Thread: John the Baptist and prophecy

John the Baptist and prophecy

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.”
    **Malachi‬ *3:1‬ *KJV‬‬

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
    **Malachi‬ *4:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

"But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
    **Luke‬ *1:13, 15-17‬ *KJV‬‬

“Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.”
    **Isaiah‬ *40:2-5‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.”
    **John‬ *1:22-23‬ *KJV
    ‬‬
    ‬‬
    The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey; And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:”
    **Mark‬ *1:1-4, 6-10‬ *KJV‬‬

“And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
    **Matthew‬ *11:7, 9-15‬ *KJV

“And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.”
    **2 Kings‬ *1:8‬ *KJV‬‬

“And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.”
    **Matthew‬ *3:4‬ *KJV‬‬

The importance of John being included in prophecy, is to show the importance of Jesus ministry, to understand this truth

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV

The prophecies concerning John, who would come before the messiah to prepare the people for him, really is important to understand the prophets were speaking forth to Christ a time promised beforehand ...who then said this , which could make a bit more sense why he said

“And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
    **Mark‬ *1:15‬ *KJV‬‬

God bless you in all things relating to Jesus Christ who,is the Lord of heaven and earth, the Lord and savior of every man since the beginning of the world. Believe the gospel which he preached from the time of johns death.....it's life to man

Re: John the Baptist and prophecy

So you have all this prophecy concerning John the Baptist who came just before Jesus ....here's why this matters

Jesus doctrine,

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
    **Mark‬ *1:14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

...He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    **John‬ *3:5-6, 13-18, 31-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”
    **John‬ *4:23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

“For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
    **John‬ *5:21-24‬ *KJV‬‬

notice this next part very important...

“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

...Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. ..."

John‬ *6:53-58, 60-64‬ *KJV

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
    John‬ *7:16-17,KJV‬‬

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above:
    ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God......Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:12, 23-26, 28, 31-32, 34-36‬ *47, 51 kjv

“Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.”
    **John‬ *10:7-9, 11, 14-16, 27-29‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
    **John‬ *11:25-26‬ *KJV‬‬

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
    **John‬ *13:34-35‬ *KJV‬‬

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
    **John‬ *14:1, 6, 15-17, 20-21, 23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

These things I command you, that ye love one another.”
    **John‬ *15:3-4, 7-10, 12-14, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high....

Luke‬ *24:46-49, KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15-16, 19-20‬ *KJV‬‬

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.”
    **Matthew‬ *11:13‬ *KJV

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”
    **Hebrews‬ *1:1-3‬ *KJV‬

“Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?”
    **Hebrews‬ *2:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:18-25‬ *KJV‬‬

‬‬
    "As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.”
    **Acts‬ *8:3-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
    **Acts‬ *28:30-31‬ *KJV

do you see the message ?

“Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
    **1 Peter‬ *1:22-23, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”
    **James‬ *1:18‬ *KJV‬‬

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not....

...But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
    **John‬ *1:1-5, 9, 12-14, 17-18‬ *KJV‬‬

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?

God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
    **Romans‬ *6:14-18, 20-23‬ *KJV‬‬

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. "

the gospel preached by Jesus Christ, is the eternal word of God, it is salvation. We need to,know, when he says " eat my flesh and drink my blood, it's a spiritual message , not literal when he says " if your eye offends you , pluck it out, if your hand offends you cut it off it's better than going to,he'll" it's a spiritual message for the heart of the believer that will make us understand , the lust in our heart, is where we overcome sins of lust.

when he's teaching about Unforgiveness, it's meant to change our unforgiving hearts, because we believe in the one God sent, we believe his words knowing they are Gods eternal words, they will never change or pass away. They are spirit and life, they will if we believe, circumsized the lust, greed , pride, Unforgiveness, the covetousness, the vanity, the pride those things from our heart, from our spirit. This is how one is born again, in newness of life through the word of God, because we believe in the one he sent , having died to save us, his word is our sanctification, our change happens when people preach the actual gospel to us and we believe because it's the word of Jesus Christ our lord forever.

we can follow the old things and fight against our nature and try to work hard enough to be accepted.....or we can be saved by faith which comes from the word of God, through Jesus Christ our lord. We can be condemned by the law of Moses and face the accusations at the judgement, or we can accept Christ's doctrine and be changed inside, so,that we by nature don't carry lust, greed , pride, hate, Unforgiveness, vanity ect...

“And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:20-23‬ *KJV‬‬

because we understand sin comes from those things in our heart and defile us. We can try to overcome sin by our flesh, or we can accept the spirit and life given to us through the gospel.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
    **Matthew‬ *7:24-27‬ *KJV‬‬

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

The spirit that sets free...if we accept and keep this in our minds and hearts...

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:21-22‬ *KJV‬‬

cut it off in the mind and heart and you will be free of the sin...

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: << the law of Moses regarding the flesh.

the spirit which sets us free if we accept and keep it in our hearts....

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:27-30‬ *KJV‬‬

confront it in the heart where it begins and the action will never have an opportunity to make you a servant of sin...

the law of Moses regarding sin...

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

the spirit that sets us free if we accept and keep it.

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:38-42‬ *KJV‬‬

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
    **Matthew‬ *5:43-44KJV‬‬

The spirit of doing alms and good deeds of charity...

“Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

do it not for honor and praise for yourself, do it between the lord and you for his glory.

the spirit of prayer....

“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

The spirit of prayer and forgiveness

“But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:7-15‬ *KJV‬‬

The spirit of fasting

“Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:16-18‬ *KJV‬‬

Where are the treasures you value most in the bank , or in heaven?

“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

“Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.”
    **Mark‬ *10:21‬ *KJV‬‬

Don't think he's telling you to sell everything you own and give it away, but rather look for the spirit of his teachings, the mind and heart they create in us by faith, how you should think about these issues, what attitude do his teachings create in a heart that believes in Jesus Christ who is teaching these things?

he's not teaching us to pluck out our eyes, and cut off our hands, not teaching us to sell everything we have and give it to the poor , he's fixing these things

“And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:20-23‬ *KJV‬‬

after he preached the gospel,

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”
    **John‬ *15:3-4, 7-10‬ *KJV‬‬

The doctrine of Jesus Christ is life to those who take up faith in him, and hear his words of life and spirit, that quickens us.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. ..."

That make us clean

" Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. "

the word of truth

“For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

I have given them thy word;...........Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
    **John‬ *17:8, 14, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

through the gospel we are given new hearts made clean through faith that presses on into our spirit leaving those who do not lust because we accepted the gospel by the one whom we believe in. Through the gospel, we become those who will always forgive, who bear no grudges, who will care more about a poor man, than our growing bank account, who will actually love others in deed and truth , and not begrudgingly....

we become thankful, hopeful, focused, we build faith through his word. We grow and learn and through faith the voice of the spirit becomes part of our heart and minds, leading us by the word of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.”
    **1 John‬ *3:16-19‬ *KJV‬‬

we can say as we do, " I love everyone, " the doctrine of Christ creates real Godly love in us, if we will believe, that we will love in deed and truth, rather than word. And won't be something we do against our will, but will be what's in our hearts to do, because our Lord who loves us has given us the knowledge of the children of God.

Because our hearts are corrupted, we don't really know what true love is , we love mans way. From those hearts Jesus described full of shadow and things not of the light, We learn the love of God through the spiritual teachings of Jesus Christ, that that's how they are written on our hearts, at our core, because we believe in the one savior of man, who said these things.

if you keep in you, the teachings about money's little importance, and the needs of the poor being very important , you will find it very difficult in time to pass on bye on the other side ....when you see someone who you can help in thier time of need.

if you keep his teaching about lust in your heart, you will find it very difficult in time, to continue looking and thinking immoral thoughts about others, and in time it will change this in you.

if you keep his teaching about forgive and you will be forgiven in your heart and mind, you will find it very difficult to hold a grudge in time it will change this in you.

it will change whatever darkness lies in us whether lust, pride, greed, selfishness of all kinds, covetousness, evil thoughts , hate ect those things which he says make us unclean are inside in our hearts and minds. Through his doctrine you will find light to expose the issue, and light to destroy the darkness in all of us in various forms. We all struggle with different things, the issue is in us. All we need to do, is. Believe in the one God sent to save us.

don't be afraid of the doctrine of Jesus Christ, understand that it is the spirit of his teachings which change us. Our place is to hear and believe his word, to trust that he knows better than we do, that he is able to heal us from within, to truly take away our sinful hearts and create in us a brand new and clean heart shaped by the son of God, that we too may be the children of the living God.

trust Jesus, he's shown his love , he's proven he is the truth the son of God, he's proven the power of his word, trust him, accept his teachings, learn them , seek after them. It is the gospel of the kingdom of God, and eternal life.

if you believe you will not be condemned, of you believe you will be standing in his grace, if you believe he will strengthen you , work in you to will and act according to his good will. And like he spoke and creation came forth, he has spoken and in those who believe a new heart will come forth. Believe unto righteousness, that it may last by changing the man or woman, at the core of who we are.

when the gospel has run its course in us, our hearts will be right and what comes out of us will be clean , the result is the love of God shed abroad into our hearts by faith in Jesus Christ that we accept his word as it is, spirit and life.

God bless you in the things of Jesus Christ who did not come to condemn us, but to save us from the condemnation upon the world....

‬‬

‬‬

So then if we use the gospel of Jesus Christ and his doctrine as a foundation, Paul's doctrine makes much much more sense

the flesh and the spirit

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit....

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:16-25‬ *KJV‬‬

do you see how Christ's doctrine the gospel, creates the fruit of the spirit? Think of the things he teaches, and compare it to this short list of the fruits of the spirit. All of those fruits, are things within us. Peace, joy, love, long suffering, gentleness , goodness , faith , meekness, and temperance, those things come from within us also.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. "

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
    **Romans‬ *8:1-2, 5-6, 9-14‬ *KJV‬‬

We need to let the gospel correct and reshape our thinking, to let our minds become those made of the spirit, so that God works in us to change our hearts, when our hearts begin changing the actions which come out of us begin changing. We are sinners, but when we turn to Christ Jesus in true faith which comes from his word, we are changed from glory to glory.

“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”
    **Ephesians‬ *6:17‬ *KJV‬‬

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.”
    **Hebrews‬ *4:12-14‬ *KJV‬‬

see how the word of God works in our minds and hearts? To say the word is "quick" or we are "quickened " is like saying the word of God is living and active, or the word of God makes us alive and actively so. To be strengthened in Gods things , is to weaken the influence of the flesh. To continue in the things of the flesh , is to weaken the spirits stance within us. We truly are at war, but it is a spiritual warfare which we wage, and the Gospel the word of God is our weapon.

“For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.”
    **Galatians‬ *6:8‬ *KJV‬‬

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God......Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death

sometimes people insist Paul was teaching some different gospel of" grace" which means nothing else applies but your saved now because Jesus died....this is not true , Paul and all the apostles were preaching the same gospel Jesus preached. The churches are all established on the things Jesus spoke and taught, the epistles are letters then written to the churches for corrections, exhortations, encouragements, hope.

we do not have any conditionless salvation where it doesn't matter if we sin, or act in the things of God, no. We have the gospel that is meant to take our sin away through faith which comes through the word, that we may freely walk after the spirit of life on Christ Jesus. We need to accept his knowledge it does this if we will persevere in it

“Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
    **2 Peter‬ *1:2-4‬ *KJV‬‬

and we know that unto mankind, knowledge is conveyed through words which we take in and believe. Such as a med student begins taking in and believing the knowledge of medicine and the practice there of. The med students mind begins changing, his way of thinking is altered, so that when he graduates after taking in the right knowledge and practicing in it. When a patient comes to him, he doesn't have to re read the book on this matter, but it has become part of his mind and heart, he just knows by nature, what to do.

now all knowledge is spirit, one can take on evil spirit when we study something such as witchcraft and fall into a deceived belief in it. Like Adam , whichever knowledge we believe, will become part of our inner man, our thoughts and intents, out imaginations and desires....Christ Jesus has given us the knowledge of God, the knowledge of his children made after his image who is spirit, who is the Word.

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
    **Romans‬ *12:2‬ *KJV‬‬

"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
    **Ephesians‬ *4:22-24‬ *KJV‬‬

this is accomplished through the word of Jesus Christ.

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
    **Philippians‬ *2:10-13‬ *KJV‬‬

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. "

through this we are changed when we allow the word to become truth in our hearts it combats and gives us victory on the battlefield

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:21-23‬ *KJV‬‬

you see this heart brings these things

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

but the doctrine of Christ to those who will accept and believe the gospel creates

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:22-26‬ *KJV‬‬

remember this " the fruit of the spirit"

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”
    **John‬ *15:3-5, 7-10‬ *KJV‬‬

it's why Jesus doctrine is aimed at out thinking, our attitudes toward others, the inner things.

"That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”
    **Ephesians‬ *5:26-27‬ *KJV

he hasn't come to allow sinners to remain in sin, but to heal the things in our hearts and minds, in order to release us from the prison of sin, that dwells in the corrupt hearts of man. Through Gods word he creates, just like he spoke and said to the darkness in the beginning " let there be light" and light shined forth out of darkness , the gospel works In Us the same it creates within us righteousness of the heart, because we know the heart is the battlefield where Satan had made a stronghold.

“For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
    **2 Corinthians‬ *4:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

God already knows we are not perfect, he himself said through the prophets no one does good , no not one they are all gone out of the way, all have sinned" he's not holding it against us, not condemning us for it, he has sent his son Jesus Christ , to save us from ...well , ourselves really

Thread Information