Thread: My last exhaustive post ...Christ in prophecy....

My last exhaustive post ...Christ in prophecy....

I feel as if I've written an awful lot, mostly of course just sharing scripture, I know the long posts are a bit exhausting. If you've taken time to read a bit, I hope in some way you've seen even one thing that may lead you to something you find valuable in your walk with Christ. And if you've taken the time to leave a thought or two, whether we agree or not, I do appreciate your time and thoughts, it's good for Christians to discuss things .

The only real message I have , is that the bible is about Jesus Christ and the gospel. I believe that with all of my heart and soul, I believe that prophecy has a very loud and clear message " The savior is coming wait for the Lord he is coming" and I believe the epistles have a very clear and loud message " the messiah , the savior has come go to Jesus Christ the lord, God Loves you"

i believe even even the mosaic law, and his writings of those times have a very veiled message of Jesus Christ, so here's a few examples from the law, prophets and psalms will be my last o.p. For awhile . See the comments below if this sort of thing interested you..

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:17-18‬ *KJV‬‬

john 19 " After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
    ‬‬

" And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”
    **Luke‬ *24:44 KJV‬‬

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”
    **John‬ *5:39-40, 46-47‬ *KJV‬‬

a sample of Jesus in the law and writings of Moses

the bread from heaven....

"Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; ......And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat."
    **Exodus‬ *16:4, 14-15

The true bread from heaven....

" Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
    **John‬ *6:31-33, 35, 47-51‬ *KJV‬‬

the Passover lamb

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

......And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.”
    **Exodus‬ *12:5-7, 12-13‬ *KJV‬‬

the true fulfillment....

“Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *5:7‬ *KJV‬‬

Spotless lamb from among the sheep....

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
    **John‬ *1:29‬ *KJV‬‬

the whole assembly shall kill it in the evening...

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.

Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death. And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.”
    **Mark‬ *14:12, 43, 64-65‬ *

the people ....

"And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.”
    **John‬ *19:14-16‬ *KJV‬‬

the ransom price

“When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the Lord, when thou numberest them; that there be no plague among them, when thou numberest them.”
    **Exodus‬ *30:12‬ *KJV‬‬

The true fulfillment....

“Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
    **Matthew‬ *20:28‬ *KJV‬‬

scapegoat....

And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.”
    **Leviticus‬ *16:9-10, 15, 21-22‬ *

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
    **1 Peter‬ *2:24‬ *KJV‬‬

And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *18:17-19‬ *KJV‬‬

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    **Acts‬ *3:22-26‬ *KJV‬‬

a prophet like Moses....

Moses was born when pharaoh decreed all the sons of Israel be destroyed. Jesus was born and Herod, expecting the Christ be born commanded all the sons of Israel under two be slaughtered.

Moses was saved into an Egyptian family. Jesus family fled into Egypt.

Moses fasted fourty days and nights. Jesus the same.

Moses went into the cloud and his face shown with Gods glory, Jesus face shone brighter than the sun while he appeared in the cloud.

Moses was chosen to lead the Hebrews out from slavery to Egypt, Jesus came to give the world freedom from slavery to sin....

Moses was mediator of the first covenant, speaking Gods words to the people, then shedding the blood of the covenant enjoined to them"

Jesus mediated the new covenant, spoke Gods words to the people, told them his blood is the blood of the new covenant, and then she'd the blood of the new covenant....

The Rock which gave water to the thirsty....

"And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.”
    **Numbers‬ *20:11‬ *KJV

the true rock.....

" And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *10:4‬ *KJV‬‬‬‬

“But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”
    **John‬ *4:14‬ *

"And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.”And the glory of the Lord abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.”
    **Exodus‬ *24:16‬ *KJV‬‬

“And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him...... And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the veil upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.”
    **Exodus‬ *34:29, 34-35‬ *KJV‬‬

A testimony of the truth....

“And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.”
    **Matthew‬ *17:1-2, 5-7‬ *

the brazen serpent....

"And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; pray unto the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us.

And Moses prayed for the people. And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.”
    **Numbers‬ *21:6-9‬ *KJV‬‬

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
    **John‬ *3:14-18‬ *KJV

Re: My last exhaustive post ...Christ in prophecy....

..the prophets, the birth of Christ Jesus...

he would be born of promise, of a virgin...

the prophet Isaiah ...." Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
    **Isaiah‬ *7:14‬ *KJV‬‬

the fulfillment ... Matthew1:20-25“But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall
    be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS"

the location of his birth ...

The prophet Micah ....“But thou, Beth–lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”
    **Micah‬ *5:2‬ *KJV‬‬

The gospel quoting the prophecy...

And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.”
    **Matthew‬ *2:4-6‬ *KJV‬‬‬

the fulfillment....

“And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David

And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
    **Luke‬ *2:4, 6-7‬ *KJV‬‬

his flight into and calling back from Egypt....

the prophet Hosea ...."When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.”
    **Hosea‬ *11:1‬ *KJV

the fulfillment....

“And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream......

When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. "

More concerning this

the prophet Jeremiah...

“Thus saith the Lord; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rachel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.”
    **Jeremiah‬ *31:15‬ *KJV‬‬

the fulfillment...Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying, In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel."

further examples regarding Jesus birth

The prophet Isaiah....Isaiah 9 ...v 6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

8The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel."

the fulfillment....

Luke 2 " And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. ..he said into her.....and , behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father
    David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. ....and the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. "

.his life and ministry

the prophet

And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.”
    **Matthew‬ *2:13-18, 21, 23‬ *KJV‬‬

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:7‬ *KJV‬‬

The fulfillment.....“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
    **Matthew‬ *3:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

“While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, this is my beloved Son: hear him.”
    **Luke‬ *9:34-35‬ *KJV‬‬

the beginning of his ministry

the prophet Isaiah...

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;”
    **Isaiah‬ *61:1-2‬ *KJV

The fulfillment...

" And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
    **Luke‬ *4:17-21‬ *KJV‬‬

The prophet Isaiah ..

Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.”
    **Isaiah‬ *9:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

the fulfillment....

“Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee; And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”
    **Matthew‬ *4:12-16‬ *KJV‬‬

The prophet Isaiah...."Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. Isaiah 42:1

The fulfillment....“But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles....”
    **Matthew‬ *12:15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

his arrival in Jerusalem as king

the Prophet said ....Zechariah 9 " Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

The fulfillment in Christ....matthew 21 " ......sent Jesus two disciples, 2Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. .... 4All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
    5Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an
    ass."

.his suffering and crucifixion

He would be beaten and spit upon....‬‬

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.”
    **Isaiah‬ *50:6‬ *KJV‬‬

the Jews.....

“And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.”
    **Mark‬ *14:65‬ *KJV‬‬

The Gentile soldiers would partake of this....

"Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.”
    **Micah‬ *5:1‬ *KJV

"And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.”
    **Mark‬ *15:19‬ *KJV‬‬

The prophet Isaiah ..Isaiah 53 " 12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Fulfillment....Mark 15 " And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left. 28And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

the prophet david....Psalm 22 " all they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
    8He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him."

the fulfillment in Christ....“Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.”
    **Matthew‬ *27:41-43‬ *KJV‬‬‬‬

john 19 : 37 "And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Referring to The Prophet Zechariah .....Zechariah 12 " And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

The fulfillment . ....Luke 23 "And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. "

the Prophet David ....

Psalm 22 " My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"

the fulfillment....matthew 27: 46 " And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

the prophet Amos ...amos 8:9 " And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

the fulfillment....matthew 27:45 " Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. ( the 6th hour is Noon )

the prophet david.... Psalm 22 " For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."

The fulfillment...John 19 " Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. they said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did. "

psalm 69 v21 " They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink."

john 19 " After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. 29Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. 30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and [COLOR="#FF0000"]he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."[/COLOR]

There's a lot more, the point is just ......it's always been about the messiah and his message of salvation, his ministry is life

Looks like you've accomplished what you set out to accomplish..
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Looks like you've accomplished what you set out to accomplish..
    God bless you brother,

I believe that God works things through those who will believe in Christ Jesus , I hope with my heart that someone somewhere will turn just the slightest bit more towards Jesus and His word. Thank you for the encouragement in my hope.

Thread Information