Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 252

Thread: Seven year tribulation period

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    10,618

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    I was taught many years ago it is not wise to base a doctrine on one verse.
    It seems that the coming seven year tribulation period in only based on Daniel 9:27.
    Can anyone give me Scripture, other than Daniel 9:27, that teaches a coming seven year tribulation period?
    There is no 7 year Tribulation Period in the endtimes. Period. As others have said, there is a 3.5 years period in which Antichrist reigns. You may call it the Tribulation Period, if you like, but I don't think we should fail to understand that the way Jesus used the Great Tribulation period, he was referring to the entire NT era, in which the Jews remain unfulfilled and in distress.

    The 70th Week of Daniel was fulfilled in the death of Christ, and was followed by the desolation of the temple in 70 AD. We shouldn't conflate the 70 Weeks Prophecy with the Prophecy of Antichrist's Reign. In two places we are told that Antichrist's Reign is only 3.5 years, and that is in Daniel 7 and in the book of Revelation. This should settle it for us.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    224

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Hi PuP. Could show where and when the 7th Trumpet sounds?
    I just realized that I didn't really answer your questions about when & where the 7th trumpet sounds. I gave you a good backdrop of things, but let me answer your questions with a lot less scripture.
    When.

    On day 1335 after the start of the final 7 years. In Daniel 12 we read, "Blessed is he who comes to the 1335th day". A noted point about the 7th trumpet is reward given to the saints & prophets:

    *[[Rev 11:18]] KJV* And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

    The shortest way that I can explain this is in GALATIANS 3, Paul equates the reward of life as the blessing of Abraham, giving men, what the law could not:

    *[[Gal 3:21]] KJV* Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

    Where?

    This answer is principally the kingdom of God, aka the land of Israel. I'll give a brief 2 part answer that centers around purging the kingdom from those things that commit iniquity and do offend, as per the parable of the tares.
    A. The scattering of Israel & Judah:

    *[[Zec 1:21]] KJV* Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.
    B. Tormentors to punish the inhabitants of the promised land.

    *[[Exo 23:28]] KJV* And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

    Verse list: [the 5th trumpet]
    Rev 9:4-11 KJV And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

    Briefly, the 6th trumpet follows with death to those who do not leave as a result of the tormentors of the 5th trumpet.

    I hope this more thoroughly answers your questions.

    Blessings
    The PuP

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,774

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesachpup View Post
    I just realized that I didn't really answer your questions about when & where the 7th trumpet sounds. I gave you a good backdrop of things, but let me answer your questions with a lot less scripture.
    When.

    On day 1335 after the start of the final 7 years. In Daniel 12 we read, "Blessed is he who comes to the 1335th day". A noted point about the 7th trumpet is reward given to the saints & prophets:

    *[[Rev 11:18]] KJV* And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

    The shortest way that I can explain this is in GALATIANS 3, Paul equates the reward of life as the blessing of Abraham, giving men, what the law could not:

    *[[Gal 3:21]] KJV* Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

    Where?

    This answer is principally the kingdom of God, aka the land of Israel. I'll give a brief 2 part answer that centers around purging the kingdom from those things that commit iniquity and do offend, as per the parable of the tares.
    A. The scattering of Israel & Judah:

    *[[Zec 1:21]] KJV* Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.
    B. Tormentors to punish the inhabitants of the promised land.

    *[[Exo 23:28]] KJV* And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

    Verse list: [the 5th trumpet]
    Rev 9:4-11 KJV And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

    Briefly, the 6th trumpet follows with death to those who do not leave as a result of the tormentors of the 5th trumpet.

    I hope this more thoroughly answers your questions.

    Blessings
    The PuP
    Thank you for your effort. Actually, I was just looking for the verse(s) where the seventh trumpet was sounded. But since you have alluded to a number of trumpets, there is;
    1. The "last Trumpet" at the resurrection of the Church when the living will be "changed" (1st Cor.15:50-52), and which corresponds to 1st Thessalonians 4:16 where the Church are caught away to the clouds to meet Christ there.
    2. A trumpet after this when Israel are gathered (Matt.24:31), but it is not the last one???
    3. The seventh angel sounded, not for the Christians to be changed and gathered, and not for Israel to be gathered from the four winds, but to announce Christ's victory at Armageddon when He wins the battle for the Kingdoms of this earth

    1. Christ comes FIRST and gathers the Christians to the clouds, but it is the LAST trumpet
    2. Then our Lord breaks forth from the clouds and a trumpet sounds for the gathering of Israel. How could this not be the "last" trumpet?
    3. Then our Lord will wage a war against the armies of the Beast some 70 miles from Jerusalem where He touched down, and AFTER the battle is won a trumpet sounds to announce the take-over of the Kingdoms of the world. Should not this be the last trumpet?

    What do you think? As you can see, this presents huge difficulty.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,190
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    I was taught many years ago it is not wise to base a doctrine on one verse.
    It seems that the coming seven year tribulation period in only based on Daniel 9:27.
    Can anyone give me Scripture, other than Daniel 9:27, that teaches a coming seven year tribulation period?
    The 7 year period will be a treaty of peace between the Leader of the One World Govt and the leaders of the new nation of Christians in all of the holy Land. Daniel 11:32-35
    The OWG leader will be revealed as the Anti-Christ when he breaks this treaty at the mid point by coming to Jerusalem and sitting in the Temple.
    2 Thessalonians 2:4
    This commences the Great Tribulation of 1260 days, after which; Jesus will Return.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    I more thing to add to my view.

    Daniels 70 weeks were from the law of Leviticus in chapter 26 it was a 7 times punishment over for not repenting. Thus Jeremiahs 70 years would become 70 weeks or 490 years of prophesied punishment for not repenting within the 70 years. This punishment would have to fall on the unrepentant ones not on people 2500 years later as this would violate the law of Mosses that children pay for the punishment of their parents and the parents would get off scott free.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Yes, We've had this discussion before. I am happy to leave it as it is because another 12 rounds with each other will not solve the difference. But one day maybe you can answer those questions of mine. In the mean time - go well brother.
    Sorry I thought that I did answer so lets try again

    Your question
    This prophecy must achieve all with "Daniel's People" and Daniel's holy City - Israel and Jerusalem
    Are Israel's transgressions finished? No. There darkest hour when they embrace the "prince of the people who destroyed the Temple and the City is still to come. It has not happened yet.

    My answer
    First who exactly are Daniels people is it all of the Jews or just true Israel the faithful?

    Romans 9:6
    It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

    Isaiah confirms this

    Isaiah 59:20
    “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
    to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
    declares the Lord.

    You see the Redeemer (Jesus) will come to Zion (National Israel) to those in Jacob (true Israel the faithful) who repent of their sins. Isaiah used Zion and Jacob for a reason and that is because they are different. We need to stop putting national Israel on a pedestal as it is only true Israel the faithful that are truly Gods people.

    So even though I disagree with you that they will embrace a future antichrist who desecrates a future temple that is besides the point as true Israel has stopped transgressing and that happened as a remnant of Jews resisted apostasy and stood up against Antiochus Epiphanies during the time of the Maccabees.

    I will get back to this in a bit gotta go

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,190
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    The seventy weeks were revealed to Daniel in the following words: “Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. Daniel 9:24

    First, we need to understand that, although most of our English translations say seventy weeks, the Hebrew word translated weeks was shabuwa', H7620 in Strong’s. This word was used in the Old Testament for both a period of seven days and a period of seven years. Only the context could show whether days of years was meant. And in this case, the context clearly shows that the meaning could not even possibly been days. So it is not simply interpretation to take seventy weeks as meaning 490 years. This is a fully legitimate meaning of the Hebrew words used here.

    Daniel 9:25 was told: Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.

    Here we have sixty-nine weeks, or 483 years, from the going forth of the command until Messiah the Prince. Some claim that there is historical evidence that the triumphal entry occurred exactly 483 years, to the day, after the signing of this order; we cannot be certain as to the accuracy of this claim. But history indeed confirms that it occurred at approximately that time.

    But now the Divinely inspired account contains a break. We read: And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And until the end of the war, desolations are determined. Daniel 9:26

    Two things were to happen after the sixty-two week second part of this account. And we know that both of them indeed happened exactly as explicitly stated. “Messiah” would “be cut off,” and “the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.” Messiah was indeed cut off, and the city and the sanctuary were indeed destroyed, in 70 - 135 AD.

    From history we absolutely know that “the city and the sanctuary” were not destroyed in the same week (seven year period) that our Lord was crucified.
    Note; that both of these events are presented before the last week is even mentioned. So here we see an absolutely undeniable break in the scriptural account of the seventy weeks.

    The last week is treated differently. It does not even say that this is the seventieth week. The only reason we know that it is the seventieth week is because all the rest of the weeks have already passed. So this week has to be the seventieth one.
    Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate. Daniel 9:27

    Now many imagine that this verse speaks of the cross. They want to interpret the word “for” in this verse as “in,” and claim that this was speaking of Jesus confirming God’s covenant with us “in” the seventieth week, and claim that Jesus was crucified at the middle of the seventieth week. But even if history were wrong by so many years, this interpretation does violence to the structure of the prophecy. For the last week is not even mentioned until after the two events that were to take place after the sixty-ninth week.

    But an end time covenant that will not be fulfilled is clearly mentioned in other Old Testament prophecies. One of these is Isaiah 28:14-18 Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said: ‘We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.’ Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily. Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place. Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it.

    Again, in Isaiah 57:7-9 we read: On a lofty and high mountain You have set your bed; even there you went up to offer sacrifice. Also behind the doors and their posts You have set up your remembrance; For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me, And have gone up to them; You have enlarged your bed and made a covenant with them; You have loved their bed, Where you saw their nudity. You went to the king with ointment, and increased your perfumes; You sent your messengers far off, and even descended to Sheol.”

    So we see that the scriptures indeed clearly foretell a future covenant that God will not allow to be fulfilled. And Daniel 9:27 is only one of several places where this covenant is mentioned.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    224

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Thank you for your effort. Actually, I was just looking for the verse(s) where the seventh trumpet was sounded. But since you have alluded to a number of trumpets, there is;
    1. The "last Trumpet" at the resurrection of the Church when the living will be "changed" (1st Cor.15:50-52), and which corresponds to 1st Thessalonians 4:16 where the Church are caught away to the clouds to meet Christ there.
    2. A trumpet after this when Israel are gathered (Matt.24:31), but it is not the last one???
    3. The seventh angel sounded, not for the Christians to be changed and gathered, and not for Israel to be gathered from the four winds, but to announce Christ's victory at Armageddon when He wins the battle for the Kingdoms of this earth

    1. Christ comes FIRST and gathers the Christians to the clouds, but it is the LAST trumpet
    2. Then our Lord breaks forth from the clouds and a trumpet sounds for the gathering of Israel. How could this not be the "last" trumpet?
    3. Then our Lord will wage a war against the armies of the Beast some 70 miles from Jerusalem where He touched down, and AFTER the battle is won a trumpet sounds to announce the take-over of the Kingdoms of the world. Should not this be the last trumpet?

    What do you think? As you can see, this presents huge difficulty.
    I am not real sure of what you are asking other than how what I have presented conflicts with a pretrib viewpoint. So let me proceed in that direction. I have a two pronged approach. What is known and what is assumed.
    A. What we know.
    1. Paul knew that there would be trumpets (as part of God's plan of redemption?) before the last one. A last one implies a previous first one. We can probably surmise this from the 4 horns/ trumpets of Zechariah 1.
    2. Paul traveled with Luke and would be very familiar with what he wrote. The kingdom of God being nigh AFTER all these things (Luke 21:31) is probably how Paul came to understand that the KOG was to be inherited in the future.
    3. The Jews would remain in blindness until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
    4. When the wrath of God comes upon Israel, it would bring (great) tribulation upon the rest of the world and that this tribulation would manifest the righteous judgment of God upon the Gentiles who were truly seeking for eternal life.
    Romans 1:16-2:10[To the Jew first...].
    5. God would immediately avenge the Gentile church after the rapture, 2 Thess 1:7-10.
    6. There are numerous scriptural arguments (including my #5) used for and against pretrib that could be stated.
    B. Assumptions
    1. The rapture occurs at the last trumpet and therefore the 7 trumpets happen after the "last" trumpet.
    2. There is a trumpet blown at the time of Armageddon.
    3. Church does not go thru the GT.
    4. Israel is not gathered until the time of Rev 19.

    I have already shown that the signs presented in Luke 21 and Matt 24 are signs that precede the coming of the kingdom and that coming in power and glory was one of those signs. Daniel 2 & 7 shows that God will set up the kingdom in the days of these kings and endure the kingdom of the beast for 42 months afterward. The time of setting up the eternal kingdom comes in the days when the whole world is broken in pieces. The assumptions that I put forth are just that... Assumptions without scriptural proof. I have presented many scriptures that shows that the gathering of Israel begins before the time, times and dividing of time of the kingdom of the beast. If you don't feel convinced of that, I will only ask that you re-read my posts and the many scriptures provided. If you need some clarification on something I presented, I will try to help you.

    Blessings
    The PuP

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Yes, We've had this discussion before. I am happy to leave it as it is because another 12 rounds with each other will not solve the difference. But one day maybe you can answer those questions of mine. In the mean time - go well brother.
    I'm back now

    Your question
    Are Israel's sins ended? No. The will allow a Gentile king in their Temple and worship his image. They will rejoice at the death of the two Witnesses in Revelation 11

    My answer
    I kind of answered this one before true Israels sins have ended as Jesus put an end to sin. That doesn't mean that they or us will never sin again just that our sins are not counted against us.

    Romans 8:1-4
    8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

    Again I don't believe that a gentile king will enter a future temple and I see the two witnesses different than you do.

    Your question
    Is there "everlasting righteousness" in Israel today? No. I need not comment.

    My answer
    this verse below is for true Israel

    Romans 8:4
    4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

    Your question
    Is the vision and prophecy "sealed"? The Hebrew for "sealed" means "made an end to" or "made complete". Has a Roman prince "strengthened THE Covenant" with many? No such event has taken place. Your list agrees that no such event has taken place

    My answer
    I see the prince to come as Antiochus Epiphanies

    Your question
    Has the "Most Holy" been anointed? No. If you take the "most holy" to mean the Holy of Holies of the Temple, the Second Temple was never anointed. If you take the "Most Holy" to mean our Lord Jesus, He too is still waiting to be anointed as King of the Jews

    My answer
    I see the temple mentioned as the first temple not the second temple which had the miraculous anointing oil that lasted eight days

    Your quote
    The proof of prophecy fulfilled is a literal and accurate fulfillment. The 69th "seven" of Daniel clearly ends with the death of Messiah. The 70th "seven" had to wait at least until 70 AD because the identity of the "prince of the people who would come" had to be first established. That was only established when the Temple and City were destroyed in 70 AD. The 70th "seven" could only start AFTER 70 AD, and far from a daily oblation, the Temple did not exist anymore - to this day. The 70th "seven" must be still future to us today.

    My answer
    In my opinion Antoichus Epiphanies desecrated the temple half way through the 70th week so his identity was established

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Sorry I thought that I did answer so lets try again

    Your question
    This prophecy must achieve all with "Daniel's People" and Daniel's holy City - Israel and Jerusalem
    Are Israel's transgressions finished? No. There darkest hour when they embrace the "prince of the people who destroyed the Temple and the City is still to come. It has not happened yet.

    My answer
    First who exactly are Daniels people is it all of the Jews or just true Israel the faithful?

    Romans 9:6
    It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

    Isaiah confirms this

    Isaiah 59:20
    “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
    to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,”
    declares the Lord.

    You see the Redeemer (Jesus) will come to Zion (National Israel) to those in Jacob (true Israel the faithful) who repent of their sins. Isaiah used Zion and Jacob for a reason and that is because they are different. We need to stop putting national Israel on a pedestal as it is only true Israel the faithful that are truly Gods people.

    So even though I disagree with you that they will embrace a future antichrist who desecrates a future temple that is besides the point as true Israel has stopped transgressing and that happened as a remnant of Jews resisted apostasy and stood up against Antiochus Epiphanies during the time of the Maccabees.

    I will get back to this in a bit gotta go
    To add to Romans 9:6
    6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel

    Paul wrote these words minutes before he wrote

    Romans 11:25-27
    25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

    “The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
    27 And this is[f] my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”

    Paul tied it into Isaiah 59:20 and included the gentiles

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    I more thing to add to my view.

    Daniels 70 weeks were from the law of Leviticus in chapter 26 it was a 7 times punishment over for not repenting. Thus Jeremiahs 70 years would become 70 weeks or 490 years of prophesied punishment for not repenting within the 70 years. This punishment would have to fall on the unrepentant ones not on people 2500 years later as this would violate the law of Mosses that children pay for the punishment of their parents and the parents would get off scott free.
    I agree with you about the Leviticus connection. 70 years exile , and then Messiah would come 7 times that long after the 70 years captivity , ….at the issuing of a certain decree.

    It wasn't about anything they could do, but what Messiah Jesus could redemptive do for them ,when he started his ministry at the conclusion of 7 and 62 weeks.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    I agree with you about the Leviticus connection. 70 years exile , and then Messiah would come 7 times that long after the 70 years captivity , ….at the issuing of a certain decree.

    It wasn't about anything they could do, but what Messiah Jesus could redemptive do for them ,when he started his ministry at the conclusion of 7 and 62 weeks.
    But the Leviticus law was 7 times punishment

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    But the Leviticus law was 7 times punishment
    And then what?
    If it was up to them , I dare say you would have more of the same exile and then restoration in the future , until Jesus came once and for all to satisfy the Father on this issue.
    It wasn't about them but what Messiah would do for them, who would …,

    24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city,
    to finish the transgression,
    to make an end of sin,
    to make atonement for iniquity,
    to bring in everlasting righteousness,
    to seal up vision and prophecy
    and to anoint the most holy place.

    Gods own arm would bring redemption , and it is finished. Glory be to his name.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,810
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    And then what?
    If it was up to them , I dare say you would have more of the same exile and then restoration in the future , until Jesus came once and for all to satisfy the Father on this issue.
    It wasn't about them but what Messiah would do for them, who would …,

    24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city,
    to finish the transgression,
    to make an end of sin,
    to make atonement for iniquity,
    to bring in everlasting righteousness,
    to seal up vision and prophecy
    and to anoint the most holy place.

    Gods own arm would bring redemption , and it is finished. Glory be to his name.
    Actually it did happen too that again less than two centuries later

    I agree only Jesus can truly fulfill all of those things but my point is that Daniels purpose for the 70 weeks ended when the faithful Jews resisted apostrophe and rose up against Antiochus and put their faith in the future messiah

    This was the hope and the purpose of Gabriel gave Daniel

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Seven year tribulation period

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Actually it did happen too that again less than two centuries later

    I agree only Jesus can truly fulfill all of those things but my point is that Daniels purpose for the 70 weeks ended when the faithful Jews resisted apostrophe and rose up against Antiochus and put their faith in the future messiah

    This was the hope and the purpose of Gabriel gave Daniel
    The hope and purpose of Gabriels ministry only shows up again in scripture when he shows up at the advent of Jesus.


    He first appears in scripture by name to deliver good news of 70 weeks to Daniel in prayer, and the next time he shows up by name in scripture is to oversee the advent of the promised Messiah Jesus , who would put an end to sin , iniquity and transgression , and bring in everlasting righteousness for those who believe etc etc.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 7th 2017, 04:28 AM
  2. 7 year tribulation
    By rom826 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: Jun 3rd 2015, 08:31 AM
  3. Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period (moved from BC)
    By mom_of_four in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 4th 2011, 05:38 PM
  4. 7 Year Period Verses
    By Whitey in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul 29th 2009, 06:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •