Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Name of the Lord

Re: The Name of the Lord

A lot of good points which have given me some things to think about.

I don't have a problem with a person addressing the Lord by whatever name they feel is best. My only problem is with some in the Sacred Name crowd who are judgemental of others who don't use Yeshua. I used to associate with some of these people until I finally had enough. To me it's a silly issue to make a big deal of.

I equate the Jesus vs Yeshua argument as being something worthy of attention, but not division. I would never suggest that someone is somehow not saved if they don't use the 'right' name. It is kind of like the whole KJV only crowd. The last thing we need in the body of Christ is divisive arguments that cannot be definitively answered unless Jesus/Yeshua wants to make an appearance on the topic.

We have too much arguing and too little loving in our church! I don't want to add to it over trivial matters.

Quote Originally Posted by David ben Jesse View Post
    Question: Why was the name of the Lord changed to Jesus in the translations of the scripture?

Meaning of the name Yeshua: The Lord saves.
    Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Yeshua: for he shall save his people from their sins.
    coming from your scripture there about the son ....

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.”
    **John‬ *5:22-27‬ *KJV‬‬

that last phrase there " has given him authority to execute judgement because he is the son of man"

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:26‬ *KJV‬‬

God spoke forth dominion " sovereign authority" to mankind in the beginning. We followed satans will with that dominion , which is why the earth is so corrupt even now, A man had to overcome, in order to be given dominion, because when God gave it to man it's forever " His gifts and callings are without repentance" yeshua, is the begotten son of God. Begotten meaning he was born of a woman, being the son of man. This fills the requirement that man has dominion upon the earth.

God is above all we understand, but also its impossible for him to lie, or be wrong when he speaks because his words create what he speaks. God the Father, gave all things into the hands of his son, it's rather prevalent in scripture even before David, but especially becomes more clear with David

“Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-12‬ *KJV‬‬

all along God was foretelling that his son would be given all things, and would rule creation.

I can understand the point of view of other people, and it was not my intention to preach.
    Acts 2:21* And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The original name carries a meaning, which gets lost with the translation into other languages.
    However I agree that the Most High is also looking into the hearts of men and knows best, who worships him truly, and I don't want to split hairs. Just some food for thought.
    John_4:23* But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Thread Information