not - something that NO Christian will go through.

    Paul does not mention all the rest of the dead and those living at that time, whose names are not in the BoL. Revelation 20:14 does.
    Those Christians living at that time, will have the amazing experience of an instant transformation into immortality, without ever dying.
    You mean those Christians living when Jesus returns!

    I have already addressed 1 Cor 15:23, where it refers only to the martyrs killed during the GT, who will be brought back to life. Revelation 20:4
    All the rest of the dead must await the end of the Millennium.
    1 Cor 15:23 does NOT refer to martyrs. Therefore you are adding this speculatively. Paul has THREE specific time: Christ; Christians; the end.

    It is devious of you to say that I think those who reject Christ will receive Eternal life. Just a nasty accusation, because you and everyone can see that there is no general resurrection before the GWTJ.
    Nothing devious about it. It is a straight forward result of YOUR claim about 1 Cor 15.
    I agree there is NO general resurrection before the GWToJ. However the resurrection of Christians is NOT a GENERAL resurrection, but a SPECIFIC one of ONLY those who are IN Christ.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    FHG, The onus is on you to prove a resurrection of all Christians before the GWTJ.
    I do not see it in any of the prophesies, so you prove your belief. The only ones resurrected are the Trib martyrs, you are speculatively adding to this.

    Realize this: the world will just continue on much like it is, right up until the end of the Millennium. Only then will there be a complete change to the earth, the universe and to us.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    FHG, The onus is on you to prove a resurrection of all Christians before the GWTJ.
    It is ALREADY proven in 1 Thess 4 and 1 Cor 15.
    The actual ONUS is on you to prove that there CANNOT be a resurrection of Christians UNTIL the GWToJ.

    I do not see it in any of the prophesies, so you prove your belief. The only ones resurrected are the Trib martyrs, you are speculatively adding to this.
    Realize this: the world will just continue on much like it is, right up until the end of the Millennium. Only then will there be a complete change to the earth, the universe and to us.
    I hadn't realised you followed PostMil ideas so closely.
    I haven't speculatively added anything.
    Scripture states that we are raised when He returns.
    This is our blessed hope.
    The world as it is ENDS when Jesus returns. His return is world changing.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    It is ALREADY proven in 1 Thess 4 and 1 Cor 15.
    The actual ONUS is on you to prove that there CANNOT be a resurrection of Christians UNTIL the GWToJ.


    I hadn't realised you followed PostMil ideas so closely.
    I haven't speculatively added anything.
    Scripture states that we are raised when He returns.
    This is our blessed hope.
    The world as it is ENDS when Jesus returns. His return is world changing.
    Your two 'proof' verses fail totally to prove a 'rapture to heaven' of the church. They say no such thing.

    Proof of a theory is; that what is postulated exists or is true. It is stupidity to say I must prove that something doesn't exist, or is false.
    I have done that anyway. I quoted the five verses where Jesus says such a thing as people going to live in heaven, is impossible.

    I am not Post Mill, if that means I think people go to heaven at the Return of Jesus, we who remain are just transported to where Jesus is; coming to earth for His Millennium reign.

    Our hope is the appearance of Jesus, Titus 2:14, NOT a resurrection at that time.

    The world is renewed after the GWT, not before. Revelation 21:1-7

    Seven out of seven wrong, FHG, you must really do better or you will be in the dark about what God has planned for His people.


    I a

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 7th 2017, 04:28 AM
  2. 7 year tribulation
    By rom826 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: Jun 3rd 2015, 08:31 AM
  3. Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period (moved from BC)
    By mom_of_four in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 4th 2011, 05:38 PM
  4. 7 Year Period Verses
    By Whitey in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul 29th 2009, 06:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •